Massena Rescue Squad
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
oldtimer

Ithaca, NY

#1 Jun 18, 2009
Massena Rescue should pay another EMT themselves. Forget Seaway Valley. They do transporting. Massena rescue needs hire their own! It could be one of your Massena families waiting for an ambulance.
resident

Ithaca, NY

#2 Jun 18, 2009
How much is an average ambulance ride to the hospital when the insurance pays? How many are there a year? Insurance does get billed this is a fact! The rescue squad is financed through taxpayers also. Shouldn't taxpayers get the full benefit of using the ambulance service. We have all the equipment and the building new. Why not have the use of full service. It is like having a car to look at in your driveway but not being able to drive in because you don't have the car keys!
oldtimer wrote:
Massena Rescue should pay another EMT themselves. Forget Seaway Valley. They do transporting. Massena rescue needs hire their own! It could be one of your Massena families waiting for an ambulance.
Proud Massena MEDIC

Liverpool, NY

#3 Jun 30, 2009
Massena rescue will have another AEMT working in the next couple of months. The bugs are being ironed out of the pay/benefits package.
spock

Massena, NY

#4 Jul 1, 2009
Massena Rescue does a great job. Perhaps if the people on welfare did not continually summon Massena Rescue for the most trivial of ailments then they would be more readily avilable for needier patients.
spock

Dallas, TX

#5 Jul 2, 2009
From 300.00- 800.00
resident wrote:
How much is an average ambulance ride to the hospital when the insurance pays? How many are there a year? Insurance does get billed this is a fact! The rescue squad is financed through taxpayers also. Shouldn't taxpayers get the full benefit of using the ambulance service. We have all the equipment and the building new. Why not have the use of full service. It is like having a car to look at in your driveway but not being able to drive in because you don't have the car keys! <quoted text>
spock

Dallas, TX

#6 Jul 2, 2009
massena rescue runs over 1000 calls a year. Massena also helps out other units. Remember massena does soft billing so they only take what insurence pays. Seaway valley does hard billing so if you lived 5 houses from the hospital and seaway picked you up and gave you a bill for $800.00 the person has to pay the $800.00 or be turned over to collection. so on that note F*** You Phil Brown
resident wrote:
How much is an average ambulance ride to the hospital when the insurance pays? How many are there a year? Insurance does get billed this is a fact! The rescue squad is financed through taxpayers also. Shouldn't taxpayers get the full benefit of using the ambulance service. We have all the equipment and the building new. Why not have the use of full service. It is like having a car to look at in your driveway but not being able to drive in because you don't have the car keys! <quoted text>
FlyFireFighter

Nedrow, NY

#7 Jul 14, 2009
What a joke... Massena Rescue has put them selves in the position that they are in but making the rescue squad some kind of "club house". I was an associate member there, and was kicked out "because I was not active" I work full time, and part time... I donít have lots of time. I joined as a Associate Member which means I can not vote or hold a office there, but am only required to "do a squad activity once every three months". I believe that I had been... but even if i didn't make a call... i was down there from time to time on the weekend. If there is not a call... how can I go one...? I was down there when a call went out for the nursing home, I sent 2 pages for some one else to come,(no one did) so the call went to Norfolk... THEN A CHEIF SHOWED UP TO START COOKING DINNER FOR THE CREW THAT NIGHT... AND DID NOT WANT TO GO ON THE CALL...

Massena Rescue never notified me that they expected more from me, and in fact was at the building when they had a board meeting, and voted me out... no one every spoke to me, asked if i wanted to be in or gave me a chance. I used to work full time down state as an EMT, so I have experience and I did not have any equipment from the squad so I was not tying anything up? So why would you vote some one out when you are crying for members?

Then the next month they voted out a newer member...WHO A MONTH PROIR GOT A AWARD AT THE BANQUET FOR BEING THE TOP CALL RUNNER? WTF??

He did not do anything wrong... just was not popular enough... what a joke.

Massena Rescue has no real leader ship and that is the problem. They pick and choose there calls. Any of you with scanners know this... for a "bs call" such as the nursing home or a sick call... no one will answer the radio. but 30 mins later for a "cool call" like a car accident there coming out of the wood work, twice what is needed, rolling twice the equipment necessary at high rates of speed that are not necessary. For instance, there was a MVA across from DQ a few weeks ago. Police and members on scene claimed there was no extrication needed... and the crash truck was notified of such... yet i still saw it screaming down 37 to the call putting every one around at higher risk of an accident.

Seaway answering calls for the town is not a bad idea, more citizens from the town should get more involved and see exactly what goes on at the squad and how much of this is there own doing?

WHY SHOULD THE TOWN PAY AND TAKE LIABLITY FOR AN EMT OR A FULLY STAFFED AMBULANCE WHEN THERE IS A PAID SERVICE IN TOWN THAT THE TAX PAYERS AND TOWN WOULD NOT BE LIABLY FOR???
FlyFireFighter

Nedrow, NY

#8 Jul 14, 2009
YOU CAN NOT PUT A PRICE ON THIS TYPE OF SERVICE... I WOULD RATHER PAY $1,000 TO GET A AMBULANCE THERE TO HELP A LOVED ONE, THEN HAVE A "FREE" AMBULANCE -POSSABLY- GET THERE!
spock wrote:
massena rescue runs over 1000 calls a year. Massena also helps out other units. Remember massena does soft billing so they only take what insurence pays. Seaway valley does hard billing so if you lived 5 houses from the hospital and seaway picked you up and gave you a bill for $800.00 the person has to pay the $800.00 or be turned over to collection. so on that note F*** You Phil Brown
<quoted text>
mad member

Liverpool, NY

#9 Jul 15, 2009
When a member is voted out of the Squad it is because they have not upheld there end of the Associate member agreement to the Squad, and these people are given a chance to come in front of the Board and to explain to the Board what is the problem or do they need to have time off to get there schudles fixed or is there a personal problem.
Don't say that they are not notified about this, they are sent a letter and if they fail to respond to it in the time that they are allowed to do so and that is at least 30 days. They can call or e-mail the President of the Squad and tell him there ententions of being a member. Don't go printing stuff if you have no mind to show up for training or so forth.
FlyFireFighter wrote:
YOU CAN NOT PUT A PRICE ON THIS TYPE OF SERVICE... I WOULD RATHER PAY $1,000 TO GET A AMBULANCE THERE TO HELP A LOVED ONE, THEN HAVE A "FREE" AMBULANCE -POSSABLY- GET THERE!
<quoted text>
Da Champ

Liverpool, NY

#10 Jul 15, 2009
Massena Rescue does a great job. Everyday that department gets better and better. I can imagine that it is hard to pull a full 12 hours of duty and run extra calls, plus have a regular life on the side. I like most in this town are thankful of the FREE SERVICE they provide for everyone. Also Massena Rescue has picked up the slack of Seaway Valley, when they stopped doing Nursing home call, due to lack of employees. People forget that. Now they have a crew ready to steel , I mean help out Massena rescue. I wounder why they have not taken back the nursing home calls.
MrBoston

Liverpool, NY

#11 Jul 15, 2009
The fact remains, members of Massena Rescue have more heart in ONE member, than seaway valleys entire operation. We do for FREE, what you have to pay the "employees" of seaway valley to do. We are the ones running to car crashes, and difficulty breathing calls at three oclock in the morning, NOT seaway. As a member of Massena Rescue, i would also like to point out, that even though we could use members, we dont need people who do not pull their weight. Massena Rescue runs like a well oiled machine, when all the parts work together.
member one

