some haunted places in massena

Posted in the Massena Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#1 Oct 30, 2009
i'm posting these places for conversation. hopefully people wont mind me telling. there are alot of places with stories of happenings. but they are just stories. no full evidence. hopefully nobody will get upset at me for pointing out some places. the list is long!

-- spanky's diner

-- the haskell house

-- pine grove cemetary

-- massena center cemetary

--calvary cemetery

-- the walgreen's store -- near former location of the old pennysaver office

--the sunrise mall

-- twin river's credit union -- fomer location of the dumas - lahey house

-- ghost on the hill on glenn street -- near the orvis grave stones in back of employment office

-- the bushnell house -- now location of seacomm

--the quality inn hotel

--house on parker avenue

--house on raquette river road

--the st. vincent depaul building

-- house on east orvis street

-- house on clark street

-- former swartz furniture building

-- ghost car on clark street

-- former location of the broaster resturant

-- the old high school now demolished on bridges
-- house on center street

-- violi's restaurant

-- house on carney -- near haskell street with a secret tunnel -- cureent owners deny a tunnel is there -- but the fomrer owners who lived there told me it was hanted with a tunnel.

--the american legion hall -- former home of the hyde & orvis families

-- the old downtown massena movie theatre!!! old abe cohen is still watching!

i think 25 locations is enough to reveal here! please dont bother the current owners. i know too many places from my research.

--
thanks

United States

#3 Mar 17, 2011
now i dont want to go outside at night considering the fact that 10 of those pplace are within a 1/4 mile radius of my house
hmmm

Utica, NY

#4 Mar 17, 2011
tell the story of the ghost car, I'm interested.
Tell Me Now

Ithaca, NY

#5 Mar 17, 2011
what is going on at calvary cemetery John?
curious

Lake Placid, NY

#6 Mar 18, 2011
John , What can you tell me about the haunted haskell house? Wondering here Ive never heard of this before. Is it the same house with the tunnel ?
BigJuicy

Ithaca, NY

#7 Mar 18, 2011
what Raquette road?
yup

Ithaca, NY

#8 Mar 18, 2011
the quality inn is haunted for sure. I have personally experienced some unexplained events while I was a guest there a couple years ago.
TJP

Burlington, NC

#9 Mar 18, 2011
The old Bridges Ave school itself never bothered me as a 7th & 8th grader there years ago but the "circle" just outside of it gave me the creeps. Probably because it was known for fighting and where the kids used to smoke before or after school.

I was a goody two shoes who didnt smoke (still don't to this day) and too scrawny a kid to get into any fist fights without getting my ass kicked so i knew it was best to avoid that area at all costs.

Still it seemed spooky to me? Doubt it was haunted though.
info

Ithaca, NY

#10 Mar 18, 2011
It's very spooky by the old Bridges Ave school. A murder happened there in 1917 when the school was being built. See John's video
im curious 2 no

Ithaca, NY

#12 Mar 18, 2011
ooops i meant to change my name for that i dont mean he has u fooled lol i meant to use im curious 2no hehe sorry people
Mel

Ithaca, NY

#13 Mar 18, 2011
Not even a ghost would want to be in that Schwartz building. In my opinion, the owner is a freaking nutjob who preys on young girls while hiding beneath his stupid hat . all the money in the world can"t buy that loser love

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14 Mar 18, 2011
The house on Parker Ave wouldnt happen to be 38 Parker Ave now would it?

Location hidden

#15 Mar 20, 2011
hmmm wrote:
tell the story of the ghost car, I'm interested.
i'm back here under my real name due to soembody forwarding this old thread to me to answer questions. the ghost car is reported on clark street. i was told the story.i lived on clark street for 8 years and there were times when it was raining and you would hear the sounds of a car going by in the summer on road at night -- but no car. i was even outside and heard the sounds of the car's tires on rain payment. looked at every place for a car. nothing. a neighbor had told me the story. i didnt believe it. then it ocurred later. local folklore. i even heard the horn of a car beeping in the middle of the day in parking lot of my old place. dog runs to door. open door. no car. WTF? i tried to debunk it. looked at every place nearby. no cars parked. might be an echo from someplace. who knows. hard to tell. but i think there is a ghost car lurking there at times.

Location hidden

#16 Mar 20, 2011
Tell Me Now wrote:
what is going on at calvary cemetery John?
its haunted like any cemetery. but i try not to think about it. enough things over a span of over ten yearshave happened to some of the probationary workers and caretakers. it would be a long story for this place.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#17 Mar 20, 2011
I want a YouTube special! Please John!!!:)

Location hidden

#18 Mar 20, 2011
John Staab wrote:
The house on Parker Ave wouldnt happen to be 38 Parker Ave now would it?
was the house converted into apartments about two years ago? color blue?

Location hidden

#19 Mar 20, 2011
TheVocalLocal wrote:
I want a YouTube special! Please John!!!:)
i plan on making a short video with naration and scenes in the next week. the video is going to be submitted to ghost hunters contest --to try to get them to come to massena for a national television show as america's most haunted town! have them investigate places!

Location hidden

#20 Mar 20, 2011
TJP wrote:
The old Bridges Ave school itself never bothered me as a 7th & 8th grader there years ago but the "circle" just outside of it gave me the creeps. Probably because it was known for fighting and where the kids used to smoke before or after school.
I was a goody two shoes who didnt smoke (still don't to this day) and too scrawny a kid to get into any fist fights without getting my ass kicked so i knew it was best to avoid that area at all costs.
Still it seemed spooky to me? Doubt it was haunted though.
this willcreep you out. on the anniversary of the bessie white murder i went to bridges avenue and you here this on camera..i was all alone.

im curious 2 no

Ithaca, NY

#21 Mar 20, 2011
yea well i was watching that video u made bout bessie and while watching it some knocking happend in my kitchen and it was inside my house and no one was at the door at all no one was out side not wet prints on my stairs neither its not the first time its happend to me neither i go in my basement i get chills i walk back up the stairs and i feel like someone is fallowing me i book it up the stairs n get mad cold chills i wanna have someone come in but i dont wanna know if something is in here lol which i know there is ive had a few activitys already....

“my $.02> your $.02”

Since: May 10

Ithaca, NY

#22 Mar 20, 2011
I heard there is a ghost of an old Indian named Fred at the movieplex. The back left theater is where he stays and when you are up in the projection area and watch the exit door you will see a shadow under the door.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Armed incident on the Rez 14 hr truth be told 4
The Bin Laden raid story is complete BS and fan... 14 hr truth be told 2
old diamond eatery in massena NY (Apr '13) 14 hr Senior Chalupa 30
Trump camp admits he was playacting- he will be... 19 hr Gop 8
why do adult children treat their parents like ... (Jan '12) 20 hr Dee 132
The "stay out of trouble" Taco Bell guy 23 hr Knoby 6
I'm so lonely Tue searching 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massena Mortgages