RN at MMH busted for stealing drugs
gamer

Ithaca, NY

#21 Jan 26, 2012
what now wrote:
Breaking news. Emergency Room RN April L. Lamberton arrested for Felony falsifying business records and misdeamenor petty larceny for stealing drygs from the Hospital Pharmacy. Cops...Nurses...who's next? A teacher or two?
If you don't think there are teachers that suffer from a chemical dependency then I believe that you are having a "pipe" dream yourself! It can ruin any professional career.
fart

Ithaca, NY

#22 Jan 27, 2012

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#23 Jan 27, 2012
While this girl may be a nice person who's supposedly a good nurse, the fact is...SHE IS A NURSE!!!! She works in the medical profession where she knows more than the average "Joe" about prescriptions and how highly addictive they are. I can't believe people are saying how this poor girl needs help, when they were the same people looking to crucify the 2 cops with addictions. I feel bad for all of them, but I hope I never see her in an ER where I or any of my family have to go.....
we r all people first

Syracuse, NY

#24 Jan 27, 2012
he without sin throw the 1st stone., maybe all of medicaid should have a piss test before they get their hard working taxpayers checks... if U dont' work... starve. shut the hell up, unless you can make a positive difference in the community. we're all people 1st... just remeber that before you get on your ignorant/arrogant tantrum... dum dum!
matthew

Saranac Lake, NY

#25 Jan 27, 2012
It's been estimated that as many as 25% of the people who work in hospitals are addicts, and get their fix from the left overs in a syringe or bottle. Havent you watched House? These people have degrees so their more creative when it comes to getting their fix
help our town

Ithaca, NY

#26 Jan 27, 2012
If she truly had pain then her doctor would prescribe them for her , she should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law , If she took someones pills and said she dispensed them for the patient , that patient could get very ill or even die , are these the people we want working at our hospital , It could be your loved one going without meds that they need to live!
addict

Ithaca, NY

#27 Jan 27, 2012
I never said this woman should not be prosecuted for what she did. She broke the law, and the appropriate punishment should be handed down. I never once posted on the thread about the police officer, but I also feel that he should be punished for his offense just like any other person caught drinking and driving. All I said was that I hope that she gets help, and also every other addict who is still suffering, no matter what social strata they belong to, I hope they can get help. The end result of addiction is always the same...jail, institutions, or death. The only way to halt the progression is to stop using and get help. Everyone deserves help. With help, these addicts can once again become positive members of society.
should have known better

Brooklyn, NY

#28 Jan 27, 2012
"I do not remember how it started,(of course you don't, you were high) but I would sometimes take it home and use it instead of wasting it from a patient's order (it's called stealing from a patient) from there. I guess it got out of hand,(do ya think?") according to the 10-year hospital employee. This was a Registered Nurse, with a degree, and a state license. She was not only stealing pain killing medications from patients who needed them, and from the pharmacy, she was also stealing hypodermic needles, taking them home and injecting herself there with them. She was also using these powerful opiates while on duty in the Emergency Room no less, while treating injured or sick patients. And this went on for somewhere around six months? Not only has she destroyed her own career, but she has made every other nurse and professional at MMH look terrible as well. She is no better than the drunk who climbs into his car and gets caught red-handed at a roadblock. She would have kept on stealing medications until she was finally caught. That makes her a drug addict, a liar, a thief, and one sorry excuse for a nurse. And now she will plead that "she needs help." (Sure, because it's the only pitiable escape route she has!)Of course she needs help. Legal help. Because she has broken a number of laws that she was more than well aware of, over and over again, and she violated her oath as an RN as well. She should never be allowed near a locked pharmacy room again. I wouldn't trust her with the job of cleaning bedpans. But oh, that's right, she is a nurse. She deserves our support. No, she WAS a nurse. She threw that away the first time she stuck that needle full of morphine in her ass at the beginning of her shift to get high while saying to hell with her employer, her co-workers, and any poor smuck who limped or was carried thru the doors of the ER. God help them. How many of them suffered her malpractice because she was messed up and stoned out of her mind? Or because she was saying, "A little teeny weeny bit of Morphine for you...here ya go. The rest, well, I'll just save this for later for me." She should be fired, have her license revoked, and then if she wants treatment, let her get in line with all the pillbillys and oxycontin heads in Massena waiting patiently for a rehab bed at Detox in Potsdam and then at Hamilton Hall in Ogdensburg.
Patient

Ransomville, NY

#29 Jan 27, 2012
Outstanding
be human

Ithaca, NY

#30 Jan 27, 2012
should have known better wrote:
"I do not remember how it started,(of course you don't, you were high) but I would sometimes take it home and use it instead of wasting it from a patient's order (it's called stealing from a patient) from there. I guess it got out of hand,(do ya think?") according to the 10-year hospital employee. This was a Registered Nurse, with a degree, and a state license. She was not only stealing pain killing medications from patients who needed them, and from the pharmacy, she was also stealing hypodermic needles, taking them home and injecting herself there with them. She was also using these powerful opiates while on duty in the Emergency Room no less, while treating injured or sick patients. And this went on for somewhere around six months? Not only has she destroyed her own career, but she has made every other nurse and professional at MMH look terrible as well. She is no better than the drunk who climbs into his car and gets caught red-handed at a roadblock. She would have kept on stealing medications until she was finally caught. That makes her a drug addict, a liar, a thief, and one sorry excuse for a nurse. And now she will plead that "she needs help." (Sure, because it's the only pitiable escape route she has!)Of course she needs help. Legal help. Because she has broken a number of laws that she was more than well aware of, over and over again, and she violated her oath as an RN as well. She should never be allowed near a locked pharmacy room again. I wouldn't trust her with the job of cleaning bedpans. But oh, that's right, she is a nurse. She deserves our support. No, she WAS a nurse. She threw that away the first time she stuck that needle full of morphine in her ass at the beginning of her shift to get high while saying to hell with her employer, her co-workers, and any poor smuck who limped or was carried thru the doors of the ER. God help them. How many of them suffered her malpractice because she was messed up and stoned out of her mind? Or because she was saying, "A little teeny weeny bit of Morphine for you...here ya go. The rest, well, I'll just save this for later for me." She should be fired, have her license revoked, and then if she wants treatment, let her get in line with all the pillbillys and oxycontin heads in Massena waiting patiently for a rehab bed at Detox in Potsdam and then at Hamilton Hall in Ogdensburg.
She wasn't perfect. None of us are. She is flawed like the rest of us. If it was you or somebody you loved wouldn't you want some compassion. The whole world knows what she has done and the court's will do what they do in this situation. I'm sure she is going thru hell right now. Leave it at that. We as a society have to move on and help or elsewe allow go down together.
addict

Ithaca, NY

#31 Jan 27, 2012
I agree about having some compassion. I mean, look at how far she has fallen. She was a respected member of the community with a great paying job, benefits, the whole nine yards. Now she is a common criminal, who will be face her charges in the justice system, and will probably never again be able to work as a RN. Not to mention she is being slammed in the court of public opinion. Why judge someone who obviously is less than perfect? How perfect is your life that you would come on her and crow over the misfortunes of others? I feel badly for this woman, and I hope I see her come to the rooms where help is available. Drug abuse can happen to anyone. Your mother, grandfather, your best friend, your child...no one is immune. My thoughts today for the addict who still suffers...every single one of them. May you find peace.
Really

Lake Placid, NY

#32 Jan 27, 2012
April, get yourself taken care of and come back better then ever. We all know you can do it. You have a lot of support and a lot of people who love you. This kind of
situation happens. Don't listen to all the negative insults on here. Look for the good in this, you just took the first step in recovering. Good Luck Girl, and God Speed to your recovery!
Kate

Ithaca, NY

#33 Jan 27, 2012
It is easy for people to pass judgement on others ,without thinking of the consequences of their comments. April has a family whom are hurting very much from this problem . They are completely innocent in the whole affair and are very worried about April.There is no one among us who has not made a mistake in their life that they would give anything to change, so please be considerate when you make comments about other .God Bless you April and family my prayers are with you!
JOB POSTED

Saranac Lake, NY

#34 Jan 27, 2012
well, MMH is now LOOKING for a RN... Who needs a job.....
hey kate

Oneida, NY

#35 Jan 27, 2012
Kate wrote:
It is easy for people to pass judgement on others ,without thinking of the consequences of their comments. April has a family whom are hurting very much from this problem . They are completely innocent in the whole affair and are very worried about April.There is no one among us who has not made a mistake in their life that they would give anything to change, so please be considerate when you make comments about other .God Bless you April and family my prayers are with you!
They can't be much of a family if they didn't see the fast weight loss and the other signs of an addict. She lied, she hurt patients in her care, she stole, she needs to lose her license so no patient ever gets denied by her again!
hey kate

