Should the Village Mayor Randy DeLosh...

Should the Village Mayor Randy DeLosh Resign Over Nepotism and Lying

Created by Tinker88 on Dec 24, 2009

183 votes

Yes
87% 161 votes
No
12% 22 votes
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Dec 24, 2009
What do the people of Massena think ? Cast your vote on this issue. Should the mayor get to do whatever he wants and then lie about it? Tell us what you think and cast your vote.
MAC

Syracuse, NY

#2 Dec 24, 2009
I do think there is some underhanded stuff going on by the mayor of MASSENA, something just does not add up with the hire from VIRGINIA. Who would want to go from a state that has better opportunities for employment, and come to MASSENA, which has no JOB, no future, unless someone aka THE MAYOR, had something to do with this man coming to massena.
Intheknow

Ithaca, NY

#4 Dec 24, 2009
You hit the nail right on the head!!! That's why his wife was placed on the school board in the first place.
secrets of massena wrote:
massena has alot of dirty dealings going on. from the police department to the school, The good ol' boys club. The mayor is just one of the players.
halfwits

Ithaca, NY

#5 Dec 24, 2009
This is what happens when you get a bunch of half wits making decisions! They put dress suits on inmates when they leave prison too. This must be wear some of these bozos secretly came from. They are probably undercover for the Seaway Corp!
secrets of massena wrote:
massena has alot of dirty dealings going on. from the police department to the school, The good ol' boys club. The mayor is just one of the players.
Droopy Draws

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Dec 25, 2009
This thread has nothing to do with the police dept. or any other politicians, Just the mayor. People should go to the next town board meeting and voice your opinions also write letters to the editor and post on topix. The people need to let their elected officials know they will not stand for unfair hiring practices and give qualified applicants fair and equal process without nepotism. The application process should be on a points system and longtime residents should get .5 points for each consecutive year they have lived in the area. For someone who has lived here for 20 years, 10 citizen points should be awarded the applicant. Outsiders with less than 1 year of citizenship should not be awarded any points. If the desired candidate does not posess a CDL license and is seeking a motor operator position, that person should not be allowed to even apply for the position until he/she submits their valid CDL with their completed application/resume. i seriously hope the village board looks to terminate Mr. Shakallis' employment with the DPW because he cannot fulfill his day to day job description because he is not licensed to do so. Does his lack of a CDL mean that other village operators will get overtime to fill in the spots where Mr. Shakallis should be driving a plow/sand truck or even a sidewalk plow. It seems to me that he is dead weight in his position and cannot meet the requirements of the job description he was hired for. Why is he even there. Why would Haas even want the guy on his crew if he can't do his job?
Well connected

Utica, NY

#8 Dec 25, 2009
I am sure be the way this response is wrote, it is clear you also have no connections. You really don't appear educated, sorry just the facts.
Droopy Draws

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Dec 25, 2009
Morale among the whole village is not good over this. The one bad apple needs to get booted out of office and this whole mess needs to be fixed so that the village can get back on track. The new comittee needs to have some established guidlines for hiring new village employees. I believe they will do everything within their powers not to let something like this happen again.
Harry

Fulton, NY

#10 Dec 25, 2009
Well connected wrote:
I am sure be the way this response is wrote, it is clear you also have no connections. You really don't appear educated, sorry just the facts.

The word would be "written",Mr. education.
get real

Utica, NY

#11 Dec 25, 2009
The mayor should not have a chance to resign. He should be impeached. He is not serving the taxpayers, just himself!!
truth

Brasher Falls, NY

#12 Dec 25, 2009
I agree the mayer should be impeached and some other ones who have certain positions in the town of Massena too. Alot of jobs like demolition jobs and such in this town used to be put up for bid but all I ever see is the Fayad boy getting all the jobs. Which is not fair. Don't matter who you know or your connections. It should be about fairness and honesty and when that town gets someone running it the fair right way mabe some day you may see things change. But remember the "good Ole Boys club" Still very intact.
get real wrote:
The mayor should not have a chance to resign. He should be impeached. He is not serving the taxpayers, just himself!!
sickening

Ithaca, NY

#13 Dec 25, 2009
The legends of Charlie Boots!
truth wrote:
I agree the mayer should be impeached and some other ones who have certain positions in the town of Massena too. Alot of jobs like demolition jobs and such in this town used to be put up for bid but all I ever see is the Fayad boy getting all the jobs. Which is not fair. Don't matter who you know or your connections. It should be about fairness and honesty and when that town gets someone running it the fair right way mabe some day you may see things change. But remember the "good Ole Boys club" Still very intact. <quoted text>
taxpayer

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Dec 26, 2009
I vote YES. He has a better job at the seaway now and does not care about his mayor job anymore. A little drama on his way out.
More Media

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Dec 27, 2009
Hopefully more media attention will be given on this matter so it does not get swept under the carpet like other issues do.
mr maxx peabody

Syracuse, NY

#16 Dec 27, 2009
mr maxx peabody for mayor!
News Watcher

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Dec 28, 2009
87% here say time for change at the helm of Massena
The Wizard of Odd

