Trinity Adding Junior High Grades Soon

Trinity Adding Junior High Grades Soon

There are 23 comments on the www.mpcourier.com story from Feb 15, 2011, titled Trinity Adding Junior High Grades Soon. In it, www.mpcourier.com reports that:

Within the next couple of years, Trinity Catholic School students will be able to remain at the school beyond sixth grade.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.mpcourier.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
good

Dallas, TX

#1 Feb 15, 2011
Thank god!
info

Ithaca, NY

#2 Feb 15, 2011
Trinity is a great school and I'm glad to hear they will be offering more classes.

Since: Dec 09

Syracuse, NY

#3 Feb 15, 2011
I think it's great. Where are they going to put these kids? Will they have sports programs? Music program? The only thing that worries me are social ramifications once they go to the high school.
info

Ithaca, NY

#4 Feb 15, 2011
Trinity already has a very good music program. Sports will require agreement with Massena Central to share those activities.
hmmm

Syracuse, NY

#5 Feb 15, 2011
Droopy Draws wrote:
I think it's great. Where are they going to put these kids? Will they have sports programs? Music program? The only thing that worries me are social. ramifications once they go to the high school.
I went to a catholic school and had no problems transfering to jr high, 2 more years may not make too much of a difference.
soo

Ithaca, NY

#6 Feb 15, 2011
is it going to get them prepared for high school? Will they have lockers and class changes ect? sewing, cooking, all of the above and will they offer spanish along with there french so the kids have a choice? I mean it's great to slap on 2 extra grades but is it gonna prepare them for high school and the real world? I have nothing against trinity but I've also heard because they spend so much time on religion and language at a young age they are behind in reading and math skills...and i know this for a fact because I know people that have taught there as well as kids who went there then transferred to nitengale and were way behind the other students in math and other areas. so they need to look at that as well.otherwise if they can fix all these problems then i think it's a great thing. it's about the kids and preparing them for life.
SAKsA

United States

#7 Feb 15, 2011
They used to have a junior high program back in the early 80's when I was in school. I don't remember any of those kids having problems with going into the high school at 9th grade, socially or academically?
turtle

Brunswick, ME

#8 Feb 15, 2011
What are you talking about "soo", I went to Trinity and the one thing I remeber about moving to 7th grade was that I was so far ahead. Several of the most recent valdictorians were Trinity alumni. My daughter for one attends Trinity. She is in third grade, yet when she tries her friends homework,(who attends nightengale and is in 4th grade) she finds it easy. Trinity school has exceeded public schools in NYS standads for decades.
Trinity

Syracuse, NY

#9 Feb 15, 2011
Trinity has excelled on the nys tests for many years compared to other elementary schools in the area. As turtle said many valedictorians have been from trinity. Look at the high honor roll and honor roll and mark trinity kids, they dominate the lists.
Bye Bye Parochials

United States

#10 Feb 15, 2011
All religious schools should be shut down & the kids sent to public school. This way all the federal aid they such up from public schools can go to pay for a real school.
If the money from Trinity went to MCS, that would definitely help with the budget issues.
Charlie Smith

Ithaca, NY

#11 Feb 15, 2011
Can't play sports at MCS it is not allowed by the state. Look at Holy Family in Malone they run there own athletic program in a couple sports. You cant have your cake and eat it tooooooo!
trinity

Ithaca, NY

#12 Feb 15, 2011
Trinity at Dars gives good head
Teemys Bosworth

Westwood, MA

#13 May 21, 2015
Charlie Smith wrote:
Can't play sports at MCS it is not allowed by the state. Look at Holy Family in Malone they run there own athletic program in a couple sports. You cant have your cake and eat it tooooooo!
I remember Holy Family high school had sports but couldn't play vs Massena high school. That was stupid, would've been some great football & hockey games between them!
know nothing

Massena, NY

#14 May 22, 2015
Bye Bye Parochials wrote:
All religious schools should be shut down & the kids sent to public school. This way all the federal aid they such up from public schools can go to pay for a real school.
If the money from Trinity went to MCS, that would definitely help with the budget issues.
Shows how little you know about Catholic schools....they get very little to NO federal aid!!! Most of the money that goes into Trinity is raised through tons of fundraising by the students' families, assistance from the local churches, generous donations from community members and businesses and the list goes on!! What's real sad though, even though I pay Massena school taxes, when there are productions put on at the high school for the kids, all the public school kids get to go free of charge, but the kids at Trinity have to pay to go....now that's pathetic!! So don't worry about us sucking up any of your precious public school money because that is certainly not the case!! Maybe public school families should do some fundraising to help your budget issues and stop crying about something you think is being sucked away from you!!
Methinks

United States

#15 May 22, 2015
know nothing wrote:
<quoted text>
Shows how little you know about Catholic schools....they get very little to NO federal aid!!! Most of the money that goes into Trinity is raised through tons of fundraising by the students' families, assistance from the local churches, generous donations from community members and businesses and the list goes on!! What's real sad though, even though I pay Massena school taxes, when there are productions put on at the high school for the kids, all the public school kids get to go free of charge, but the kids at Trinity have to pay to go....now that's pathetic!! So don't worry about us sucking up any of your precious public school money because that is certainly not the case!! Maybe public school families should do some fundraising to help your budget issues and stop crying about something you think is being sucked away from you!!
Is this an example of turning the other cheek?
Parochial Proud

Whitesboro, NY

#16 May 22, 2015
Bye Bye Parochials wrote:
You obviously didn't finish school because you're a moron. Public schools are "real" schools? If it weren't for the influx of Catholic school kids into public schools, the cumulative averages would be in the low 80's! Why don't you go earn your GED idiot!
Historian

Massena, NY

#17 May 22, 2015
Parochial Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously didn't finish school because you're a moron. Public schools are "real" schools? If it weren't for the influx of Catholic school kids into public schools, the cumulative averages would be in the low 80's! Why don't you go earn your GED idiot!
Trinity gets free busing and all ancillary services free of charge from massena central!!! Also many of the kids from trinity have the better than though attitude similar tou. Often they are not afraid to let others know "I am better than you" .... Kind of like you
know nothing

Massena, NY

#18 May 22, 2015
Historian wrote:
<quoted text>
Trinity gets free busing and all ancillary services free of charge from massena central!!! Also many of the kids from trinity have the better than though attitude similar tou. Often they are not afraid to let others know "I am better than you" .... Kind of like you
Last time I checked, I've paid Massena School taxes for almost 30 years, so basically I'm paying for those buses!!! And when school is not in session for MCSD, there is no transportation for Trinity students. And what may I ask are these so-called ancillary services??
Historian

Massena, NY

#19 May 23, 2015
know nothing wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I checked, I've paid Massena School taxes for almost 30 years, so basically I'm paying for those buses!!! And when school is not in session for MCSD, there is no transportation for Trinity students. And what may I ask are these so-called ancillary services??
Nursing ,,,, special services ... Etc...you pay taxes for a public school it is your choice not to utilize the services provided. I pay village taxes but I can't have the village pay for a different trash pick just because I don't like how the village does it !!
dummy

Massena, NY

#20 May 23, 2015
Historian wrote:
<quoted text>
The taxpayer funds those services, not Massena Central. You must not be a taxpayer, otherwise you would know that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lowering taxes 54 min lol 7
Trump's finances being investigated 1 hr You are an idiot 308
Town and Country Vet - Massena 4 hr big gay al 10
Murder in Massena (Jul '09) 15 hr Jimmy 210
News Massena man turning former Sears store into a H... Mon Matty 5
NY Post article: "Dying towns like Massena" Sep 23 Bill 6
News Lack of disposal site for brush, leaves concern... Sep 23 whom1 2

Massena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance