Aug 23, 2012 Full story: Williamson Daily News Online

The Matewan Town Council discussed, with representatives, becoming part of a long-distance hiking trail before ultimately signing on at Tuesday's meeting.

Full Story

Since: Aug 12

Pikeville, KY

#1 Aug 25, 2012
I think this is a good idea.
RisharTheGreat

Nashville, TN

#2 Aug 25, 2012
Who cares? So we can come back home and have bloody pee from drinking the water from Mingo County taps? You can catch Mesothelioma by just walking your F'in dog in that place. I'll take my ATV elsewhere, my money to.
Brookie

Beckley, WV

#3 Aug 25, 2012
It is a great thing to see this trail come through this part of our state........the income from it might be small at first but it will grow with time as did the income from travelers on the Appalachian Trail.........our future is tourism.....our future is selling the beauty of our rivers and mountains.......not blowing the tops off of them for coal.....the sooner our politicians learn this the better..........those who think our prosperity relies on the destruction of our mountains are fools!
smart

Oak Hill, WV

#4 Aug 30, 2012
Amen!! These companies come here and destroy our state break down our people rob our natural resources and leave with all the profits while our people suffer and beg to have it done all over to them again.
wvsky

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Aug 30, 2012
RisharTheGreat wrote:
Who cares? So we can come back home and have bloody pee from drinking the water from Mingo County taps? You can catch Mesothelioma by just walking your F'in dog in that place. I'll take my ATV elsewhere, my money to.
"I'm sure the good people of Matewan appreciate that."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matewan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The delbarton event venue 4 hr Amy 2
New Game*** Last Word++2 (Mar '12) 5 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,515
Last word game (Apr '10) 5 hr Hatti_Hollerand 4,658
4 Letter Word Game lol (Feb '09) 10 hr Theo 6,063
Candi Kinder Wed curious 1
matewan restaurant Oct 27 single 1
Montgomery supermarket (Jun '09) Oct 26 justme 1,521
Matewan Dating
Find my Match

Matewan People Search