Posted in the Massena Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bamm a Lamm

Syracuse, NY

#1 Jan 3, 2011
Well I've had it!!
This is the last time i ever take my truck to this place!!
600 dollars seems to b the magic number for this place.
No matter what they do its 600 dollars.
Could be a ten dollar fix,but they will wave a magic wand and poof!!600 dollars!!!

Apparently I'm not alone.
Several people have told me how bad they have been ripped off over there.
And yes 600 dollars was there magic number too.
What the hell is going on here?!?!
The attorney General needs to here about this and will!!
Shame on you!!
mee

Ithaca, NY

#2 Jan 3, 2011
pay the bill,you got the money,,or go to butches dirtbag
I agree

United States

#3 Jan 3, 2011
mee wrote:
pay the bill,you got the money,,or go to butches dirtbag
I recently got my vehicle worked on there. I thought the part that they had to fix was highly priced. so i went and priced it and they charged me exactly double for the part. Im new to the area though and dont know any where else to go.
absolutetely NOT True

Ithaca, NY

#4 Jan 3, 2011
Bamm a Lamm wrote:
Well I've had it!!
This is the last time i ever take my truck to this place!!
600 dollars seems to b the magic number for this place.
No matter what they do its 600 dollars.
Could be a ten dollar fix,but they will wave a magic wand and poof!!600 dollars!!!
Apparently I'm not alone.
Several people have told me how bad they have been ripped off over there.
And yes 600 dollars was there magic number too.
What the hell is going on here?!?!
The attorney General needs to here about this and will!!
Shame on you!!
I am a woman who has brought my car to be serviced by this station for over 20 years and have always got a fair honest price and service and the work was well done. I ended up goung to JAC Towers years ago because all the other places kept ripping me off, the main one being Cheney Tire. I took my car in twice, they told me both times something behind my tire needed to be done. So I had them do it. Six months later I came in for tires and they told me the same exact thing they done SUPPOSEDLY six months before had to be done on the same exact place. I took out the receipt of thier previous fix and showed him they done it. By then I had it, I realized what a racket they were running on unsuspecting women. I took it over to JAC Towers, they checked it and said there was nothing wrong with what Cheney wanted to redo and recharge for. JAC Tower is an honest business, and I am sure you were charged correctly. Those numbers for your bill were not just pulled out of the clear sky, the numbers for your bill were calculated for the parts, the service and specific amount of time to do it. Mechanics charge a certain amount an hour. Jac Tower is one of the still true, blue collar hard working business still alive and thriving after all these years. Pay the bill and go elsewhere if your not happy.
i disagree

Saranac Lake, NY

#5 Jan 3, 2011
i have not had a lot of services done to my vehicles at j&c towers, but i often get gas and oil and tire checks and so forth. i found the guys and girl there to be very helpful, courteous and polite. i really like them all and find them very honest. i am sorry that you have had bad luck. if you feel there is a problem, you should bring it up to the owner and tell him why you think there was a mistake made. perhaps it is something that can be rectified.
hehe

Ithaca, NY

#6 Jan 3, 2011
Every car place is going to charge you more for the parts when they purchase them thats how they make a little money if you dont like it you can purchase the parts yourself and bring them in to be fixed.
Old Lady

Ithaca, NY

#7 Jan 3, 2011
Go to the Edge of Town they are real good and Honest people.JC Tower has always been good by us If you have a problem talk to them about it.No matter where you go it cost money.Look around ask other people where they go
i do not disagree

Ithaca, NY

#8 Jan 3, 2011
i have also heard that they overcharge. they charge six hours labor for a three hour job, maybe there mechanics are poorly trained, or have no training at all. i have also been told that when the car is done it's still messed up. then they have the nerve to charge $5.00 to fill up your windshield washer fluid without asking.whats going on??????
ANGEL

Hoosick Falls, NY

#9 Jan 3, 2011
They do OVERCHARGE there

Since: Dec 09

Syracuse, NY

#10 Jan 3, 2011
I agree wrote:
<quoted text>I recently got my vehicle worked on there. I thought the part that they had to fix was highly priced. so i went and priced it and they charged me exactly double for the part. Im new to the area though and dont know any where else to go.
They mark up parts 100% at all the repair shops. Tommy Page does the same thing. If you want good work go to compeaus quick lube on east orvis. They give you a choice to bring your own parts and just pay labor for installation. Ask for Joe to do the work, he is very very good.
What

Ithaca, NY

#11 Jan 3, 2011
Old Lady wrote:
Go to the Edge of Town they are real good and Honest people.JC Tower has always been good by us If you have a problem talk to them about it.No matter where you go it cost money.Look around ask other people where they go
Edge of Town honest? Next to Frenchies, they are THE WORST EVER!!! Everyone at edge of town is a criminal. Go somewhere else..out of scummy Massena!!
Dear John

Ithaca, NY

#12 Jan 3, 2011
J & C Towers is a great place to get your car fixed so shut the hell up all you haters or fix your car your damn self you fat lazy cheap idiot complainers!!!!!!!!!!
The Manager

Newark, NJ

#13 Jan 3, 2011
Mechanic shops charge thr book time value on a job. So day a brake job only takes an hr and a half, the book may say it should take 3 hours, so that is what you are charged. And yes, shops do markup parts, but that is how they make money. If you as a private person go to a parts store, you will be paying roughly the same amount. Big deal. I work in a family owned mechanic and body shop, and I believe we price fairly. If you don't like the pricing, try and figure out yourself how to fix your own car. And no, I do not work for JAC towers, the shop I am in is not even in Ny.
The Manager

Newark, NJ

#14 Jan 3, 2011
i do not disagree wrote:
i have also heard that they overcharge. they charge six hours labor for a three hour job, maybe there mechanics are poorly trained, or have no training at all. i have also been told that when the car is done it's still messed up. then they have the nerve to charge $5.00 to fill up your windshield washer fluid without asking.whats going on??????
Go somewhere else then and quit your biatching!
ken

Saranac Lake, NY

#15 Jan 3, 2011
Droopy Draws wrote:
<quoted text>
They mark up parts 100% at all the repair shops. Tommy Page does the same thing. If you want good work go to compeaus quick lube on east orvis. They give you a choice to bring your own parts and just pay labor for installation. Ask for Joe to do the work, he is very very good.
Go to MacDonalds with a pound of hamburger and see what that gets you Droopy Douche! Better yet go to Pizza Hut with some dough!!What a numb skull!!!
Old Lady

Ithaca, NY

#16 Jan 3, 2011
Its very sad to Bash JC Towers They are Honest and good people
yup they suck

Saranac Lake, NY

#17 Jan 3, 2011
Dear John wrote:
J & C Towers is a great place to get your car fixed so shut the hell up all you haters or fix your car your damn self you fat lazy cheap idiot complainers!!!!!!!!!!
You sir are an idiot!Heres why.Five years ago I took my van in cause it was over heating.Tech guy says it needs a thermostat.No biggie be done by the time your done work.I think,cool!Well I go pick it up and short guy says it's going to be a little more than usual for the repair cause tech guy never did a therm.repair on a van like mine b4.$185 to replace a thermostat!I just about shit right there in front of there wood stove!HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!!Last time I ever went there for service of any kind!!I get gas there once and a while cause Matt is a good dude.
Go to Compeaus just as long as Frank does the work.
Same at Edge of town.Make sure Frank does the work.(different Frank)
wear a belt

Saranac Lake, NY

#18 Jan 3, 2011
Droopy Draws wrote:
<quoted text>
Tom always gave me a choice about buying my own parts.Plus he's done stuff for me and let me pay over time.That sounds like a good guy to me.
Idiot finder

Saranac Lake, NY

#19 Jan 3, 2011
The Manager wrote:
<quoted text>
Go somewhere else then and quit your biatching!
The only thing you "Managed" to do is make an idiot out of yourself for defending a place that is still open only because of there past reputation and people.They haven't been the "old" JAC Tower for over a decade and it shows.Friendly?Sure,I'd be friendly too if I screwed ever old lady in massena out of half their pension checks 3 times a year.Sure others do it too,but we are talking about JAC TOWER now.I learned about them a long time ago and have since found a good mechanic.No I'm not telling either.
The Manager

Newark, NJ

#20 Jan 3, 2011
Idiot finder wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing you "Managed" to do is make an idiot out of yourself for defending a place that is still open only because of there past reputation and people.They haven't been the "old" JAC Tower for over a decade and it shows.Friendly?Sure,I'd be friendly too if I screwed ever old lady in massena out of half their pension checks 3 times a year.Sure others do it too,but we are talking about JAC TOWER now.I learned about them a long time ago and have since found a good mechanic.No I'm not telling either.
Actually I was not only defending that shop, but all shops. I havent been to Massena in a long time, so I do not know who currently run the business, not do I personally care. I was simply stating common practice among mechanic shops across the Entire country. Idiot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Body found in Massena rt 4:20 23 min Old Man 221
how do threds get removed? 28 min pickled bread 8
Thoughts on a boutique 32 min ZBE 3
MALL CLOSINg 32 min Seventies 5
suny canton lockdown 11 hr Truth 3
getting big tax refunds backfor welfare or low... (Feb '11) 13 hr sass 255
TERBELL opening SLAVINS into fine dining 14 hr Sam 8
Massena Dating
Find my Match

Massena Jobs