Oneida, NY

#36 Jan 27, 2012
be human wrote:
<quoted text>
She wasn't perfect. None of us are. She is flawed like the rest of us. If it was you or somebody you loved wouldn't you want some compassion. The whole world knows what she has done and the court's will do what they do in this situation. I'm sure she is going thru hell right now. Leave it at that. We as a society have to move on and help or elsewe allow go down together.
If it was someone you knew or loved would you want her denying pain medications so she could keep them for herself? Compassion for someone that should have known better? NO WAY!
Wow

Lake Placid, NY

#37 Jan 27, 2012
Someone on here did not get their pain meds when they went to the ER for their weekly fix. Let her alone, you did not get your drugs because you are an addict too. That is why you are so angry or you would be more compassionate. I am sick of hearing, what if it was one of your loved ones who didn't get their pain meds? Well if they were not an addict and in the ER every week they would say something or it would not matter.
crying inside

Ithaca, NY

#38 Jan 27, 2012
This whole issue is truly sad. For those of you who sit back and judge shame on you. It is easy to talk when you were not involved. I am not saying what was done was right please understand that. There are more innocent people who have and will suffer because of this event. I do not thing any type of addiction is because the person wanted to end up this way. Do you think for one min. that this was intentional? Addiction clouds your mind and seals your soul it could happen to anyone of us. But April if you read this please know there are some of us who pray for you.
Where there is life

Jersey City, NJ

#39 Jan 27, 2012
The only one who has clearly taken a first step in anything is MMH by having a thieving drug addict arrested and removed from her position as an ER nurse. It is clear this person has a number of supporters and that is all well and good. But if the truth be known, those supporters could also be well classified as enablers, too. The 1st Step of Narcotics Anonymous goes something like this, “We admitted we were powerless over drugs, and that our lives had become unmanageable.” It sounds as though one more drug addict has hit bottom, or is nearing it. Time will tell. There is a reason that the Book of Alcoholics Anonymous is bound in blue and the Book of Narcotics Anonymous is bound in black. The reason is simple. Alcoholics tend to live longer, more depressive lives, hurting more people in their slow downward spiral through the four stages of the disease of Alcoholism. They tend to function fairly well, even concealing their disease for decades from co-workers and casual friends and employers; but rarely can they conceal it from family or close personal friends. These family members and close friends become caught up in the disease and often become what is termed “enablers,” helping the alcoholic to continue to function in his/her disease while carrying on a semblance of external “normalcy.” This is why Alcoholism is often referred to as a “Family disease.” Drug Addicts on the other hand, do not do a slow spiral downward over the course of several decades. They, more often than not; although harming as many people (friends and family, co-workers, etc.) who care for them as much as those who care for alcoholics; often hide their addiction so well from them, that few, if any even suspect or know about it, until one day, (often within months of the onset of the addictive behavior) the addict does a completely unexpected, unforeseen, and uncontrollable flaming crash and burn as their life spontaneously loses a wheel or wing, and they suddenly end up in a heap of smoking human rubble unrecognizable from what they were just a few short days before. If they are lucky and survive this crash, then, and only then, are they able to take any steps at all. However, addicts are usually/typically galvanized into some sort of positive action by the death of another addict with whom they shared a common bond. That is why the Narcotics Anonymous Book is bound in black. Because of the few things on this planet that do not grow old, drug addicts are among them. If anyone wants to help this person survive; the first thing you have to do is stop feeling sorry for her. Pity will kill her. Get her into treatment and let the addicts around the tables of NA help her. The rest of you; if you love her, if you would see her live, keep your uneducated opinions to yourself. Because when you sober up a drunken horse thief; you are left with a sober horse thief. When you dry out a drugged up thieving drug addict; you are left with a thieving drug addict. And if you want her dead on YOUR doorstep, keep telling her that her life is going to be the same as it was before. Because you are wrong. And don’t make her pay with her life for your ignorant fantasy.
Educating

Saranac Lake, NY

#40 Jan 27, 2012
"instead of wasting it from a patients order"
That mean the physician ordered only part of what is in the single packaging. The remainder is to be destroyed or "wasted". This happens many times a day in a hospital.
This indicates that patients received what was ordered and medications were not with held. The nurse was taking leftovers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Car break ins around town 1 hr Welfies 12
dump trump 3 hr Welfies 23
News Town of Massena officials seeking funding to re... 5 hr Boy toy 1
News Police: Massena man jailed after traffic stop t... 5 hr Yup 1
New Coach Massena Varsity Football team? 13 hr wear red 3
Radio stations suck around here 16 hr Don 2
News Seven indicted in Massena cocaine, heroin bust Sun Cream cheese 1

Massena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massena Mortgages