dick maginn the massena grinch

dick maginn the massena grinch

Posted in the Massena Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
dead northern radio show

Lake Placid, NY

#1 Jan 12, 2011
we see that dick maginn has blocked off the parking lot that was for the post office in downtown massena. the baptist chuch was always nice enough to let people use that space they owned. now its gone with huge concrete ugly blocks. next step maginn tears down the baptist church and sells his soul for his wealth of money to the devil. wait, he did that years ago. his son will sniff the rest of money up his nose.
reality

Manlius, NY

#2 Jan 14, 2011
dead northern radio show wrote:
we see that dick maginn has blocked off the parking lot that was for the post office in downtown massena. the baptist chuch was always nice enough to let people use that space they owned. now its gone with huge concrete ugly blocks. next step maginn tears down the baptist church and sells his soul for his wealth of money to the devil. wait, he did that years ago. his son will sniff the rest of money up his nose.
He bought the property. There are numerous upgrades needed to bring it to code. I am all for history, but letting a building sit there because it is old is senseless. As much as some people say that we should use it as is, if that were going to happen, it already would have. For those who don't like it, find investors, put a group together who agree with you. Do the legwork and figure out a way to buy the building and then do what you want with it. If we try to be that small town everyone fondly remembers from growing up, we are going to be a ghost town before long. We need to catch up to the times, be progressive. If you can get this building labeled as an historic monument, then do it. The owner gets to do with the building what he wants. It has been for sale for 3 years, now people get worked up because it is sold and they don't like what the buyer is going to do with it. You should have been working hard for the last 3 years to make sure it didn't happen if you are that passionate about it.
Elvis

Lyons, NY

#3 Jan 14, 2011
Wiat a minute, McGinn is the only person with all the money here because the town lets him buy these buildings and then he makes apartments for himself so he can sit up there and count his millions. Progressive you say , it,s not progressive for Massena , it,s only progressive for money hungry McGinn. It is a sin to tear down God,s house anyway you look at it. He,s just concerned for himself not the fate of Massena. Don,t cal it Massena anymore call it the town of McGinn. He thinks because he has money he can get any property in Massena he wants. To hell with the town of Massena. He is a greedy sob and if he tears down this church that was just used recently well then maybe he may go to hell money greed
night club

Tupper Lake, NY

#4 Jan 14, 2011
he should turn it into a night club that would be sweet
massenadrama

Lake Placid, NY

#5 Jan 15, 2011
night club wrote:
he should turn it into a night club that would be sweet
turn it into a night club or strip joint . call it sinners. he would make a huge buck of profit on it. then it would saved. but maginn is greedy. he just lost any faith in me by proving he has never been for massena. just for his wallet.
massenadrama

Lake Placid, NY

#6 Jan 15, 2011
Elvis wrote:
Wiat a minute, McGinn is the only person with all the money here because the town lets him buy these buildings and then he makes apartments for himself so he can sit up there and count his millions. Progressive you say , it,s not progressive for Massena , it,s only progressive for money hungry McGinn. It is a sin to tear down God,s house anyway you look at it. He,s just concerned for himself not the fate of Massena. Don,t cal it Massena anymore call it the town of McGinn. He thinks because he has money he can get any property in Massena he wants. To hell with the town of Massena. He is a greedy sob and if he tears down this church that was just used recently well then maybe he may go to hell money greed
the man has just truly earn his mark in hell for his own gains. hope he gets cancer and suffers for tearing down a church.
wandering butterfly

Saranac Lake, NY

#7 Jan 15, 2011
Elvis wrote:
Wiat a minute, McGinn is the only person with all the money here because the town lets him buy these buildings and then he makes apartments for himself so he can sit up there and count his millions. Progressive you say , it,s not progressive for Massena , it,s only progressive for money hungry McGinn. It is a sin to tear down God,s house anyway you look at it. He,s just concerned for himself not the fate of Massena. Don,t cal it Massena anymore call it the town of McGinn. He thinks because he has money he can get any property in Massena he wants. To hell with the town of Massena. He is a greedy sob and if he tears down this church that was just used recently well then maybe he may go to hell money greed
Its a game of monopoly, isnt it? He sounds like Mr. Potter from the movie Its a wonderful life!
Just rutheless and knows he has power over the town?
Tearing this church down would be a travesty to Massena, it is a historical monument of massena. Why, why why would he want to tear this place down?
massenadrama

