questions about the maternity ward at...

questions about the maternity ward at massena hospital

Posted in the Massena Forum

newmom

Oneida, NY

#1 Jul 13, 2012
if there are any moms or dads that have recently stayed at massena memorial for the birth of their child, I am curious of a few things.

first, what is peoples overall view of thier expirience while they were there?(were the nurses good, attentive etc. overall quality of the stay. Help provided.... etc...)

second, What do they provide for the mom, dad, and new baby?(in other words... how much do I really need to pack for my hopefully short stay?)

and third, is your husband/partner/whoever is there to help you allowed to stay with you.(do they provide a bed, cot, or recliner for them?)
Really

Ithaca, NY

#2 Jul 13, 2012
Ask your questions there. If you don't like the answers. Go somewhere else. Simple really
mamma

Raymond, NH

#3 Jul 13, 2012
Nurses are ok some really good but do the extent of their job also yes ur partner can stay and they have recliners and u will need essentials they provide the needs like tooth brush paste body wash but its always more comfortable to bring ur own
grandma

Saranac Lake, NY

#4 Jul 14, 2012
My first grandchild was born at MMH, labor, birth, and recovery/2 day stay were all in the same room, state of the art equipment. My daughter's husband was able to stay with her the entire time. Not sure if they fed him though! I used to bring them cheeseburgers when I visited cuz we all know how hospital food can taste! They provide all the babys needs while there, like diapers and hospital tshirts, and basic toiletries as well for mom. Its best to pack a bag of your favorite products as well as a nightgown and robe. And I found most of the staff there to be pleasant and helpful. Good luck and enjoy your new bundle of joy!
marcy

Ithaca, NY

#5 Jul 14, 2012
I had a very good experience at massena. They had everything for baby. They only thing i didn't care for about them was the fact that they wouldn't let me dress my child in their own cloths until i went home. That may have changed now as i was staying in the maternity ward almost 3 years ago. Most of the staff as far as i know is still working there and they were really great. The one nurse even gave me a couple packs of diaper to take home because my insurance covered it fully so she said to take a few she also gave me some other stuff but i don't remember what exactly it all was now but they were really nice. I had a wonderful experience with them and will be going back again in December. They make you feel welcome and the rooms are wonderful!
yes

Ithaca, NY

#6 Jul 14, 2012
They do let you dress your child in your own clothes now tho so that mustve changed which is nice !
newmom

Utica, NY

#7 Jul 14, 2012
thanks guys.... yeah, I'm just getting excited and nervous and all ready(packing for the hospital, and just mentally being prepped for it all)... only have a few more weeks left! I am looking forward to the expirience and, sounds like they are a pretty great place.
good experience

United States

#8 Jul 14, 2012
newmom wrote:
thanks guys.... yeah, I'm just getting excited and nervous and all ready(packing for the hospital, and just mentally being prepped for it all)... only have a few more weeks left! I am looking forward to the expirience and, sounds like they are a pretty great place.
They were great to me and my daughter. If u call the hospital and ask for snow harper-moulton shes a nurse for the maternity ward. She will give u a full walk through and explain everything.
freestuff

Ithaca, NY

#9 Jul 14, 2012
just remember, everything they provide isn't free. either you, your insurance, or sadly the taxpayer... pays for every single item provided. nothing is free or given out of simple generosity.
anne

Ithaca, NY

#10 Jul 15, 2012
If you call you can schedule a tour with any working staff. The call is simply to make sure that they are not in the middle of a delivery or anything. I think if you check with some one from maternity you will find that the gift packs are indeed free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lane 29 min truth 1
News Massena village trustees agree to spring cleanu... 19 hr one mans junk is 11
Junk Days Sat Taxpayer pain 14
Mueller has evidence Cohen was in Prague!! Apr 18 Sargent Slaughter 14
So we can all at least agree one thing right? Apr 16 kilt wearing maniac 33
News Massena police chief tells trustees not enough ... Apr 16 MKP 6
What Will Happen to Spring Clean Up Apr 13 Just reading 4

Massena Jobs

Personal Finance

Massena Mortgages