anonymous

Gilbert, WV

#1 Feb 28, 2014
are they fighting chickens at blackberry ky Saturday night?
anonymous

Gilbert, WV

#2 Mar 29, 2014
I heard blackberry has shut down but tomahawk in martin count ky is still fighting every Saturday morning.
So wrong

United States

#3 Mar 30, 2014
Do you all know it is illegal to fight roosters..That is cruelty to pets..I hope they all get caught and have to pay a fine and get jail time for such stupid behavior..Makes me sick..
Umm

Yawkey, WV

#4 Apr 2, 2014
So wrong wrote:
Do you all know it is illegal to fight roosters..That is cruelty to pets..I hope they all get caught and have to pay a fine and get jail time for such stupid behavior..Makes me sick..
From what I understand, they do it in Kentucky because Kentucky doesn't recognize roosters as "animals", so animal cruelty laws don't apply. I think it's a load of crap, myself. They need to make fighting roosters equal to fighting dogs or anything else. It's cruelty, no matter how you look at it, and those who partake in this kind of activity should be imprisoned, just the same.
anonymous

Gilbert, WV

#5 Apr 2, 2014
Umm wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I understand, they do it in Kentucky because Kentucky doesn't recognize roosters as "animals", so animal cruelty laws don't apply. I think it's a load of crap, myself. They need to make fighting roosters equal to fighting dogs or anything else. It's cruelty, no matter how you look at it, and those who partake in this kind of activity should be imprisoned, just the same.
if you get caught at a chicken fight now it is a federal crime,and you will be facing up to a year in jail and a one hundred thousand dollar fine.and if you get caught bringing a child under the age of sixteen you will be facing a two hundred and fifty thousand dollar fine and up to three years in jail.obama signed the bill in early march making it a federal crime.blackberry ky has shut down but there is a place in martin county ky called tomahawk that is still fighting every Saturday morning.the FBI can do something about it now.
Schultz

Logan, WV

#6 Apr 3, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> if you get caught at a chicken fight now it is a federal crime,and you will be facing up to a year in jail and a one hundred thousand dollar fine.and if you get caught bringing a child under the age of sixteen you will be facing a two hundred and fifty thousand dollar fine and up to three years in jail.obama signed the bill in early march making it a federal crime.blackberry ky has shut down but there is a place in martin county ky called tomahawk that is still fighting every Saturday morning.the FBI can do something about it now.
You think with it being a federal crime, they will have a federal prosecutor?
Wonder if it will be the same one that busted the county politicians?
You think they will get more time for fighting chickens, than those politicians got for voter fraud, extortion, violating citizens civil rights, conspiracy?

I know that a lot of people think it's cruel, and a lot of people think it's a sport, but whichever side you agree with , i think you would agree that the punishment should not exceed what was handed out to you disgraced r county leaders
worthty

Kermit, WV

#7 Apr 13, 2014
really come on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matewan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 34 min Captain Awesome 4,167
Crystal collins Cox (Nov '13) Mon Facts 5
David Ratliff Mon Debbie Prater Rat... 1
brandi dearfield Sun big girl 1
kikroy Sun Kilroy 1
croc browning and angeline lester Jul 22 SUMMER 1
josh davis Jul 19 meh 1

Matewan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance