Ok so I am wondering about landlords ...

Ok so I am wondering about landlords here in Massena

Posted in the Massena Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
InMassenaInUnder ware

Tupper Lake, NY

#1 Mar 18, 2010
So who are some of teh worst landlords here in Massena and why? Who are some of the best, again why? I am looking to rent here and want to steer clear of the jerks and the slumlords. Any help would rock!!!
Pot -sdam-heads

Tupper Lake, NY

#2 Mar 18, 2010
Danny O'keefe. Slumlord. Expects rent, doesnt fix stuff. Scumbag.
loooossssssers

New York, NY

#3 Mar 18, 2010
you can tell by the junk when you look at them i keep rent high so keeps most of the rift away but they stile look an try any way
News Watcher

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Mar 18, 2010
Dave Seguin is a slumlord.
Heywood Jablomy

Ithaca, NY

#5 Mar 18, 2010
Rent from Ed Clary if you want a landlord that has no clue about what he is doing. You can draw him a flowchart and a map as to what you need from him and he will totally forget what the hell your name is halfway through the conversation. He'll call you and bitch about things that aren't even at your apartment because he has no idea who he is talking to.

The best part? He'll rent to people who he knows cause trouble (even though he's a town cop) and only does it for the money. He will take money from alcoholic/drug addict residents before he considers the safety of families living in his apartments. I don't know how this assclown ever made it into any kind of public position.
loOOOSSSSsser

Brasher Falls, NY

#6 Mar 18, 2010
loooossssssers wrote:
you can tell by the junk when you look at them i keep rent high so keeps most of the rift away but they stile look an try any way
You don't own any property or rentels, only do when your sleeping and dreaming.
Nancy

East Syracuse, NY

#7 Mar 19, 2010
Do not rent from Alan Derouchie. My daughter did, and when she moved out, he refused to return her $350 security deposit, with no good reason. She took him to small claims court, and the judge found in her favor. Alan was court ordered to pay her the money. He still has not paid it back. My daughter even went so far as to go through Canton to get his wages garnished. He refuses still to follow court orders!!
Pat Smith

Utica, NY

#8 Mar 19, 2010
Pat Smith is also another person you don't want to rent from. He's currently being investigated by the IRS because that's how dishonest he is. He won't fix anything in your house or apartment. And will be all over you about paying the rent. Watch out for his wandering eye.....and his wandering hands.....he'll hit on ya if you're the least bit attractive....and he'll still hit on ya if you're not. the man's a pig....
not so stupid

Saranac Lake, NY

#9 Mar 19, 2010
InMassenaInUnderware wrote:
So who are some of teh worst landlords here in Massena and why? Who are some of the best, again why? I am looking to rent here and want to steer clear of the jerks and the slumlords. Any help would rock!!!
... Yes, generally when you find a good lanlord he is either a new one or he is very picky as to who he trusts to take care of his valuable property. The bad ones on the other hand are not really bad ones. They have allready been taught an expensive lesson by some of Massenas best and just refuses to waste any more of his hard earned money on todays younger generation that show no respect for any one, not even their self. All in a nut shell.
loooossssssers

New York, NY

#10 Mar 19, 2010
loOOOSSSSsser wrote:
<quoted text>You don't own any property or rentels, only do when your sleeping and dreaming.
lol i no what i got do you lmao
opinionated

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Mar 19, 2010
read the leases very carefully, I think that the best thing to do is look at the unit and see how it is takin care of
Hunter

New York, NY

#12 Mar 19, 2010
Most good landlords have their places filled, because they found good tenants and hung on to them by taking care of them. Good luck with your search. My tenants find me usually, by referrals from previous tenants. I am easy to get along with, answer my cell phone when you call me (yes, I give you my personal cell number), and fix things immediately if they break. I have been burned, took my lumps, and now wait to rent to the right person.
Britni

Ithaca, NY

#13 Mar 24, 2010
I wouldn't rent from the McDonalds. Donald and Cecille are their names but I think their son took over their propert. Couldn't tell you how he is. But I know that Donald is an asshole. We left our apartment in great shape and he told us we would get all of our money back. Then last minute he said he was keeping 100 for it because he mopped the floor. We were great tenants...always paid on time and left everything as we found it. Everything was well kept. He just wanted to take advantage because we were a young couple.
I would also stay away from Larry Wallace. He might have nice apartments, but when we went to look at one, we told him we were interested. I called and called for 3 weeks. He could have just said no if he didn't want us to live there. Instead he would call and ask for our referrences and tell us he would call right back. He sounded so sure that we could move in. I called and called to see when we could move in and he never called us back. He left us hanging for 2 months....and never called. We found out he rented the apartment by driving by. Why couldn't he just have said no?
We are currently renting from Sean Thrana....I like him but his parents who manage tha apartments are dumb. Our ceiling has had a crack in it and has been leaking since December and noone will come to fix it. I can only imagine how much mold is in the dry wall. Good Luck finding someone nice to rent from.
clean machine

Ithaca, NY

#14 Jul 20, 2011
do not rent from bobby perras....found out he was a slum landlord too late....labeled a crook from others who have rented from him. latest thing is he installs coin operated washers and dryers and you have to use them....and pay water!! watch out
renter

Saranac Lake, NY

#15 Jul 20, 2011
The fregoes and the kanebs are good landlords to have, pete devine, dennis kemison, and mike kassian are not.
sittinbull

United States

#16 Jul 20, 2011
All the ones on here complaining about their past landlords are past tenats of a landlord and probably didn,t pay their rent when it was due ormake problems for themselves. Pay your rent, keep things clean without tons of garbage don,t have trashy people hanging around and you should be alright. Remenber it is not YOUR house
Get Real

Lake Placid, NY

#17 Jul 21, 2011
All the slumlords who buy up these junkie houses and don't fix anything are raking in the money from welfare. They get their check no matter what. Stop giving them the check till they clean it up. They all live like kings and don't care about the people and children who live there. You all have to do it so they start fixing up these house's or you all have to report them so the state stops sending them the checks automatically.
lol

Ithaca, NY

#18 Jul 21, 2011
i think all landlords should put all the welfare in the streets and dont give them any money onless they work for it .
lol

Ithaca, NY

#19 Jul 21, 2011
u have to many people like kim jones that let there kids wipe sh_t on the windows and dont clean it up after them.so now should the landlord have to go and clean that mess after her?
Hunter

Ithaca, NY

#20 Jul 21, 2011
I don't see many landlords "living like kings". I know I never did! My tenants always had bigger TV's than me, nice video game systems, etc... I must be doing something wrong. Take my advise...NEVER become a landlord. Not worth the headaches, even with great tenants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's Not An Animal Problem; It's A People Problem (Jun '12) 3 hr sylvia 374
Speeding ticket on the rez 14 hr Ken smith 18
the new massena 16 hr Who cares 8
News Mayor urges public attendance at coalition meet... 17 hr Disgusted 1
Who does good Construction wok in Massena (Jan '12) Mon Hard working citi... 65
News Man charged with burglary in Stockholm Mon Hard working citi... 1
Well Know Radio Personality Mon Sickos 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massena Mortgages