New York Primary Election Sept 14: Wi...

New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,769 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

BlackOnBlackCrim e

Walpole, MA

#9437 Sep 4, 2012
Ill be voting to put WHITE back in the WHITE house
Really

Burbank, CA

#9438 Sep 4, 2012
BlackOnBlackCrime wrote:
Ill be voting to put WHITE back in the WHITE house
Not all republicans are racist, but if your racist your most likely republican...and a terrible human being
Dick Gozenya

Paradise Valley, AZ

#9439 Sep 4, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all republicans are racist, but if your racist your most likely republican...and a terrible human being
Obama's the racist...you're to stupid to see it.
Really

Burbank, CA

#9440 Sep 4, 2012
Dick Gozenya wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's the racist...you're to stupid to see it.
.......sorry I'm recovering from the stupid I just read.......ok now I'm curious......how is he racist?
old time citizen

Rochester, NY

#9441 Sep 4, 2012
A Morman President, and a Catholic vice President....

Guess the funding for pro choice and the LGBT community will be on the decline.... after all A President and vice president with those religous backgrounds would never in a million years dissapoint thier fellow Church goers.
Really

Burbank, CA

#9442 Sep 4, 2012
old time citizen wrote:
A Morman President, and a Catholic vice President....
Guess the funding for pro choice and the LGBT community will be on the decline.... after all A President and vice president with those religous backgrounds would never in a million years dissapoint thier fellow Church goers.
Yea and maybe romney will fund the next nasa mission to the mormon planet of kolob (look it up real). Or maybe a s scientific study of the magic mormon seer stones (look it up, real).
Reality Check

Bronx, NY

#9443 Sep 5, 2012
Michelle Obama...

Best line: Success isn't how much money you make but how much of a difference you make in people's lives.

HD video link:
Reality Check

Bronx, NY

#9444 Sep 5, 2012
My personal favorite was a line about not walking through a door of opportunity and then slamming it shut on those coming after you. Walking through a door of opportunity and then slamming it shut is a jab at Ryan. After all, He's the one whose education was paid for through social security benefits after his father passed away and is trying to slam that door shut on others via his budget. Romney was born into wealth, and wants to help support the door of opportunity he walked through, but by tearing down other doors to make his a double-wide.
"We learned about honesty and integrity. That the truth matters." The fact that simply acknowledging the value of honesty and integrity is now considered a direct attack against Mitt Romney speaks volumes about how damaging this campaign has been to his credibility. Hint to the GOP: If you feel in any way compelled to rebut the statement, "The truth matters," well then that should be a strong indication that you're going about this election the wrong way.

http://www.npr.org/2012/09/04/160578836/trans...
Reality Check

Bronx, NY

#9445 Sep 5, 2012
If you want to see how horribly blind ideology has destroyed people who hate Michelle, pay attention to the letter's to the editor and comment sections in papers when the new school lunch program is discussed. They made it a law that kids have to be offered fresh fruit or veggies with every lunch. Some parents, I swear to god, are saying that because Michelle is forcing their kids to eat a healthy lunch, they have instructed the kids to throw all the fresh fruits and veggies away. They are livid that the school lunches we have been fighting for since my 25 year old was in kindergarten are finally here, because it's Michelle's doing.
It is honestly one of the scariest things I have heard parents say. They literally hate Michelle more than they love their kids. They argue "My kid doesn't like fresh fruit and veggies" so wtf have you been feeding them their whole life before now? Fuck Sarah Palin - for so many reasons, but not the least of which was making fun of and actively trying to subvert Michelle's food programs for kids.
Reality Check

Bronx, NY

#9446 Sep 5, 2012
What we need to do is not only re-elect Barack Obama, but unseat as many Congressional obstructionists as possible. Many of these Republicans aren't just "obstructionists", the are saboteurs. They have been actively sabotaging the economic recovery in order to improve their odds in November.
Reality Check

Bronx, NY

#9447 Sep 5, 2012
I LOVE YOU WOMEN!!!
Did you know that my husband Mitt Romney hired, and cared about women? I'm going to tell you this now, before he spends two minutes talking about it himself. And Gosh, Neil Armstrong... what an inspiring person; he built it, and couldn't have done it if a Democrat was president, trying to strangle is small-business know-how. And wasn't it great to hear from all of those small business people who in no way benefited from federal startup grants that we're trying to kill?
She used an ironing board as a coffee table...so inspirational...I wonder if anyone bought that bullshit. Anyone who sells stock to make it by doesn't eat off of a fucking ironing board.
It's the difference between someone who actually did rise up from the middle class and someone whose 'hard times' was her husband having to 'sell some stock' to make ends meet while he went without a job.
Chuck

Bronx, NY

#9448 Sep 5, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
My personal favorite was a line about not walking through a door of opportunity and then slamming it shut on those coming after you. Walking through a door of opportunity and then slamming it shut is a jab at Ryan. After all, He's the one whose education was paid for through social security benefits after his father passed away and is trying to slam that door shut on others via his budget. Romney was born into wealth, and wants to help support the door of opportunity he walked through, but by tearing down other doors to make his a double-wide.
"We learned about honesty and integrity. That the truth matters." The fact that simply acknowledging the value of honesty and integrity is now considered a direct attack against Mitt Romney speaks volumes about how damaging this campaign has been to his credibility. Hint to the GOP: If you feel in any way compelled to rebut the statement, "The truth matters," well then that should be a strong indication that you're going about this election the wrong way.
http://www.npr.org/2012/09/04/160578836/trans...
She wrote it herself and it was amazing. Mark Shields, a political commentator on PBS called it genius because not once did she mention Mitt Romneys name, but the compare and contrast between the Obamas and the Romneys was so stark and obvious. One of the best political speeches I've ever seen.
democrat

Ithaca, NY

#9449 Sep 5, 2012
Look what we have here is obama haters,plain and simple.They claimm they are ind.,yet tell people to hold their nose and vote for Romney,they are in the tank for the repukes and always will be.They just continue with this,I'm an ind. charade.Dems have the same problem,man up and pick your side and be proud of it.Don't tell me you are an ind. when you ignore all the lies the repukes put out and believe them as gospel.Gimme a break,be a man and admit you are a repuke,I'm a dem and proud of it,I dont hide behind a phony charade.
Really

Cicero, NY

#9450 Sep 5, 2012
How did Obama finance his college years? Oh thats right we don't know, his college records are sealed. Maybe he got a scholarship as a foreign student?
Democrats LIE

Cicero, NY

#9451 Sep 5, 2012
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.)

Reid uses a variation of a line that once earned the Obama campaign Three Pinocchios.

Romney certainly made a lot of money in 2010 —$21.7 million, according to his tax return — and yet his tax rate was about 13.9 percent. As we have noted before, he achieves this rate because much of his income is treated as capital gains and dividends, which are taxed at a preferential rate of 15 percent, and because he donates about 14 percent of his income to charity.

But most of Romney’s taxes are federal income taxes. He pays relatively little in payroll taxes because the 6.2 percent Social Security tax maxes out once you earn a certain amount —$110,100 in 2012. Romney in effect earns that much by Jan. 3.

For most Americans, payroll taxes are the biggest tax item.(And that’s not even including the share paid by employers. Most economists say employers pay for payroll taxes by cutting their employees’ wages.)

People often confuse marginal tax rates with effective tax rates. Marginal rates are what you pay on each additional dollar of income, so that can be as high as 35 percent. The effective tax rate is the percentage of taxes you pay after deductions, adjustments and the like.

For all the rhetoric about high taxes in the United States, most Americans pay a relatively small percentage of their income in taxes. Romney had an effective rate of 13.9 percent in 2010 and 15.4 percent in 2011. That gives him a higher rate than 80 percent of taxpayers if only taxes on a tax return are counted and puts him just about in the middle of all taxpayers if payroll taxes paid by employers are included.
Democrats LIE

Cicero, NY

#9452 Sep 5, 2012
Democratic Platform Endorses Taxpayer-Funded Abortions
And the Democratic party doesn't want to make abortions "rare."
just asking

United States

#9453 Sep 5, 2012
Did anybody believe Michelle's lies? Her husband got his education and every penny he earned from the taxpayers yet she made fun of Paul Ryan losing his father at 16 years old. How pathetic is that?
philisophical Phil

United States

#9454 Sep 5, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
She wrote it herself and it was amazing. Mark Shields, a political commentator on PBS called it genius because not once did she mention Mitt Romneys name, but the compare and contrast between the Obamas and the Romneys was so stark and obvious. One of the best political speeches I've ever seen.
The speech is one I've already heard before. Is she that lizy that she just adds a couple phrase and minor changes to a fricken fundraising speech? The speech was all about Gov. and did you notice neither her or Obama ever mentioned working way through college. Both poor and goes to Harvard and not working and piling debt? Those were their choices....they didn't have to go to Harvard and could have chose a more affordable school and worked way through like millions do. Why set example of no work ethic and piling on debt and looking to Gov to solve all your problems? Pathetic and dispicable!
democrat

United States

#9455 Sep 5, 2012
I was insulted by the Michelle Obama sppech of lies. For almost 4 years her husband has done nothing except break every promise of 2008. Ou can put a fancy dress on a lisr but she is still a liar.y
BEER BEER BEER

New York, NY

#9456 Sep 5, 2012
'Party in the House Tonight'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boys and Girls Club (Sep '15) Thu Trump 16
News Massena Boys & Girls Club program director char... Thu Trump 7
News Incumbent Massena Town Supervisor issues last-m... Thu Truth Speaker 14
News Officials cut ribbon to new clubhouse geared to... Wed learn to speak ru... 2
bed bugs Nov 14 Ogdensburg Housing 5
Massena Humane Society Nov 14 Try 5
Rez Nov 9 nosey is as nosey... 8

Massena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massena Mortgages