Ithaca, NY

#18 Dec 28, 2009
Nothing new...just politics as usual. Ever wonder why some voters become apathetic ? Here's your sign.
corrupt

Syracuse, NY

#19 Dec 28, 2009
I urge everyone that does not like what happened here, SMELLS FISHY TO ME, to get out and go to the next board meeting and voice your concerns. THIS TOWN IS GETTING REDICULOUS, CORRUPTION AT ITS BEST.
News Watcher

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Dec 28, 2009
It has alway's been somewhat corrupt and when the economy was better it did not really matter as much. All of this over 1 job really has the village in turmoil. You cannot blame anyone for speaking out on this issue because it is time for a change. The only way to fix Massena is for the people to speak out or else the local government will do as they like. These are YOUR elected and appointed officials and the peoples voice make a great difference. No matter if you are rich or poor, your voice counts within your community. If nobody shows up at the next board meeting, this issue will be swept under the rug and forgotten about. Let your voices be heard about what happened and do not stop there. Demand your local government do something to create jobs here and also ask what the village administrators job duties entail and why doesn't he have a permenant residence in the village if he sits on the village board. Why can he get away with renting an apartment in the village yet have permanent residency somewhere other than the village he is paid a lot of money to administer. Start out 2010 with a new look for Massena with a brighter future and make your local government do something for you the people. The "we need jobs" song has gone on long enough. Make them do something about it and stop the back office meetings where things are kept out of the public eye. It's YOUR village too. The day's of the good ol boys are about to end but only if the people stand strong. Massena is getting a new town supervisor and maybe a new mayor and Tim will be able to retire from the police station soon and there are more slated to retire soon. Nobody wants certain positions within local government because of the good ol boy club. it is up to the people to get out and vote and also go to every village board meeting and demand things and ASK QUESTIONS. The more people get involved in making a change, it is more likely to happen. The fire dept. just got a new truck and now squabbling about a place to keep the old truck until it is sold. Why didn't they have it sold by the time the new truck got here? They had since last winter to find a buyer for it. My point is, the people need to get more involved to make suggestions so the board doesn't have to do it all alone. The choices they make may not be the ones you like but, if more people were involved, things can turn around for the good. I for one hope there is a crowd overflowing out of the building and on to Main St. for the next village board meeting which should be the THIRD TUESDAY IN JANUARY according to the villages web site.
Common Sense

Galeton, PA

#21 Dec 28, 2009
What a breath of fresh air to actually see somebody making valid points about valid stories. What a concept.
News Watcher wrote:
It has alway's been somewhat corrupt and when the economy was better it did not really matter as much. All of this over 1 job really has the village in turmoil. You cannot blame anyone for speaking out on this issue because it is time for a change. The only way to fix Massena is for the people to speak out or else the local government will do as they like. These are YOUR elected and appointed officials and the peoples voice make a great difference. No matter if you are rich or poor, your voice counts within your community. If nobody shows up at the next board meeting, this issue will be swept under the rug and forgotten about. Let your voices be heard about what happened and do not stop there. Demand your local government do something to create jobs here and also ask what the village administrators job duties entail and why doesn't he have a permenant residence in the village if he sits on the village board. Why can he get away with renting an apartment in the village yet have permanent residency somewhere other than the village he is paid a lot of money to administer. Start out 2010 with a new look for Massena with a brighter future and make your local government do something for you the people. The "we need jobs" song has gone on long enough. Make them do something about it and stop the back office meetings where things are kept out of the public eye. It's YOUR village too. The day's of the good ol boys are about to end but only if the people stand strong. Massena is getting a new town supervisor and maybe a new mayor and Tim will be able to retire from the police station soon and there are more slated to retire soon. Nobody wants certain positions within local government because of the good ol boy club. it is up to the people to get out and vote and also go to every village board meeting and demand things and ASK QUESTIONS. The more people get involved in making a change, it is more likely to happen. The fire dept. just got a new truck and now squabbling about a place to keep the old truck until it is sold. Why didn't they have it sold by the time the new truck got here? They had since last winter to find a buyer for it. My point is, the people need to get more involved to make suggestions so the board doesn't have to do it all alone. The choices they make may not be the ones you like but, if more people were involved, things can turn around for the good. I for one hope there is a crowd overflowing out of the building and on to Main St. for the next village board meeting which should be the THIRD TUESDAY IN JANUARY according to the villages web site.
Aryan Brotherhood

Massena, NY

#22 Dec 28, 2009
winer babies wrote:
your all mad cause you have no connections. Well tough shit do you all want cheese with that wine lmao
You are gay and corny. There was nothing funny about your post. You must not get laid at all. WHITE POWER!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is losing it over new book 4 min Bill 133
Downtown needs JOBS to survivie Sat True story 2
News Massena mayor wants new downtown design standar... May 17 Freedom 1
News Aldi officials meeting with Massena Planning Bo... May 9 FifoFifo 1
News Massena village trustees authorize Department o... May 7 rainbowbright 3
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Jun '10) May 1 Forrest 614
Trump tries to fire Mueller in June 2017 Apr 27 Rachel 18

Massena Jobs

Personal Finance

Massena Mortgages