Fabulous Finds an eyesore?

Posted in the Massena Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Nancy

Massena, NY

#1 Oct 12, 2012
Denise Jones put up pics on her facebook trying to make some point that everyones places are bringing down her property value.She put up a pic of Fabulous Finds.Really Denise,really?Do you have any idea of the work that lady has done on that place.She has a thriving business and is still improving as she goes along.Maybe you shoud go there and buy some clothes that actually fit.You are nothing but a loud mouth party girl with NO class.If you don't like Massena may I suggest you move the hell out.You bring down the IQ of Massena.
yep

Marietta, NY

#2 Oct 12, 2012
Her day has come and gone for sure!!! Bleck!
wow

Massena, NY

#3 Oct 12, 2012
I love that store!
Idgi

Massena, NY

#4 Oct 12, 2012
She has done nothing to the exterior of that dump
never been

Potsdam, NY

#5 Oct 12, 2012
I've never been there, I'll have to stop and check it out.
Cool

Massena, NY

#6 Oct 12, 2012
Awesome inside. Nice lady. If business keeps doing well I am sure the outside will get fixed up. Buildings can be fixed. Denise Jones can't be fixed.
Pancake breakfast

Massena, NY

#7 Oct 12, 2012
Where is it?
Lazy needs to go

Massena, NY

#8 Oct 12, 2012
I don't do Facebook so I don't know what pictures she has, however maybe she is on to something. Shaming people into cleaning up their dumps and making them more accountable.. There are so many lazy people around its amazing. It doesn't take money to pick junk up and put it away. And the code enforcement officer is either unable to make people do it or the laws need to be adjusted.

Also who owns that white building at the entrance of the fire station? On what planet do they live? The siding is halfway torn off and is a blight. And that's being kind. Perhaps a Facebook wall of shame for massena is in order.

Denise might just be the thorn some people need to clean up their dumps.
Massena Pig Pen Page

Massena, NY

#10 Oct 12, 2012
complaint wrote:
The problem is the code enforcement office works on a complaint basis. The code enforcement officer doesn't canvas the town looking for violations, they wait for a citizen to file a complaint and then they go and check it out. That is what needs to change. A perfect example of this is awhile back they made someone get rid of their bird feeders because it was a public health hazard, i.e. drawing pigeons which are known to carry diseases. Now I know not every single bird feeder is now down in the village, the code office received a complaint about that one and did something about it. They need to start canvassing a certain number of streets a week and writing violations and if the problem isn't taken care of in a certain amount of time then the resident is fined. In a year's time Massena would look BEAUTIFUL and at the same time it would be a source of revenue. Why do you think they have cameras set up on Main St. at 37, E. Orvis, and Maple, it's a source of extra revenue. It's not because they care about public safety, I can guarantee you that.
Just start a Massena pig pen page on Facebook. A place where people can submit photos of places that need to be cleaned up. That way either the owner will be shamed into cleaning it up or the town will do something about it. Either way sounds good to me. Too many people around here feel comfortable in their irresponsibility.
just saying

Massena, NY

#11 Oct 12, 2012
denise came from the wrong side of the tracks and never made it to the other side....she knows where she came from....should be ashamed of herself....
she is no prize....drink, drink, drink...party party party...
please beatch

Massena, NY

#12 Oct 12, 2012
Idgi wrote:
She has done nothing to the exterior of that dump
They are working on it and the iside is awesome.It takes time amd money to fix a place up.You only wish you had the talent and drive to make a go of it.Denise should put her time into a more constuctive attitude.Why not get off your fat duff and do something possitive.I think Denise likes to draw attention to herself, thinking it makes her look important.Umm sorry Denise,you are a fool.
Candy

Framingham, MA

#13 Oct 12, 2012
Ok just everyone wait a friggin minute here. First of Fabulous Finds is a excellent clean place. The owner knows her business and sells very unique and interesting things there. Also ANTIQUES. Maybe all this bullsht will bring some extra business in for you if you know what I mean LOL. Let the HATERS sqabble there mouth. The owner is a very classy lady. Does not party noe drink. Now she has owned this bulding about a just a year and everone knows it takes MONEY to MAKE money and for God,s sake give her a break. She did a tremendous job on the inside. If Denise or anyone wants to open their mouth about delipated buildings Denise take a look at downtown. This isn,t New york City or Veges you know.Just a bunch of nosey people trying to stir the sht.You would think everyone would be glad there is a new business in town. She has to btch about everything. Just look at her in that tape when she was at the town hall. What does she think she has there a friggin mansion. It looks like a dump from outside. I think I sence some jealously here. Give the owner a break.
GhostWriter

