|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Surely Templar wrote:
<quoted text>
How about that Joseph Smith. Didn't hear you make any smartass comments about him. You know, the guy who started it all and believed all other churches were wrong? Exactly proving my point and proving me correct. Got anything else? I mean other than talking snakes water walking Jewish zombies.
Isn't that just like a typical liberal... not to recognize the fact that our Constitution ensures the right for us to worship as we wish?

Get educated about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint.

Fact is, I spent my entire childhood in the shadow of Hill Cumorah, near Palmyra, NY, the most significant shrine for Latter Day Saints. Throngs would come every year to the Cumorah Pageant, where they would celebrate their faith wrapped around the belief that Joseph Smith was handed golden tablets inscribed with what is now professed to be the Book of Mormon.

I have known many, many LDS's in my life. Every one of them the finest people I have ever met, the most devout, honorable, honest, and giving people I have known. Small wonder Mitt Romney gives away millions every year, and in fact donated the entirety of his share of his father's considerable inheritance to charity.

Did you know that all "Mormons" as you call them have a picture of Jesus Christ in their home? Probably not.

Tell you what I believe... I believe we are a secular nation. Each of us free to worship as we please, or not. That's what I believe.

As for my faith, Roman Catholic, the Second Vatican Council pointedly stated that Catholic faithful must be accepting and tolerant of all other faiths. As long as those faiths are peaceful.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

The Last Templar wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that just like a typical liberal... not to recognize the fact that our Constitution ensures the right for us to worship as we wish?
Get educated about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint.
Fact is, I spent my entire childhood in the shadow of Hill Cumorah, near Palmyra, NY, the most significant shrine for Latter Day Saints. Throngs would come every year to the Cumorah Pageant, where they would celebrate their faith wrapped around the belief that Joseph Smith was handed golden tablets inscribed with what is now professed to be the Book of Mormon.
I have known many, many LDS's in my life. Every one of them the finest people I have ever met, the most devout, honorable, honest, and giving people I have known. Small wonder Mitt Romney gives away millions every year, and in fact donated the entirety of his share of his father's considerable inheritance to charity.
Did you know that all "Mormons" as you call them have a picture of Jesus Christ in their home? Probably not.
Tell you what I believe... I believe we are a secular nation. Each of us free to worship as we please, or not. That's what I believe.
As for my faith, Roman Catholic, the Second Vatican Council pointedly stated that Catholic faithful must be accepting and tolerant of all other faiths. As long as those faiths are peaceful.
Very well said... and didn't Jesus also say at the end that it will be who did good to others, that in doing good to the least of the brethren, that it was as though they were doing it to Him. And I wish my Church would be as tollerant of other faiths as your note the Second Vatican Council stated. Thanks for sharing that!
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Surely Templar wrote:
<quoted text>
How about that Joseph Smith. Didn't hear you make any smartass comments about him. You know, the guy who started it all and believed all other churches were wrong? Exactly proving my point and proving me correct. Got anything else? I mean other than talking snakes water walking Jewish zombies.
I know of no perfect Church or Christian. I know many who have room to grow to reach the stature and faith of the Master Teacher. Hopefully one day we'll each do better, but I really don't see any guiding truth in your posts yet. Maybe you could work on yourself too:-)

Have you ever taken the 'Jesus test'? He gave a test you can do to know if what He taught was from God or not....
Surely Templar

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
I know of no perfect Church or Christian. I know many who have room to grow to reach the stature and faith of the Master Teacher. Hopefully one day we'll each do better, but I really don't see any guiding truth in your posts yet. Maybe you could work on yourself too:-)
Have you ever taken the 'Jesus test'? He gave a test you can do to know if what He taught was from God or not....
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48876172/ns/world...
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

"A woman is abandoned by her husband and finds a new companion to look after her and her children. A second love succeeds. If this family is discriminated against, not just the mother will be cut off but also her children. In this way the Church loses the future generation"

And what has this to do with anything I said?
Surely Templar

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Barnsweb wrote:
"A woman is abandoned by her husband and finds a new companion to look after her and her children. A second love succeeds. If this family is discriminated against, not just the mother will be cut off but also her children. In this way the Church loses the future generation"
And what has this to do with anything I said?
This thread was created to trick people into thinking if they vote for Obama, they are not "good" Christians or Catholics. In the meantime, leaders of the church are claiming your ideals are 200 years behind the times. That is when they aren't blaiming toddlers for seducing priests. What does abortion or gays getting married have to do with politics? What does man made climate change have to do with Jesus? Stop thinking your personal religious beliefs belong in our elections. You know. Like the founders of this nation intended. Mitt Romney is a Mormon, that's right, a Mormon, who made millions of dollars off of the abortion industry, through a company that was cited for illegally dumping aborted fetuses. Name something even close that Obama did when it comes to being against your religion. Also, still waiting for you to respond to the words Joseph Smith had to say about other churches.
Surely Templar

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

I took the "Jesus Test". I call it 12 solid years of private Christian schooling. No thanks.

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Young Jewish-American woman sends us all a powerful message:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Surely Templar wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread was created to trick people into thinking if they vote for Obama, they are not "good" Christians or Catholics. In the meantime, leaders of the church are claiming your ideals are 200 years behind the times. That is when they aren't blaiming toddlers for seducing priests. What does abortion or gays getting married have to do with politics? What does man made climate change have to do with Jesus? Stop thinking your personal religious beliefs belong in our elections. You know. Like the founders of this nation intended. Mitt Romney is a Mormon, that's right, a Mormon, who made millions of dollars off of the abortion industry, through a company that was cited for illegally dumping aborted fetuses. Name something even close that Obama did when it comes to being against your religion. Also, still waiting for you to respond to the words Joseph Smith had to say about other churches.
Do the people grieve when evil men rule a country? Scipture also says so - and when just men rule, the result is quite different. There is far too much 'trickery' going on - who tells people the truth? The corporate news media?:-) What I've seen and heard from Obama is that he tells whoever he's speaking to what they want to hear. One day he'll say one thing to one group, the next day, to another group with divergent interests from the previous group, he'll tell them what they want to hear - but he can't hold both views and goals at the same time and be honest with either group nor himself and be honest - let alone good. He's a practiced liar and seems to quite enjoy lieing.

That is the opposite of what is right - even by human standards of right and wrong. There should be a law against politicians lieing, and their false testimony of what they will do should land them in prison. Till then, I refuse to vote for someone I know is a pathological liar. You can vote for them if you want to - it's your right to be able to vote crazy:-)

It's about character - not a particular Church. Do you enjoy putting your trust, hope or future in a known liar?
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Surely Templar wrote:
I took the "Jesus Test". I call it 12 solid years of private Christian schooling. No thanks.
That may be what you call the 'Jesus test', but it isn't the test He gave:-)
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Great video link Templar - going to share that one...
Surely Templar

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the people grieve when evil men rule a country? Scipture also says so - and when just men rule, the result is quite different. There is far too much 'trickery' going on - who tells people the truth? The corporate news media?:-) What I've seen and heard from Obama is that he tells whoever he's speaking to what they want to hear. One day he'll say one thing to one group, the next day, to another group with divergent interests from the previous group, he'll tell them what they want to hear - but he can't hold both views and goals at the same time and be honest with either group nor himself and be honest - let alone good. He's a practiced liar and seems to quite enjoy lieing.
That is the opposite of what is right - even by human standards of right and wrong. There should be a law against politicians lieing, and their false testimony of what they will do should land them in prison. Till then, I refuse to vote for someone I know is a pathological liar. You can vote for them if you want to - it's your right to be able to vote crazy:-)
It's about character - not a particular Church. Do you enjoy putting your trust, hope or future in a known liar?
So you don't believe Romney lies? I read a report that he was caught telling lies over 500 times in a very short period of time.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2012...

How about "God's President" GW and his invisible WMD's? How many people DIED over that lie? Bet you voted for him twice. You will vote for Romney, even though he knowingly made millions of dollars off of the abortion industry through a company called Stericycle. Stericycle was cited for illegally dumping aborted fetuses. Romney was then caught lying about his involvement. Like I told Last Nutball, save your high horse bullshit because your horse is laying in the mud.

Wonder if Jesus can tell if you're just another racist with a greedy agenda?

Be sure to toss your Holy Bible in the gutter next to the illegally dumped aborted fetus when you vote for Mitt Romney.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

I'm not tossing my Bible and I'm not a racist either - but your accusations say worlds about you though:-)

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

I have known many members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. A lie in that church is so foreign to them.

Romney knows, these are perilous times:

Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Hmm. July 26th turn to stab Israel in the back, after saying earlier that Jerusalem to be the capitol of Israel? After 3 1/2 years he will break the covenant with Israel? Who does it look like he may be? This convinces me even more....
Surely Templar

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Barnsweb wrote:
Hmm. July 26th turn to stab Israel in the back, after saying earlier that Jerusalem to be the capitol of Israel? After 3 1/2 years he will break the covenant with Israel? Who does it look like he may be? This convinces me even more....
What does Israel have to do with American elections? I'm Irish. Why isn't Obama and Romney kissing Ireland's ass? Because it has nothing to do with American elections. If the best you can come up with is to hint that Obama is the anti-Christ, then go throw rocks at the moon with Zeus and Ra. Now about those millions and millions of dollars Mitt Romney made off the abortion industry...
Surely Templar

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

The Last Templar wrote:
I have known many members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. A lie in that church is so foreign to them.
Romney knows, these are perilous times:
Yet multiple wives is so common.
Surely Templar

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Barnsweb wrote:
I'm not tossing my Bible and I'm not a racist either - but your accusations say worlds about you though:-)
And the greedy corporate agenda you vote for says volumes about you. That is why the whole country views you as a silver spoon racist.:)
Surely Templar

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Mitt Romney knowingly made over 50 million dollars off the abortion industry through a company that was cited for illegally dumping aborted fetuses. That is what is known as a fact. You guys should try them sometime.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

So what's your list on Obama and Biden?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181 - 200 of214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Massillon Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Massillon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance