|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

election wrote:
If he tries to even think of cancelling the election he will really find out how many people want him out.The village hall will look like rockerfeller center on that day.The legislature will have to get involved along with the town of Brookhaven to ease the upset people that will come forth.It will make all the rest of the board history when the election comes up for them.It will be a domino effect.The officials who want to stay will be met with there failure in the long run.
Thats funny. 75 percent of the people of this town still dont care if we are a village or not. How many voted in the election? People dont care.
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

What the poster is concerned with is an item in the village law known as "Permissive Referendum". This allows the village board to vote to change certain things, one of which is the term of office for an elected trustee or the mayor.

I remember Alan asking about this a long time ago at a meeting when we still had Prokop.

PS. I read Article 9 of the village law, you should too!
new name here

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

MB Lifer - Anti_Village wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether or not that's his plan, let him try it. It won't be tolerated. There's a lot more people both inside this community & higher up that are finished putting up w "shady" happenings....
I agree, but the problem is, we have no say in this matter. Remember? We are a village now. 5 people decide how we are governed. Gary needs 2 others to vote yes with him, and it's village law.
Thats all.

Ask him please. See what he says.
And it's not "canceling" the election per say, it's "term extensions". Which is a fancy, legal way of canceling the elections for 2013.
John Doe Dufflebag

Sound Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Vote Gary 2013
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

new name here wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, but the problem is, we have no say in this matter. Remember? We are a village now. 5 people decide how we are governed. Gary needs 2 others to vote yes with him, and it's village law.
Thats all.
Ask him please. See what he says.
And it's not "canceling" the election per say, it's "term extensions". Which is a fancy, legal way of canceling the elections for 2013.
Not so fast...Didn't you read Article 9? How did you miss this:

9-902 Referendum on petition; registration list of electors. 1. An act or resolution of the board of trustees as described in the preceding section shall not take effect until thirty days after its adoption; nor until approved by the affirmative vote of a majority of the qualified electors of such village voting on such proposition for its approval if within thirty days after its adoption there be filed with the village clerk a petition signed and acknowledged by electors of the village in number equal to atleast twenty per centum of such electors in the village, as shown on the register of electors for the previous general village election, protesting against such act or resolution and requesting that it be submitted to the electors of the village for their approval or disapproval.
A new board

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Brady wrote:
What the poster is concerned with is an item in the village law known as "Permissive Referendum". This allows the village board to vote to change certain things, one of which is the term of office for an elected trustee or the mayor.
I remember Alan asking about this a long time ago at a meeting when we still had Prokop.
PS. I read Article 9 of the village law, you should too!
I also remember Alan and Gail saying how corrupt the village was and how corrupt Gary Stiriz was and how they will change things with more open government.
Well Gail got in and Stiriz is still given his family no bid village work. So what has change?
Now I am hearing that Gail is scared to vote against the board because they will snub her like they are doing with Carol and go behind her back like they did with Paul.
We can change this in March by replacing the two bully's.
Proud Villager

Yaphank, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

A new board wrote:
<quoted text>I also remember Alan and Gail saying how corrupt the village was and how corrupt Gary Stiriz was and how they will change things with more open government.
Well Gail got in and Stiriz is still given his family no bid village work. So what has change?
Now I am hearing that Gail is scared to vote against the board because they will snub her like they are doing with Carol and go behind her back like they did with Paul.
We can change this in March by replacing the two bully's.
To be snubbed you must make an appearance,which Carol hsn't done in quit awhile. She has not been to the work sessions, Village Meetings and hs not been seen at Village Hall during storm recovery.Don't say she had storm damage Gary lost almost everyhing, Gail and Bob both had the storm surge go thru their homes and were there tho help other. It has been weeks since she has been seen.
looking forward to March

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Proud Villager wrote:
<quoted text>
To be snubbed you must make an appearance,which Carol hsn't done in quit awhile. She has not been to the work sessions, Village Meetings and hs not been seen at Village Hall during storm recovery.Don't say she had storm damage Gary lost almost everyhing, Gail and Bob both had the storm surge go thru their homes and were there tho help other. It has been weeks since she has been seen.
Carol was down at east Riviera after the storm helping the people that live there who got flooded out. She also went door to door in her neighborhood telling people about the evacuation just before the storm hit.
Gail and Frank were at her kids home in Coram.
John Doe Dufflebag

Sound Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Gary 2013
Proud Villager

Yaphank, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

and gail and frank were back the next day. I haven't heard one person say how helpful Carol was .

She is not a happy camper as people are not falling all over her.

Since: Mar 12

Mastic Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Proud Villager wrote:
and gail and frank were back the next day. I haven't heard one person say how helpful Carol was .

She is not a happy camper as people are not falling all over her.
Oh, the rose colored goggles. Unless you were a personal friend, or a "somebody" to the village....they didn't do shit for you after either storm. Oh, wait a minute...I'm mistaken....they tried to take credit for the Colorado student volunteers here I've Thanksgiving week....by the way, they had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with. I don't even believe they went out to any of the houses these kids worked on to welcome them or thank them for taking time away from their families for compete strangers from 100's of miles away. They arrived Monday & flew home 9 PM Thanksgiving night....PLENTY of time for a warm welcome. By the way, many of then used their own $$$ for the trip..the wonderful village of Mastic Beach, by that I mean it's officials, did not so much as offer them a warm meal.......just sayin....
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oh, the rose colored goggles. Unless you were a personal friend, or a "somebody" to the village....they didn't do shit for you after either storm. Oh, wait a minute...I'm mistaken....they tried to take credit for the Colorado student volunteers here I've Thanksgiving week....by the way, they had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with. I don't even believe they went out to any of the houses these kids worked on to welcome them or thank them for taking time away from their families for compete strangers from 100's of miles away. They arrived Monday & flew home 9 PM Thanksgiving night....PLENTY of time for a warm welcome. By the way, many of then used their own $$$ for the trip..the wonderful village of Mastic Beach, by that I mean it's officials, did not so much as offer them a warm meal.......just sayin....
Are you implying Carol set that up?

Mastic Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Are you implying Carol set that up?
Sorry, I was stating that NOONE from village hall had anything to do w it.
Victor zeleny

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

I know for a fact gary welcomed &thanked them I was there when they offered him help & he sent them to osprey point &said those people would need them more. Pretty unselfish so shut your mouth untill you knowthe facts

Mastic Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Victor zeleny wrote:
I know for a fact gary welcomed &thanked them I was there when they offered him help & he sent them to osprey point &said those people would need them more. Pretty unselfish so shut your mouth untill you knowthe facts
I'm sorry, he didn't "send" them anywhere. They had specific pre - set work orders already filled out even before they arrived here by the organizing coordinator. May have been another group you're fantasizing about. On that note....you should shut your mouth until you know the facts.....
Lamo

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Are you implying Carol set that up?
I don't think she was implying that at all.
I think she was implying that our leaders are worthless. Which they are.
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Lamo wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think she was implying that at all.
I think she was implying that our leaders are worthless. Which they are.
I love your new name. You know what else is lame... Bruce thinking he will get a permit to redo his washed out foundation.
oh victor

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I'm sorry, he didn't "send" them anywhere. They had specific pre - set work orders already filled out even before they arrived here by the organizing coordinator. May have been another group you're fantasizing about. On that note....you should shut your mouth until you know the facts.....
Vector always steps up for Gary to tell you how great that ahole is.
Victor is Gary's pit bull and a Stiriz lover. Victor showed Gary how to save his fog from the storm but forgot about his dog.
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

oh victor wrote:
<quoted text>Vector always steps up for Gary to tell you how great that ahole is.
Victor is Gary's pit bull and a Stiriz lover. Victor showed Gary how to save his fog from the storm but forgot about his dog.
Can you please translate what you wrote?

Mastic Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Can you please translate what you wrote?
Translation =
Victor Zelany is an A$$ kissing lemming....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Mastic Beach Forum right now

Search the Mastic Beach Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 2 hr Sham Hannuty 16,777
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Ha Ha 6,358
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Ha Ha 6,338
Waterfront Planning Survey 3 hr wake up 2
Boycott the Issues with MBV Facebook Page Tue wake up 175
Malaysia Airlines retires MH17 flight number Tue _malon_goblok 3
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 20 Sham Hanutty 436
•••
•••

Mastic Beach News Video

•••
•••

Mastic Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mastic Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE