Prison Time for Cover-Up

Prison Time for Cover-Up

There are 21 comments on the West Virginia Metro News story from Feb 17, 2006, titled Prison Time for Cover-Up. In it, West Virginia Metro News reports that:

Thirty-six year-old Walter Harmon, Junior was sentenced Friday to 70 months in prison and three years supervised release.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at West Virginia Metro News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DRR

Knoxville, TN

#1 Mar 4, 2006
I FIND IT AN ABSOLUTE SHAME THAT ANYONE INVOLVED IN THIS MURDER, GRAVE DIGGER OR TRIGGER PULLER, ONLY RECIEVE 70 MONTHS IN JAIL. THEY WERE ALL PRESENT AND NO ONE EVER CAME FORWARD AND TOLD THE AUTHORITIES WHERE MY COUSINS BODY WAS BURIED. HE DESERVES MORE THAN 70 MONTHS FOR THE PAIN AND AGONY THAT MY AUNT TINA AND UNCLE ALFRED ENDURED WHILE THEY SEARCHED FOR THE BODY OF THEIR DAUGHTER.

THIS HAS BEEN THE HARDEST THING MY FAMILY HAS EVER HAD TO ENDURE. I ONLY HOPE SOMEONE LEARNED SOMETHING FROM IT.

MAY GOD BLESS TINA AND ALFRED AND HELP THEM TO BEGIN THE HEALING PROCESS
kdog

Normantown, WV

#2 Feb 16, 2009
some of the authorities was involved they sold coke there over 20 yr the law knew
kdog

Normantown, WV

#3 Feb 16, 2009
the law? knew they sold coke there foreover 20 yr
shocked

United States

#4 Feb 16, 2009
I think that its terrible that the authorities wanted Carla's help but couldnt keep her safe. They knew how dangerous it was but didnt care as long as they got their information. Its sick to know so many ppl were involved in the murder & they way it was all done. Its a shame these ppl get a slap on the wrist for what they have done...

Carla may have been on drugs before and been involved with the wrong ppl but she was still a good person and a mother...now her children are without a mom. They have to grow up with all of this. No one deserves this...she didnt deserve this. Over stupid drugs...

My heart goes out to her family...they are good ppl
Shelby

Phelps, KY

#5 Feb 16, 2009
shocked wrote:
I think that its terrible that the authorities wanted Carla's help but couldnt keep her safe. They knew how dangerous it was but didnt care as long as they got their information. Its sick to know so many ppl were involved in the murder & they way it was all done. Its a shame these ppl get a slap on the wrist for what they have done...
Carla may have been on drugs before and been involved with the wrong ppl but she was still a good person and a mother...now her children are without a mom. They have to grow up with all of this. No one deserves this...she didnt deserve this. Over stupid drugs...
My heart goes out to her family...they are good ppl
i agree with everything you said...GOD BLESS THE FAMILY
just_ice

Phelps, KY

#6 Feb 17, 2009
Thats not much time for a life that was took...what happened to the people that were still involved and never came up on charges.....
witchy woman

Fond Du Lac, WI

#7 Feb 17, 2009
carla collins was a drug addict, and never hit a lick at nothing except snorting a pill, doing a line, or hitting the pipe, and she was not a good mother she never took care of none of them, and what the hell does drr in tenn know she,s shacked up with thomas copley i always say if lay down with dogs your going to get fleas then die.
unext

United States

#8 Feb 18, 2009
you are right. carlas closet wasnt the cleanest. mine isnt either. may we look in yours witchy?
witchy woman

Fond Du Lac, WI

#9 Feb 18, 2009
yes, maybe i was a bit harsh, but some people pumped her up like she was this up standing citizen motherly saint type and that she was not she was kind of nasty but anyway god rest her soul.
shocked

