Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#46836 Apr 16, 2014
if obama doesnt shut up putin will put sanctions on america. http://www.newrepublic.com/article/116853/eco...
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#46837 Apr 16, 2014
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/08/business/in... john deer farm equpment factorys in russia. russia buys alot of our chit.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#46838 Apr 16, 2014
im sorry. i dont watch obamas threats on channel MSNBC.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#46839 Apr 16, 2014
chit hasnt been repeated 3 times to me. i dont believe it.
George

Stollings, WV

#46840 Apr 16, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text> And please don't ever presume to be physically intimidating. You're weak and old.
Says the computer tough guy who admits he only talks like this on the internet. LOL
2 posts removed

“Our founders”

Since: May 13

NEVER COMPLIED

#46843 Apr 16, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>I am over 65 and get entitlements, and I've never been to college, but just because I walk slow doesn't mean I'm not spry.
True George. Now go lay down.

“Our founders”

NEVER COMPLIED

#46844 Apr 16, 2014
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. While we may "tone-match", most people in the country are moderates. And most of us that post on this thread have already made up our minds on the issues and are not going to be swayed by arguments from the other side. Although I will say that some assumptions are made by both sides about the other side which are entirely false. While I definitely align more with the right than the left, I certainly do not agree with everything that the right does, especially the far right.
No doubt. The only reason why I even started on this thread was because I had to correct the ridiculousness being said about Obama being a Muslim terrorist awaiting his sign from Satan. I run hard left, but I regularly debate politics with true tea baggers. It's always civil because it's more effective. Not because, as George thinks, that there'll be a scrum. What doucher. Age without wisdom. Amazing.
George

Elizabeth, WV

#46845 Apr 16, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
True George. Now go lay down.
Typical, more LIES by the pathological liar. Just your style.
George

Elizabeth, WV

#46846 Apr 16, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I am a narcissistic liar with a severe mental illness. I was committed to the asylum but then I turned 18. Mom let me move back in the basement with my gay lover so I could mooch off the government and hold Obama cult meetings so all great now. Soon as they make gay marriage in WV legal life will be perfect. My psychiatrist has worked with me on the pathological lying but I just cant control it. I try to debate without lying and hositlity but then I look like a total moron so I must stick with what works for me. I was a short bus rider you know
Yeah we know, check yourself back in the hospital.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#46847 Apr 16, 2014
Another Damn Liberal wrote:
A gun does not a patriot make.
Krystal Ball calls out Rancher Cliven Bundy And His Gang Of Thugs
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/15/1292...
Krystal Ball came out swinging on Krystal Clear today on the Cyclist. She is rightfully mad that the Right Wing has appropriated the word patriot.
Cliven Bundy is a rancher who has been grazing his cattle on public lands without paying the required fees. He was also grazing on protected land. Cliven Bundy has lost his case against the federal government several times. The federal government finally came in and impounded Cliven Bundy’s livestock.
Ultimately an armed gang of thugs came from many parts of the country to support Cliven Bundy. Fox News and other conservatives referred to Cliven Bundy and his thugs as patriots.
Imagine if these were armed land owners in North Dakota and South Dakota attempting to protect their land against corporations evoking eminent domain on their land. Does anyone believe conservatives would call them patriots? Does anyone doubt the government would go in for the kill?
Yet the government backed down from Cliven Bundy and his thugs. The government gave him back his livestock.
Just because conservatives call Cliven Bundy a patriot does not make him one
These guys are not patriots. They do not recognize the United States as their government. They do not respect the rule of law. They disregard the ruling of the courts. Why are they called patriots? They are called patriots because many allow them to get away with it. In not pushing back it becomes a reality for many.
Krystal Ball said it best when she said.
We on the left should not allow conservatives get to away with appropriating patriotism; bastardising it and claiming it as their exclusive domain. We should not accept their loaded rendering of the term. Because real patriotism should be grounded in the recognition that from the highest heights of power down to the homeless vet sleeping on the streets we are all Americans.
yes ...harry reid ... your guy clucked himself didnt he.
George

Walton, WV

#46848 Apr 16, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
<quoted text>yes ...harry reid ... your guy clucked himself didnt he.
The media isnt reporting much on Harry and this situation. Go figure.

“Our founders”

NEVER COMPLIED

#46849 Apr 16, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
<quoted text>yes ...harry reid ... your guy clucked himself didnt he.
It's time for Republicans to stop trying to stick the public with the bills. It's always been taxes, now it's your healthcare bills you want the option to screw us with. Every rancher in the country plays by the same set of rules. But this millionaire redneck shirks his payments and he's the hero? Not hardly.

Pay what you owe. It's that simple.

“Our founders”

NEVER COMPLIED

#46850 Apr 16, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>The media isnt reporting much on Harry and this situation. Go figure.
The land they tried to get Harry Reid involved in is over 100 miles away. He's irrelevant. Been debunked:

Even the conservative Breitbart site debunked this conspiracy claim, noting:

Despite the obvious partisan gain to be had if Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's son Rory (a failed 2010 Nevada gubernatorial candidate) had somehow been involved in a "land grab" affecting the Bundy family ranch operation — the facts just do not pan out as such. Indeed, Rory Reid did in fact have a hand in plans to reclassify federal lands for renewable energy developments. Just northeast of Las Vegas and Nellis Air Force Base, plans were drawn by Reid allies to potentially develop 5,717 acres of land for such use. While it would be fair to claim that such activity was in Bundy's relative neighborhood, the federal lands once leased by the family were more than 20 miles away, east of Overton, Nevada.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/nev...
George

Saint Albans, WV

#46851 Apr 16, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
The land they tried to get Harry Reid involved in is over 100 miles away. He's irrelevant. Been debunked:
Even the conservative Breitbart site debunked this conspiracy claim, noting:
Despite the obvious partisan gain to be had if Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's son Rory (a failed 2010 Nevada gubernatorial candidate) had somehow been involved in a "land grab" affecting the Bundy family ranch operation — the facts just do not pan out as such. Indeed, Rory Reid did in fact have a hand in plans to reclassify federal lands for renewable energy developments. Just northeast of Las Vegas and Nellis Air Force Base, plans were drawn by Reid allies to potentially develop 5,717 acres of land for such use. While it would be fair to claim that such activity was in Bundy's relative neighborhood, the federal lands once leased by the family were more than 20 miles away, east of Overton, Nevada.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/nev...
This is from your article and is unethical in itself.

==========

Reid has been one of the project's most prominent advocates, helping recruit the company during a 2011 trip to China and applying his political muscle on behalf of the project in Nevada. His son, a lawyer with a prominent Las Vegas firm that is representing ENN, helped it locate a 9,000-acre (3,600-hectare) desert site that it is buying well below appraised value from Clark County, where Rory Reid formerly chaired the county commission.

“Our founders”

NEVER COMPLIED

#46852 Apr 16, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>This is from your article and is unethical in itself.
==========
Reid has been one of the project's most prominent advocates, helping recruit the company during a 2011 trip to China and applying his political muscle on behalf of the project in Nevada. His son, a lawyer with a prominent Las Vegas firm that is representing ENN, helped it locate a 9,000-acre (3,600-hectare) desert site that it is buying well below appraised value from Clark County, where Rory Reid formerly chaired the county commission.
How? If Congressmen didn't use political clout to lure businesses, what would they use? That's why their elected. To bring their states the most shit. Are county commissioners not allowed to tell companies about cheap land?

And what's the relevancy? You wondered why Reid wasn't being covered in connection with the tea baggers' scam he's been pulling. The reason is because he isn't in connection with it. Do you get it now?
George

Saint Albans, WV

#46853 Apr 16, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
How? If Congressmen didn't use political clout to lure businesses, what would they use? That's why their elected. To bring their states the most shit. Are county commissioners not allowed to tell companies about cheap land?
And what's the relevancy? You wondered why Reid wasn't being covered in connection with the tea baggers' scam he's been pulling. The reason is because he isn't in connection with it. Do you get it now?
A commissioner/politician prompting businesses is one thing. A commissioner/politician promoting a business his son represents is another. It is unethical.

“Our founders”

NEVER COMPLIED

#46854 Apr 16, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>A commissioner/politician prompting businesses is one thing. A commissioner/politician promoting a business his son represents is another. It is unethical.
No it isn't George. If his son is a businessman in his state, he has a responsibility to promote his business as much as any other.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#46855 Apr 16, 2014
ole reid knows exactly whats going on in his home state. he aint pulling a "i didnt know" on me. he knows all about those solar companys and hes going to grease his own wheels. obama is unethical and so is many of his buddys.
George

Saint Albans, WV

#46856 Apr 16, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't George. If his son is a businessman in his state, he has a responsibility to promote his business as much as any other.
I would respectfully disagree. A politician while in office using his position to promote a business of his family and friends is unethical. It has the appearance of favoritism whether it actually occurs or not, making it unethical.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#46857 Apr 16, 2014
wall street insiders.... all of them. republicans and democrats

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matewan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 7 hr Selfish fools 4,393
who was the best football player to play at Mat... (Jan '10) Jan 16 Tigers 185
where is coach danny (BB) perkins at? (Nov '11) Jan 16 Philip Mitchell 15
Mark whitt payed off the Mexican restaurant for... Jan 15 Frankie 7
Seriously Kerri Hannah? Jan 15 Former pack 2
One word......Your one word reply... (Apr '09) Jan 10 So_da_lish_us 6,505
Anyone heard from Orvel Bailey? (Jul '17) Jan 8 Peter smoker 6

Matewan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance