Ideas For the King Coal Festival

Ideas For the King Coal Festival

Posted in the Matewan Forum

Since: Nov 09

Logan, WV

#1 Jan 27, 2010
Planning is stating for the 2010 King Coal Festival and we are in need of ideas for activities to help create a special day for the county. Please give this some thought and pass along your suggestions to me. For example: bingo games for older adults, a dance for high school students or a bicycle race. Thank you for your participation.

Since: Nov 09

Logan, WV

#2 Jan 28, 2010
It would be great if I could get some ideas from residents in and around Matewan. These community events should be fun and interesting for everyone and we want to give our children some warm memories of growing up in the Tug Valley. Thanks again.

Since: Nov 09

Logan, WV

#3 Jan 28, 2010
Folks, I have had a little over 30 suggestions given to me from Williamson, Kemit, Delbarton, Belfry and Gilbert. It would be great to hear from Matewan.

“Nanner!”

Since: Aug 09

newtown

#4 Jan 28, 2010
they need to open the pool back up in matewan, maybe a park in town , if it is warm enough maybe some water games,
and something that young an old can do , not just toddlers an 80 yr old people...
what about everyone in their 20's? there isnt anything in matewan for them
matewan needs a skating rink an stuff like that , maybe a resturaunt for the younger generation, somthing with some flashy lights an music
confused

Inez, KY

#5 Jan 28, 2010
he wasn't talking about yr round activities....he was just asking about the king coal festival they have in williamson every yr...but yea those things would be nice for all the small towns in mingo county...but mingo county is to cheap...they don't care about ppl living here...but anyhow on the king coal....maybe karaoke...a few carnival rides...music for a younger crowd...anything for younger ppl will bring a bigger crowd

“Nanner!”

Since: Aug 09

newtown

#6 Jan 29, 2010
i know but they should be more worried about what the community would like to do all the time, instead of just one day a yr...

but they could have a hoedown,lol
maybe a small petting farm for toddlers, they would get a kick out of that/
as for people at my age, maybe a band contest or somthing, i know a few bands that would participate, not that bluegrass junk either... some rock, somthin the kids will like...
they need stuff worth wasting the gas to go to matewan
mingo warrior

United States

#7 Jan 29, 2010
How about a motorcycle ride or a poker run.
Mingo Man wrote:
Planning is stating for the 2010 King Coal Festival and we are in need of ideas for activities to help create a special day for the county. Please give this some thought and pass along your suggestions to me. For example: bingo games for older adults, a dance for high school students or a bicycle race. Thank you for your participation.

Since: Nov 09

Logan, WV

#8 Jan 29, 2010
kellie jo wrote:
i know but they should be more worried about what the community would like to do all the time, instead of just one day a yr...
but they could have a hoedown,lol
maybe a small petting farm for toddlers, they would get a kick out of that/
as for people at my age, maybe a band contest or somthing, i know a few bands that would participate, not that bluegrass junk either... some rock, somthin the kids will like...
they need stuff worth wasting the gas to go to matewan
I understand what you have said and don't disagree at all, but we are talking about celebrations. You may want to start a thread about the pool and encourage people to call the mayor and city councilment and ask them re-open the pool. If enough people raise this issue, then something is likely to be done. Thank you for your suggestions for the festivals.

Since: Nov 09

Logan, WV

#9 Jan 29, 2010
Thank you for your suggestions. I check the thread at least once a day so keep them coming.

Since: Nov 09

Logan, WV

#10 Jan 29, 2010
I'll summarize all the suggestions I've received on Monday so I hope to receive more from the Matewan area by then. Thanks again for your efforts.

Since: Nov 09

Logan, WV

#11 Feb 1, 2010
Thanks, Matewan. I'm compiling a list in a word document and will distribute it to the members of the Mingo County AIM group tomorrow at their meeting in Williamson. I'm sure we'll pursue some of the suggestions and will try to give you and update from time-to-time. Good work.
veteran

Winchester, KY

#12 Feb 1, 2010
Mingo Man wrote:
Thanks, Matewan. I'm compiling a list in a word document and will distribute it to the members of the Mingo County AIM group tomorrow at their meeting in Williamson. I'm sure we'll pursue some of the suggestions and will try to give you and update from time-to-time. Good work.
try honoring some of our veterans,and our troops who are serving now from the williamsom guard!

Since: Nov 09

Logan, WV

#13 Feb 2, 2010
The AIM meeting scheduled today was canceled and has been rescheduled for Feb 23rd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matewan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what song best describes your mood (Nov '09) Sat Blue Eyes 2,142
Loretta Tennessee Dotson Sat Maddy 1
Half of the Runyon family Feb 5 Kathy 2
One word......Your one word reply... (Apr '09) Feb 4 _Zoey_ 6,445
New Game*** Last Word++2 (Mar '12) Feb 4 Breezy _Soul 3,209
Promoting Matewan (Jul '15) Feb 4 Kait 10
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Feb 1 landlord_2 1,220
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Matewan Mortgages