Massena Central School Discussion

“no rocket scientist but I rule”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#41 Jan 23, 2009
Oh please,please stop.Maybe your daughter may have a chance to prepare for the real world by learning whining will get you nowhere.Maybe they can help her mature enough to handle the real world where you get FIRED for complaining over every little thing.Has she ever been in the pool,or does she have a note to get her out of swimming too?Maybe they are trying to get her some much needed physical activity.I bet that is not a priority in your household.Being obese and out of shape can make PE a bad time.Maybe you should be a more proactive mother and start walking or working out with your daughter or maybe a more healthy diet for both of you.
I hate to sound cruel, but it's a big world out there, and if you can't handle high school,the real world is gonna knock you on your butt.You can't sue everyone that asks you to step up and grow up.
Asheesh

Lucknow, India

#42 Jan 24, 2009
Is there any one, who can help me ?
I was TGT in central school and joined as TGT in Delhi govt through selection (DSSSB. I applied through proper channel. My pay shoul be protacted or not. Plz advise and if there is any example of the same please let me know.
Thanks
Asheesh
Grandparent

Saranac Lake, NY

#43 Jan 24, 2009
I have heard the same about the school pool and the conditions. Maybe that pool needs to be checked out for all of the kids' safety. How old is that pool? Do you work at the school and know the specifics? How do you know what people you were talking about and cutting down? I have heard mcs has a very clicky and abusive attitude toward some people myself. It is to bad. A lot of parents move out of the Massena district because of that. I also heard the dropout rate is high because of the attitude of some of the staff there.
ooops did I say that wrote:
Oh please,please stop.Maybe your daughter may have a chance to prepare for the real world by learning whining will get you nowhere.Maybe they can help her mature enough to handle the real world where you get FIRED for complaining over every little thing.Has she ever been in the pool,or does she have a note to get her out of swimming too?Maybe they are trying to get her some much needed physical activity.I bet that is not a priority in your household.Being obese and out of shape can make PE a bad time.Maybe you should be a more proactive mother and start walking or working out with your daughter or maybe a more healthy diet for both of you.
I hate to sound cruel, but it's a big world out there, and if you can't handle high school,the real world is gonna knock you on your butt.You can't sue everyone that asks you to step up and grow up.
bud

United States

#44 Jan 24, 2009
concerning the massena hs pool, my son has also developed a rash AFTER getting into that pool. when i brought it to the attn of the school nurse she informed me that she has heard of no such previous complaints and could not fathom how an affliction could occur from getting in it. as i stood my ground she went on to tell me that without a doctor's excuse my child would continue to be required to swim in the pool, rash or no rash.i subsequently personally delivered a written doctor's excuse the very next day. it is my son's doctors impression that my child may have had a reaction to the chlorine in the water and he is excused from getting into the pool until the end of the month after his follow up appt.. my son has also complained about the stench in the pool area (a dirty feet smell as he called it) and i have every intention of seeing the pool area myself prior to my child's follow up appt with his doctor and will proceed accordingly thereafter. it is interesting to note that my son is not the only one who has developed a rash issue AFTER getting into the pool. yes mcs is very clicky and can be abusive but only when one lets them get away with it. i would be very interested in knowing if other parents have experienced health issues obviously stemming from the mcs pool.

“no rocket scientist but I rule”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#45 Jan 24, 2009
We have a swim team and lots of kids and parents that use the pool all the time.Some people don't do well with chlorine,good get a note.Why don't you check out the pool instead of speculating.
Oh and is that Grandma Farbotnik with the dropout rates?Why don't you people get accounts and stop being such cowards.At least we would know that it isn't the same person changing names every post...which I think it is many times.
I am a parent and I am not rich nor am I am I part of any click.I moved to this area and find the schools much better than where we lived before.
I say this:If you are not part of the solution,you are part of the problem.Instead of bitching and complaining and blaming everyone else...why don't you get involved in your schools.This does not mean coming to meetings to shoot your mouth off.It means HELPING OUT and getting involved with the teachers and the kids.I have a full time job and I still do what I can.I know teachers because I get involved in my childs school.They are not perfect but neither are any of us.You could not pay me enough to do their job and put up with the crap they put up with.
And I think part of the same old crap that has been going on forever is kids trying to get out of PE any way they can.It never changes.
Grandparent

Saranac Lake, NY

#46 Jan 25, 2009
Your confuse me. We were discussing the pool and the mcs atmosphere not some Grandma Farbotnik. Where did you come from I am curious? I have lived in this area for 58 years.
As far as the dropout rates, the newspapers have been publishing articles regarding mcs's dropout rate and the new alternative education program which recently started. At least mcs is trying to do something to help the dropout rate I guess. I disagree with you in regard to the clickiness. Sports is a good example. A lot of the time the rich kids will be picked for sports teams over someone who doesn't have much money even though that kid might be better than the rich kid. That is wrong. There is a poor morale for young kids in school at mcs unfortunately because of things like this.
ooops did I say that wrote:
We have a swim team and lots of kids and parents that use the pool all the time.Some people don't do well with chlorine,good get a note.Why don't you check out the pool instead of speculating.
Oh and is that Grandma Farbotnik with the dropout rates?Why don't you people get accounts and stop being such cowards.At least we would know that it isn't the same person changing names every post...which I think it is many times.
I am a parent and I am not rich nor am I am I part of any click.I moved to this area and find the schools much better than where we lived before.
I say this:If you are not part of the solution,you are part of the problem.Instead of bitching and complaining and blaming everyone else...why don't you get involved in your schools.This does not mean coming to meetings to shoot your mouth off.It means HELPING OUT and getting involved with the teachers and the kids.I have a full time job and I still do what I can.I know teachers because I get involved in my childs school.They are not perfect but neither are any of us.You could not pay me enough to do their job and put up with the crap they put up with.
And I think part of the same old crap that has been going on forever is kids trying to get out of PE any way they can.It never changes.

“no rocket scientist but I rule”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#47 Jan 25, 2009
I have a friend who just moved here.She is a single mom with 2 high school boys.They are not rich by any means.Her boys have made every team they have tried out for because they are good athletes and dedicated.I am still hearing sour grapes here.
The pool complaint is all second hand news also.I think kids on the swim team,other schools swimmers and parents of team members would be the ones to let the school know if there is a problem.
The dropout rate is unfortunate,but this area has geographic and cultural differences that cause that rate to be higher.
The Farbotnic reference is due to the fact that he is the person who loves to bitch about everything in this community but never helps out.He claims his contribution is free computers for kids but I have a feeling he profits personally from that program.He never gets involved in supporting kids programs or chamber programs to promote the downtown.He lets everyone else do the work and contribute the money.
As far as I'm concerned,if you didn't buy the food,cook or wash the dishes......don't complain about dinner.This is a metaphor,a representation of how I feel about the whining here.
bud

United States

#48 Jan 25, 2009
i tend to agree that my son's health issues with the mcs pool is most likely with the chlorine and/or other pool chemicals in the water, however i do intend to see the pool personally and voice my concerns with the principle directly. i am more angry with the school nurse's comments when i initially spoke with her over the phone. at the same time if that pool is that dirty then it should be cleaned. it does take being proactive as a parent. in other areas of my child's education, i have found the guidance office and teachers quite responsive and productive once problems arose and were brought to their attn. no real complaints there. as for abusiveness and clickish ideals that is mostly amongst the students but that is a problem in ALL schools.
massena wrestler

Massena, NY

#49 Jan 29, 2009
canton man wrote:
massena school isn't bad, but needs a new wrestling coach for varsity, the one they have i used to beat all the time and i wasn't that good. all the kids in massena wrestling get worse when they become varsity, need new coaching bad
we dont need a new wrestling coach we beat canton all the time
massena resident

United States

#50 Jan 31, 2009
wouldn't say my daughter is a whiner and doesn't care because other people have told me the same things about that school you should get your facts straight and stop criticizing everyone else everyone is intitled to there own opinion!!!

“no rocket scientist but I rule”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#51 Feb 1, 2009
I have my facts straight,because I am an involved parent.You seem the one getting all bent out of shape because I cannot endorse your complaints.Have I hit a nerve ????
I am "intitled" to my opinion too.Remeber that when you start running down Massena Schools.

“no rocket scientist but I rule”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#52 Feb 1, 2009
remember,Ha
Massena Resident

Fulton, NY

#53 Feb 1, 2009
Who's but are you up?
ooops did I say that wrote:
I have my facts straight,because I am an involved parent.You seem the one getting all bent out of shape because I cannot endorse your complaints.Have I hit a nerve ????
I am "intitled" to my opinion too.Remeber that when you start running down Massena Schools.

“no rocket scientist but I rule”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#54 Feb 1, 2009
"but"????? HaHa!You are your worst enemy dear girl.I hope,despite your influence,your daughter makes the most of her education.
Massena Resident

Fulton, NY

#55 Feb 1, 2009
The but part is true isn't it? Maybe you can get up the U.S Marshall's. I heard they were at Jefferson again last week. Maybe that was for coffee and donuts.
ooops did I say that wrote:
"but"????? HaHa!You are your worst enemy dear girl.I hope,despite your influence,your daughter makes the most of her education.
massena resident

United States

#56 Feb 2, 2009
i had my high school education and graduated and i know i am not perfect, but my daughter knows right from wrong and bad and good. i try to teach her values my mother taught me and as bud said his son did get a rash and the bottom of the pool was filthy iam a concerned parent i have a right to check on something when i don't feel it is right so!!!!
mcs parent

Fulton, NY

#57 Feb 2, 2009
You are completely with your rights as a parent. Do not listen to that arrogant individual named oops on here. They are pretty occupied with many sites I see. They like to help the gay community. They would be better served if they would keep up that mission instead of arguing over things like parents' concerns over a dirty pool at the school. MCS was supposed to renovate the pool and it wasn't done.
massena resident wrote:
i had my high school education and graduated and i know i am not perfect, but my daughter knows right from wrong and bad and good. i try to teach her values my mother taught me and as bud said his son did get a rash and the bottom of the pool was filthy iam a concerned parent i have a right to check on something when i don't feel it is right so!!!!

“HE DID IT AND YOU KNOW IT.”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#58 Feb 3, 2009
I see Farbotnik is back with how many usernames now?

<<"They are pretty occupied with many sites I see. They like to help the gay community.">>

They? Who is they? You must have missed me James, because I'm sure you're talking about oops and I. I'm so sorry that I've been traveling for the last few weeks and have been unable to get online to give you your fix of The Black Cat. I'm here now, so it's okay. Don't worry.
just me

Syracuse, NY

#59 Feb 5, 2009
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-146251630.htm...

talk about environmental violations??
just me

Syracuse, NY

#60 Feb 5, 2009

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Massena Town Council discusses eliminating Loui... 15 hr Curropt 1
News 1973 Massena Central High School graduate offer... 16 hr lol 16
Trump's finances being investigated 19 hr You are an idiot 47
Should Transgenders be able to serve in the mil... Sat You are an idiot 100
News Town, village of Massena joining together for c... Aug 18 Curropt 1
Tattoo Artists Aug 17 Vet 10
AW poor babies cant stand the truth Aug 17 Local 10

Massena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massena Mortgages