Lake Placid, NY

#8 Jan 15, 2011
wandering butterfly wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a game of monopoly, isnt it? He sounds like Mr. Potter from the movie Its a wonderful life!
Just rutheless and knows he has power over the town?
Tearing this church down would be a travesty to Massena, it is a historical monument of massena. Why, why why would he want to tear this place down?
because as the headline states..he's the grinch. he old man potter from its a wonderful life except for having two spoiled kids.
here's a news article from today's newspaper. historian john michaud was interviewed. the newspaper called michaud luvid -- which is defined as "stupid" guess the newspaper has been paid off by maginn to call somebody stupid whose in favor of saving the church. gray and hidy agreed to tear it down. our wonderful elected officlails not doing what they promised.

http://www.mpcourier.com/article/20110115/DCO...
massenadrama

Lake Placid, NY

#9 Jan 15, 2011
wandering butterfly wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a game of monopoly, isnt it? He sounds like Mr. Potter from the movie Its a wonderful life!
Just rutheless and knows he has power over the town?
Tearing this church down would be a travesty to Massena, it is a historical monument of massena. Why, why why would he want to tear this place down?
found this. johnswackyworld video pleading to dick maginn not to tear down the church and he ask all of massena, its church congregations and his viewers to pray for the fate of the church. he gives a history too. dont find anything stupid about this. its what some feel but dont have guts to say on camera.
massenadrama

Lake Placid, NY

#10 Jan 15, 2011
Elvis wrote:
Wiat a minute, McGinn is the only person with all the money here because the town lets him buy these buildings and then he makes apartments for himself so he can sit up there and count his millions. Progressive you say , it,s not progressive for Massena , it,s only progressive for money hungry McGinn. It is a sin to tear down God,s house anyway you look at it. He,s just concerned for himself not the fate of Massena. Don,t cal it Massena anymore call it the town of McGinn. He thinks because he has money he can get any property in Massena he wants. To hell with the town of Massena. He is a greedy sob and if he tears down this church that was just used recently well then maybe he may go to hell money greed
johnswackyworld pleads to dick maginn not to tear down the church. ask everybody to pray for the church. the newspaper called john LUCID --which is defined as STUPID...must be a maginn payoff?

reality

Manlius, NY

#11 Jan 15, 2011
bottom line--no matter how many people have money. He used his to buy this property when noone else would. Now it is his and he can do what he pleases with it, even if you disagree with him.
stillin

New York, NY

#12 Jan 15, 2011
Oh the decision "makers" of Massena, soooo bad. Our old beautiful outdoor skating rink, WAS a wetlands complete with tadpoles, frogs and flowers all gone, apartments. Funny how that "designated wetland" got changed. Money, corruption. The fields everybody enjoyed to play in, is the ridiculous playground. You don't NEED a playground, you need SPACE to play. Now it's the Baptist church and it's site. I am sooooo glad I do not honor the God of this country, MONEY. It is NOT the end all be all to everything. Massena continued to get worse and worse. Want to go out? Bars with the same people having the same conversations with the same music. No thanks. Want a good meal out? Where? Same old same old. Massena had at one time, the "springs"...that was ruined too. Want to know a place? Know it's history and with Massena, it is a HISTORY OF BAD DECISION MAKING. Why do I live there? The river, the woods, until those too are made into profit. I hope all the people who can't wait to make a dime stepping over everybody to get there, get THIERS, and I am talking KARMA. Can't wait.
disgusting

Lake Placid, NY

#13 Jan 15, 2011
this guy is one greedy man!!!
stu

Saranac Lake, NY

#14 Jan 15, 2011
I think it is a part of the American culture to rip apart old buildings and put up new ones. It sounds ignorant but it is an American trend. I think alot of the ancient buildings in Europe were saved because they stood the test of time and were not looked at as profitable. America is such a young country that most of our buildings were built during the industrial revolution wich just happens to be the most pofitable era since the beginning of mankind. We all know from the corporate aspect that good just is not good enough.
yep

Syracuse, NY

#15 Jan 15, 2011
everybody sounds real jealous. if he lets it stand there, then what? its just there, collecting dust and being unused, what a waste, and why just so we can look at it and say "yep, that was a church". if everyone feels so strongly about it, you had three years to do something about it while it was for sale, but you didn't, you would rather let things just happen and complain about it after the fact. that lack of foresight and desire is the real reason this town is going to crap.don't blame someone else for wanting to go FORWARD. remember, your faith and belief in God is the real power, the church is just a building to celebrate in,he is doing no injustice to God by wanting to tear down a building.

Since: Dec 09

Syracuse, NY

#16 Jan 15, 2011
yep wrote:
everybody sounds real jealous. if he lets it stand there, then what? its just there, collecting dust and being unused, what a waste, and why just so we can look at it and say "yep, that was a church". if everyone feels so strongly about it, you had three years to do something about it while it was for sale, but you didn't, you would rather let things just happen and complain about it after the fact. that lack of foresight and desire is the real reason this town is going to crap.don't blame someone else for wanting to go FORWARD. remember, your faith and belief in God is the real power, the church is just a building to celebrate in,he is doing no injustice to God by wanting to tear down a building.
You are so right about jealousy. People should drive to canton and see what he did with the old bowling alley there. That building looked like the wrecking ball was ready for it and he transformed what was there into a beautiful multi function building. If there was hope for the old church he would save it. Anyone bashing him in this thread also had the chance to buy the church. His visions go way beyond the bashers in this thread.
A carpenter

Tupper Lake, NY

#17 Jan 15, 2011
Its not that the church isnt saveable, it is the actual building itself. The other buildings he has revamped are regular buildings and not buildings with steeples. It would be hard for "normal"
businesses to be housed there. Maybe instead of critsizing we should give MrMaginn other ideas for the building. I am sure that their are viable options to keep this building in place. Are there any businesses that would "fit in" to an old church building.Office space with a steeple doesnt really fit in my mind. It would have made a nice historic building, tear down the building out back for parking and put a steak house style restaurant in there that serves real food not processed crap. Let the restaurant have a medevil theme. IDK just an idea. I have been to restaurants before where you get a steak and potato dinner for like 5.95. It was good food and the place was packed. Use the old keep it simple stupid adage. Massena just needs to get back to the basics before we can move forward!

Since: Dec 09

Syracuse, NY

#18 Jan 15, 2011
He had said there were too many code violations to save it. Utilities such as plumbing and electric can be a challenge in an old structure such as that. Adding bathrooms can also be a challenge. I like the $5.95 steak dinner idea. They are popular in the south.
massenadrama

Lake Placid, NY

#19 Jan 15, 2011
Droopy Draws wrote:
He had said there were too many code violations to save it. Utilities such as plumbing and electric can be a challenge in an old structure such as that. Adding bathrooms can also be a challenge. I like the $5.95 steak dinner idea. They are popular in the south.
nothing but maginn lies and political mumbo jumbo from his mouth! he's forced building inspectors and planners to meet him at non government business hours -- or no appointments. my time or none. he's still a grinch.
info

Ithaca, NY

#20 Jan 15, 2011
In 2007 Michaud predicted this would happen to the church

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dump trump 7 min You are an idiot 89
Furnace repair 14 hr Joe 8
Massena Tue Canadaaaa 11
News 1973 Massena Central High School graduate offer... Tue Times have changed 9
Douglas Road Tue giovanni 1
News July 24, 2017 - NYPA power line project to boos... Tue Hmm 1
alcoa to cease all operations in 2018 (Aug '13) Tue North metal 161

Massena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massena Mortgages