Auburn, NY

#14 Oct 12, 2012
Well said Candy! I personally have never been to Fabulous Finds, but at least she is someone who is striving to make a profitable business for this town (even on the limitated resources she might have). At least she is a productive member of our community, unlike the many who are just here to destroy what Massena once was.
I am not usually one to come on here and bash others but I have to say, after reading the whole thing in the papers about sycamore street, and seeing the crime rate go up in this town, and the influx of drugs and vandalism, its time to stand up for the workers who do work in this town and the people who are activily holding these businesses together. The business owners who are left striving to stay open or even to begin a business in a town where thier funds are limited to creat a growing business, are the real pillars of our community!
Face it Massena, this town is dying, by reading on topix there seems to be less and less intelligence (except for a given few) who pollute this town with pointed fingers (by those who have probably less than a high school education) and more "bad asses" more "know-it-alls" who live in thier own world as they feel entitled...Give me a break!
If you are going to comment on topix, why not comment on the good of the community, why bash on others who are providing for the community?
Well put

Massena, NY

#15 Oct 13, 2012
GhostWriter wrote:
Well said Candy! I personally have never been to Fabulous Finds, but at least she is someone who is striving to make a profitable business for this town (even on the limitated resources she might have). At least she is a productive member of our community, unlike the many who are just here to destroy what Massena once was.
I am not usually one to come on here and bash others but I have to say, after reading the whole thing in the papers about sycamore street, and seeing the crime rate go up in this town, and the influx of drugs and vandalism, its time to stand up for the workers who do work in this town and the people who are activily holding these businesses together. The business owners who are left striving to stay open or even to begin a business in a town where thier funds are limited to creat a growing business, are the real pillars of our community!
Face it Massena, this town is dying, by reading on topix there seems to be less and less intelligence (except for a given few) who pollute this town with pointed fingers (by those who have probably less than a high school education) and more "bad asses" more "know-it-alls" who live in thier own world as they feel entitled...Give me a break!
If you are going to comment on topix, why not comment on the good of the community, why bash on others who are providing for the community?
Very well put.
lots of plus size clothes

Massena, NY

#16 Oct 15, 2012
I was at fab finds today and was pleasantly surprised at all the plus size clothes for women...not walmart junk but nice things at a very reasonable price.....they also have antiques, decorations....you might want to stop in and look around...
Owner of Fabulous Finds

Syracuse, NY

#17 Nov 1, 2012
This post was brought to my attention by a couple of loyal customers of my boutique. Why judge a book by its cover? When I bought this property it was in worse shape than it is now. My family, workers and myself have strived to turn this property around and spent more money than could be imagined improving the interior. Yes, the outside may be considered an eyesore by some, but rest assured as long as I own this property improvements will continue inside and out. My priority was to make the inside fabulous and bring a unique shopping experience to the community. As for the exterior, that will take time. It's not a cheap or easy fix and I prefer to do it one time and the right way. Those of you who want to complain are more than welcome to donate your time and materials to make the outside suitable to your standards!
guy

Plattsburgh, NY

#18 Nov 1, 2012
Owner of Fabulous Finds wrote:
This post was brought to my attention by a couple of loyal customers of my boutique. Why judge a book by its cover? When I bought this property it was in worse shape than it is now. My family, workers and myself have strived to turn this property around and spent more money than could be imagined improving the interior. Yes, the outside may be considered an eyesore by some, but rest assured as long as I own this property improvements will continue inside and out. My priority was to make the inside fabulous and bring a unique shopping experience to the community. As for the exterior, that will take time. It's not a cheap or easy fix and I prefer to do it one time and the right way. Those of you who want to complain are more than welcome to donate your time and materials to make the outside suitable to your standards!
you have a nice butt
Owner

Schenectady, NY

#19 Nov 1, 2012
guy wrote:
<quoted text>
you have a nice butt
My husband thinks I do too. The topic is my building being a eyesore, not my rear.
willow

Dexter, NY

#20 Nov 1, 2012
where is this located i'd like to check it out
will stop

Auburn, NY

#22 Nov 2, 2012
I am going to stop by and check this place out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Opening a club in massena (Nov '16) 3 hr scottie the Weine... 22
Wieners for the July 4th holiday 3 hr scottie the Weiner 1
Nana's Kitchen 3 hr Scott the weiner 17
News St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce holds t... Tue scott weinerschn... 1
speeding ticket Tue interesting 2
Radio stations suck around here Tue luscious 3
alcoa to cease all operations in 2018 (Aug '13) Jun 26 Gramone 159

Massena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massena Mortgages