Drinking and Driving

Posted in the Massena Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Terminator

Massena, NY

#1 Apr 3, 2013
Everyone should be charge with attempting murder when they get behind the wheel. In this case here, Laurel L. Randall is charged with manslaughter. I don't understand with some people have to drive when the are drinking, this is nuts

http://www.mpcourier.com/article/20130402/DCO...
anything

Agawam, MA

#2 Apr 3, 2013
Yet she's out of jail but if you get caught with some weed they lock ya up like ya killed someone
nope

Massena, NY

#3 Apr 3, 2013
Attempted murder is when you have the intent to kill. Intent has always mattered under the law. She didn't intend to kill him, so it's manslaughter. And if you don't kill someone, it's a DWI. This woman got the charges she deserved, relax.
not so sure

Massena, NY

#4 Apr 3, 2013
nope wrote:
Attempted murder is when you have the intent to kill. Intent has always mattered under the law. She didn't intend to kill him, so it's manslaughter. And if you don't kill someone, it's a DWI. This woman got the charges she deserved, relax.
10,0000 cash bail because you pretend that you hit a deer and leave someone lying there to die and do not even attempt to resusitate? it is not for me to judge and i am not go;ing to but i am still not sure justice is being served here and as the post above mine #2 said - get caught with a little weed and you are dead meat. thank goodness that that leanne lady was honest.
nope

Massena, NY

#5 Apr 3, 2013
Well bail is really to hold people to account in terms of showing up in court. So since she is innocent until proven guilty, that is a way to make sure she will actually be in court in the future, or otherwise lose quite a bit of money. It is determined based in part on your economic means, not just the crime itself. I was also surprised by the amount, but if you knew her situation it might make more sense.
macncheese

Massena, NY

#6 Apr 3, 2013
i would think by now people would know not to drive no matter how much or how little alcohol has been consumed. i dont know the details, but damn its got to be expensive with insurance costs, vehicle repairs,lawyer fees, missed work ... and i havent even touched upon the possibility of injuries/death and the consequences of jail/prison time.
its rediculous.
wake up people and walk home or stay where you are or get a cab. its common sense.
oh yeah, i forgot, people don't have common sense since they don't sell it at walmart.
truthbetold

Massena, NY

#7 Apr 3, 2013
nope wrote:
Well bail is really to hold people to account in terms of showing up in court. So since she is innocent until proven guilty, that is a way to make sure she will actually be in court in the future, or otherwise lose quite a bit of money. It is determined based in part on your economic means, not just the crime itself. I was also surprised by the amount, but if you knew her situation it might make more sense.
I know her situation!!! Her father and JUDGE Jerry Richards are good friends! Dose that help clear things up?????
truthbetold

Massena, NY

#8 Apr 3, 2013
By the way if you check into her past you will find a felony assault! She felt compelled to bash some woman's head off the concrete until she messed her up pretty good ! Just goes to show what a piece of trash she really is! I'm quite sure that she had no more concern for the lady she ran over than she did for the one she beat the hell out of!
retired_lovingit

Ogdensburg, NY

#9 Apr 3, 2013
truthbetold wrote:
<quoted text>
I know her situation!!! Her father and JUDGE Jerry Richards are good friends! Dose that help clear things up?????
Why does this not surprise me?
Interesting couple

Randallstown, MD

#10 Apr 3, 2013
truthbetold wrote:
By the way if you check into her past you will find a felony assault! She felt compelled to bash some woman's head off the concrete until she messed her up pretty good ! Just goes to show what a piece of trash she really is! I'm quite sure that she had no more concern for the lady she ran over than she did for the one she beat the hell out of!
And this is the story on the back seat passenger, Leeanna Bailey-White, who also left the seen of the accident, but is being charged with nothing!

littlebirdtoldme wrote:
<quoted text>
For sure! Where are all of her kids, she has a lot of them!

Well, glad you asked! Two are with one father, another is with her dad and her baby that has fetal alcohol syndrome is with his grandparents in Vermont. She is a diagnosed schizophrenic, alcoholic and before I believed everything that she says I would say I would remember half of what she said. Also remember that she put her drunk self back in the car with someone drunk and didn't call anyone until her drunk ass was home and couldn't get a dwi herself. She knew the plan and called just to save her own ass. She should also get conspiracy and leaving the scene. Oh yeah she also has a suspended license from a dwi so all of you that think she is a hero for reporting it - she had her own motives. Don't get me wrong - I am glad that she told because Fuli Wu's family deserves this closure.
wtf

Winthrop, NY

#11 Apr 3, 2013
Jail for a little weed? dead meat? Its a couple hundred dollar fine and thats it. Its not like you walked around with 8 bullets in a gun or something.
oh poop

Massena, NY

#12 Apr 3, 2013
nope wrote:
gosh - i wonder if i could show i wa boke - i could off my old man and get out on $500 bail. ya think?? yup - makes a lot more sense.
Terminator

Massena, NY

#13 Apr 3, 2013
If you get in your car drunk as a skunk, and drive away. That should be called murder right away, kids could be playing, in this case a woman on vacation visiting family, she doesn't deserve to be walking on the street now , someone is DEAD because of her action !!
anyone know

Massena, NY

#15 Apr 3, 2013
not to be morbid but following this conversation - does anyone know if she was killed instantly? i agree - they were all wrong - the drver more so.
Hmmm

Potsdam, NY

#16 Apr 3, 2013
I have not heard one way or the other. She hit the windshield hard enough to crack it. Scary and sad.
idk

Bellevue, WA

#17 Apr 3, 2013
the passenger in the back wasnt charged because she did nothing wrong,she was a back seat passnger in someone elses car probably scared half to death,not only of the accident but who knows what the driver and other passenger were saying to her,maybe they told her not to call the cops.noone knows her state of mind.bottom line is,she didnt do any wrong,she reported the accident truthfully and the others tried to hide the car,not her.thats why she wasnt charged,doesnt take a genious to figure it out.
haha

Potsdam, NY

#18 Apr 4, 2013
idk wrote:
the passenger in the back wasnt charged because she did nothing wrong,she was a back seat passnger in someone elses car probably scared half to death,not only of the accident but who knows what the driver and other passenger were saying to her,maybe they told her not to call the cops.noone knows her state of mind.bottom line is,she didnt do any wrong,she reported the accident truthfully and the others tried to hide the car,not her.thats why she wasnt charged,doesnt take a genious to figure it out.
And you are dumber than a box of rocks!
Common problem

Chicago, IL

#19 Apr 4, 2013
idk wrote:
Is someone maybe thinking with his little head??
finished

Massena, NY

#20 Apr 4, 2013
let us give the law a chance to work. this thread is exhasuted.
pooppeoplepoop

Massena, NY

#21 Apr 4, 2013
the whole system is so messed up. nothing anyone says here or to anyone else is going to change the way things are.people who drink and drive get a little slap on the wrist and end up doing it again. it is sad to see how people in authority fail us left and right. we are told to follow laws and when we don't nothing happens anyways. i could write a best seller on the whole court system! all areas need to be fixed! but they won't and people will remain getting little slaps and the good people of our towns will give up all hope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baxter's auto (Jan '12) 4 hr FED UP 51
Metal Roofing Contractor (Apr '13) 6 hr June Bugg 21
Preppers in Massena or area.. 9 hr Methinks 16
Massena man sentenced to prison for cocaine sale 9 hr Friendly guy 56
Illegal tint 10 hr 2mutch goverment 14
Talcott street 10 hr Stan 9
Mohawk Tribal Council (Dec '10) 10 hr haha 16

Wind Chill Warning for St Lawrence County was issued at January 30 at 3:56AM EST

Massena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Massena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:13 am PST