preachers don't really care about peo...

preachers don't really care about people that are in need

Posted in the Matewan Forum

It doesnt matter

Charleston, WV

#1 Jul 27, 2014
I hate preachers that act like they are better than you or ones that act like hippocrites..They are suppose to be there when you need help or need of prayer.You can ask them for money and they act like they can't help you,but they can give money to people to go on vacations or on a honeymoon now how pathetic if that..I mean if someone comes and says i need some help cause i need food,or i need help getting clothes or help me paying a debt i'm in or even need help getting a used car or need help paying rent that should be more important than giving it to someone just to go have fun..And don't say i'm like about this or making it up cause i know this to be a darn fact..I have asked for help many times and no i do not drink nor do drugs.But i do know someone that got alot of money from a church just to go have fun and it makes me sick..And how do i know this well it because we are all family and they would rather help them than to help me and my family..And I also know they have helped may others so whatever and can care less about someone that really needs it and could lose everything they have..But god will punish them when the time comes for what they have done to people and not helping people that really needs the help..Come on you so called preachers do the right things stop giving the money out to people that don't need it and start helping people like your own family and others that really do need the help and stop pocketing it all so u can go out to eat go on vacations and such and if you don't want people to know your business than stop posting pics and other stuff on facebook and letting certain people know cause they will tell it...I hope when you go to bed at night you just remember me and all the people out here suffering and needing help ..And it shouldn't matter if we go to church there or not as well..Preachers are suppose to help others!!Not shun them!!!
crazy

Elizabethtown, IN

#2 Jul 27, 2014
Preachers are suppose to share the gospel of Jesus Christ and not pay your bills or help you buy stuff. Lol
It doesnt matter

Charleston, WV

#3 Jul 27, 2014
Well They are suppose to share the gospel of Jesus Christ I do admitt that..But if someone is in need than they are suppose to help not pocket all the money so they can go on vacations and out to eat all the time and such..They are also not supposing to be giving to people to go on honeymoons and vacations and such..But if you need help with like buying food,clothes or pay rent and such cause you may lose your apartment or home or your in a finanical crisis than yes they should help..You but be so stupid or not taught how to give to those in need..God will bless you for helping others..You must be a hippocrite and selfless just like they are..They will pay for it when judgement day come..And the fact is we are family so it's no like we shouldn't be there for one another..
i agree with you

Charleston, WV

#4 Jul 27, 2014
After yesterday’s post about Fake-Ass Christians, I know many of you may feel picked on, but this is ONE topic that I hope we all, as decent God-fearing men and women, can FULLY agree on. There’s NOTHING more unholy and unrighteous than a pastor/preacher who is BALLING off of his congregation – who are mostly poor and struggling to make it. Before I launch into my rant, all I want you to do is watch THIS commercial first:
When people ask me WHY I don’t believe in organized religion, it’s men JUST LIKE THESE who I use as a prime example. And while you can easily insult these specific men and deny their importance in the grand scheme of the religious movement, they are ALL nothing but T.D. Jakes’, Creflo Dollars’ and Eddie Longs’ in training – and those men disgust me all the same too. I may not know a lot about the bible because I haven’t regularly attended a church since I was a young boy, but I’m VERY sure there are MANY passages where Jesus specifically talks about honouring the POOR and negating the self-importance of the rich. Verses such as:
Leviticus 19:9-11
9 ”‘When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. 10 Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.
Psalm 82:3-4
3 Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. 4 Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
Proverbs 14:31
31 He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.
Proverbs 19:17
17 He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.
Jeremiah 22:16
16 He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?” declares the LORD.
Matthew 25:37-40
37“Then the righteous will answer him,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’40“The King will reply,‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’
Mark 10:21
21Jesus looked at him and loved him.“One thing you lack,” he said.“Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
Luke 12:33
33Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.
Luke 14:12-14
12Then Jesus said to his host,“When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. 13But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind,14 and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”
James 2:5
5Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?
i agree with you

