Mastic Beach Village Being Investiga...
sounds good

White Plains, NY

#184 Jan 2, 2013
dump them wrote:
<quoted text>Keep Mayor Bill and bring in Tom Fox and Maura Spery, these two are the ones that want an open and an accountable village.
This would balance out the board of trustees and that's what we need, not just Gary calling the shots.
I would vote for that ticked, I think the three of them would work out great for the village.
It would brake up the vision"yes"team. Are they all running?
I don't want another PCCA member on the board or someone from the old vision team.
not agreed

Shirley, NY

#185 Jan 3, 2013
I do not agree with that ticket Maura spery.Are you for real? I want an owner occupant with no rental ties. Tom Fox that is also a no.I was at a meeting and head him repute a issue and he did not make sense of his issues.I would of been for Allan but he got dragged in the fog of the present cult staff.So he is out.I may think to be a candidate that will really deliver the rights of the Mastic Beach village back to its residents for whom it was enacted to from the onset.I would also pressure the TOB to take back there highway dept because as you can all remember that Dan Panico was at a few meetings prior to the incorporation and he was aware of the fact that we were only going to do the code enforcement deal and nothing else. He should of informed us residents that the incorporation would have to come with more responsibility than just code.He sold us out.Sorry Dan.I want to see Jane Powers run but as of now I was told a no.If I go at it I will try to get a lot of advice from her for many reasons as she is a bundle of knowledge,will only do things within the state codes not made up ones and her vision is to make Mastic Beach a model for all villages that is to be run for and only for the residents of the village she serves.If she does not make the stand then she would be a great circuit breaker to have.I would best see her as Mayor.
OMG

Shirley, NY

#186 Jan 3, 2013
not agreed wrote:
I do not agree with that ticket Maura spery.Are you for real? I want an owner occupant with no rental ties. Tom Fox that is also a no.I was at a meeting and head him repute a issue and he did not make sense of his issues.I would of been for Allan but he got dragged in the fog of the present cult staff.So he is out.I may think to be a candidate that will really deliver the rights of the Mastic Beach village back to its residents for whom it was enacted to from the onset.I would also pressure the TOB to take back there highway dept because as you can all remember that Dan Panico was at a few meetings prior to the incorporation and he was aware of the fact that we were only going to do the code enforcement deal and nothing else. He should of informed us residents that the incorporation would have to come with more responsibility than just code.He sold us out.Sorry Dan.I want to see Jane Powers run but as of now I was told a no.If I go at it I will try to get a lot of advice from her for many reasons as she is a bundle of knowledge,will only do things within the state codes not made up ones and her vision is to make Mastic Beach a model for all villages that is to be run for and only for the residents of the village she serves.If she does not make the stand then she would be a great circuit breaker to have.I would best see her as Mayor.
Excuse are you serious? You stat Tom Fox didn
t make sense at a meeting. Have you read your post? It makes no sense.
A new board

White Plains, NY

#187 Jan 3, 2013
not agreed wrote:
I too would vote for Jane Powers if she were running,but last I heard she was not.
As for Tom Fox, he knows whats going on and is not for developing the water front, but like Powers wants to clean up Neighborhood Rd and bring in more open stores.
What

East Moriches, NY

#188 Jan 3, 2013
not agreed wrote:
we can't give back highway to the TOB. We can hire them at a rate of time and a half like all villages, but we have to do it ourselves. Didn't you know that before a village was voted in?
Tom Fox

White Plains, NY

#189 Jan 3, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse are you serious? You stat Tom Fox didn
t make sense at a meeting. Have you read your post? It makes no sense.
Tom Fox was the man who spoke up against the four year term at the village meeting. He and others that spoke got the mayor to change his mind and let the people vote on it in March.
Maura Spery wants to leave the waterfront alone, and clean up main street and try to get summer rentals rather them year round welfare ones.
Both of them have the village in mind and not their family's getting jobs.
not a koolaid drinker

