WBLI host to apologize to Mastic area...

WBLI host to apologize to Mastic area residents

There are 261 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 1, 2008, titled WBLI host to apologize to Mastic area residents. In it, Newsday reports that:

An embattled radio host who ridiculed the poverty of the Mastic area is expected to apologize Monday to a firehouse full of irate residents, a station spokesman said Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Jimme Tide

Stamford, CT

#1 Mar 1, 2008
He's right Mastic is a dump! He's just being honest. Thats no reason to suspend a guy.
Cleaning Crew

AOL

#2 Mar 1, 2008
The Mastic residents' time would be better spent cleaning up their area. Seriously, why not coordinate a park or road clean up effort instead of picketing a radio station 20 miles away? What better way to show that you care about your community?
Kerri

Rocky Point, NY

#4 Mar 1, 2008
^^^^^^^^^^
picalo smuggler
Headline Writer 631

Coram, NY

#5 Mar 1, 2008
I was at the Pathmark in Shirley today -- I swear, I thought I was on another planet. His comments seem fair.
Mistake Beach

Bronx, NY

#6 Mar 1, 2008
I guess these people have all the time in the world to picket on Monday, since they don't have jobs. "Put the wheels on the house, we're a goin picketing!" Anyway the sex offender reports don't lie. Move them out of your neighborhood, and you will stop being made fun of.
Barack Obama

Richmond, VA

#9 Mar 1, 2008
Hmmm.
Leslie Nielsen

Richmond, VA

#10 Mar 1, 2008
I'm a very well respected, highly regarded community - but don't call me Shirley.
Kay

Huntingtown, MD

#12 Mar 1, 2008
Mastic is a shit hole. He shouldn't apologize for speaking the truth. Maybe instead of crying about it they should clean up their community.
Bubba

Rosedale, NY

#13 Mar 1, 2008
You see the pictures of that loser.lmao What a fat pig. He has the nerve to judge others. What an effin joke. Even he would be to low for Mastic.
Kay

Huntingtown, MD

#15 Mar 1, 2008
P.s. "Mistake Beach" we have another name for it: Trashtic Mastic.
Sex Offender

Richmond, VA

#16 Mar 1, 2008
I am utterly appalled that a disc jockey is allowed to cast these kind of aspersions on the place I call home.
GMC

Rocky Point, NY

#17 Mar 2, 2008
"IM SORRY".....FOR TELLING THE TRUTH.

IT WAS JUST A JOKE!! I CANT BELIEVE THE GUY HAS TIME TO DO A PETITION AGAINST BLI, UNREAL, WHO HAS TIME TO DO THAT?
SuzieQ

Patchogue, NY

#18 Mar 2, 2008
People should use caution in what they say and common sense. It has long been in vogue to allow these shock jocks to say things that are outlandish to get the people to react and listen. It is rude and distasteful.

However, I think in this instance, as with Imus, they should not be stifled but the format of these shows should be changed to not promote this type of talk any longer.

Times are changing and people are going back to the more reserved way of life. This behavior is just getting boring.
SuzieQ

Patchogue, NY

#19 Mar 2, 2008
Jimme Tide wrote:
He's right Mastic is a dump! He's just being honest. Thats no reason to suspend a guy.
There are real people who live in Mastic-Shirley. They deserve respect from the rest of us. Through no fault of their own, our county officials have been using this area as a dumping ground because the property was cheaper and all the miscreants are collected in this one area. It is shameful and dangerous. I would like to have some of these dregs of society dumped into houses near Foley or Lavalle or the rest of our lousy pols.
alexei27

Centereach, NY

#20 Mar 2, 2008
Ok fine....the morning radio guy screwed up. But it is no secret that there are many parts of Mastic/Shirley that are really run down and dirty. Maybe all the outraged citizens who want to protect the reputation of their town...should plan a cleanup or attend town hall meetings to make things better. This seems like a better use of time then traveling 20 miles to chastise a DJ on the 6th most popular radio show.
Tom Cruize

Littleton, NH

#21 Mar 2, 2008
Whazzup all y'all haters! mASStic is in the hizzie! All y'all losers in Huntington jus jelous. Fo' real. Y'all should check yo selfs, befo' you wreck yo' selfs. Dig it.
rob

Somerville, NJ

#22 Mar 2, 2008
no apology required wbli was right on the money. Mastic trash
Community Member

Yorktown Heights, NY

#23 Mar 2, 2008
Hay Mastic! I'd like to see your local activist get the politians to do something about crime and slum lording! Your making yourselves look like dumb asses with the radio guy! The politians love are loving this. The can have you yelling at the radio while their rifling through your pockets. Good job get rid of the radio guy and everything will fine!
bob

Central Islip, NY

#24 Mar 2, 2008
mastic is the newark of long island.
New Resident

Yorktown Heights, NY

#25 Mar 2, 2008
Just moved to Mastic. Does anyone known how many derelict cars I can have on my property? The landlord says that as long as the check clears its all good. He's on the School Board and a Fire Commisioner so it should be fine!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mastic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Watch Dog 11 hr Ha Ha Ha 7
Paradise Lost! 16 hr Betty Go Home 30
another thrift shop 21 hr The End is Near 7
Splice T Considers Name Change Aug 1 Unknown 2
Is Betty the new Bruce? Jul 31 So so so tired of... 52
Does anyone remember.......... (Jan '11) Jul 30 Splice T 78
New Mastic Beach Drug House Jul 30 Splice T 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mastic Mortgages