MB Lover

Port Jefferson, NY

#1 Feb 17, 2012
How can a person who runs a paper and writes articles about the Village be impartial when he is now getting paid by the Village as the PR person? My comments have nothing to do with the fact that he is a felon because he paid his price for his crimes, but the idea that newspapers are supposed to be unbiased and that is certainly not the fact in this case. How can the owner of the paper allow this?
Corruption in the works

East Moriches, NY

#2 Feb 20, 2012
MB Lover wrote:
How can a person who runs a paper and writes articles about the Village be impartial when he is now getting paid by the Village as the PR person? My comments have nothing to do with the fact that he is a felon because he paid his price for his crimes, but the idea that newspapers are supposed to be unbiased and that is certainly not the fact in this case. How can the owner of the paper allow this?
He's allowing this because he's getting 1400.00 dollars a month where as before he was getting ZERO!$1400.00 a month can make anything happen, even forming biased news. Isn't it nice to see where our tax dollars are going?
Frankin truth

Selden, NY

#3 Feb 20, 2012
well his is not a newspaper, it's a publication that reprints press releases and other items he see fits, and sometimes if the photo isn't what he wants he photoshops it, it hasn't been a paper since he took over. Which is why we should ask why our tax dollars are spent putting legal notices in that publication, thousands of tax payer dollars help support it every year
Get a life

Patchogue, NY

#4 Feb 20, 2012
Frankin truth wrote:
well his is not a newspaper, it's a publication that reprints press releases and other items he see fits, and sometimes if the photo isn't what he wants he photoshops it, it hasn't been a paper since he took over. Which is why we should ask why our tax dollars are spent putting legal notices in that publication, thousands of tax payer dollars help support it every year
The South Shore Press has and will continue to be a community newspaper for the residents of Mastic, Shirley and the new Village of Mastic Beach.
Fred is an employee of the paper. He paid his debt to society and has moved on with his life. We should try to do the same instead of always beating up on people.
The paper has given the new village great coverage. Other publications have not.
The village needs someone to help with pr and community outreach. Lets see what Fred can do before we trash someone. Its time to work together and stop always being stupid and negative.
Feed up in Mastic Beach...
Frankin truth

Selden, NY

#5 Feb 20, 2012
sorry get a life but I think it's a valid point about the conflict here, Fred is entitled to make a living but the conflict of running a paper and being a pr person for the village is a legitimate question, not that slick freddie is used to anything legit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mastic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lots of people want the village more then anti ... 6 hr Makes me wonder 18
mastic village being dissolved 8 hr 11951 Rat Dog 232
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Sep 21 Pretty Shady 447
Use of collection agency Sep 21 Alan 121
Dissolve the village Aug '16 biker one 28
News Mosquito spraying Tuesday in Shirley, Mastic, F... Aug '16 Chepinskas 1
piece of shitt SPERY Aug '16 11951Ratdog 66

Mastic Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance