Aug 23, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Williamson Daily News Online

The Matewan Town Council discussed, with representatives, becoming part of a long-distance hiking trail before ultimately signing on at Tuesday's meeting.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Aug 30, 2012

Since: Aug 12

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

I think this is a good idea.
RisharTheGreat

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

Who cares? So we can come back home and have bloody pee from drinking the water from Mingo County taps? You can catch Mesothelioma by just walking your F'in dog in that place. I'll take my ATV elsewhere, my money to.
Brookie

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

It is a great thing to see this trail come through this part of our state........the income from it might be small at first but it will grow with time as did the income from travelers on the Appalachian Trail.........our future is tourism.....our future is selling the beauty of our rivers and mountains.......not blowing the tops off of them for coal.....the sooner our politicians learn this the better..........those who think our prosperity relies on the destruction of our mountains are fools!
smart

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

Judged:

Amen!! These companies come here and destroy our state break down our people rob our natural resources and leave with all the profits while our people suffer and beg to have it done all over to them again.
wvsky

Prospect, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

RisharTheGreat wrote:
Who cares? So we can come back home and have bloody pee from drinking the water from Mingo County taps? You can catch Mesothelioma by just walking your F'in dog in that place. I'll take my ATV elsewhere, my money to.
"I'm sure the good people of Matewan appreciate that."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Matewan Forum right now

Search the Matewan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 18 min Mgtn Res 53,520
Wanted: Male Persian or Himalayan for stud (Mar '10) 9 hr Ann 26
New optometrist sees great future for county 10 hr Lol 6
Danika Pruitt 13 hr Well well 7
direct tv hacker Tue customer 1
What happened to WVKM 106.7? Tue thinking 6
'Turn This Town Around' meet set for Wednesday Jul 21 Just Sayin 12
•••
•••
•••
Matewan Dating

more search filters

less search filters