|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Pit bull terriers kill Chihuahua, injure woman Nico Roesler | The New Mexican
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 11/13/12 Comments

A Santa Fe woman said Tuesday that two pit bull terriers attacked her and her small Chihuahua as she was walking along West Alameda Street on Monday evening, killing the dog and sending her to the hospital.

Anne Stills was treated for multiple puncture wounds following the incident at about 5 p.m., during which the dogs bit her thigh, elbow and hand. Her 8-year-old longhair Chihuahua, Lillie, didn’t survive.

Stills, 62, who lives in the Villa Alegre public housing complex, said she usually walks in the Santa Fe River park across the street, but she decided to walk her pet along the north side of West Alameda on Monday because it was cold outside, and the sun was still hitting the north side of the street.

Lillie was on a leash and was wearing a small sweater, and Stills was wearing multiple layers of clothing and a heavy coat, she said.

When she reached 604 West Alameda St., Stills said, she found herself grabbing Lillie and trying to hold her away from a pit bull terrier that had jumped a 3-foot-tall chain-link fence.

“I was holding her up with my arms as high as I could,” Stills said.

But the pit bull got ahold of Lillie, and soon a second pit bull had jumped the fence.“I tried to get between them,” Stills said.“I just wanted to save her.”

A woman came out of the house and tried to try to gain control of the dogs, Stills said.“She was fighting with all her strength to restrain them.”

On Tuesday afternoon, the resident of the house apparently was not home and couldn’t be reached for comment.

Santa Fe police Capt. Aric Wheeler said the two pit bull terriers were in quarantine Tuesday night at the Santa Fe Animal Shelter & Humane Society while the city’s Animal Control Division investigates the incident. He said no formal report had been completed and that he didn’t have information on the owners of the animals.

Wheeler said that if officials make a determination that the dogs are vicious, the animals could be put down.

Stills on Tuesday had built a small memorial to Lillie near the scene of the attack.

“She was my companion,” Stills said.“I was just totally in love.”
cant deny

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

it's amazing they went after a chihuahua seeing pitnutters always say how vicious they are
troll watcher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

One vicious dog cant go after another? I have seen all kinds of dogs fight each other, just like people.
cant deny

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

LET'S LOOK AT THE 2011 PITICIDES

Linda Leal
51-years old | Colusa, CA
Linda Leal, 51-years old, was mauled to death by her pit bull-mix. Her husband, Enrique Leal, discovered her shortly after 7 am in the couple's backyard. One pit bull, with a history of violent behavior, was penned up in the yard. The couple's other dog, a pit bull-mix, was loose and found with blood on it. Arriving firefighters found extensive head and neck injuries "consistent with a dog attack." An autopsy later determined that Leal was alive during the mauling. As of January 7, officials did not know the time of death and are awaiting a toxicology report. Sheriff's Lt. Shane Maxey said the tests were needed to ensure that she "didn't have something in her system that put her in that position." Yet, police also said that there was no indication of foul play or a sign of struggle at the scene. Leal had been battling liver cancer at the time of her death.[source citations]
ban coconuts

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

yes thats horrible but on a lighter note , and back to the topic at hand ,little rascals trivia . remember if you look it up thats cheating, now what kind of dog was the star of the show that DIDNT bite , a single child throughout all thos years ?
cant deny

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

ban coconuts wrote:
yes thats horrible but on a lighter note , and back to the topic at hand ,little rascals trivia . remember if you look it up thats cheating, now what kind of dog was the star of the show that DIDNT bite , a single child throughout all thos years ?
I'LL PROVE YOU WRONG ABOUT PETEY LATER - ANOTHER 2011 PITICIDE

Makayla Woodard
5-years old | Waxhaw, NC
Makayla Woodard, 5-years old, was killed by two pit bulls while in her front yard. Her grandmother, Nancy Presson, was severely injured trying to protect her. Michael Gordon, a convicted felon, owned both pit bulls. Neighbors said they had complained many times about Gordon's dogs running loose. Police said they warned Gordon at Christmas -- just a few weeks earlier -- to keep his dogs contained. At the time, Gordon admitted that his dogs, Rebel and Daisy, often managed to "hop the fence." Residents of Waxhaw were devastated by the incident. Hundreds attended Makayla's funeral, which began with the little girl's body carried in a horse drawn cart. After the funeral, town commissioners set up a panel to study the existing dog control law and to determine how to better handle potentially dangerous dogs. On January 26, Gordon turned himself into police after being charged with involuntary manslaughter.[source citations]
cant deny

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Me Again wrote:
Oh we all know that. As far as I can tell he was the star of the show. Petey took care of all those little ones and he was not a cocker spanier, not a beagle, not a German Shepard or a Rottweiler but a good old all American pit.
To be fair though we have to give credit to Lassie for putting up with Timmy's constant asking him what to do when he knew he couldn't talk and for calling him girl when he wasn't.
yup he was a good old pit i have posted over 20 piticides in the last day or so and they weren't beagles they weren't german shepherds they weren't rotties just all good old pits and i can post hundreds more so what exactly does that say infamous pitnutter tactic #7 bring up petey atleast once a day and never mention the hundreds of piticides or thousands of attacks that pits cause and definitely don't show any sympathy for any of the victims that's why pitnutters have zero credibility and zero originality they can't prove there side right with documented verifiable facts so repeat the same 10 or so talking points ad nauseum most of which is outright lies i thought i read something months ago about petey that wasn't so rosy but i will not go into detail as i can't seem to locate it and back up what i would say now but i will keep looking and post it when i find it
cant deny

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Me Again wrote:
Oh we all know that. As far as I can tell he was the star of the show. Petey took care of all those little ones and he was not a cocker spanier, not a beagle, not a German Shepard or a Rottweiler but a good old all American pit.
To be fair though we have to give credit to Lassie for putting up with Timmy's constant asking him what to do when he knew he couldn't talk and for calling him girl when he wasn't.
ANOTHER GOOD OLD 2011 PITICIDE

Ronnie Waldo
51-years old | Randolph, MS
Ronnie Waldo, 51-years old, was killed by three pit bulls owned by his neighbor, James Swanson. Waldo had been renting a nearby property from Swanson and was discovered by a friend in Swanson's front yard. Police shot and killed two of the pit bulls on the scene. Just before the attack, Waldo and his friend Raymond Blansett had been trying to fix a hot water heater in Waldo's trailer; they needed a relay switch to complete the task. Waldo walked over to Swanson's house to see if he had one in his garage. When he did not return, Blansett went to find him. He found his friend on the ground with two pit bulls tearing at him. The third dog went after Blansett, who had to run up the road to escape. Pontotoc County has neither a leash law nor a vicious dog ordinance and the attack occurred on the dog owner's property. Despite these issues, a special grand jury charged him with manslaughter.[source citations]
ban coconuts

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

ugh hre we go again , forget it I give up you need to read the instructios prior to psting otherwise peaople will start to assume your another inbreeder
troll watcher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

cant deny wrote:
<quoted text>yup he was a good old pit i have posted over 20 piticides in the last day or so and they weren't beagles they weren't german shepherds they weren't rotties just all good old pits and i can post hundreds more so what exactly does that say infamous pitnutter tactic #7 bring up petey atleast once a day and never mention the hundreds of piticides or thousands of attacks that pits cause and definitely don't show any sympathy for any of the victims that's why pitnutters have zero credibility and zero originality they can't prove there side right with documented verifiable facts so repeat the same 10 or so talking points ad nauseum most of which is outright lies i thought i read something months ago about petey that wasn't so rosy but i will not go into detail as i can't seem to locate it and back up what i would say now but i will keep looking and post it when i find it
I like the tactic of never admitting how rare the attacks are compared to so many other things. But, talking about Pits. They should have cast Lassie as a pit. They should also make a movie called Planet of the Pits. CD would call it a reality show as Pits would overthrow men and take over the world.
cant deny

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

ban coconuts wrote:
ugh hre we go again , forget it I give up you need to read the instructios prior to psting otherwise peaople will start to assume your another inbreeder
ANOTHER 2011 PITICIDE

Darius Tillman
15-days old | Kalamazoo, MI
Darius Tillman, 15-days old, was mauled to death by the family pit bull as he lay sleeping. At the time of the incident, the victim's mother, his 2-year old sibling and two pet pit bulls were at the home. Police reported that the mother laid her infant down for a nap in a bassinette and fell asleep in another room. One of the pit bulls pushed open the bedroom door and mauled the baby to death. Animal control euthanized the young male dog after the incident. It's unknown what became of the second household pit bull. Jeff Hadley, Kalamazoo Public Safety Chief, called the incident a "tragic accident," echoing the same distortion voiced by pro-pit bull groups. About four months later, and after the Kalamazoo Gazette gained the final incident report under the state Freedom of Information Act, it was learned that detectives sought charges of involuntary manslaughter against the child's mother, Mallory Wildig, but the Kalamazoo County Prosecutor’s Office declined to pursue.[source citations]
ban coconuts

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

cant deny wrote:
<quoted text>ANOTHER 2011 PITICIDE
Darius Tillman
15-days old | Kalamazoo, MI
Darius Tillman, 15-days old, was mauled to death by the family pit bull as he lay sleeping. At the time of the incident, the victim's mother, his 2-year old sibling and two pet pit bulls were at the home. Police reported that the mother laid her infant down for a nap in a bassinette and fell asleep in another room. One of the pit bulls pushed open the bedroom door and mauled the baby to death. Animal control euthanized the young male dog after the incident. It's unknown what became of the second household pit bull. Jeff Hadley, Kalamazoo Public Safety Chief, called the incident a "tragic accident," echoing the same distortion voiced by pro-pit bull groups. About four months later, and after the Kalamazoo Gazette gained the final incident report under the state Freedom of Information Act, it was learned that detectives sought charges of involuntary manslaughter against the child's mother, Mallory Wildig, but the Kalamazoo County Prosecutor’s Office declined to pursue.[source citations]
this is a false document , you sir sit a a throne of lies , and you smell like beef and cheese
cant deny

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

ban coconuts wrote:
<quoted text>
this is a false document , you sir sit a a throne of lies , and you smell like beef and cheese
WHAT WAS THAT YOU WERE SAYING - LIAR

Police report details fatal mauling of infant by pit bull in Kalamazoo
Published: Friday, June 03, 2011, 6:00 AM Updated: Friday, June 03, 2011, 10:47 AM
By Rex Hall Jr.| rhall2@mlive.com
Follow

Email
Print

Gazette file
A pit bull attacked and killed an infant in this house on Garfield Avenue in Kalamazoo on Feb. 19.
KALAMAZOO — Buster was a hyper, 1-year-old family pet with no history of aggressiveness toward people.

But according to a mother’s account, it took the pit bull 10 minutes or less to enter 15-day-old Darius Tillman’s bedroom, drag him out of his bassinet and maul him to death in February.

A Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety report obtained by the Kalamazoo Gazette under the state Freedom of Information Act shows that detectives sought charges of involuntary manslaughter and cruelty to animals against Darius’ 25-year-old mother, Mallory Wildig, but the Kalamazoo County Prosecutor’s Office declined to authorize charges.

The 36-page KDPS report says Wildig sobbed throughout her initial interview with Detective Sheila Goodell on Feb. 19, the day Darius was killed.

Wildig told Goodell she had been staying at her parents’ home on Nichols Road in the days following Darius’ Feb. 4 birth, returning to her home in the 400 block of Garfield Avenue to let Buster outside and give him food and water. On occasions when she was unable to make it home, she had a friend or her father stop by to feed the dog and give him water.

Wildig said that on Feb. 19 she, Darius and her 2-year-old son, Keylin Tillman, arrived at their house on Garfield between 11:30 a.m. and noon and that Keylin fed Buster two to three cups of food. The dog was then let outside and given a bath, she said.

That afternoon, she took her two children to Keylin’s room, where she read books to them then turned on a movie for Keylin while she laid Darius down for a nap in her bedroom, according to the report. Wildig told police she closed the door to her room then returned to Keylin’s room to lay the toddler down for a nap. She told Goodell the door to her bedroom did not latch, a fact confirmed by crime-lab personnel who examined it after the incident, the report said.

Wildig said that when she laid down with Keylin, the pit bull was on the floor near them in the toddler’s room. She said she fell asleep for about 10 minutes, before the ring of her cell phone woke her. At that point, Wildig said, she went to the bathroom then went to feed Buster.
cant deny

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

She said she noticed the dog was in the basement, which she found strange since Buster usually stayed upstairs when she was home and was confined to the basement when no one was home.

Wildig said she decided to check on Darius in her bedroom and “discovered that Darius was dead and had been mauled and partially consumed by Buster,” according to the KDPS report.

Wildig told Goodell that when she found her son, his bassinet was tilted to its side and Darius was on his back on the floor. She called her father for help then placed Darius back in his bassinet, where he was found by officers.

“When I walked into the room, there was blood on the bassinet and he just looked like a little doll on the floor,” Wildig said, according to the police report.“It felt like all of this was a nightmare.”

Sgt. Mark Johncock, one of the first officers to arrive on the scene, noted in his report that the infant showed “no signs of life.”

Wildig told detectives during their investigation that Buster’s feeding schedule changed after she gave birth Darius, during which time she stayed primarily with her parents. She said the dog had usually been fed two to three times a day but that recently it was being fed at least once daily and more food and water were being left for him in the basement.

Buster was euthanized after the attack on the infant and a veterinarian who examined him told police the dog “appeared to be getting the amount of calories it needed,” the police report said. An autopsy performed on the dog the night of Feb. 19 showed its stomach “was full of food,” the report said.

Kalamazoo County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Carrie Klein told the Gazette the entire incident “was tragic without question.”

View full sizeGazette file
Kalamazoo County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Carrie Klein

“This was her baby,” Klein said of Wildig.“She loved her baby. She was traumatized by what happened.”

Klein said to charge Wildig with the manslaughter, as requested by police, the investigation would have had to show Wildig acted with gross negligence.

“Nobody ever saw any aggressive or violent tendencies from the pet at all,” Klein said.“There was no way for the mother to know it was going to attack and kill someone. It was not gross negligence on her part to have the dog running loose in the house with the baby in the bassinet.

“She had no way of knowing the dog was going to do what it did.”

Klein also said there was not evidence of neglect toward the dog that would support a charge of cruelty to animals.“I couldn’t say he wasn’t getting at least adequate care,” Klein said.“Maybe it wasn’t at the same level prior to the birth (of Darius) but ...(the dog) was hydrated, it was fed.”
Troll watcher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

ban coconuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Love elf
cant deny

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

ban coconuts wrote:
<quoted text>
ANOTHER 2011 PITICIDE

Jennie Erquiaga
47-years old | San Bernardino, CA
Jennie Erquiaga, 47-years old, died at her home in the 200 block of West 16th Street on March 6th after being attacked by her dog. Police received a report of the dog attack at 10:19 pm, according to San Bernardino police Lt. Jarrod Burguan. The victim's dog, a pit bull-mix, bit both of Erquiaga's arms, her left leg and shoulder. People in the house fought with the dog and then locked it in a room. Police suspected other medical issues besides the bite wounds may have led to her death. In December 2011, DogsBite.org requested Erquiaga's cause of death from the San Bernardino County Coroner's Office. The office confirmed that her death was due to "physiologic stress from multiple dog bites" in addition to underlying medical issues.[source citations]
cant deny

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Me Again wrote:
Uploaded by AssociatedPress on Apr 3, 2009
A Massachusetts woman can be heard saying 'Die! Die!' on a 911 call made by a security guard who helped to subdue the woman after she used a pair of scissors to inflicted 100 wounds on her 2-year-old daughter.
ANOTHER 2011 PITICIDE

Virgil Cantrell
50-years old | Ardmore, OK
Virgil Cantrell, 50-years old, was horribly attacked by a tethered pit bull that he had visited on previous occasions. The pit bull, named Ike, along with four other pit bulls -- including at least two breeding females -- belonged to Rickey and Lisa Grant. When Cantrell stopped by the Grant's house on the evening of April 22, the two were not home. He stayed on the porch with the tethered pit bull and wound up being killed by it. An 11-year old boy, who had been bitten by the same dog about 30 days earlier, saw the attack and ran to get help. Arriving officers had to shoot and kill the aggressive pit bull to allow EMTs to reach the victim. Cantrell died while being driven by an ambulance to a hospital in Dallas, Texas. He would have been airlifted, but planes were grounded due to weather conditions. Authorities later charged both dog owners with felony offenses.[source citations]
cant deny

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

ban coconuts wrote:
<quoted text>
AND I'M GOING TO LEAVE YOU WITH THIS - YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK IF....- NITE NITE PITNUTTERS

You might be a pit bull owner if....
(Full Credit to Douglas Wolfe).........

You Might Be A Pit Bull Owner If…

•You have use logging chains to keep the dog from getting loose.

•You have to fix broken windows the dog has jumped through.

•You have to lock up your dog when ever anyone knocks on your door.

•You have to hide your dog to keep the police or animal control from taking it after it attacks someone.

•You have to lie about the type of dog you have.

•You try to use a single instance of a dog in a show to try to back up the lie that your dog is safe.

•You have to defend your type of dog all the time because of all the attacks, injuries and harm they cause every day.

•You attack the innocent victims after your dog attacks to try to shift the blame off you or your dog.

•You compare the grievous injuries your dog causes to a Chihuahua bite in a desperate attempt to defend your mauler.

•you practice crate and rotate

•your Chihuahua is vicious

•you have a low sperm count and low levels of testosterone

•your neighbors are holed up in their house because they are afraid to go outside

•you have more tats than brains

•you wear wife beater shirts that don't quite cover your beer belly

•your dog is named Felony or Rage

•you find dead animals in your yard

•you don't believe dogs need vaccinations because it'll make 'em tough

•you feed your dog "OLD ROY"

•your dogs favorite shake toy is a living being

•if you hear a police siren and your first reaction is "where is Rage?"

•You firmly believe aggressive dogs were either taught to be that way or abused.

•you have a "pit bulls for sale" sign in your front yard and you are online making comments on the recent pit bull mauling story about how nobody can identify a pit bull

•you think every pit bull with a scar was a "bait dog"

•You have to carry a break stick to pry your dog's teeth off whatever it decides to latch onto.

•You have to think of the baddest name to give your tiny puppy because you know it's gonna grow into a: Killer, Monster, Hitler, Thor

•You have to make a stand to strap your female into to breed her without one of them killing the other

•You choose to place a spiked collar on your dog so its victim cannot grab it while being attacked

•You have to call victims inbred, uneducated, ignorant, idiot, stupid, liars, provocateurs of the attack to make yourself seem you are in control of a dog that cannot be controlled

•You have to muzzle your dog for many vets to even treat it

•You immediately look for an escape route when your dog attacks because your mind just can't comprehend that you've just become....THE BAD OWNER

•If your dog injures, destroys, mauls, or kills and you have a lawsuit pending.

•If you are a drug dealer or a gang member and need "protection".

•if the police and/or animal control know you by name

•if you let your dog babysit your kids.

•if your "nanny dog" ate your kid.
ban coconuts

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

you need help
cant deny

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

ban coconuts wrote:
you need help
BREAKING NEWS - LATEST 2012 PITICIDE - THIS IS WHY WE NEED BSL - WAIT TILL THIS STORY GOES AROUND AND AROUND - YOU ARE GOING TO SEE SOME BIG MOVES IN BSL IN 2013

Dogs remain in neighborhood following two attacks
Story Comments Share Print Story
VideoImages

Dogs remain in neighborhood following two attacks
Reported by: Katherine Johnson Email: kjohnson@fox16.com

Tags: dog attack, pets
Updated: 11/14 9:49 pm Published: 11/14 7:57 pm
SARDIS, AR - As Ron Talley sifts though his wife's blood-stained clothes, he remembers the scariest moment of his life.

"It was literally skinning her alive and eating her alive," he said. "She's like Little Red Riding Hood getting eaten by the Big Bad Wolf."

As Talley's wife, Dana, walked down her Saline County road, Sheriff's deputies say at least four neighboring pit bulls attacked her.

"Ripped her tendons and everything - tore the skin on her head all the way through her skull," said Talley.

We went by the owner's house to talk to them but found two dogs in the front yard unchained and roaming free. Deputies ordered the owners to quarantine the dogs at home weeks ago following an earlier attack.

"There's a chance they can get out," said Lt. Scotty Courtney with the Saline County Sheriff's Department. "Unfortunately, that's part of it."

And they did. But despite this second attack, the same rules apply. Another misdemeanor charge for violating the vicious dog ordinance and an order to lock the dogs back up.

"This is not the first time these dogs have done it," said Talley. "These dogs have done it to another person and they're still out there. What does it take to get some justice?"

"Animals are not humans. They think differently - they're not humans. Whereas humans are held to a higher standard I would think," said Lt. Courtney.

The vicious dog ordinance in Saline County states if you can't afford to quarantine your dog at a veterinarian's after an attack, you can house and quarantine the animal yourself. Since Saline County doesn't have an animal control operation, there's no where else to put them while waiting for a court date.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of59
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Massena Forum right now

Search the Massena Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Darrell Dodd 33 min darrells brother darrell 4
The jacka$$ driving diesel dodge ram 3 hr tool 25
why do adult children treat their parents like ... (Jan '12) 4 hr Kathy 97
Massena PD Public Record 4 hr Really 4
Medical marijuana now legal in NYS 4 hr Wow 15
Jake's On the Water 5 hr rather 2
New employee 6 hr Who 4
•••
•••