MCS Administation Takes a Trip

Posted in the Massena Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Plinko

West Monroe, NY

#1 Jul 6, 2010
Yes it is that time of the year when Roger Clough takes his flunkies on a tax payer funded trip. Last year he treated his staff to Niagara Falls. $10,000.00 well spent for our poster boy and the gang. This year it's off to Boston for a ball game, drinks and a steak. Let's just call it staff development. Better not refuse the offer or else it's of to Alt. Ed. we go......
WTF

Saranac Lake, NY

#2 Jul 6, 2010
damn i wish i could go. where do i sign up?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#3 Jul 6, 2010
Plinko wrote:
Yes it is that time of the year when Roger Clough takes his flunkies on a tax payer funded trip. Last year he treated his staff to Niagara Falls.$10,000.00 well spent for our poster boy and the gang. This year it's off to Boston for a ball game, drinks and a steak. Let's just call it staff development. Better not refuse the offer or else it's of to Alt. Ed. we go......
Its summer break, maybe this trip is on the taxpayers dollars, but at least its not while school is in session!!
atleast you have a job

Ithaca, NY

#4 Jul 7, 2010
I am so sick of hearing about this. Let me tell you I am a senior at Suny Potsdam, working on my elementary Education degree. When I graduate Im not even gonna have a job, with all the layoffs of teachers in the papers everyday, theres no way I will be hired. But yet these teachers want to fight over being sent to a different classroom. Trust me I would gladly wear your shoes on my feet. And in the end who really cares what you want, its not about you, its about the students and the education that they recieve. Plus why would you want to stay in the same grade the whole time anyway? Why dont you take the experience as a way to refresh yourself and start giving 110% again. If you truly are a good teacher, if you implement the effective teaching model, if you develop ways to make those students want to be in your classroom and want to learn then your gonna be fine and your gonna be doing what your supposed to be doing, TEACHING. If your making a joke about being sent to alt. education, you should be ashamed. Those students are the ones that need caring teachers and the help the most. Teachers never stop learning, their constantly learning new techniques, new ways to reach students, it has nothing to do with memorizing subject matter, so if you are mad about going to a different grade level, because you think you are an expert in the one you are in now, you are sadly mistaken.
Taxpayer

New York, NY

#5 Jul 7, 2010
Going on a " field trip" has nothing to do with teachers changing positions. As a taxpayer I do not agree with Rog taking the good ole boy gang anywhere . Lay off teachers then go to Boston?? Honestly, are people defending this? The only reasonable explanation would be, they are picking up suitcases of money. Absolutly no other explanation or excuse makes any sense in these rough economic times.
Nice

Utica, NY

#6 Jul 7, 2010
_BELLA_ wrote:
<quoted text>Its summer break, maybe this trip is on the taxpayers dollars, but at least its not while school is in session!!
Must be a Roger suck ass speaking!!! If this is on the taxpayers then the board, super, and admin all should be fired and arrested. Maybe a phone call to the paper would help sort this out. VOTE EVERY BOARD MEMBER OUT!!!
Plinko

Massena, NY

#7 Jul 7, 2010
atleast you have a job wrote:
I am so sick of hearing about this. Let me tell you I am a senior at Suny Potsdam, working on my elementary Education degree. When I graduate Im not even gonna have a job, with all the layoffs of teachers in the papers everyday, theres no way I will be hired. But yet these teachers want to fight over being sent to a different classroom. Trust me I would gladly wear your shoes on my feet. And in the end who really cares what you want, its not about you, its about the students and the education that they recieve. Plus why would you want to stay in the same grade the whole time anyway? Why dont you take the experience as a way to refresh yourself and start giving 110% again. If you truly are a good teacher, if you implement the effective teaching model, if you develop ways to make those students want to be in your classroom and want to learn then your gonna be fine and your gonna be doing what your supposed to be doing, TEACHING. If your making a joke about being sent to alt. education, you should be ashamed. Those students are the ones that need caring teachers and the help the most. Teachers never stop learning, their constantly learning new techniques, new ways to reach students, it has nothing to do with memorizing subject matter, so if you are mad about going to a different grade level, because you think you are an expert in the one you are in now, you are sadly mistaken.
Yes, a Calc. teacher is truley needed in Alt. Ed. Calc. is what will focus those kids in this program. Perhaps after you get a job and some time has gone by your opinion will change. With any luck you will be in the favored group and hopefully your opinions will be the same as the Aministrtion or else it's off to some other position. Oh, and by the way I am not a teacher, rather a lowly tax payer. So, I am entitled to my opinion. Additionally, this was about the fact the District is spending several thousand dollars on a trip when they just laid off dozens of positions. I would think someone as educated as yourself would have picked up on the main topic of my original comments. Perhaps SUNY Potsdam no longer provides a quality education as when I earned my degrees.
Vitamin D

Long Eddy, NY

#8 Jul 7, 2010
PLINKO- Educate yourself- IT isn't a CALC teacher that was moved to alt ed., it was a MATH teacher. That means they are educated in all areas of math grades 7-12...they should be qualified to teach those levels. The Boston trip you're referring to isn't paid for by tax payers, it is grant-funded and part of the education of administrators. It must be nice to sit in your computer chair and comment on things you are obviously uninformed about. Get the facts and then write. Did you call the MCS district office and ask about the trip? Obviously you have some vendetta regarding Roger Clough...because your comments are based on town gossip, not the truth.
Vitamin D

Long Eddy, NY

#9 Jul 7, 2010
Hey NICE!!! Run for school board you BIG mouth!!! YOu're so smart-get your facts straight!!!!!!!!!!
wow

Syracuse, NY

#10 Jul 7, 2010
I agree with Vitamin D...all you people think you know the facts and you don't. I don't have anymore inside information than you, however I have been told that the trip was grant-funded and therefore it is NOTHING with OUR taxes. Its ironic that we are constantly bitching about the lack of experience/professional mannerisms of our administrators, yet when they attend professional development opportunities, we are quick to jump down the throat of the superintendent Roger and those involved in the trip.
Plinko

Massena, NY

#11 Jul 7, 2010
Vitamin D wrote:
PLINKO- Educate yourself- IT isn't a CALC teacher that was moved to alt ed., it was a MATH teacher. That means they are educated in all areas of math grades 7-12...they should be qualified to teach those levels. The Boston trip you're referring to isn't paid for by tax payers, it is grant-funded and part of the education of administrators. It must be nice to sit in your computer chair and comment on things you are obviously uninformed about. Get the facts and then write. Did you call the MCS district office and ask about the trip? Obviously you have some vendetta regarding Roger Clough...because your comments are based on town gossip, not the truth.
Grant funded must mean it magically appears like the early morning mist. The money comes from taxes, plain and simple. Oh, and no I have nothing against Mr. Clough. In time he will mature into a fine Sup. Right now he is still in the learning stage. This is something that should have been voted down by the school board. As a counter to your vendetta argument obviously you blindly follow, much like a lemming.
DBrasco

Massena, NY

#12 Jul 7, 2010
This argument that it is grant funded can only last so long. It was used to push through the field of dreams football field. Zero impact to the MCS taxpayers, yet the money came from a larger tax base so it is our tax dollars being spent. This same flawed argument can be applied to these trips. It is our tax monies. This should have been shelved until a year goes by where we do not eliminate positions and lay people off. Additionally, personel changes/moves should have been discussed with the union. This would have stifled discontent. And, no I do not dislike Mr. Clough, Vitamin D. This is my opinion nothing more.
NYAF

Ithaca, NY

#13 Jul 7, 2010
Is this corruption in govt ? If so its fairly wide-spread, if not, im just naive. Or is it just another politically motivated attack, that continues the cycle of corruption changing hands....to the victor belong the spoils.
Taxpayer

San Mateo, CA

#14 Jul 7, 2010
Professional development opportunities!! You have got to be kidding!! I also have attended such trainings. All the" development" started after the speakers and scheduled workshops were done. There is a college that specializes in educating teachers 20 miles away, go develop your skills there.
atleast they have a job

Ithaca, NY

#15 Jul 7, 2010
Plinko wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, a Calc. teacher is truley needed in Alt. Ed. Calc. is what will focus those kids in this program. Perhaps after you get a job and some time has gone by your opinion will change. With any luck you will be in the favored group and hopefully your opinions will be the same as the Aministrtion or else it's off to some other position. Oh, and by the way I am not a teacher, rather a lowly tax payer. So, I am entitled to my opinion. Additionally, this was about the fact the District is spending several thousand dollars on a trip when they just laid off dozens of positions. I would think someone as educated as yourself would have picked up on the main topic of my original comments. Perhaps SUNY Potsdam no longer provides a quality education as when I earned my degrees.
I did. Your original comments referenced the teachers being moved to alt. education. Perhaps with the degree you "say" you earned wou could have picked up on the cross reference. Students in alt. education also learn mathematics, he is able to teach any level of math at the jr high level, not only calculus. And yes, while you are entiled to an opinion your are not entiled to start rumors. Where is your proof that it is the tax payers dollars being used? Maybe you were included on this trip to have so much information on it, as to how it was paid for. Perhaps you didnt recieve enough out of your education to realize the difference between the truth and slandering someone's name. If you have a problem with the district I advise you to attend the school meetings, as I have done so, instead of relaying incorrect information on a forum, while hiding behind your computer.

laidoffgm

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#16 Jul 7, 2010
let these hard working teachers get a break---alot of rumors about what goes on at these trips if youre interested in hearing some facts. real juicy stuff about who was caught doing what.
laidoffgm

Utica, NY

#17 Jul 9, 2010
Vitamin D wrote:
Dear retard, yes you are one...IT IS FUNDED BY TAXPAYERS STUPID!!! Don't think for one minute that this trip is nothing but a drunk fest. You must be one of the suck asses who didn't get transfered and is trying to protect our position any way possible. Where are you Bob Beckstead when we need this exposed to the public. Boy, do I feel bad for the board, super, and the followers in another 2 years.. LOOK OUT!!!
kraye

Utica, NY

#18 Jul 9, 2010
Taxpayer or Grant funded ...... it is still coming from taxpapers pockets.
Vitamin D wrote:
just reading

Saranac Lake, NY

#19 Jul 9, 2010
whether our wonderful astro turf football field is grant funded or not, it's going to be up to us the tax payers to continue the upkeep of the field which is avergaed to be done every 2 years. Also, if we keep making cuts in the school budget, won't sports be one of the next hings to go? so what good is an stro turf field without a team to play on it? Also, other high school and semi pro fields are going back to original dirt fields due to the amount of injuries on astro turf. I just hink that our Mr.clough is very young for the responsibiliy of the position he is in. And yes difficult decisions need to be made everyday, but he's making our whole school board look stupid by crating this wonderful multi million dollar field then letting go of numerous teaching positions and continually cutting out things from our budget. Maybe he should have been looking into grants for school supplies and salaries rather than a footbal field.
just reading

Saranac Lake, NY

#20 Jul 9, 2010
please excuse the typos in my entry above :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Country Broadband activates fiber to home... 2 hr How much 6
John D Michaud III for Town Historian (Feb '12) 7 hr Build the wall 65
News Currier explains descision behind Working Famil... (Jul '14) Nov 22 cops run business... 7
Donald Trump Thinking of running for President! (Oct '10) Nov 21 Mexicant 18
Massena Humane Society Nov 21 ASPCA 6
mmh (Jan '17) Nov 21 Hmm 33
News Massena woman third to plead guilty in August s... Nov 19 smoke pills everyday 1

Massena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massena Mortgages