White Plains, NY

#190 Jan 3, 2013
Curly Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
One other item of note. The weekly zoning commission hearings have been going on since July with only Sandy as an interruption. The fella that is the head of the VZC has invited all residence to come sit and interact at every village meeting. That's how I found out about it. I have attended every one since early September.
Thanks again for the interaction
you can go to the meetings, but they interfere with my job.
not a koolaid drinker

White Plains, NY

#191 Jan 3, 2013
not agreed wrote:
first of all maura occupies her home on hemlock. secondly, if you don't want anyone who has a rental property, more than half of the current board would have to go. thirdly, the town of brookhaven would have done anything to dump us, because we cost them alot of money and resources. you cannot force them to take back highway. the village is responsible for it. you can, however pay time and materials (which is way more than we were paying as a part of the town).
Interested

Oakville, CT

#192 Jan 3, 2013
dump them wrote:
<quoted text>Keep Mayor Bill and bring in Tom Fox and Maura Spery, these two are the ones that want an open and an accountable village.
This would balance out the board of trustees and that's what we need, not just Gary calling the shots.
Why would we want Biondi back in when he has allowed Gary to get away with as much as he has? I lost all trust in him.
Think first

Stamford, CT

#193 Jan 3, 2013
Tom Fox wrote:
<quoted text>Tom Fox was the man who spoke up against the four year term at the village meeting. He and others that spoke got the mayor to change his mind and let the people vote on it in March.
Maura Spery wants to leave the waterfront alone, and clean up main street and try to get summer rentals rather them year round welfare ones.
I like Tom Fox, he seem to really care about the future of this village, but never kid yourself about Maura Spery...she is a slumlord and lives in a house that has no CO, multiple violations and cares about herself. She has never done a damn thing for Mastic Beach. Her big campaign to clean up the village is so she will finally have something to run on for trustee in March. She is a village hater and will do whatever she can to destroy what so many have worked for.
Hey Tom

Stamford, CT

#194 Jan 3, 2013
Tom Fox wrote:
<quoted text>Tom Fox was the man who spoke up against the four year term at the village meeting. He and others that spoke got the mayor to change his mind and let the people vote on it in March.
I know the person who used the name Tom Fox is not really him. The Tom Fox I know is a resident of a Co-Op in Highlands NJ where he obtained a 100% real estate property exemption due to a military disability. That exemption is only allowed for NJ residents. He can't be the same person who is claiming a star deduction for his MBV house, could he?
VOTE THEM OUT

East Moriches, NY

#195 Jan 3, 2013
Think first wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Tom Fox, he seem to really care about the future of this village, but never kid yourself about Maura Spery...she is a slumlord and lives in a house that has no CO, multiple violations and cares about herself. She has never done a damn thing for Mastic Beach. Her big campaign to clean up the village is so she will finally have something to run on for trustee in March. She is a village hater and will do whatever she can to destroy what so many have worked for.
Bull.
I believe her platform will be to GET A PLAN for the village. Because guess what? WE STILL DONT HAVE ONE!!!! We have Gary REACTING to situations by throwing money at his family members and getting us deeper in debt. We need a REALISTIC 5 year plan with a REAL budget. Two things this current administration never bothered to do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
a new board

White Plains, NY

#196 Jan 3, 2013
Interested wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would we want Biondi back in when he has allowed Gary to get away with as much as he has? I lost all trust in him.
I think Mayor Bill has caught on to Gary and his B/S. Mayor Bill is concerned about the flooding and wash overs on Fire Island and we have not heard anything from Gary.
I think with a new board that the Mayor will be fine.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#197 Jan 3, 2013
I think he may have been twisted into this but ne's a big boy and should have known better than to allow this . When a leader rather take direction from a person not working for the interest of the people also must be removed .That will be the weakest link and a move to go back to brookhan would move mastic beach forward. Nothing became better . When streets had to be cleaned or streets had been dumped on call the MB yard and trucks were there , when it snowed the trucks would come and in the spring the street sweepers. Home values are the lowest in the past 20 years and when the interest is at historic lows. No improvement grants and the idea to give home to hfh and such are dead ends because the goverment has not put in the right work to figure all this out. Voted a village in now vote the village out cause mark my words as confidence in the housing market grows the mbv will miss the boat because of one simple thing no one wants to settle in mbv anymore.

Since: Mar 12

Mastic Beach

#198 Jan 4, 2013
Wake up Joe wrote:
<quoted text>Joe, DHS who is Gary's Stiriz cousin did most of the storm clean up. The village has never cleaned out storm drains, and they fired the younger Frank from the DPW because he did not get along with Gary's nephew who is clueless but got the job because he is a family member.
Not much has changed after we became a village,and if we don't get some new people in in March we we should just dissolve and go back to the TOB.
Remember Joe this is not like when you lived in Massapeque,we really did not need a village. We needed a group of people who would go to the TOB and demand that they do the right thing for Mastic Beach and hold our politicians accountable.
Oh yeah....we had that group of people already. It was called the MBPOA. They worked w the TOB & reported properties & other violations & then the TOB would issue summons.
not a koolaid drinker

White Plains, NY

#199 Jan 4, 2013
a new board wrote:
<quoted text> I think Mayor Bill has caught on to Gary and his B/S. Mayor Bill is concerned about the flooding and wash overs on Fire Island and we have not heard anything from Gary.
I think with a new board that the Mayor will be fine.
too late. it doesn't take two years to figure out somebody is a dirtbag who is out for only themselves. he needs to go. we don't need a sheep running our village
its good to be Gary

White Plains, NY

#200 Jan 4, 2013
not a koolaid drinker wrote:
<quoted text>too late. it doesn't take two years to figure out somebody is a dirtbag who is out for only themselves. he needs to go. we don't need a sheep running our village
And Gary's sheep at that!
So What

Shirley, NY

#201 Jan 5, 2013
Think first wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait let me get this straight you do not like that someone who might run for trustee is doing something positive to clean-up Mastic Beach? All the other candidates running can organize activities that are a positive for the community. It is amazing that even when someone is doing something positive you turn it into a negative. And in Mastic Beach are we now going back and going after everyone who didn't have the right paperwork for construction they did? That's rich. Everyone of my neighbors - pro -village and no-village has un-permitted construction on their properties. I mean everyone of them since I have been here 25 years has done construction without TOB approval. If we go after Maura will we be going after everyone else? Seems only fair or do we just pick on the people we don't like?

Since: Mar 12

Mastic Beach

#202 Jan 5, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Wait let me get this straight you do not like that someone who might run for trustee is doing something positive to clean-up Mastic Beach? All the other candidates running can organize activities that are a positive for the community. It is amazing that even when someone is doing something positive you turn it into a negative. And in Mastic Beach are we now going back and going after everyone who didn't have the right paperwork for construction they did? That's rich. Everyone of my neighbors - pro -village and no-village has un-permitted construction on their properties. I mean everyone of them since I have been here 25 years has done construction without TOB approval. If we go after Maura will we be going after everyone else? Seems only fair or do we just pick on the people we don't like?
Why be different than the Village? Just pick on people you don't like....
huh you must be kidding

Bronx, NY

#203 Jan 7, 2013
dump them wrote:
No problem with Tom Fox, but Maura Spery is a Village hater and a slulord.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mastic Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is really Bradys 'lie a day' segment? Com... 12 hr Section 8 renter 160
Fence installation 15 hr 11951Ratdog 6
Fugarino takes his merry band of screechers to ... 19 hr Its over 16
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Sat Manny 460
mastic village being dissolved (Apr '16) Nov 30 Busted 288
Mastic Village to Dissolve Results: 1,922 to 1,... Nov 28 just me 16
Lots of people want the village more then anti ... Nov 26 Get help 117

Mastic Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance