Posted in the Mastic Beach Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Location: Inc. Village of MB”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#1 May 2, 2010
Do you have a problem home on your block? List it here and the problem you have with it.

I'll start off:
Honest Frank is my neighbor
nice

Trenton, NJ

#2 May 2, 2010
It is time wrote:
Do you have a problem home on your block? List it here and the problem you have with it.
I'll start off:
Are you kidding? How will this help MB? You are asking for people to start trashing their neighbors on a public forum. You are disgusting!
People are asking for questions to the cost and function of a village, and instead of having any answers, you ask for people to post names and address of homes and family that you want thrown out of MB! If this is the main objective to the MBVEC, you can have them!! No matter what is said about the village, I will NEVER vote yes now! Is this your way of creating a "list" of the "undesirables" that you want thrown out! Truly, truly disgusting!! And don't for one second give me that crap about "if we post them, maybe we can shame them into cleaning up their yards". This is a modern day witch hunt at best. I thought it would of started after a village was formed, but I guess you are starting it now.

Since: Apr 09

Bronx, NY

#3 May 2, 2010
It is time wrote:
I'll start off:
What an "A" hole
yeah right

Trenton, NJ

#4 Aug 26, 2010
hey beach man, still voting yes? this is the kind of village that we can all expect. We asked for a budget, we get: you must be a slumlord. We want a plan, we get this knob wanting people to trash their neighbors on an open form. If you give these people control of a new layer of government, they won't stop with the slumlord fines, they will go after anyone to make a buck! The village will cost SO MUCH to operate, that at least half the people here will be taxed out in the next 5 years.
Badtothebone

Miller Place, NY

#5 Aug 26, 2010
Yeah I have one, 152 Wavecrest Drive. I drive by and the place looks like a shithole with crap spread all over. Typical white trash with a lot of cars.

Clean up your shithole, you are the people who give Mastic Beach a bad name!!
VOTE YES

Tenafly, NJ

#6 Aug 26, 2010
nice wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding? How will this help MB? You are asking for people to start trashing their neighbors on a public forum. You are disgusting!
People are asking for questions to the cost and function of a village, and instead of having any answers, you ask for people to post names and address of homes and family that you want thrown out of MB! If this is the main objective to the MBVEC, you can have them!! No matter what is said about the village, I will NEVER vote yes now! Is this your way of creating a "list" of the "undesirables" that you want thrown out! Truly, truly disgusting!! And don't for one second give me that crap about "if we post them, maybe we can shame them into cleaning up their yards". This is a modern day witch hunt at best. I thought it would of started after a village was formed, but I guess you are starting it now.
Oh give it a break. You know that person was kidding around after Honest Frank got up and made a spectacle of himself when he started singing "here I come to save the day!!!" You people need to lighten up.
Vote Yes

Bronx, NY

#7 Aug 26, 2010
These problem houses will be dealt with.
This is not the time or the place to deal with this issue considering the village has not been approved yet.
Vote Yes
Brady

AOL

#8 Aug 26, 2010
Badtothebone wrote:
Yeah I have one, 152 Wavecrest Drive. I drive by and the place looks like a shithole with crap spread all over. Typical white trash with a lot of cars.
Clean up your shithole, you are the people who give Mastic Beach a bad name!!
Takes one to know one ,chewonthebone
Speaking of promises

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#9 Aug 26, 2010
It is time wrote:
I'll start off:
What a great idea! Maybe this is something we can all agree on. The Cyber Village of Mastic Beach!! Let's run with it!!

(Just kidding, no disrespect to either side intended)
ONLY THE TRUTH

Huntington Station, NY

#10 Aug 26, 2010
nice wrote:
<quoted text>
Again do not blame this on mbvec.Unless it comes out of MBVEC.Just because someone posts a opinon or suggestion.I think people should stop answering your posts.
ONLY THE TRUTH

Huntington Station, NY

#11 Aug 26, 2010
yeah right wrote:
hey beach man, still voting yes? this is the kind of village that we can all expect. We asked for a budget, we get: you must be a slumlord. We want a plan, we get this knob wanting people to trash their neighbors on an open form. If you give these people control of a new layer of government, they won't stop with the slumlord fines, they will go after anyone to make a buck! The village will cost SO MUCH to operate, that at least half the people here will be taxed out in the next 5 years.
Again these people, who are you refering to.Beach Man, kudos to you.He stands alone.Go Mastic Beach.

“What Happened to Democracy?”

Since: May 08

Bronx

#12 Aug 26, 2010
VOTE YES wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh give it a break. You know that person was kidding around after Honest Frank got up and made a spectacle of himself when he started singing "here I come to save the day!!!" You people need to lighten up.
I know the guys a mental case, but at 50 years old, to stand up in a public forum and make a complete fool of himself is very very sad.

And I guarantee that "The Singing Lady", God rest her soul, was much more entertaining than that lunatic.

Keep us posted when he finally gets tossed - I want to be there and wish him whatever!
We need a Village

Bridgeport, CT

#13 Aug 27, 2010
Speaking of promises wrote:
<quoted text>
What a great idea! Maybe this is something we can all agree on. The Cyber Village of Mastic Beach!! Let's run with it!!
(Just kidding, no disrespect to either side intended)
When a resident has a problem with a neighbor, and he wants to make a complaint currently he has to call the town and give his name, address and phone number....Why is this?

I think it would be smart for the village to have a web page where people could send code violators addresses and maybe even a picture to the village for them to check out. The poster who used the diabolical sounding "cyber village" reference is trying to scare people. Get up to date.. today, we all send emails and text messages, because they are efficient and instantaneous. The mayor could dispatch a code person via a text message, and catch the violator in the act.

Villages have a better quality of life and higher property values because people follow the rules.
Vote Yes

Bronx, NY

#14 Aug 27, 2010
We need a Village wrote:
<quoted text>When a resident has a problem with a neighbor, and he wants to make a complaint currently he has to call the town and give his name, address and phone number....Why is this?
I think it would be smart for the village to have a web page where people could send code violators addresses and maybe even a picture to the village for them to check out. The poster who used the diabolical sounding "cyber village" reference is trying to scare people. Get up to date.. today, we all send emails and text messages, because they are efficient and instantaneous. The mayor could dispatch a code person via a text message, and catch the violator in the act.
Villages have a better quality of life and higher property values because people follow the rules.
Code enforcement for the village will not be used to harass residents, or bat them over the head.
One of the Mayors gave this information regarding code enforcement, and I will try to repeat it.
The code enforcement team will live in Mastic Beach. They will ride around and do their rental inspections, and get very familiar with the area. They will know the area just like you folks know your respective blocks and which are the problem houses.
This will not be a difficult process for code enforcement to see violations because they will be riding around the areas in which they live.
It will take a little time, but absentee landlords will be held accountable and forced to maintain their properties.
With a little luck maybe a few of them will decide to sell.
We need to send a message out there that Mastic Beach will no longer have a welcome mat out for slumlords who neglect their properties and degrade our quality of life.
Vote Yes
Brady

AOL

#15 Aug 27, 2010
Vote Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Code enforcement for the village will not be used to harass residents, or bat them over the head.
One of the Mayors gave this information regarding code enforcement, and I will try to repeat it.
The code enforcement team will live in Mastic Beach. They will ride around and do their rental inspections, and get very familiar with the area. They will know the area just like you folks know your respective blocks and which are the problem houses.
This will not be a difficult process for code enforcement to see violations because they will be riding around the areas in which they live.
It will take a little time, but absentee landlords will be held accountable and forced to maintain their properties.
With a little luck maybe a few of them will decide to sell.
We need to send a message out there that Mastic Beach will no longer have a welcome mat out for slumlords who neglect their properties and degrade our quality of life.
Vote Yes
That is great paying the code guy $100 bucks a day for mileage to say hello to his friends and go after those that had no village signs, at least we will know where they live so we can turn thier neighbors in so it dont look funny not ticketing thier friends. Also I say give them what they want and the POA will get more votes and they should run thier people for trustees and free mayor then put in thier family and friends and see how the VP go along with that program.Were they so stupid not to think this would happen ?
Vote Yes

Bronx, NY

#16 Aug 27, 2010
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>That is great paying the code guy $100 bucks a day for mileage to say hello to his friends and go after those that had no village signs, at least we will know where they live so we can turn thier neighbors in so it dont look funny not ticketing thier friends. Also I say give them what they want and the POA will get more votes and they should run thier people for trustees and free mayor then put in thier family and friends and see how the VP go along with that program.Were they so stupid not to think this would happen ?
People will be voting on the taxes staying the same while gaining a village to fight for homeowners interests in Mastic Beach.
Quality of life will improve under a village because our mayor and trustees will live here with us. They will know the problems we are facing everyday.
Run whoever you want for mayor and trustees. If they support my issues, I will vote for them.
Stick to the facts, your desperation is showing.
Three days and we vote!
VOTE YES!
annonomous

#17 Aug 27, 2010
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>That is great paying the code guy $100 bucks a day for mileage to say hello to his friends and go after those that had no village signs, at least we will know where they live so we can turn thier neighbors in so it dont look funny not ticketing thier friends. Also I say give them what they want and the POA will get more votes and they should run thier people for trustees and free mayor then put in thier family and friends and see how the VP go along with that program.Were they so stupid not to think this would happen ?
Sounds like ANOTHER scare tactic to me!! Who the heck is going to pay someone $100 a day for MILEAGE in a 5 sq mile village? If they are to collect reimbursement for mileage they can't get more then $0.50 a mile (as set forth by the IRS), so a hundred bucks is far from what would be entitled to! If they live here they don't have to cruise the neighborhood to find the violations, they will see them going to Handy Pantry! If they live here they know how to get from here to there effectively!

Can I have some of that funny smoke you have. Because your world is truly fairly tale land with spins that BENIFIT YOU!

Oh and by the way it is THEIR not THIER!!
Speaking of promises

#18 Aug 27, 2010
We need a Village wrote:
<quoted text>When a resident has a problem with a neighbor, and he wants to make a complaint currently he has to call the town and give his name, address and phone number....Why is this?
It was meant as a light hearted joke, I meant no disrespect as I had stated (I have adopted the practice of putting disclaimers into my posts), I was not trying to scare anyone. I was the one who introduced the term "cyber village". This forum has become so volatile I was hoping a few people on both sides would chuckle. It seems most of us, warranted or not with myself included, have becomed consumed with suspicion and negativity. I think the internet is a fantastic resource and can and should be used by the community and AS a community. Readily available access to information and resources can no doubt, under any government, be a useful, effective tool. I am "up to date", I built a website for my home based business which has been more than beneficial. I am not a professional web designer, in fact, I'm barely computer literate but I am learning.

Whether we become a village or not I think it would be a great idea if volunteers build and maintain a website that residents can log onto to ask for advice and/or help with things they feel are problems in their neighborhoods. It may just be a starting point for residents to come together to help themselves. Proposed budget of such a project? Besides time which can be on a volunteer basis, One time start up cost =$38.99, Monthly fee to have the site =$13.99.....count me in!

“What Happened to Democracy?”

Since: May 08

Bronx

#19 Aug 27, 2010
annonomous wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like ANOTHER scare tactic to me!! Who the heck is going to pay someone $100 a day for MILEAGE in a 5 sq mile village? If they are to collect reimbursement for mileage they can't get more then $0.50 a mile (as set forth by the IRS), so a hundred bucks is far from what would be entitled to! If they live here they don't have to cruise the neighborhood to find the violations, they will see them going to Handy Pantry! If they live here they know how to get from here to there effectively!
Can I have some of that funny smoke you have. Because your world is truly fairly tale land with spins that BENIFIT YOU!
Oh and by the way it is THEIR not THIER!!
Brady thinks a code enforcement officer will drive 100 miles per day, if we are to go by the IRS $0.50 per mile calculator. And Brady thinks no one would question this also.

Brady needs to invest his/her penny stocks for an English course.
Speaking of promises

#20 Aug 27, 2010
PS - Volunteers can "work" from their home computer. Up to 200 seperate email accounts can be created and an almost endless amount of pages can be built to manage the inquery flow. Complaints can be filed confidentially....count me in!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mastic Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Massena man displays asbestos gripe (Apr '08) Feb 15 Tuna Salad 186
News 3rd suspect in murder of 2 men found dismembered (Aug '08) Feb 11 Tortuga 185
Mastic Beach Village Exploratory Committee Poster Feb 10 PaulYo 4
Apt for rent Feb 6 Loser 5
Poll Should "Honest Frank" Be Committed ? (Jun '10) Jan 31 Evan Politico 571
house lift Jan '18 Diangelo 59 1
horse boarding (Jan '13) Jan '18 Dantheman 78

Mastic Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mastic Beach Mortgages