Harris hired as Mingo Central principal

Harris hired as Mingo Central principal

There are 193 comments on the Logan Banner story from Oct 22, 2010, titled Harris hired as Mingo Central principal. In it, Logan Banner reports that:

The Mingo County Board of Education has hired a principal for the new consolidated high school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Logan Banner.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
HAHA

Prestonsburg, KY

#1 Oct 22, 2010
Hire someone from the Williamson (Kentucky to be specific) area and try to sucker the kids from Williamson into coming to the new school.
amazing

Charleston, WV

#2 Oct 22, 2010
Thank goodness it wasnt Jada.

“Come with me if u wana live.”

Since: Oct 10

Matewan WV

#3 Oct 22, 2010
Didn't she used to teach Social Studies at Matewan High?
Geez

Charleston, WV

#4 Oct 22, 2010
she was the principal at Williamson High School for a while...God help us all..they're gonna need more than 1 principle to run that school.
Bush

Man, WV

#5 Oct 23, 2010
HAHA wrote:
Hire someone from the Williamson (Kentucky to be specific) area and try to sucker the kids from Williamson into coming to the new school.
All 20 of them?
nemesis

Daniels, WV

#6 Oct 23, 2010
Hiring people and there's not any access roads built to this remote area. They're probably going to use these old winding coal haul roads to get the kids on the mountain. By the time they get there they will be exhausted. We've got some real smart people in Charleston running the show.
Bush

Man, WV

#7 Oct 23, 2010
nemesis wrote:
Hiring people and there's not any access roads built to this remote area. They're probably going to use these old winding coal haul roads to get the kids on the mountain. By the time they get there they will be exhausted. We've got some real smart people in Charleston running the show.
They won't have to walk, they're gonna use buses, so they shouldn't be too tired.
tiger

Logan, WV

#8 Oct 23, 2010
I'm disappointed that Ms. Harris accepted the job at the new school, she's been great at Tug Valley, i surely hope jada or Marcella don't get the job, it's the last thing tug valley doesn't need
BoB

Richmond, KY

#9 Oct 23, 2010
What about all the other principles does that mean they are left without a job? I wonder how they go about hiring for the new school? Does teachers have seniority? The new school seems like it will put some teachers in retirement and make unemployment go up.
nemesis

Daniels, WV

#10 Oct 23, 2010
The people knew it would cause severe job losses, that's why they voted against it. That's when Buck Harless and Hester Keatley filed suit to keep it going. And to the ignorant person who said the kids won't be tired, you probably don't have any kids to be dragged up these winding, crooked roads, and stay on a bus an hour and a half each way.
Bush

Man, WV

#11 Oct 23, 2010
nemesis wrote:
The people knew it would cause severe job losses, that's why they voted against it. That's when Buck Harless and Hester Keatley filed suit to keep it going. And to the ignorant person who said the kids won't be tired, you probably don't have any kids to be dragged up these winding, crooked roads, and stay on a bus an hour and a half each way.
If you're claiming it takes an hour and a half to get to the new school, you obviously don't have any kids going there either. How long do you think it takes kids from Beech Creek to get to Matewan?

You're whining about "severe job losses". Well I guess you're not one of them tea baggers then huh? That would also make you not one of them republiklans either huh? Good for you!
It's the height of stupidity to operate 4 single A high schools in this county and the only reason people are against it is they don't want to lose their 'tigers','bulldogs','lions' and 'wolfpack'. Grow up and get over it. In less than 10 years the kids won't know what 'tigers', etc were.
BoB

Richmond, KY

#12 Oct 23, 2010
Well it's a good thing they are not like Kentucky and make their money on attendance. Because with all those schools combined and that school all the way on a mountain when it snows this winter their won't be a lot of kids going to school.
Bush

Man, WV

#13 Oct 23, 2010
BoB wrote:
Well it's a good thing they are not like Kentucky and make their money on attendance. Because with all those schools combined and that school all the way on a mountain when it snows this winter their won't be a lot of kids going to school.
Kentucky calls off school when it snows and reschedules it.
Congrats Debra

Holden, WV

#14 Oct 23, 2010
I think Mrs. Harris will do an outstanding job, no matter where she is. I hate for TVHS to loose her, she's been great. I think Ms. Charles would be a great fit for TVHS or the new school, but I am wishing she would come to TVHS. Ms. Hunter I really don't feel is the correct fit for the new school or TVHS.
tugvalleyfan

Logan, WV

#15 Oct 23, 2010
I would hope that the board would look at giving Ms. Julia Collins the principal's job at Tug Valley, she does a good job as does Ms. Marsha Maynard.
1 post removed
haha

Chesterfield, MO

#17 Oct 23, 2010
kentucky calls off school if the wind blows too hard, what are you talking about?
AGREE

Holden, WV

#18 Oct 24, 2010
tugvalleyfan wrote:
I would hope that the board would look at giving Ms. Julia Collins the principal's job at Tug Valley, she does a good job as does Ms. Marsha Maynard.
I agree with that 100%, I just didn't know they had any interest in it. Both of them are fabulous!!
No Dog In The Hunt

Logan, WV

#19 Oct 24, 2010
Coach wrote:
Wonder who will be basketball and football coach....
You heard it here first: Football coach: Tony Clusky; Basketball coach: Garland Thompson; Baseball coach: Pedro Ledger Softball coach: Phillip Mitchell; Girls Basketball: Don Taylor; Volleyball: Clay Moore
1 post removed
No Dog In The Hunt

Logan, WV

#21 Oct 24, 2010
when it is built it will be, with the big Massey emblem at midfield
Bob

Richmond, KY

#22 Oct 24, 2010
Why Massey emblem it was our taxes not Don's that built the school!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matewan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 Letter Word Game lol (Feb '09) 5 hr honeymylove 6,680
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 21 hr well 1,287
New Game*** Last Word++2 (Mar '12) 22 hr Darktainium 3,256
shannon murders (Jul '15) 23 hr Remembering 5
Robbie Hodge 23 hr Jessica Dee Colli... 1
One word......Your one word reply... (Apr '09) Wed Darktainium 6,467
Last word game (Apr '10) Wed Darktainium 5,094
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Matewan Mortgages