United States

#10 Feb 22, 2009
unext wrote:
you are right. carlas closet wasnt the cleanest. mine isnt either. may we look in yours witchy?
Wow...So that makes what happened to her ok??! No one is perfect and ppl do get caught up in bad things but thats still terrible for what happened. Its terrible also that you are so cold hearted. I guess no one is as perfect as u whoever u are.
shocked

United States

#11 Feb 22, 2009
witchy woman wrote:
carla collins was a drug addict, and never hit a lick at nothing except snorting a pill, doing a line, or hitting the pipe, and she was not a good mother she never took care of none of them, and what the hell does drr in tenn know she,s shacked up with thomas copley i always say if lay down with dogs your going to get fleas then die.
Wow...So that makes what happened to her ok??! No one is perfect and ppl do get caught up in bad things but thats still terrible for what happened. Its terrible also that you are so cold hearted. I guess no one is as perfect as u whoever u are.
witchy women

Fond Du Lac, WI

#12 Feb 23, 2009
did i say what happened to her was ok, your missing the point, she didnt need to be put on a pedestal and i knew her went to school with her when she showed up, and she worked really dam hard to get caught up in bad things, and i never claimed to be perfect either but i certainly didnt fuck for drugs, steal from my mother, and give my children away and the only reason she was an informant she got caught and had to narc some people out and had to make a deal to save her own ass or she was fucking the police. later
my opinion

United States

#13 Jun 23, 2009
I agree with witchy women. It is not right for people to make Carla out to be something she wasn't. There is alot more to the story than we will probably ever know. Carla was not a good mom. Carla was very mean and nasty to alot of people. I don't think she deserved to die or die in the way that she did.
Simpkins

Normantown, WV

#14 Jun 23, 2009
I know Walt personally and he didn'know what he was getting into....he thought he was digging a hole to bury drugs and money not a body....I personally don't think he deserves any time in prison but Porgey and Valerie now that's a different story they knew exactly what they were doing they were going to murder Carla, it was premeditated and deserves capital punishment!!!!
So to sum all this up, No Walt doesn't deserve to go to prison and Yes Porgey and Valerie deserve the death sentence!!!!!
whatever

Fond Du Lac, WI

#15 Jun 23, 2009
yes i agree with that.
Aunt Bee

Pikeville, KY

#16 Jun 23, 2009
I don't know personally if he had anything to do with this but anyone involved in a murder should get the death penalty or never get out of jail, what about the other one that was involved and never received anything I think they should go to jail also. Not just because they got scared and gave states evidence they were there and they were involved.
hmm

Prestonsburg, KY

#17 Jun 23, 2009
condolences for her family..especially the children..god rest her soul, and they will pay in the end!
Waharmon1969

United States

#18 Oct 25, 2011
Im sorry............thats all i can say
Waharmon1969

United States

#19 Oct 25, 2011
hmm wrote:
condolences for her family..especially the children..god rest her soul, and they will pay in the end!
i pay every day of my life

“Come with me if u wana live.”

Since: Oct 10

Matewan WV

#20 Oct 25, 2011
Well let's think. She snorted blow and was snitching. And the po po was in on a big coverup that spand more than 20 years. I remember going to Porgie's playin putt putt when I had but a small dick. They was snorting blow and smoking reefer which I think should be legal all the time. I mean I remember catching contacts from my pops after he went to get me a superman icecream from the place. So what I get from the whole situation and think is that some people will kill you being satisfied that you are dead the rest of their lives n the pin. So don't ever cross a MF'er or you could be paying with your very right to draw your next breath. God Bless The Dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matewan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
William robinette 1 hr Tammy 1
Mingo central Dec 2 Man Of Mayhem 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Nov 28 Jay Siatan 3,906
Rhonda daniels Nov 27 Meee 2
One word......Your one word reply... (Apr '09) Nov 26 darktainium 6,492
Red Jacket yearbooks Nov 25 Must love dogs 1
Looking for year books Nov 25 Must love dogs 1

Matewan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance