Gary Stiriz Should Resign

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#725 Dec 14, 2012
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, more new people, like "new name here" , who coincidently posts right before or after you. Run for office if you want to make a difference. But, I think you said you would not work for free....hmmmm!
Funny only you post after and never answers a question or rebuts just dribble tell the people about the T.A.N and educate all of us ,thats what we need from u as now u offer nothing
fed up

West Babylon, NY

#726 Dec 14, 2012
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>actually there was a bond floated to start the village
It was a low interest note not a bond,and at the last meeting that Paul was mayor they went over everything and we had no tax increases and the surplus that you are talking about.
That's were Gary and the Department of Public Works got the money to spend on equipment.
that is politics

Coram, NY

#727 Dec 14, 2012
There was never a surplus but more lies as there was a $186,991.00 which includes a $4991 int TAN loan that was due on 2/7/2012 which was never discussed in public at the meetings.My question is -Was it paid or added into a new loan?We cannot depend on our present board for an honest answer.
Brady

Stamford, CT

#728 Dec 14, 2012
Bently Benard Baxter wrote:
<quoted text>Funny only you post after and never answers a question or rebuts just dribble tell the people about the T.A.N and educate all of us ,thats what we need from u as now u offer nothing
I don't start these threads. Tax anticipation notes, of which I understand their necessity, are used to fund operations with the taxes expected to be collected during the fiscal year. You are beating a dead horse, every municipality uses this financial vehicle. And if there is an anticipation note, it is because your favorite trustee refuses to pay her taxes.
that is politics

Coram, NY

#729 Dec 14, 2012
The problem Brady is not the TAN loan.The problem is we were not told about the loan but lied about a surplus.This is the same as you asking a bank for a loan that you have $25,000 in the bank as your assets but your charge card credit cards balance is $100,000.You apparantly have no assets by any financial formula you use.The word is you are in the arrears for $75,000.In other words it means we were lied to.These elected officials are past the point of a boy who cried wolf.It is also past the term pathetic.The other pathetic sad part is we are the ones funding it.This is nothing against you Brady.You just need to open your eyes to the reality of what is going on.
freedom

West Babylon, NY

#730 Dec 14, 2012
To a new beginning,The TOB stopped doing plowing and road work for all villages. And some people should get fired in the village hall. But the rest sounds good.
Good luck.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#731 Dec 14, 2012
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>I don't start these threads. Tax anticipation notes, of which I understand their necessity, are used to fund operations with the taxes expected to be collected during the fiscal year. You are beating a dead horse, every municipality uses this financial vehicle. And if there is an anticipation note, it is because your favorite trustee refuses to pay her taxes.
No it is a pay u tuesday note but the fact that the fiscal situration is in the tank and the revenue needed to service is not there your out of gas. Little news flash were not Hampton Dunes! And your lame excuse is that others use it that is the thinking that tanked this village . You know it is not a avenue on a startup get real. Even you dont believe your own response but threw it out there anyhow- How long did u need to google it?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#732 Dec 14, 2012
And where is that grant writer I am being told about . The line items are easy to see but the underlying disburements are without clarifacation from trustees. For the general public the smoke and mirrors are force fed this crap some know better except we dont ride in fire trucks and fix row boats so this is getting easy to peel this onion back and boy dont it smell
OMG help

West Babylon, NY

#733 Dec 14, 2012
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>I don't start these threads. Tax anticipation notes, of which I understand their necessity, are used to fund operations with the taxes expected to be collected during the fiscal year. You are beating a dead horse, every municipality uses this financial vehicle. And if there is an anticipation note, it is because your favorite trustee refuses to pay her taxes.
Have Jen or Jill update the website

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#734 Dec 14, 2012
OMG help wrote:
<quoted text>Have Jen or Jill update the website
Thats not going to fix it ,the less the people know the less questions like the T.A.N
Brady

Stamford, CT

#735 Dec 15, 2012
Bently Benard Baxter wrote:
<quoted text>Thats not going to fix it ,the less the people know the less questions like the T.A.N
I love how all of you assume I am someone who has any authority. I am a staunch VMB supporter. I do not know whether there is a T.A.N or not. The village has a CPA (Treasurer) who prepares the budget and monitors the revenue and expenses. Are you now questioning whether accounting principles are being followed?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#736 Dec 15, 2012
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>I love how all of you assume I am someone who has any authority. I am a staunch VMB supporter. I do not know whether there is a T.A.N or not. The village has a CPA (Treasurer) who prepares the budget and monitors the revenue and expenses. Are you now questioning whether accounting principles are being followed?
You are the reason why as those that blindly accept the BS and see that the village is mis managed yet you look away as if these things are not there . What was the platform and what has been accomplished so far . The HFH bad idea I posted the resons , the t.a.n. which was a simple line item which was not brought up as it is a negitive and shows the village is spending more than it should ,yet because it was done somewhere else it is OK that the mindset as when loans were given out its ok because everyone is refinancing now look at how that worked out. the road in which the bid contracts were not present leaving exposure that now will cost the village and that goes to village misconduct ,ethics and fiduciary violations but your still hanging in. I can fill up ten more pages but you will still will drink that Koolaid and say all is good - Let someone from the village besides you come on and debate this would love the village attorney to join in so you can witness this guy getting taken to school
Brady

Stamford, CT

#737 Dec 15, 2012
Bently Benard Baxter wrote:
<quoted text>You are the reason why as those that blindly accept the BS and see that the village is mis managed yet you look away as if these things are not there . What was the platform and what has been accomplished so far . The HFH bad idea I posted the resons , the t.a.n. which was a simple line item which was not brought up as it is a negitive and shows the village is spending more than it should ,yet because it was done somewhere else it is OK that the mindset as when loans were given out its ok because everyone is refinancing now look at how that worked out. the road in which the bid contracts were not present leaving exposure that now will cost the village and that goes to village misconduct ,ethics and fiduciary violations but your still hanging in. I can fill up ten more pages but you will still will drink that Koolaid and say all is good - Let someone from the village besides you come on and debate this would love the village attorney to join in so you can witness this guy getting taken to school
You could fill up a cesspool with B.S. And I am sure those are your initials.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#738 Dec 15, 2012
With a post like that it confirms the fact that you have nothing to offer and when you cant post something that shows I am wrong that is what u spit out. Shame that you cant even defend your friends or family down there and suprised that you have not been instructed by them to remove yourself from topix because your post are allowing those that know better to get out this information. Keep up the good work it is much needed to expose those that lied and now using the village as a atm
Brady

Stamford, CT

#739 Dec 15, 2012
Bently Benard Baxter wrote:
With a post like that it confirms the fact that you have nothing to offer and when you cant post something that shows I am wrong that is what u spit out. Shame that you cant even defend your friends or family down there and suprised that you have not been instructed by them to remove yourself from topix because your post are allowing those that know better to get out this information. Keep up the good work it is much needed to expose those that lied and now using the village as a atm
I can disagree with you two ways. I am just reacting to being called lame, an a kook-aid drinker. I am of the opinion the village is doing a great job.
concerned citizen

White Plains, NY

#740 Dec 15, 2012
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>I can disagree with you two ways. I am just reacting to being called lame, an a kook-aid drinker. I am of the opinion the village is doing a great job.
do you like cherry or grape? koolaid...that is.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#741 Dec 15, 2012
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>do you like cherry or grape? koolaid...that is.
For some reason kook aid works also - defend them with something more that good job. List the top 5 major achiements made past 2 years. How has your daily life been enriched by the village and describe how support services are doing a better job than TOB. Try a real answer this time but with you cant expect much
Brady

Stamford, CT

#742 Dec 15, 2012
Bently Benard Baxter wrote:
<quoted text>
For some reason kook aid works also - defend them with something more that good job. List the top 5 major achiements made past 2 years. How has your daily life been enriched by the village and describe how support services are doing a better job than TOB. Try a real answer this time but with you cant expect much
You are really full of yourself. I like the fact that if a resident calls in a code violation, someone responds. I like the fact that my garbage fees went down. I like that the village has secured over 700 new rental permits from landlords who failed to apply when TOB was in charge. I like that my village taxes have not been increased, I like not having my neighbor keeping his two unregistered vehicles on his lawn. And, finally, I like the fact that we are a village, and you do't like it!

Since: Mar 12

Mastic Beach

#743 Dec 15, 2012
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>You are really full of yourself. I like the fact that if a resident calls in a code violation, someone responds. I like the fact that my garbage fees went down. I like that the village has secured over 700 new rental permits from landlords who failed to apply when TOB was in charge. I like that my village taxes have not been increased, I like not having my neighbor keeping his two unregistered vehicles on his lawn. And, finally, I like the fact that we are a village, and you do't like it!
I like the fact that laws/codes are made w/o my input & behind closed doors. I like the fact that those w a favorable connection to the Village get special treatment. I like the fact that the village sucked big time w Sandy clean - up/relief efforts. I like the fact that they tried to take credit for things done by selfless volunteers to make themselves look better. I like the fact that Gary tried to develop our beautiful, protected waterfront into commercial/tourist real estate to line his own pockets. I like the fact that a few select people are making a great deal of money off the village......oh no, wait a minute.....I DON'T LIKE ANY OF THIS SH*T!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#744 Dec 15, 2012
MB Lifer - Anti_Village wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the fact that laws/codes are made w/o my input & behind closed doors. I like the fact that those w a favorable connection to the Village get special treatment. I like the fact that the village sucked big time w Sandy clean - up/relief efforts. I like the fact that they tried to take credit for things done by selfless volunteers to make themselves look better. I like the fact that Gary tried to develop our beautiful, protected waterfront into commercial/tourist real estate to line his own pockets. I like the fact that a few select people are making a great deal of money off the village......oh no, wait a minute.....I DON'T LIKE ANY OF THIS SH*T!
Amen to that my friend also to add a local resident that btw husband is a fireman with the mayor was the code enforcemnt and did a great job for tob if u made the call. The T,A,N will raise the taxes and the paying for the road mistake and lawsuits which this back door dealing telling public no increase is a out right lie again now its in the light and wondering how they will spin that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mastic Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lots of people want the village more then anti ... 2 hr Really Brady 31
mastic village being dissolved Tue 11951 Rat Dog 232
Use of collection agency Sep 21 Alan 121
Lots of pro village signs out there Sep 6 11951Ratdog 50
Mastic Beach Child Predator Aug 31 11951Ratdog 7
News Public employees union and Mastic Beach spar ov... Aug 29 Bla bla bla 39
disgusting trash (Jun '12) Aug '16 Revenge 17

Mastic Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mastic Beach Mortgages