Canton sucks!

Posted in the Massillon Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Carol C

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Aug 22, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Hey we have a booming organized crime scene here. We also have a bunch of folks downtown who get drunk every day and call themselves artists. At least now we can cash checks on every street corner to take to the 777 gambling house next door to it. Also, what used to be neighborhoods of home owners have given way to rentals that are actively destroying the only parts of town that aren't abandoned. Toss in a completely corrupt police force, paid off judges and roads that only seem to get fixed come HOF and you've got yourself a backassed pucker hole of a town. Those that say that Canton will get better, pass me some of that you're smoking. Everyone who comes to visit in Canton, always make comments about how bad this place sucks and how unhappy and angry everyone seems.
EscapeFromCanton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Advice: if you already have a job try and save something and get the hell out. Because God forbid you lose your job or get sick then end up STUCK here. This city will suck the life out of you.

If you don't have a job and are fairly healthy hitchhike or do some odd jobs and get the hell out of here..hop on a greyhound (do we even have a station here?).
Canton_is_Heaven

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
May 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I don't know why so negative. We are growing and first fridays have been good for the city. We have arts district and plenty of variety eat different kinds of foods. Canton convention center hosts many things..people just don't always go.. We are one of few cities that even have public transportation (sarta) and the buses even have a place for bicyclers to put their bike on the front. Police just hired 10? Or 12? More to the force. The park system is looking great and the new path with gravel is nice. People don't realize that canton is not restricted to just 'canton'.. They don't give credit to the south, east, west and north which all have their own beauty and things to do. We have one of the fastest declining crime rates in comparison to many places so people need to open their eyes and mind and look around.. If you don't like it here don't complain and do something or just find a new city to make a life in. And the jobs are growing. If you can't find job for company and be paid by business check there are work for cash and it can be better anyway. Have a good night topix friends.
Angelrae68

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jul 1, 2013
 
WOW and I thought I had a bad attitude toward my hometown. I've come to the conclusion that I've outgrown this town. My family is dying off and I am not happy here. I know many who are but I'm leaving within the year. There are nice areas such as Avondale, Harter Heights, Canton South, and anywhere past 25th street. Downtown is becoming the place to be. I agree that a lot more must be done. HOF is a big deal and it's our time to shine every year and make a change. Not sure why it isn't happening. There are some areas and matters that are disgusting. I don't know why I have seen drug deals and prostitutes on a regular basis the past 24 years. I have worked downtown off and on my entire adult life. A lot has changed. But the drugs, abandoned houses, slum neighborhoods and prostitutes NEVER CHANGE.
There are nice parks.
Restaurants, art shops and downtown is finally growing and becoming beautiful. If you haven't eaten downtown you are DEFINATELY MISSING OUT..
powerlifter

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jul 5, 2013
 
Wally wrote:
Canton ohio sucks because for a town its size there is nothing to do.Sometime ago a developer wanted to build an amusement park and motel here and quess what yep they turned it down. It is not like developers are lining up to start projects here that we can pick and chose from.At one time there was a very nice park for the kids here called mother goose land but the hackkneed politicians here decided it was too much of an exspence and closed it down. Later the citizens passed a bond levy to rebuild the park and yep you guessed it council voted to use the money for other things.Makes you wonder why you bother voting right.Then there was meyers lake park a cute little amusement near here that yep closed down too.The owner figured he could make more money selling the land for condominiums.There also was a nice zoo here which yes you guessed it the politicians clossed to save money.You would think that since the professional football hall of fame is here with a little bit of effort we could develope a nice little tourist industry. Maybe even be called the Orlando of Ohio.But if you knew how the politics are around here you would know that can never be.Yeh we are the home of the proffesional football hall of fame and nothing else.
I am glad I don't need thrills spills and hospital bills to enjoy my life.
carlos

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jul 10, 2013
 
Hey I've been work here now for eh two years and my friends. It true from where I come its bad to make money. Here I thought it make life better so many people say and living. I hate this jobs and not have money to send home. Gotta be better places in united states for money. I miss honduras my home and it better to be with family and home if money is not good here. Sad and not happy to say it but its truth.
TaKeAhIkE

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Don't like it here? LEAVE!
Moving to Canton

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jul 31, 2013
 
Is there a place close to Canton that is safe? Maybe 30 minutes away? We are supposed to be moving there soon but I don't want to raise my kids in a place where people say there are drugs, hookers and robberies daily. Looking for a house to rent around there.
Canton is FINE not great

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Aug 2, 2013
 
Moving to Canton wrote:
Is there a place close to Canton that is safe? Maybe 30 minutes away? We are supposed to be moving there soon but I don't want to raise my kids in a place where people say there are drugs, hookers and robberies daily. Looking for a house to rent around there.
NE side near route 62, People over exaggerate tho most of canton is quite nice, Downtown and SW areas kinda suck tho.
mike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Aug 3, 2013
 
Canton_is_Heaven wrote:
I don't know why so negative. We are growing and first fridays have been good for the city. We have arts district and plenty of variety eat different kinds of foods. Canton convention center hosts many things..people just don't always go.. We are one of few cities that even have public transportation (sarta) and the buses even have a place for bicyclers to put their bike on the front. Police just hired 10? Or 12? More to the force. The park system is looking great and the new path with gravel is nice. People don't realize that canton is not restricted to just 'canton'.. They don't give credit to the south, east, west and north which all have their own beauty and things to do. We have one of the fastest declining crime rates in comparison to many places so people need to open their eyes and mind and look around.. If you don't like it here don't complain and do something or just find a new city to make a life in. And the jobs are growing. If you can't find job for company and be paid by business check there are work for cash and it can be better anyway. Have a good night topix friends.
I was at the arts district last night and the art was pathetic. The town is the epitome of squalor and decay. The black hoodlums were coming out in force after dark. I will never go back.
Leroy M

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Aug 26, 2013
 
At Mike:
'I was at the arts district last night and the art was pathetic. The town is the epitome of squalor and decay. The black hoodlums were coming out in force after dark. I will never go back.'
Perhaps you don't know, understand or like art to begin with. You are epitome of the negativity and crap people post on here about canton. Good! Don't go downtown again.. Jeez you people have no taste for the better things in life or respect and gratefulness for what is around you. You make me sick with these comments..
mike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Aug 27, 2013
 
Leroy M wrote:
At Mike:
'I was at the arts district last night and the art was pathetic. The town is the epitome of squalor and decay. The black hoodlums were coming out in force after dark. I will never go back.'
Perhaps you don't know, understand or like art to begin with. You are epitome of the negativity and crap people post on here about canton. Good! Don't go downtown again.. Jeez you people have no taste for the better things in life or respect and gratefulness for what is around you. You make me sick with these comments..
we have no plans to ever go to Canton again. It was a zhithole.
Mickey D_s

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Oct 21, 2013
 
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
we have no plans to ever go to Canton again. It was a zhithole.
You're the 'zhithole'. If you don't love canton and have no pride in our city and our history then get the hell out of here and stop complaining. You people don't deserve to live in our city.
mike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Oct 22, 2013
 
Mickey D_s wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the 'zhithole'. If you don't love canton and have no pride in our city and our history then get the hell out of here and stop complaining. You people don't deserve to live in our city.
learn to read Einstein. I said we have no plans to ever go to canton again, thus, I don't live there.
RhymesWithBucket

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Nov 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I moved from the area in 1984. The above comments pretty much say it all.
KissMyDieck

Litchfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Feb 1, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Wow ALL of you people who got nothing good to say about this place are probably miserable turds and need to shut the hell up about OUR city! WE have a lot going on and changing. We have a lot more than other cities have.
Josh

Republic, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
May 7, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Canton Ohio is nothing but prostitutes, crackheads, dope dealers, thugs that wear their pants below theirs asses and pot holes on every street tgat you drive down! CANTON SUCKS AND WILL ALWAYS REMAIN SCUM!!
Chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Wednesday Jun 25
 
I would agree with most of the posts here, Canton, Oh is a rathole yes this place will suck the life out of you, yes there are plenty of prostitutes, drug dealers and users everything is true. Your chance of getting robbed in the city is becoming petty high. This place is a slum even the city will not cut grass let alone renters and home owners. Most work here is minimum wage jobs where you will never get ahead. A lot of people are dirtbags who would rather toss there empty beer/wine bottle in your yard instead of a trash can. There are more welfare moms than you can count who are more happy to just send their 6 kids outside to do what ever they want instead of teaching them right from wrong ( that's what the police are for, if they ever show up). If you are even thinking about moving here because of the low rent or price of houses please read my post and the above post first because the heartache may not be worth it and if you visit and want to meet the residents of this city just come to a local Walmart on the 1st of the month when the food stamp card is refilled.
BH Warner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Friday Jul 4
 
I love canton ohio. The birthplace of Marilyn Manson!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Massillon Discussions

Search the Massillon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 58 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 28,457
watching groundhog day Tue witness 1
Girl,7, Recovering After Shot Twice in Chest (Mar '10) Jul 8 tiff 9
Melda Owens Jul 8 Dermot OHanlon 1
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 4 edfgyujm 226
naughty girls (Sep '13) Jul 3 female phone escorts 10
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 Lindsay 2,213
•••
•••
•••
•••

Massillon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Massillon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Massillon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Massillon
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••