Charleston, WV

#5 Jul 27, 2014
This is the inside of Creflo Dollar's house...this is NOT excessive to YOU?
This is the inside of Creflo Dollar’s house…this is NOT excessive to YOU?
Now before someone comes in here and accuses me of being judgemental, please understand that NONE of those words were said or written by Lincoln Anthony Blades – those come from YOUR bible and they outline what YOUR thoughts and actions should be as dictated by YOUR deities. This is NOT my personal standard of beliefs – this is YOUR OWN. And everyday you attend your church and you see your pastor living a life of reckless lavishness that benefits his congregation in NO way, yet you’re too afraid to ask how the HELL is he not being directly insubordinate to the Lord you both serve?
And I DEFINITELY don’t want to hear about “yo bruh, just let that man do his thing! He gives back, he ain’t hurtin nobody so why are you sweating his pockets?” Because he isn’t being held to MY standard. When you become a pastor, preacher, deacon or any other position in the church you are NO LONGER playing by the same capitalistic society rules as the REST of us. All Christians are suppose to be IN this world, but not OF this world, and that’s even MORE true of the men and women with high ranking positions in the church.
Now I’m not saying that church officials must be POOR and destitute, but you will NEVER be able to justify to me that it’s GOOD for a pastor or preacher to drive a $250,000 car while his congregation bums rides and takes public transportation. You will NEVER convince me it’s cool for these dudes to live in houses the size of elementary schools, while their followers struggle to pay rent. If these sanctified men and women are truly as CHOSEN as they BELIEVE they are, they would realize that their material possessions are NOT the real blessings – it’s being able to use ALL that money you make to help those who can’t help themselves, so the meek truly can inherit the Earth.
This Is Yo
- See more at: http://www.thisisyourconscience.com/2013/07/t...
mercy

Verner, WV

#6 Jul 27, 2014
Is that his real name? Lol..It sounds like a money grabber. humm..
Viking

Strawberry Plains, TN

#7 Jul 29, 2014
You all are going to Hel for finding your salvation in a Jew!!! It sickens me to know what the Roman Catholic Church has forced my people to believe.
hi

Tacoma, WA

#8 Jul 30, 2014
Nope
Lol

Paintsville, KY

#9 Jul 30, 2014
It doesnt matter wrote:
I hate preachers that act like they are better than you or ones that act like hippocrites..They are suppose to be there when you need help or need of prayer.You can ask them for money and they act like they can't help you,but they can give money to people to go on vacations or on a honeymoon now how pathetic if that..I mean if someone comes and says i need some help cause i need food,or i need help getting clothes or help me paying a debt i'm in or even need help getting a used car or need help paying rent that should be more important than giving it to someone just to go have fun..And don't say i'm like about this or making it up cause i know this to be a darn fact..I have asked for help many times and no i do not drink nor do drugs.But i do know someone that got alot of money from a church just to go have fun and it makes me sick..And how do i know this well it because we are all family and they would rather help them than to help me and my family..And I also know they have helped may others so whatever and can care less about someone that really needs it and could lose everything they have..But god will punish them when the time comes for what they have done to people and not helping people that really needs the help..Come on you so called preachers do the right things stop giving the money out to people that don't need it and start helping people like your own family and others that really do need the help and stop pocketing it all so u can go out to eat go on vacations and such and if you don't want people to know your business than stop posting pics and other stuff on facebook and letting certain people know cause they will tell it...I hope when you go to bed at night you just remember me and all the people out here suffering and needing help ..And it shouldn't matter if we go to church there or not as well..Preachers are suppose to help others!!Not shun them!!!
Well it's people like you who don't know God until you need something. Get a fn job you lazy ass and quit expecting other people to take care of you. Doesn't the Government give you enough already! A church is not a bank. Churches have bills to. Why don't you offer to help the church. Volunteer to clean the church or cut the grass maybe then they would help you.. It's people like you that want to take and take and never give. It is people like you that God will punish! It's people like you that make me sick!
not a member

Elizabeth, WV

#10 Jul 30, 2014
I 100% agree with lol and so should everyone else. People are wrong for not helping. But your just as wrong if you dont do something to give back. To many people expect churches to give give give. But on sunday its regular ol members. Same ol people cleaning them same ol people cuttin the grass and same ol people asking for a hand out.
You all are so wrong

Walton, WV

#11 Jul 31, 2014
For one i do help churches out when i can but the fact is they can give money to there own church members to go on vacations and couples that got married to go on honeymoons but can help people out that is in extreme need..I'm not saying that should help anyone and everyone,but don't call me and my family a lazy *** when you don't know us..We just having fallen and some hard times and asking for some help ..And it's not like we wouldn't pay it back to them..We are family and we should help one another..And God will not punish me but them for being the way they are you all don't know them like I do .So all of you can kiss my ***People like you all make me so sick..You are suppose to help people that actually need help and God will bless you back not putting people down ..
Lol

Paintsville, KY

#12 Aug 1, 2014
You all are so wrong wrote:
For one i do help churches out when i can but the fact is they can give money to there own church members to go on vacations and couples that got married to go on honeymoons but can help people out that is in extreme need..I'm not saying that should help anyone and everyone,but don't call me and my family a lazy *** when you don't know us..We just having fallen and some hard times and asking for some help ..And it's not like we wouldn't pay it back to them..We are family and we should help one another..And God will not punish me but them for being the way they are you all don't know them like I do .So all of you can kiss my ***People like you all make me so sick..You are suppose to help people that actually need help and God will bless you back not putting people down ..
i. Fallen on hard time and I find extra work if it's cutting grass or cleaning someone's house. Try going out and picking up pop cans. You are lazy you want a damn hand out and if you help clean churches like you said you do then go ask them for money. You are putting down gods house and gods people. They may not be saints but only god can judge them not you. Apparently you have Internet and a computer because you like to get on here and judge churches for not giving you money. So sell your computer and turn off your internet, that will save you some money. Go stand on the street and bum like all the rest of the low life's.
Lol

Paintsville, KY

#13 Aug 1, 2014
You all are so wrong wrote:
. That's like someone coming up to me and saying you give your kids money now give me some. Those church members pay ties to there church. Do you? No! Because your to busy trying to bum them out of money. People truly having hard times can't afford computers and Internet and smoking and tattoos. Look at these other country's and how there people are starving. They don't have computers and Internet. Those people are the real needy ones not you. Today is check day you should be all right for a couple days lol
Kiss off

Walton, WV

#14 Aug 3, 2014
For one we didn't buy our computers they was bought for us as gifts and yes I do smoke but how many others works or draws ssi and such that smokes as well and yes i got tattoos so what..And the reason why I got friggin internet is cause of our child going to school and needing it to do homework and such..Why put me down when there are others that smoke weed,buys pills and drinks all the time..And yes when i went to church i did pay tithes...So go f yourselves you don't know me and my family so back off ..As least i don't act like a hippocrite like they do..I guess your saying it's ok for them to give money to people at there church for Honeymoons ,going on vacations and out to eat right!!! But to help someone that needs food and whatever ain't good enough!!All of you need to read the bible more and learn that your suppose to helps others not be a bunch of a** holes and such ..Get a life yourself and stop downing others..
Lol

Paintsville, KY

#15 Aug 3, 2014
Kiss off wrote:
For one we didn't buy our computers they was bought for us as gifts and yes I do smoke but how many others works or draws ssi and such that smokes as well and yes i got tattoos so what..And the reason why I got friggin internet is cause of our child going to school and needing it to do homework and such..Why put me down when there are others that smoke weed,buys pills and drinks all the time..And yes when i went to church i did pay tithes...So go f yourselves you don't know me and my family so back off ..As least i don't act like a hippocrite like they do..I guess your saying it's ok for them to give money to people at there church for Honeymoons ,going on vacations and out to eat right!!! But to help someone that needs food and whatever ain't good enough!!All of you need to read the bible more and learn that your suppose to helps others not be a bunch of a** holes and such ..Get a life yourself and stop downing others..
lmao you are truly an idiot and by the way you get on here and rant I think you may have a touch of inbreed in you. Yeh a lot of people do a lot of stuff they shouldn't do but they don't all ask for churches to help them like you are doing and then putting these churches down for not helping you. You fat a$$ lazy bit*h get off you fat lazy a$$ quit smoking your pot asking for hand outs and get a job! So if your kid needs the computer why are you on it? You are a bad example to your kids and you should have never been aloud to breed. People like you should be spayed.
lpnjeff

Charleston, WV

#16 Aug 4, 2014
Wow, wow, and wow!
It truly concerns me when people, who are in true need of help, whether it be in money, food, or expenses, ask for help from neighbors, family, and/or pastor's of churches. And there seems to be no help or answers.
I do not think that it is the responsibility of any pastor or church to supply any needs to anyone outside of their assembly.
I know of many people, individuals, and families in the Mingo Co. area who are truly in need of help in food, clothes, and expenses. That is what the DHHR is for. Instead of placing blame on churches/pastors maybe it would be a good idea to go the Welfare Office (DHHR) and see just what they may be able to supply. Mothers/fathers get off you behind, look and search. Sometimes it is hard to swallow pride to do what is best for one's family.
It is not the responsibility of pastors or churches to meet your financial needs. It is however the responsibility of fathers and mothers to get off their behinds, and go looking and seeking those programs that can help you and your families.
There are programs that can help you and yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matewan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 11 hr Bug 1,292
4 Letter Word Game lol (Feb '09) Sun Darktainium 6,683
Rainbow Inn Sun lee 1
New Game*** Last Word++2 (Mar '12) May 26 Darktainium 3,256
shannon murders (Jul '15) May 26 Remembering 5
Robbie Hodge May 26 Jessica Dee Colli... 1
One word......Your one word reply... (Apr '09) May 25 Darktainium 6,467
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Matewan Mortgages