Posted in the Mastic Beach Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Apr 09

Yorktown Heights, NY

#1 Nov 23, 2010
The people have spoken!
At least the ones who came out to vote. If someone has a vote count please post it.
And congratulations to the Vision team on there sweep.
Here is a good question. Not even mine. Given to me by an official from Islandia.
One of our elected truste's Bill Biondi is a Mastic Beach Fire Commissioner. Since I believe it is unlawfull to hold two elected positions at the same time is he going to resign as fire commissioner?
cant wait

Huntington, NY

#2 Nov 23, 2010
Beach Man wrote:
The people have spoken!
At least the ones who came out to vote. If someone has a vote count please post it.
And congratulations to the Vision team on there sweep.
Here is a good question. Not even mine. Given to me by an official from Islandia.
One of our elected truste's Bill Biondi is a Mastic Beach Fire Commissioner. Since I believe it is unlawfull to hold two elected positions at the same time is he going to resign as fire commissioner?
good question! Ask Dan Pannaco about that one!

As I have said before, let the corruption begin!!!!
Big Pauly

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Nov 24, 2010
Double da Jobs,will double da salary and double the pension,and when its over somebody lights a match

“Vote YES for the Village!!”

Since: Apr 10

Mastic Beach

#4 Nov 24, 2010
Fire commissioners do not get paid!!!! As far as holding two positions, it is not like he is doing it in secret, so i think if it were illegal something might of been said to him about that before the swearing in ceremony!!! But hey if i were you i would call and find out!!!
Big Pauly wrote:
Double da Jobs,will double da salary and double the pension,and when its over somebody lights a match http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WchpzmtYIHgXX

Ramsey, NJ

#5 Nov 24, 2010
Like I said wrote. Asked by Islandia official. Funny thing is Islandia had a code emforcement officer who doubles as an Islandia village trustee. Talk about a conflict of interest. He votes on the budget for his own salery. I would guess Bill will continue to do both positions as long as he can. Why do the right thing. He is a politician after all. Salery has nothing to do with what I am pointing out.
Sointense

Stratford, CT

#6 Nov 25, 2010
The trustee position is not a paid position and no retirement so I'm pretty sure there's no conflict. I'm surprised your Islandia official didn't know this, or he did and you were punched to be made to look like a fool.
Mastic Beach Man

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Nov 25, 2010
The trustee position is only unpaid until they vote themselves a salary. It is a conflict of interest to be in a position that can benefit a different elected office you hold or in relation to your business ownership. For example, Gary Stiritz should recuse himself from any waterfront issues, as that will have a direct effect on his business. Remember, it's not only about being honest and not corrupt or misusing if the position, it is also the appearance of the same issue..

Westwood, NJ

#8 Nov 25, 2010
Sointense wrote:
The trustee position is not a paid position and no retirement so I'm pretty sure there's no conflict. I'm surprised your Islandia official didn't know this, or he did and you were punched to be made to look like a fool.
I notice you couldnt help yourself by adding the last comment. If you read the question it has nothing to do with money. It is two positions voted on by the people of Mastic Beach. Conflict has nothing to do with salery. Conflict is when he votes on something that has to do with the MBFD when he is a Commissioner there. If anything I would think he would recuse himself from those votes. I googled the question and hard time finding an answer. If you werent sure why answer? FOOL.
MBDoGood

South Salem, NY

#9 Nov 25, 2010
Dear Beach Man;

Any person can hold 2 offices. One is a local government which has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DISTRICT OF MASTIC BEACH FIRE DEPARTMENT (Which is state run and mandated). Trustees will be only voting on items dealing directly with Mastic Beach. The MBFD only is required to conform to the standards the state implements each year for the fire departments across the state.

I think the other people who responded to your post tried to explain this but if you need further clarification please call the state of new york fire district administration and they can explain to you in very simple, short, words so you can understand it.
Congrads

Chicago, IL

#10 Nov 25, 2010
Congrads to all int he mastic community::::

Drug Clinic int he High School.

Congradulations.

Yorktown Heights, NY

#11 Nov 26, 2010
MBDoGood wrote:
Dear Beach Man;
Any person can hold 2 offices. One is a local government which has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DISTRICT OF MASTIC BEACH FIRE DEPARTMENT (Which is state run and mandated). Trustees will be only voting on items dealing directly with Mastic Beach. The MBFD only is required to conform to the standards the state implements each year for the fire departments across the state.
I think the other people who responded to your post tried to explain this but if you need further clarification please call the state of new york fire district administration and they can explain to you in very simple, short, words so you can understand it.
Another comedian. Thanks for the reply.
Votedno

Malverne, NY

#12 Jun 17, 2011
The Vision Team was located on first line of the voting machine, left to right. The opposition was placed in every area of the voting machine. If they had scattered the Vision Team like they did to the oppostion, the voted officials of The Inc. Village of Mastic Beach would have some of the opposition on the board. Most of the people would not have known who was on the Vision Team or the opposition.
On the other hand it does seem to be running as a Village should.
Any problems I had have been handled well. Good luck and maybe the Village flag will have something to do with William Floyd and the estate!
Oh NO

Stratford, CT

#13 Jun 17, 2011
Votedno wrote:
The Vision Team was located on first line of the voting machine, left to right. The opposition was placed in every area of the voting machine. If they had scattered the Vision Team like they did to the oppostion, the voted officials of The Inc. Village of Mastic Beach would have some of the opposition on the board. Most of the people would not have known who was on the Vision Team or the opposition.
On the other hand it does seem to be running as a Village should.
Any problems I had have been handled well. Good luck and maybe the Village flag will have something to do with William Floyd and the estate!
The voting line was decided by the board of elections. Since the vision team ran as a platform, they were all put on one line. The others, whom I would not call the opposition ran independently. I am sure name recognition came into play as well.
corruption at best

Huntington, NY

#14 Jun 17, 2011
Oh NO wrote:
<quoted text>The voting line was decided by the board of elections. Since the vision team ran as a platform, they were all put on one line. The others, whom I would not call the opposition ran independently. I am sure name recognition came into play as well.
And that person on the board of elections who decided HOW the layout was to be placed NOW has a job with the village. Coincidence? I think NOT!
Resident

Yaphank, NY

#15 Jun 17, 2011
corruption at best wrote:
<quoted text>And that person on the board of elections who decided HOW the layout was to be placed NOW has a job with the village. Coincidence? I think NOT!
And who is the person?
Evan Politico

Old Bridge, NJ

#16 Jun 18, 2011
Yo I is da young republican just likes whacky Pataki Yo!
Not Really

Stratford, CT

#17 Jun 18, 2011
corruption at best wrote:
<quoted text>And that person on the board of elections who decided HOW the layout was to be placed NOW has a job with the village. Coincidence? I think NOT!
You love to malign this person, but she was not the person who posted the candidates as a slate. Why don't you go to the BOE and ask. Besides, the village vote is over. If you want to run this year, get started.
get a clue already

Huntington, NY

#18 Jun 19, 2011
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
And who is the person?
This is one of the problems, you idiots that want the village don't even know who is working FOR the village! The ones that didn't want it know more about the village than you dip wads ever will!!!Get a f-ing clue!!!!
Heres a hint. She WORKS for the board of elections. She now WORKS for the village on the Zoning comity. She has always lied about NOT wanting a position with the village and she is the whole reason why Johns neck was included in the village. She will also run for mayor at the next election. Figured it out yet moron?
get a clue already

Huntington, NY

#19 Jun 19, 2011
Not Really wrote:
<quoted text>You love to malign this person, but she was not the person who posted the candidates as a slate. Why don't you go to the BOE and ask. Besides, the village vote is over. If you want to run this year, get started.
Why would I want to run? When our taxes go up I will be working on getting the village dissolved. And before you start in with how clueless you are, it's not that difficult to get a village dissolved anymore.
Resident

Selden, NY

#20 Jun 19, 2011
get a clue already wrote:
<quoted text>This is one of the problems, you idiots that want the village don't even know who is working FOR the village! The ones that didn't want it know more about the village than you dip wads ever will!!!Get a f-ing clue!!!!
Heres a hint. She WORKS for the board of elections. She now WORKS for the village on the Zoning comity. She has always lied about NOT wanting a position with the village and she is the whole reason why Johns neck was included in the village. She will also run for mayor at the next election. Figured it out yet moron?
So you are talking about Betty. Well just to let you know she turned down the zoning job. Who'se the moron now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mastic Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anderson is a Real Johnson 1 hr The Grammar Police 23
Does Trustee Anderson Have an illegal Apartment ? 5 hr Anonymous 11
News Mastic Beach Village employee claims in police ... 6 hr Really Brady 35
Where is fat frankies new truck 8 hr Really Brady 2
dion hampton is a hack 16 hr hodoo 32
where did you go wendy Sun villager 7
Indemnification Apr 21 Really Brady 84
More from around the web

Mastic Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE