Nick Manning

Europe

#21 Jun 5, 2009
I think this whole topic of conversation is one we should be dropping. Loads of different people go to the KAT shack, some are totally W.T., but there is a whole rainbow of trash that goes through the door...We should all just get along.
kingsx

Bayonne, NJ

#22 Jun 19, 2009
Anyone who complains about Matawan
being a "low rent district",
has obviously never paid their real estate taxes here.

btw, I think all those snobby high school diplomates
should go back to from whence they came.

...not that I want a beer thrown at my meal.
Skizots

Middletown, NJ

#23 Jun 28, 2009
I've been to both the Brass Rail & Maloneys. Although the food is very good, both need to offer more menu selections, and both are on the pricey side. Maloneys does have a really nice bar, though, with an extensive beer menu.
Todd Blankenship

United States

#24 Jul 9, 2009
Maloneys? More like "Baloneys", amirite? That place is terrible. They have been cited NUMEROUS times for health code violations, they are known to employ people right out of the 7-11 parking lot. It is a well known fact that the owner has posed as a Gypsy, wears a fatsuit to AA meetings, and consistently parks in handicapped spots..He is known to wear a cape, crown, scepter and little more as he "cooks his books" at the end of the night. And I mean he LITERALLY "cooks his books". He boils old paperback books in a pot, and uses the resultant sludge as slurry to pad out his hamburger meat. "Hamburger Helper" indeed...Eat at your own risk. I give the establishment my worst rating....10 thumbs up.
Bill

Lakewood, NJ

#25 Jul 10, 2009
I would say "don't you people have anything better to do?" but then again, I AM reading this...ugh
Wow

Milford, CT

#26 Jul 15, 2009
What do you expect at a bar? I think Sam and Frank are both idiots and need to go back to where ever they came from. They obviously do not belong in a bar. Why the hell would they have shots at a bar, if you cannot do them? Maybe you should take your high school diploma and shove it up your a**.
Luizi

Spotswood, NJ

#27 Aug 3, 2009
I frequent the Kat Schack usually during the day time as I work near by. I've found the food and service to be excellant and never saw any trash people inside. Those people complaining about "trashy" people don't get out much I assume. KNOCK KNOCK ....Its a BAR
Dan Doy from Matawan

Spotswood, NJ

#28 Aug 3, 2009
I'm in there all the time and the place is WACK

They have some smokin bartenders that work there !!
Todd Blankenship

United States

#29 Aug 3, 2009
Smokin? Maybe I guess compared to the Mutants that frequent the place. It's like the cantina scene in Star Wars, except the women are hairier than Chewbacca. You need to get out more. have you tried the Brass Rail? If you can get past the overwhelming stench of Drakkar and find a parking spot in between all the Monte Carlo SSs and Camaros, you might enjoy it.
Dan Doy from Matawan

Spotswood, NJ

#30 Aug 3, 2009
Todd
Its obvious from your posts you must be some sort of "gay troll" which is ok ( I'm not gay bashing here) I mentioned the bartenders which I would consider good looking. You should stick to the BRAS RAIL with the other "alternatives"

Dan
Jack P

Spotswood, NJ

#31 Aug 3, 2009
Sorry Todd but I have to agree with Dan Doy. You seem to have a real problem with this place. A quick fix for you is.....DON'T GO THERE.
Nude is Good

East Orange, NJ

#32 Aug 6, 2009
Hey wake-up, Pool Tables & Dart Boards are staples of bars, and drinking & being foul are all part of the bar scene, if you want quite & nice "STAY HOME" the real world is to much for you!
burger

Middletown, NJ

#33 Aug 6, 2009
Hey is this place anywhere by the burg???????
Shane Tanner

United States

#34 Aug 7, 2009
My uncle used to own the Kat Shack (back when it was known as the Black Pelican). A bunch of goons roughed him up when they tried to get him to sell it since that location was consdiered best for drug running as it was close to the border (it's between Matawan and Sayreville). I teamed up with a local school teacher, who was an elementary school teacher that knew how to handle herself (her college education was paid for by the military). We teamed up and took down the local hoodlums (inclusing the teachers cousin who warned her about teaming up with me.) It ended when one of the hoodlums was impaled by the symbolic black pelican at the bar.
jose

Saddle Brook, NJ

#35 Oct 9, 2009
do shack acept foud stanps me need mas cerveza
Justice

East Orange, NJ

#36 Oct 9, 2009
_Party On!
Brian Flanagan

United States

#37 Oct 9, 2009
After I left the Army, I tried to get a marketing job in New York. But without a college degree, this was not possible. I then decided to start studying for a business degree at the local Brookdale Community College and got a part time job as a bartender at the Kat Shack. It was not that easy, but when my new boss Douglas Coughlin taught me the secrets of the bar trade, we became the most famous bartenders in Matawan. Both Doug Coughlin and I wanted our own top class cocktail bars someday and my Cocktail Bar is to be called "Kat Shack, Too", and in order to get the necessary money to open it, I travelled to Jamaica to work as a bartender at a resort Tiki Bar, and the pay was good. There I met Jordan Mooney, a young and pretty, up and coming American artist on vacation with her girlfriend from New York, staying at the Island resort. Jordan and I spent some quality time together and fell in love. But then I took a dare from my old buddy, Doug Coughlin to sleep with an older woman, who was also staying at the resort. Jordan, herself the daughter of wealthy parents back in Middletown, left the Island overnight, after seeing me and the older woman together after closing... Will Jordan ever forgive me and will we get back together?
thomas

Kew Gardens, NY

#38 Oct 9, 2009
i recently purchased a netgear gigabit ethernet pci adapter model GA311NA and i'm running ubuntu 9.10 beta desktop, brian is a rear end hole if he thinks he can troll useless groups all the while watching the tick-tock for the flint stone whistle to blow. my question is will this card support osx86?
jose

Saddle Brook, NJ

#39 Oct 14, 2009
who tell me take our foud an wic stanps for frio cerveza
Cohen and Siegel

New York, NY

#40 Nov 13, 2009
On November 13, Felix Unger was asked to remove himself from his place of residence; that request came from his wife. Deep down, he knew she was right, but he also knew that some day he would return to her. With nowhere else to go, he appeared at the home of his friend, Oscar Madison. Several years earlier, Madison's wife had thrown HIM out, requesting that HE never return. Can two divorced men share an apartment without driving each other crazy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matawan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Newport CH International Group LLC: Resirkuleri... May 18 Danielleiyfioren 6
Esset Koyal Group Capital Management: Is FB Ano... May 11 jakelee528 6
Topcoat Construction Limited (TCL Associates): ... Apr '15 el3nabrown 6
Review: Tiffany's Vintage Closet Apr '15 anonymous 5
TLS Group Madrid, Barcelona, London: Services Mar '15 stevemorlug25 1
Topcoat Construction Limited (TCL Associates) Mar '15 gr3ygordon 5
News Four Texans charges with home invasions Mar '15 Jen 7
More from around the web

Matawan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE