Cigar

Indianapolis, IN

#41 Feb 12, 2010
haha, wow this conversation has gotten out of hand.
Steve

Newark, NJ

#42 Feb 13, 2010
The Kat Shack can be a bit on the rougher side, however, Cafe 34 is very high priced with their drinks if you don't hit them for Happy Hour...any other sophisticated places in Matawan?
sam

Rutherford, NJ

#44 Feb 16, 2010
the brass rail has a great happy hour... the court jester is also a good spot...the pine tavern is great but limited bar space & gets slam packed... cafe 34 is good , but overpriced ...the clientele in all these places are blue collar/ hard working regular people...the rat shack is still full of rats...
Jack P

Holmdel, NJ

#45 Mar 23, 2010
Sorry Sam guess you can't play darts or pool - hmmmmm last itme I checked those items are usually found in a bar/tavern. Maybe the best place for you is at home.

Kat Shack - good food and reasonable priced drinks. The bartenders are very friendly too. The best part about it is that you won't have to worry about seeing good ol' Sam there.
jose

Rutherford, NJ

#46 Apr 23, 2010
i be their twoday for many frio cervezas
Jules Verne

Madison, NJ

#47 Apr 23, 2010
Cerveza frio, tonto.
Liz

Mount Vernon, NY

#48 Apr 28, 2010
Can anyone comment on any other bars that have pool tables??? All of the suggestions for alternatives to Kat Shack (or Rat Shack whatever) do NOT have pool tables.

(p.s. I am NOT white trash but I like to play pool -- you people are mean)
sam

Rutherford, NJ

#49 Apr 28, 2010
cue & brew is an option for you , a shot and a beer joint with a table on route 34 in aberdeen but it`s being rennovated right now . jack p. and his miscreants will be at the rat shack till then .
Jules Verne

Madison, NJ

#50 Apr 29, 2010
"Jack P and the Miscreants" is a great name for a band. Better than naming your band after some awful dice game.
Jack

Rutherford, NJ

#51 Jun 3, 2011
The dump is for sale , it`s a money loser .
JRan

United States

#52 Jun 7, 2011
Matawan Man wrote:
so lemme get this straight....you guys go to a bar and then complain when there are loud mouth tattooed people there? thats hilarious.... your better off at the library with a glass of wine
You are a GENIUS!!!! No sarcasm intended!!!
sam

Rutherford, NJ

#53 Jun 8, 2011
This shot and a beer joint needs to go , it draws rats and is an eyesore . I hope the new owners will turn it around.
Another Opinion

Stamford, CT

#54 Jun 23, 2011
Thanks for the laughs....I'm putting this forum under my "Favorites"!

Since: Feb 11

Montclair, NJ

#55 Jun 25, 2011
I find this thread amusing!
Normal

Harrison, NY

#56 Aug 3, 2011
Frank wrote:
I do not own another bar in town, I simply patronize them. You prove my point " your full of it " , should be " you`re full of it " , anyone with a high school diploma knows that. Enjoy the Rat Shack , with all the other shot and a beer folks. Visit The Brass Rail, Cafe 34 , or Maloneys if you want to rub elbows with a more sophisticated crowd.
Hey FRANK, your name isn't "Chet"' or "Kyle"... Calm youself, or head to the Navasink County Club with "Muffy"
Mike Hackerts

Little Ferry, NJ

#57 Jan 10, 2012
whadda dumppp the crack shack is !!
losersssss all dayyy erry dayyyy

buy a few bottles of beer at qwik chek and stay home or take a ride to a local nearby dumpster and sit inside it and drink your drinks, same atmosphere (but dumpster smells better, has better company, and te rats are cuter)
jack mehoff

Little Ferry, NJ

#58 Jan 10, 2012
true it is weird and wack
really? a little house on main street that has liquor, bad music, worse crowd, and the wackos that sit outside after closing laughing like rabid hyenna's

save up for a night out at a real establishment in nyc or jerzey shore
Henry Chinaski

Copenhagen, Denmark

#59 Jan 20, 2012
What's your beef, sir?

I am a poet. I spent a lot of time in the Kat Shack, drinking every night. One day I met and fell for Wanda (she looked like Faye Dunaway). She's an alcoholic too but she sees the true me. She helped me get my poems published and for a short time I was famous. But in the end we are both happier as anonymous barflies.

Kat Shack gave me all of that, so I wrote a poem about it:

Kat Shack
Knick knack, paddy whack.
hear my knuckles crack
eat a salty snack
was addicted to smack
but now I am back
nancyannenj.

Indianapolis, IN

#60 Jan 26, 2012
burger wrote:
Hey is this place anywhere by the burg???????
No. Main Street in Matawan
nancyannenj.

Indianapolis, IN

#61 Jan 26, 2012
Steve wrote:
The Kat Shack can be a bit on the rougher side, however, Cafe 34 is very high priced with their drinks if you don't hit them for Happy Hour...any other sophisticated places in Matawan?
LaRiviera on Main Street. Great food and staff with reasonable prices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matawan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Stress Care Of Central Jersey (May '11) Aug 19 John 4
News Hudson attorney files ethics complaint against ... Jul '17 MIKE 1
Pain Meds Available here (Feb '17) Jul '17 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2
Is Laurence Harbor a safe area? Jun '17 Ellie 1
Keyport Then and Now (Mar '07) May '17 raditrike 173
News What Is There Too Much Of In Matawan, Aberdeen? (Feb '16) Apr '17 Legal immigrat fo... 4
Building Near Train Station Apr '17 Metro Guy 1

Matawan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Matawan Mortgages