Two dead in Mastic Beach murder-suicide

Two dead in Mastic Beach murder-suicide

There are 152 comments on the Newsday story from May 29, 2007, titled Two dead in Mastic Beach murder-suicide. In it, Newsday reports that:

Suffolk County Police Homicide detectives are investigating a murder-suicide that took place early Tuesday morning in Mastic Beach at 1:25 a.m. Shortly after 1 a.m., Michael Gilbert, 42, of 39 Mayfield Drive, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Observer

North Brunswick, NJ

#1 May 29, 2007
What a terrible tragedy. Often people have troubles in marriage. It's unfortunate they couldn't talk it out and find a better solution. This is why I don't feel there is any justification in keeping guns in one's home. My prayers are with their families.
Long Island Drivers Suck

United States

#2 May 29, 2007
Ah, yes. Long Islamd. Paradise. Not. At least he didn't harm the kid.
Displaced Long Islander

United States

#4 May 29, 2007
It's always the husband killing the wife and leaving the kids orphaned. What spineless cowardly jellyfish. How wonderful it would be if the guys would just put the muzzle in their own pie-hole first and pull the trigger.
mac

Garden City, NY

#5 May 29, 2007
Long Island Drivers Suck wrote:
Ah, yes. Long Islamd. Paradise. Not. At least he didn't harm the kid.
Another ignorant person. Like this never happened where you live? Wow, now THAT must be PARADISE!
ass backward

Bridgewater, NJ

#7 May 29, 2007
he should of taken his own life before he took his wifes
Blunt

Westtown, NY

#9 May 29, 2007
How sad!! This poor baby is so young and to lose both parents the way he did. Its a real shame the father couldnt be man enough to address his issues and get the help that he needed. My thoughts are with this family. How sad.
YSD

Centerport, NY

#11 May 29, 2007
SO SO SO SAD!!!! Aparrently, the wife & mother probably had an order of protection against her husband but then again maybe she didn't & maybe the man had heavy mental problems lurking w/in himself & refused treatment!!
James Tylee

New York, NY

#12 May 29, 2007
Answers this question.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/mastic-beach-...

They have been fighting... the husband threw all of her clothing in my garbage cans!
lisa

Englishtown, NJ

#13 May 29, 2007
How horrible. All I have to say is thank god the son was not harmed physically.
helen

San Jose, CA

#14 May 29, 2007
probably had financial troubles. terrible tradegy.

Since: May 07

Brooklyn, NY

#15 May 29, 2007
It's a shame some people think that a break up is so hurtful that they can't move on, they were obviously uncompatiable and should of moved on, there is always another bus coming down the line. I feel so bad for that child who will have to live with this the rest of his life, and will probally put the blame on himself.
ryan

Perth Amboy, NJ

#16 May 29, 2007
helen wrote:
probably had financial troubles. terrible tradegy.
what are youa swami?

can you tell me what tuesdays lottery numbers will be?
Billy Club

Waynesboro, VA

#17 May 29, 2007
Displaced Long Islander wrote:
It's always the husband killing the wife and leaving the kids orphaned. What spineless cowardly jellyfish. How wonderful it would be if the guys would just put the muzzle in their own pie-hole first and pull the trigger.
I'll second that. Stupid fools, it's usually if I can't have her, no one will. Geez, what a lilly livered coward.
Dirty Sanchez

Jamaica, NY

#19 May 29, 2007
Maybe she put a ding in his El Camino.
bill

Bridgeport, CT

#20 May 29, 2007
please pray for the family everyone
Long Islander

Cedar Knolls, NJ

#22 May 29, 2007
Billy Club wrote:
<quoted text> I'll second that. Stupid fools, it's usually if I can't have her, no one will. Geez, what a lilly livered coward.
phil hartman anyone?
ricky

United States

#23 May 29, 2007
Pray?? What, to wake up God so this poor kid doesn't have major problems when he realizes he was born to nit-wit parents - yes, both parents. Where the hell was God before.
bill wrote:
please pray for the family everyone
tas

Boca Raton, FL

#24 May 29, 2007
...although it has been said how some people shouldn't reproduce...so should be said for those who comment. dido...lets pray for the family if not for ourselves
Bobbie Ann

Englewood, CO

#25 May 29, 2007
What a tragedy. Unfortunately, this can happen anywhere, not just on Long Island. The family suffers and the poor child suffers the most. It's such a shame. Yes, of course praying for the family is necessary (will do) but is it a good idea to have a gun so handy? Was it registered? Did the couple try counseling prior to this?
Timmy

Jersey City, NJ

#26 May 29, 2007
Mastic huh....this guy probably lost it. He can't take the gas prices anymore b/c to get places, he has to drive his house.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mastic Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cam slave wanted (Apr '14) Wed Franksanidiot and... 36
horse boarding (Jan '13) Dec 12 Jake off 72
News Moriches Man Charged With Home Improvement Scam (Feb '11) Dec 6 madoff sindrome 18
Net Neutrality Nov 28 three blocks 1
Review: Island Veterinary Hospital - Shona Balb... (Jun '09) Nov 26 MicheleM 19
News Animal Hoarder Busted on Long Island (Apr '13) Nov 24 Lynda 25
News Southampton Town Police reports (Feb '09) Nov 24 SH Brokerage 4

Mastic Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mastic Beach Mortgages