50% of America on government assistance

50% of America on government assistance

Posted in the Massena Forum

Live here

Ithaca, NY

#1 Feb 9, 2012
Here is a message to all the people who think those who get government help are automatic scum. With Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Disability, HEAP, HUD, EBT, WIC, about half the US population is at the mercy of their federal or state government.
Believe me, I wish NOBODY needed government assistance. But considering the trend, people who are lucky enough to have a decent job now will most likely be in the same boat soon. Most people on government assistance work and have families. There are no living wage jobs and the predators on this site who like to label "welfare scum" should remember that they are addressing half of all Americans. They should also remember that people need to eat. Plus they should remember that they are next. Just because you were lucky to never want for anything your whole life doesn't mean that cannot change. Lots of Americans with families and college loans to pay off who can't find jobs. They never thought it could happen either.
If we keep supporting business that destroys US jobs, we will ALL be in the welfare lines.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/united-welfare-...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2 Feb 10, 2012
Live here wrote:
Here is a message to all the people who think those who get government help are automatic scum. With Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Disability, HEAP, HUD, EBT, WIC, about half the US population is at the mercy of their federal or state government.
Believe me, I wish NOBODY needed government assistance. But considering the trend, people who are lucky enough to have a decent job now will most likely be in the same boat soon. Most people on government assistance work and have families. There are no living wage jobs and the predators on this site who like to label "welfare scum" should remember that they are addressing half of all Americans. They should also remember that people need to eat. Plus they should remember that they are next. Just because you were lucky to never want for anything your whole life doesn't mean that cannot change. Lots of Americans with families and college loans to pay off who can't find jobs. They never thought it could happen either.
If we keep supporting business that destroys US jobs, we will ALL be in the welfare lines.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/united-welfare-...
I have to agree with you. Not everyone that gets some sort of goverment assistance is a piece of scum. There are some pretty low down dirty rats that receive it that do things that makes everyone who receives it look bad.
Depressed area

Watertown, NY

#3 Feb 10, 2012
You are so right. This county truly has an unemployment rate of about 20 percent but is not reported that way.No jobs and jobs that are open are min wage. Many have kids and work 2 jobs not all are scum or welfare bums.They can not make it so they get food stamps,heap some help with high rent cost and the places are disgusting.Its a place of people of haves and haves not is so high. If you can leave the area do so its that bad here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Message to Donald Trump 50 min Over it 2
13 Russian Nationals indicted by DOJ!!! 1 hr Trump is an IDIOT 13
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Jun '10) 8 hr texas pete 516
You had 1 job 11 hr Tuna Salad 1
Federal Bureau of Investigation 11 hr Tuna Salad 1
Competent CPS workers (Aug '16) Fri nosey is as nosey... 38
shopping center Fri nosey is as nosey... 11

Massena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance