What is the local Propane Price???
new propane customer

Suffern, NY

#22 Feb 5, 2010
Chris is Pissed wrote:
<quoted text>
Just received my United Propane bill and the rate charged is $7.26 per gallon (plus admin. fees)!!!!(Fill-up was 33 gal.) Upon calling them to question the price, I was told by the lady that she "needed to talk to a manager and would call me back sometime today." Two days now without a return call.
Lot's of customers out there (check the web) have had price gouging problems with all the propane providers. Evidently the propane business has no state or fed. regulation... What can we do?
I would definately buy the biggest propane tank you could afford and have it buried. once you own your own tank you can have it filled by anyone. I just did this at my house on long island, i bought a 500 gallon tank and just had it filled at $1.39/gallon. try calling an amerigas location near you if there is one.

Since: Apr 09

Bronx, NY

#23 Feb 21, 2010
Chris is Pissed wrote:
<quoted text>
Just received my United Propane bill and the rate charged is $7.26 per gallon (plus admin. fees)!!!!(Fill-up was 33 gal.) Upon calling them to question the price, I was told by the lady that she "needed to talk to a manager and would call me back sometime today." Two days now without a return call.
Lot's of customers out there (check the web) have had price gouging problems with all the propane providers. Evidently the propane business has no state or fed. regulation... What can we do?
Wow back when I disconnected my tank and went straight oil it was 4.00 and change. I just paid 2.60 for oil. LP is the biggest ripoff. I have a 40 gallon GE Hot water heater for sale now.
George

Lexington, KY

#24 Feb 22, 2010
We use around 500+ gallons of propane a month for our business in the winter months. We pay a little over $3.00 a gallon. With this kind of pricing we are seriously considering shutting down our business for the winter. One thing everyone can do is contact your senator or congressmen/woman and let them know how you feel. They are punching wells all over the place and I believe propane is made from natural gas. To me this is price gouging!!!!!!!! If our elected leaders is concerned about their constituents they would look into this. They ain't going to do anything unless you place that phone call!!!!!!!! When there was a weather emergency in 1996 our goverment warned businesses about gouging and the ones that did would face legal action. Don't set on the sideline!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#25 Feb 24, 2010
You have to go with above ground. depending on your usage needs, the size will vary as well as the cost. My father has everything on propane, heat cooking dryer, has a 200 gal tank, the big big ones, i got it just for cooking and it is like 20 gallons i think. He pays over half of what I pay. Good luck with your house.
Marylander

Fort Collins, CO

#26 Mar 9, 2010
Ron wrote:
United Propane in Maryland just charged me about $7 per gallon. Time to find another company!
United Propane of Millersville just charged me more than $7.00 a gallon for propane as well (March 2010). Seems like price gouging to me. How do they justify these prices?
Melissa

United States

#27 Mar 12, 2010
Ted Mills wrote:
The net says that the propane price should reflect a similar profile with crude oil prices... well my bill reflects a sky rocketing propane price. I am paying $3.84 a gallon from a popular propane fuel delivery company... What are you paying????
My last 2 bills were 5.04 a gallon...I do believe I am getting ripped off!
Melissa

United States

#28 Mar 12, 2010
My last 2 bills were 5.04 a gallon. I do beleive I am getting ripped off!
Melissa

United States

#29 Mar 12, 2010
How can you "bust" them on this....I have Peen Fuel.
Melissa

United States

#30 Mar 12, 2010
Penn Fuel*
Dwayne

Lititz, PA

#31 Sep 13, 2010
Melissa... I use Martindale Propane. They deliver to Lancaster. It depends on the size tank you have. The larger the tank, the lower the price. I have a 500 gal. tank and just paid $1.54 per gallon.
Smith is Looking

Gouldsboro, PA

#32 Sep 25, 2010
Thrify doesn't serve Monroe county, Pa. Any suggestions of good reasonable propane dealers?
Vincent

Annapolis, MD

#33 Oct 30, 2010
United Propane in Millersville MD is a total ripoff!! I talked with them 1 month ago & they wanted $5.07/gal for propane. I told them DO NOT DELIVER - I am not paying that much. Well, they just delivered 100 gallons without my permission and billed me $848.00 ($8.48/gal). This is BS!! What recourse is there? Did other UP customers have any luck resolving their price gouging complaints? Residential Propane prices in MD last week were $2.91 according to State Energy Office. Follow Link to see prices: http://www.eia.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data...
Anne

Waldorf, MD

#34 Nov 7, 2010
Ron wrote:
United Propane in Maryland just charged me about $7 per gallon. Time to find another company!
United Propane in Maryland just charged me $6.50 per gallon. Isn't there a law against price-gouging?
cactus

Falls Church, VA

#36 Dec 20, 2010
United Propane in Millersville quoted me $3.49 a gallon to fill my two 100 gal. Tanks. I called them and was told a manager would call me back. They did and lowered the price to $3.15. I told them it was still high considering natural gas is 30% lower today than it was last year at this time. Last year I paid $2.79. Roughly a 15% increase in my price when their price has dropped by 30%. That doesn't add up to me but since I'm out of gas for heat, I have no choice but to pay since the tanks belong to them. I'm in the market for my own tanks.
cactus

Falls Church, VA

#37 Dec 20, 2010
By the way, I ran out of gas on Saturday and found out that UP doesn't work on weekends. What kind of heating company is closed on weekends in the winter. Very poor customer service!
Steph

Cleveland, OH

#38 Jan 13, 2011
In Ohio, i use Amerigas. I have a rate-lock of $2.59 which I was hoping was good. I have to pay $125 for that lock each year. They quoted me a rate of $3.37 as of today.
Marie

Greenlawn, NY

#39 Jan 21, 2011
We have a large 1,000-gallon tank, buried, and pay far less than $2 per gallon here in Suffolk County, Long Island. We use Peconic Propane, by far the most legitimate, respected company for Eastern Suffolk. We love them! Their safety record is impeccable, it is a family-run business and their prices are incredibly competitive.
propane

Glen Rock, NJ

#40 Jan 22, 2011
Propane if you live in Mastic or Shirley one small sugestion to help the common folk out.

Losen the valve. take a wiff if it smells like propane light a match.

We will all watch crime rate drop, welfare will be back to an accetable level.

Since: Apr 09

Bronx, NY

#41 Jan 22, 2011
propane wrote:
Propane if you live in Mastic or Shirley one small sugestion to help the common folk out.
Losen the valve. take a wiff if it smells like propane light a match.
We will all watch crime rate drop, welfare will be back to an accetable level.
I'll bet your mother doesnt even like you.
propane price

Glen Rock, NJ

#42 Jan 22, 2011
propane cost is cheap in Mastic and Shirley, they just losent he cap and hope someone lights a match. Wow think of allt he jokes we would have if that gas leak in Shirley blew that town and lets hope it took Mastic with it off the Map.

think of all the fund it would free up in the Goverment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mastic Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
piece of shitt SPERY 1 hr Dummb dummb dummmmb 57
mastic village being dissolved 13 hr Scum bags 105
Smith Point to Start Charging $4 to park there ... (Jun '12) Sat Badtobeboned 9
petition to disolve the village of mastic beach... (Dec '10) Jul 22 11951Ratdog 202
News Cops: Massapequa builder bilks customer out of ... (Nov '07) Jul 22 nancys 147
News Shirley massage therapists arrested for offerin... (Apr '08) Jul 21 sister Pendulous ... 198
Squatters and high grass Jul 19 Really dumb 43

Mastic Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mastic Beach Mortgages