Nedrow, NY

#12 Jul 15, 2009
I am a 20 something female on the squad. i have had lots of fun times on the squad. I have had great memories. It is a cool place to volunteer at night we watch movies and eat and hang out till we get a call. Its a great place to meet friends. And a great place to get away from your parents. It is amazing how many of us young people put our time in down their. Their are about 6 or more of us young people down their. I think more teens should put their names in to help the comunity out.
FLYfirefighter

Nedrow, NY

#13 Jul 15, 2009
Sure.. if you say so. I never was notified at all. If I would have been notified, I would have addressed it. IF i was given a notice, and did not respond to it WHY would none of the officers question my intent when I was at the banquet weeks prior, and AT THE BUILDING the day i got kicked out. Why would none of the officers or board members who said hi to me on there way in, such as patti or tommy not ask me why i was there, or if i knew that they were kicking me out. there should be "implied ententions" of me wishing to be a member by spending time there, responding to calls, driving the ambulance in the prade and if there were any questions about my ententions why were they not PERSONALY adressed to me....anyone who claims to have contacted me in a BOLD FACE LIAR, and futher more no one had ever said anything to me weeks prior when they saw me down there. I would asume that the squad would have had to have me in "poor standing" at that time.

and what about the other memeber that was voted out?

whatever MADMEMBER. maybe you should try and become a INFROMED MEMEBER!

mad member wrote:
When a member is voted out of the Squad it is because they have not upheld there end of the Associate member agreement to the Squad, and these people are given a chance to come in front of the Board and to explain to the Board what is the problem or do they need to have time off to get there schudles fixed or is there a personal problem.
Don't say that they are not notified about this, they are sent a letter and if they fail to respond to it in the time that they are allowed to do so and that is at least 30 days. They can call or e-mail the President of the Squad and tell him there ententions of being a member. Don't go printing stuff if you have no mind to show up for training or so forth.
<quoted text>
FLYfirefighter

Nedrow, NY

#14 Jul 15, 2009
Sure.
MrBoston wrote:
The fact remains, members of Massena Rescue have more heart in ONE member, than seaway valleys entire operation. We do for FREE, what you have to pay the "employees" of seaway valley to do. We are the ones running to car crashes, and difficulty breathing calls at three oclock in the morning, NOT seaway. As a member of Massena Rescue, i would also like to point out, that even though we could use members, we dont need people who do not pull their weight. Massena Rescue runs like a well oiled machine, when all the parts work together.
FLYfirefighter

Nedrow, NY

#15 Jul 15, 2009
IF you are FREE..... why is there a BILLING DEPARTMENT? meat head
Da Champ wrote:
Massena Rescue does a great job. Everyday that department gets better and better. I can imagine that it is hard to pull a full 12 hours of duty and run extra calls, plus have a regular life on the side. I like most in this town are thankful of the FREE SERVICE they provide for everyone. Also Massena Rescue has picked up the slack of Seaway Valley, when they stopped doing Nursing home call, due to lack of employees. People forget that. Now they have a crew ready to steel , I mean help out Massena rescue. I wounder why they have not taken back the nursing home calls.
hotbox

Nedrow, NY

#16 Jul 15, 2009
i meant "Informed Member..."
FLYfirefighter wrote:
Sure.. if you say so. I never was notified at all. If I would have been notified, I would have addressed it. IF i was given a notice, and did not respond to it WHY would none of the officers question my intent when I was at the banquet weeks prior, and AT THE BUILDING the day i got kicked out. Why would none of the officers or board members who said hi to me on there way in, such as patti or tommy not ask me why i was there, or if i knew that they were kicking me out. there should be "implied ententions" of me wishing to be a member by spending time there, responding to calls, driving the ambulance in the prade and if there were any questions about my ententions why were they not PERSONALY adressed to me....anyone who claims to have contacted me in a BOLD FACE LIAR, and futher more no one had ever said anything to me weeks prior when they saw me down there. I would asume that the squad would have had to have me in "poor standing" at that time.
and what about the other memeber that was voted out?
whatever MADMEMBER. maybe you should try and become a INFROMED MEMEBER!
<quoted text>
hummer

Utica, NY

#17 Jul 15, 2009
Poop is good.
sva-842

Nedrow, NY

#18 Jul 15, 2009
poop.. do you mean massena resq?
Massena Medic

Liverpool, NY

#19 Jul 17, 2009
FlyFireFighter wrote:
What a joke... Massena Rescue has put them selves in the position that they are in but making the rescue squad some kind of "club house". I was an associate member there, and was kicked out "because I was not active" I work full time, and part time... I donít have lots of time. I joined as a Associate Member which means I can not vote or hold a office there, but am only required to "do a squad activity once every three months". I believe that I had been... but even if i didn't make a call... i was down there from time to time on the weekend. If there is not a call... how can I go one...? I was down there when a call went out for the nursing home, I sent 2 pages for some one else to come,(no one did) so the call went to Norfolk... THEN A CHEIF SHOWED UP TO START COOKING DINNER FOR THE CREW THAT NIGHT... AND DID NOT WANT TO GO ON THE CALL...
Massena Rescue never notified me that they expected more from me, and in fact was at the building when they had a board meeting, and voted me out... no one every spoke to me, asked if i wanted to be in or gave me a chance. I used to work full time down state as an EMT, so I have experience and I did not have any equipment from the squad so I was not tying anything up? So why would you vote some one out when you are crying for members?
Then the next month they voted out a newer member...WHO A MONTH PROIR GOT A AWARD AT THE BANQUET FOR BEING THE TOP CALL RUNNER? WTF??
He did not do anything wrong... just was not popular enough... what a joke.
Massena Rescue has no real leader ship and that is the problem. They pick and choose there calls. Any of you with scanners know this... for a "bs call" such as the nursing home or a sick call... no one will answer the radio. but 30 mins later for a "cool call" like a car accident there coming out of the wood work, twice what is needed, rolling twice the equipment necessary at high rates of speed that are not necessary. For instance, there was a MVA across from DQ a few weeks ago. Police and members on scene claimed there was no extrication needed... and the crash truck was notified of such... yet i still saw it screaming down 37 to the call putting every one around at higher risk of an accident.
Seaway answering calls for the town is not a bad idea, more citizens from the town should get more involved and see exactly what goes on at the squad and how much of this is there own doing?
WHY SHOULD THE TOWN PAY AND TAKE LIABLITY FOR AN EMT OR A FULLY STAFFED AMBULANCE WHEN THERE IS A PAID SERVICE IN TOWN THAT THE TAX PAYERS AND TOWN WOULD NOT BE LIABLY FOR???
sorry your so disgruntled, you brought it on yourself,as for the other member that did suck he was a good guy, seaway contract forget it we can us $ 50,000 to pay our own medics and all proceeds from SOFT billing will go back into squad funds and Seaway is partially to blame as we picked up all their slack when they were not operating ,even the routine non emergency nursing home calls, and the couty 911 dispatchers keep us in check. who keeps sva in check? this accident you mention yes it was radioed that extrication was not needed, however if you were listening they also said if under way continue to assist ambulance crew.so stop bashing the squad and stop your whining , you would still be with them if you ran a call or 2 once in a while!
Massena Medic

Liverpool, NY

#20 Jul 17, 2009
Oh And For the record the tax Payers do not pay a thing for the operation of The Massena rscue Squad,it is self supportive now but still owned by the town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Massena residents question use of town land for... 1 hr corruption runs deep 14
Motorcycle accident 8 hr Lady 3
alcoa to cease all operations in 2018 (Aug '13) Sat closed 157
Drink lemon water in AM. Does it help diabetics? Jun 20 DrOfRealScience 9
dump trump Jun 19 Welfies 41
Sharks in the St. Lawrence River (Oct '10) Jun 18 sex offender 49
Key Bank check cashing fees are rediculous (Jul '11) Jun 17 thunderball 40

Massena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massena Mortgages