Montauk Hwy road work

Montauk Hwy road work

Posted in the Mastic Forum

Beetlejuice

Bridgeport, CT

#1 Nov 23, 2010
With all the work they've done on Montauk Hwy in Mastic, it still looks like "GARBAGE TOWN". Yes, the road and the lines and the curbs and sidewalks all look fine, but as you drive down the road and look at all the storefronts and signs.......disgusting, to say the least. Why can't we have a town like Sayville or Southampton to name a few. Why can't the town have these owners upgrade their storefronts and get rid of all the disgusting sign work. Every sign on every store is different in shape, size, color, age,dilappidated, falling down, rusting. Let's have some consistency at least. REALLY.....COME-ON NOW!!!!!! It looks horrible!!!!

“My rottie wants belly rubs”

Since: Jun 07

A few blocks from the Ocean

#2 Nov 23, 2010
I agree.....Maybe Mastic can look into becoming an incorporated village as a future option. Then they could apply for federal grants for revitalization.
Really

Bridgeport, CT

#3 Nov 23, 2010
Rottie Owner wrote:
I agree.....Maybe Mastic can look into becoming an incorporated village as a future option. Then they could apply for federal grants for revitalization.
Remember, part of Montauk Hwy is included in the proposed Shirley Village. Speak to MBVEC at their next meeting.
Beetlejuice

Bridgeport, CT

#4 Nov 23, 2010
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Remember, part of Montauk Hwy is included in the proposed Shirley Village. Speak to MBVEC at their next meeting.
When and where is the next meeting.

#5 Nov 23, 2010
Beetlejuice wrote:
<quoted text> When and where is the next meeting.
NEXT VILLAGE MEETING from the SPVEC
Saturday, December 4th, 12:00 pm Sharp
at the Library, Room A
Delia

Bronx, NY

#6 Dec 9, 2010
Rottie Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
NEXT VILLAGE MEETING from the SPVEC
Saturday, December 4th, 12:00 pm Sharp
at the Library, Room A
queer
Delia

Bronx, NY

#7 Dec 9, 2010
Rottie Owner wrote:
Typical queer darky,needs a dog to feel tough

#8 Dec 10, 2010
Delia wrote:
<quoted text>Typical queer darky,needs a dog to feel tough
Another troll who needs the internet to hide and feel tough.
Tommy T

Huntington Station, NY

#9 Dec 21, 2010
For all of you complaining, how may of these stores do you frequent? Maybe if your money stayed local, the stores would be able to upgrade signs and store fronts! People like you drive 30 minutes to a box store to save 15 dollars. You get sucked in and end up spending 50 dollars more than you planned. When you learn to keep you money in your town you will see improvement. Can you honestly name 5 privately owned stores on Montauk Hwy that you frequent? Remember you actually have to be a customer..... Good luck helping you town out chump.
Beetlejuice wrote:
With all the work they've done on Montauk Hwy in Mastic, it still looks like "GARBAGE TOWN". Yes, the road and the lines and the curbs and sidewalks all look fine, but as you drive down the road and look at all the storefronts and signs.......disgusting, to say the least. Why can't we have a town like Sayville or Southampton to name a few. Why can't the town have these owners upgrade their storefronts and get rid of all the disgusting sign work. Every sign on every store is different in shape, size, color, age,dilappidated, falling down, rusting. Let's have some consistency at least. REALLY.....COME-ON NOW!!!!!! It looks horrible!!!!
Really

Bridgeport, CT

#10 Dec 21, 2010
What the heck do they sell at the "RAYME" place near 7-11? All those boats are an eyesore too.
Tommy T

Huntington Station, NY

#11 Dec 21, 2010
Rayme does not sell anything, that is his home.
Confused

AOL

#12 Dec 21, 2010
I can't imagine that it is legal to have those boats in the front of his house. It is an eyesore but if we are waiting for the Town of Brookhaven to do something, we have a long wait.
Really

Bridgeport, CT

#13 Dec 21, 2010
Really wrote:
What the heck do they sell at the "RAYME" place near 7-11? All those boats are an eyesore too.
He does have a sign in the front saying "plants". I think his property is by far one of the worst offenders on Montauk Hwy.

#14 Dec 27, 2010
Really wrote:
<quoted text>He does have a sign in the front saying "plants". I think his property is by far one of the worst offenders on Montauk Hwy.
I agree that place is an eyesore. I didn't know what he sells there. I do frequent many of the independently owned stores as well as the big box stores. Sad but it's the big box stores with the money for landscaping and well kept facades out front. Not all small stores need attention, but most do.
Really

Bridgeport, CT

#15 Dec 27, 2010
Rottie Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that place is an eyesore. I didn't know what he sells there. I do frequent many of the independently owned stores as well as the big box stores. Sad but it's the big box stores with the money for landscaping and well kept facades out front. Not all small stores need attention, but most do.
There needs to be a major cleaning at Mr Farmer's place...it is a s-hole.
Donz

Richmond Hill, NY

#16 Dec 29, 2010
Donz | 1 min ago
Wow we are a great village...I have never seen so much snow on the roads...William Floyd is 3 lanes not now..in front of smittys hardware had a turning lane there no more all the side streets south of neighborhood forget that.. I understand there was a lot of snow but what about all the other years ...some village hu we pay more for for a lot less
Frank

Tenafly, NJ

#17 Jan 5, 2011
They should have extended 2 lanes in each direction on Montauk Hwy from the Southport shopping center to Mastic Road. Do it once - do it right. New Year's Eve traffic was backed up going west on Montauk Hwy from Southport to just west of Mastic Road. (McGraw St was also backed up as I was trying to go to Radio Shack from that road but turned around). Then that would have eliminated most of the front of the store parking. As a result either make parking available in the back or buy some or all of the few remaining open lots and make them into Public Parking lots. And add in a few more traffic lights and especially street lighting (like the ones they added for the Montauk Hwy improvement in East Patchogue). Then you could have start to turn Montauk Hwy in Mastic/Shirley into like a downtown/Main St area.

#18 Jan 15, 2011
Donz wrote:
Donz | 1 min ago
Wow we are a great village...I have never seen so much snow on the roads...William Floyd is 3 lanes not now..in front of smittys hardware had a turning lane there no more all the side streets south of neighborhood forget that.. I understand there was a lot of snow but what about all the other years ...some village hu we pay more for for a lot less
You paid no more for your village of Mastic Beach. Your taxes went to the Town Of Brookhaven!. They ARE responsible for snow removal. The Highway Dept. that is.
And WFP is in Shirley not Mastic Beach.(Where are there 3 lanes on WFP)? Also Smitty's Hardware is in Mastic not the village of Mastic Beach. Stop with this nonsense, and get some real facts to debate.
RJM

Mastic Beach, NY

#19 Jan 19, 2011
There are 3 lanes on WFP between Sunrise Service Road and Surrey Circle

#20 Jan 20, 2011
RJM wrote:
There are 3 lanes on WFP between Sunrise Service Road and Surrey Circle
Thanks I realize that. The original statement sounded like it extends the entire length of the parkway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mastic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mastic Beach or Ghetto Beach? (Feb '11) Aug 16 Losasayswhut 89
News Cops: Massapequa builder bilks customer out of ... (Nov '07) Aug 14 Concerned resident 153
News Moriches Man Charged With Home Improvement Scam (Feb '11) Aug 11 wow 16
tob Aug 9 hoo do you think ... 3
Moving to mastic beach. Wheres a good area to l... (Sep '11) Jul 28 One am 18
News Helicopter carrying WWE exec makes emergency oc... Jul 22 Evan Politico 4
How to piss off that rag Newsday (Aug '14) Jul '17 Tobar the eighth man 29

Mastic Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mastic Mortgages