Mingo Court Appearance

Mingo Court Appearance

There are 12 comments on the WCHS-TV Charleston story from Nov 30, 2013, titled Mingo Court Appearance. In it, WCHS-TV Charleston reports that:

Charleston , Kanawha County , West Virginia A central figure in the federal corruption investigation in Mingo County wants his guilty plea to drug charges dismissed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS-TV Charleston.

Country Girl

Fort Wayne, IN

#1 Dec 2, 2013
This man was guilty of possession of the drugs with intent to distribute which is clearly against the law.

I understand that he was pretty much forced into a plea arrangement with the Team Mingo crew but that doesn't change the fact that he did have drugs and he was known for distributing them...Even to the slain Sheriff.

I agree that his sentencing should be evaluated but to have the charges completely dismissed is just plain crazy!!

This is my opinion on this matter.
mee

Morristown, TN

#2 Dec 2, 2013
Country Girl wrote:
This man was guilty of possession of the drugs with intent to distribute which is clearly against the law.
I understand that he was pretty much forced into a plea arrangement with the Team Mingo crew but that doesn't change the fact that he did have drugs and he was known for distributing them...Even to the slain Sheriff.
I agree that his sentencing should be evaluated but to have the charges completely dismissed is just plain crazy!!
This is my opinion on this matter.
He said he sold them to him. Eugene cannot defend himself u just take one side and that makes it true.
Country Girl

Fort Wayne, IN

#3 Dec 3, 2013
mee wrote:
<quoted text>He said he sold them to him. Eugene cannot defend himself u just take one side and that makes it true.
So can you explain why Team Mingo, the Sheriff and the rest of the gang concocted this plea agreement with this man? Sound to me like they were definately trying to cover something up. Just my opinion....

And my opinion was not try to put down the Sheriff, it was to put down the Thug that is trying to get out of the charges.

I agree that his sentencing should be looked at but to have the charges completely dismissed is absurd!!
mee

Morristown, TN

#4 Dec 3, 2013
Country Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
So can you explain why Team Mingo, the Sheriff and the rest of the gang concocted this plea agreement with this man? Sound to me like they were definately trying to cover something up. Just my opinion....
And my opinion was not try to put down the Sheriff, it was to put down the Thug that is trying to get out of the charges.
I agree that his sentencing should be looked at but to have the charges completely dismissed is absurd!!
The former judge said that Eugene never bought pills off of White. He said it in one of his court appearances. Why would Mike go out of the way to say that its not going to help him.
Country Girl

Fort Wayne, IN

#5 Dec 4, 2013
mee wrote:
<quoted text> The former judge said that Eugene never bought pills off of White. He said it in one of his court appearances. Why would Mike go out of the way to say that its not going to help him.
And it appears that the former Judge always tells the truth right?

Uhhhh NOT! It is what it is and now based upon what the White guy said the late Sheriff's image is tarnished whether he bought drug from him or not. Guess Ethe late Sheriff took that secret to the grave among many others huh?
Old Crow

Prestonsburg, KY

#6 Dec 4, 2013
Drugs are bad but George White deservs a fair trial too. lets not forget that Team Mingo all wanted a fair deal or get out of it is what they thoguth was goina happen.The Feds should look into Mrs. Rosie Crum too. She knows evrything her late husband was into bt hse has a boyfriend now so she is not on the up and up either. she wants people to look stupid and feel sorry for her so she can keep on getting whatever she wants. Its nor going to happen. The citizens of mingo county want our tax dollars back for you getting paid to do nothing as sheriff.
Country Girl

Fort Wayne, IN

#7 Dec 5, 2013
Old Crow wrote:
Drugs are bad but George White deservs a fair trial too. lets not forget that Team Mingo all wanted a fair deal or get out of it is what they thoguth was goina happen.The Feds should look into Mrs. Rosie Crum too. She knows evrything her late husband was into bt hse has a boyfriend now so she is not on the up and up either. she wants people to look stupid and feel sorry for her so she can keep on getting whatever she wants. Its nor going to happen. The citizens of mingo county want our tax dollars back for you getting paid to do nothing as sheriff.
I agree that he should have a fair trial without any corrup influences....

But I don't think the charges should be completely dismissed..

My opinion...
Country Girl

Fort Wayne, IN

#8 Dec 5, 2013
**corrupt
MEMEMEM

Logan, WV

#9 Dec 5, 2013
I BET WHEN IT ALL COMES OUT IN THE WASH THAT THEY WAS INVOLVED WITH EUGENES DEATH . I WILL BET AND DONT CARE TOO,SOMEWAY OR SOMEHOW THEY WAS INVOVLVED
Country Girl

Fort Wayne, IN

#10 Dec 5, 2013
Karma is a 8itch!
Voter

Charleston, WV

#11 Dec 5, 2013
Country Girl wrote:
**corrupt
Mingo County and it's residents are Corrupt.
Old Crow

Prestonsburg, KY

#12 Dec 5, 2013
I wouldnt doubt it one bit that eugene crum did that drug bust to keep fomr paying the money back to george white but push come to shove and now threre is proof of the check but what took Rosie so long to so called break her silence.She didnt wait for euegen's body to get cold before she got her a younger man. What kind of a widow is she? She claims to ove euegen but she goes out with her boyfriend. That is not respectible. eugene would do dirty things to people and have them put in jail if they didn't do what he wanted and that may have got him killed.i hope everything comes out in the murder trial because someone has paid that boy to shoot eugene and the one who done it is still here in this county. Be afraid is what i would be if i were the family of the late eugene crum. not threatening any body but they are still out there. The one who paid Tennis to kill eugene

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matewan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Randy Hunt 2 hr Buck wild 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 4 hr Meme 4,409
who knows J.R. Dotson aka Flea (Mar '09) 8 hr Someone 72
What happened last night? Sun Twatty 2
Randy Hunt Feb 17 The who 5
who was the best football player to play at Mat... (Jan '10) Feb 11 Tiger4Life 187
Kaylynn hensley (Jun '17) Feb 6 Go gurl 2

Matewan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Matewan Mortgages