Keyport School District Resignations
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dave77

Newark, NJ

#41 Jul 11, 2012
There are many reasons why schools don't fare well. Some blame parents. But as many people have said here, the problem has been going on for many years. I believe it has to do with a bad curriculum. For example. I asked 3 Keyport 3rd graders this past year to name me 3 Justin Bieber songs. 2 girls and a boy and they got 3 for 3. Then I asked them where Canada was? Only 1 knew. 9 year olds not knowing a simple geography fact like that. Two of the three said they don't read regularly at home either. So the system is all over the place. Then you add the very crazy rules and laws that New Jersey schools have to follow and it's no wonder we place so low. Point is there's enough blame to go around. Now we just have to fix it. Giving up is not an option.
Cissy

Linden, NJ

#42 Jul 11, 2012
justme wrote:
I don't even care to waste my time trying to figure out the official count anymore but another addition to the list -- the Director of Guidance is leaving. I have lost track of how many Directors of Guidance have left the district in the past 5 years. I believe this might be the 5th if you count the one guy who was there as an interim director at one point.
Just to add another to the list: Ms. Bonnie, the secretary in the guidance office, she is retiring.
justme

Fair Lawn, NJ

#43 Jul 11, 2012
Cissy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to add another to the list: Ms. Bonnie, the secretary in the guidance office, she is retiring.
Well, it was probably about time for her to do so. Retirements are one thing -- a normal part of attrition. I'm not sure that we can really count those in on the list of resignations. I do also however see on the school website that a position has been posted for "student assistance coordinator" as well as cheerleader coach. Which leads me to believe that Christine Grossman has resigned as well.
More Data PLEASE

Europe

#44 Jul 20, 2012
"You demand a better learn enviornment"..Classic stuff posted by another of the Matawan Hillbillies. Maybe a better environemnt would be to take the kids out of your double wide and put them in an environment where "culture" is a little more than something they find in a yogurt cup. Your kids are failing because you are failures as parents. You are weak, stupid and ignorant.
My two cents

Pleasantville, NJ

#45 Jul 20, 2012
More Data PLEASE wrote:
"You demand a better learn enviornment"..Classic stuff posted by another of the Matawan Hillbillies. Maybe a better environemnt would be to take the kids out of your double wide and put them in an environment where "culture" is a little more than something they find in a yogurt cup. Your kids are failing because you are failures as parents. You are weak, stupid and ignorant.
If you read all these posts, you would see many parents are trying hard to support their children and are worried about their kids' futures, and they have every right to be. Most parents are not weak, stupid and ignorant, but are concerned citizens. They are worried about the district failing their kids by not providing adequate curriculum so they are prepared for the real world and/or college.
You are ignorant of the fact that apparently something is wrong with the district for this many teachers to resign, all within one school year. We don't know all the reasons why these teachers have resigned, but those teachers were excellent and taught there for several years. Despite the school lacking a rigorous curriculum, having an unsupportive administration team, and a low morale of the building, these teachers were dedicated to their jobs and worked hard to help all their students. The teachers and parents aren't at fault and the kids are victims since they are forced to attend a failing district. All the kids know that Keyport is one of the worst districts, and because of this, many of them come into school with low expectations and do the bare minimum because the district allows it.
On a final note, Keyport is huge on sports and allows students with failing grades to keep playing on their teams. This demonstrates how much the school "really cares" about academics. Put in a new and strong administrative team and I'm sure Keyport will improve.
Dave77

Newark, NJ

#46 Jul 20, 2012
Not all parents cause the problem and not all teachers, but if you add the burdened curriculum, double working parent households, teachers that are lousy but have tenure you have an enviornment that doesn't work. It can't be just one item. It has to be all the points that cause the problem or make the solution.
Cissy

Florham Park, NJ

#47 Sep 18, 2012
One would have thought that with the beginning of the new school year the resignations would stop. On the recent board meeting agenda for Sept. 19 the following is listed as resignations.

Ms. Kimberly Rosas submitted her letter of resignation on September 12, 2012, effective November 12, 2012.

Ms. Allison Lemberg submitted her letter of resignation on August 22, 2012, effective October 19, 2012.

Mr. Joseph Gabriel submitted his letter of resignation on August 27, 2012, effective August 31, 2012.
Dave77

Little Ferry, NJ

#48 Sep 18, 2012
Too much political correctness with teachers being handcuffed to perform their duties. Parents expect teachers not only to teach their kids, but to raise them as well. There is no disipline with many of these kids and with the weak, ridiculous bullying laws, overwhelming illegal immigrant admissions the school fail. There are just alot of reasons why these schools do poorly. Back to basics. School is for learning and social developement. It is not a daycare.
first

Camby, IN

#49 Sep 18, 2012
Stop voting down the budgets remember our children are our future. Kids first!
Cissy

Florham Park, NJ

#50 Sep 25, 2012
Its sad when people consider money the problem. In NJ money has been thrown at the problem and has done no good. Look at the abbott districts. The only thing that the extra money did was to cause more corruption in our education system. What is needed is dedicated educators and administrators who truly care about education and not their pocketbooks. Don't blame money nor parents.
Dave77

Little Ferry, NJ

#51 Sep 25, 2012
It's not money. It's philosophy. Parents want their kids raised in school instead of taught. The restrictions on schools is ridiculous, so kids do, act and say whatever they want without consequence. The no child left behind law is so incredibly stupid that it eliminates the need for self responsibility or consequence of actions. Why is New Jersey so bad when it comes to schools. I'm sure there are more reasons. I know the sanctuary mentality of allowing illegals to go to our schools plays into the scores too. But, I'm sure there are many reasons. You start at the beginning.
Concerned

Ridgefield Park, NJ

#52 Nov 9, 2012
I think it might be important for someone to check facts before writing something as detrimental as this. There are teachers in Keyport schools who care about these children and their education. To me this sounds like the voice of someone who has had a bad experience or is on a teacher witch hunt like so many others these days. Just sad.
Cissy

Little Ferry, NJ

#53 Dec 12, 2012
Concerned wrote:
I think it might be important for someone to check facts before writing something as detrimental as this. There are teachers in Keyport schools who care about these children and their education. To me this sounds like the voice of someone who has had a bad experience or is on a teacher witch hunt like so many others these days. Just sad.
How can you view this as a witch hunt? We are questioning why so many are leaving the district. There are so many problems with the local district. You may not be aware that Keyport High School is one of the lowest ranking schools in the state, a disgrace. Do you not care what type of education the public school is providing? There are many problems whether you want to acknowledge them or not. Call it a witch hunt and ignore the real issues, you have a right to be in denial.
Lots_of_info_ava ilable

New Brunswick, NJ

#54 Dec 13, 2012
According to NJ Monthly, the High School is ranked as the 226th public high school in New Jersey out of 328. This is up from 265th in 2008. So, things are improving.
By the way, the School District business manager has resigned, effective January 2, 2013, according to the BOE agenda as well as the main office High School Secretary, effective December 27, 2012.
Cissy wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you view this as a witch hunt? We are questioning why so many are leaving the district. There are so many problems with the local district. You may not be aware that Keyport High School is one of the lowest ranking schools in the state, a disgrace. Do you not care what type of education the public school is providing? There are many problems whether you want to acknowledge them or not. Call it a witch hunt and ignore the real issues, you have a right to be in denial.
Le petite Weinus

Sayreville, NJ

#55 Oct 1, 2013
justme wrote:
For those who might have lost track of Keyport School District resignations --
This summer --
Central School Vice Principal Medlin
High School Principal Brownridge
Director of Guidance Biggan
Central School 2nd grade teacher Amanda Caruso
(resigned 12/20, effective date 12/31/11)
High School Social Studies teacher Chris Reginio
(resigned 12/15, effective date 2/10/12)
Central School Art teacher Christina Cella
(resigned 12/15, effective date 2/10/12)
High School Math Teacher Michael Williams
(resigned 12/13, effective date 2/27/12)
High School Math Teacher Candice Linzmayer
(resigned 12/16, effective date 3/1/12)
Will the last one out please shut the door and turn out the lights.

Sharon Gallagher French teacher resigned August 27 2013, effective November 27 2013. Anyone know why?
Cissy

Newark, NJ

#56 Oct 2, 2013
It is odd that she, Sharon Gallagher, is retiring in first half of the school year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matawan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Racist Matawan police post to Facebebook ,white... Jan 7 khaze 2
Bensi - Old Bridge Dec '17 MDV 1
Busting the seams Dec '17 Whitey ford 2
Review: Foley & Assoc - Peter Foley CPA (Jun '10) Oct '17 Jude 3
What's finally going to be going into the old N... (Mar '17) Aug '17 John 2
Review: Stress Care Of Central Jersey (May '11) Aug '17 John 4
News Hudson attorney files ethics complaint against ... (Jul '17) Jul '17 MIKE 1

Matawan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Matawan Mortgages