First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Co-Co

Utica, NY

#1 Mar 19, 2013
when do the border patrol start getting furloughed? I can't wait to save some tax money! their union is crying they're going to lose 40% of their pay because their hours are getting cut from 50 hours to 40. 40% of their pay is from 10 hours of overtime they get per week??? screw them!
Mr Snatchural

Utica, NY

#2 Mar 19, 2013
Their hours are being cut from 50 to 36. 40% of their pay for 28% of their hours. That's less than time and a half. And you won't be saving any tax money. The government is still spending more than it did last year. Besides, Obama is still giving all of your tax money to his welfare voters. This should bother you more than Border Patrol agents working overtime.
reality

Massena, NY

#3 Mar 19, 2013
They should have never been hired in the first place. We've got 10x more BP than we can handle, and all they do is eat up tax dollars for the sake for their own existence.

Put them to work rebuilding the roads and doing community services before they laid off.
Deziree

United States

#4 Mar 19, 2013
Nothing wrong with border patrol in the area. They have a job to do. If you don't like them, tough you gotta deal with em!!! Go BP get organized crime away from our area!!!!
eyesonyou

Massena, NY

#5 Mar 19, 2013
bring more in shut down these drug dealers
Beep

Massena, NY

#6 Mar 19, 2013
Deziree wrote:
Nothing wrong with border patrol in the area. They have a job to do. If you don't like them, tough you gotta deal with em!!! Go BP get organized crime away from our area!!!!
LOL spoken like a BP Officer....they are almost a self serving agency when they have so many
WALMART is EVIL

Massena, NY

#7 Mar 19, 2013
eyesonyou wrote:
bring more in shut down these drug dealers
It is not BP's job to shut down drug dealers, that is what local police does along with DEA. They can only nab drugs in transit within 100 miles of the border.

THAT is the problem.....people think that BP can do anything
Anonymous

United States

#8 Mar 20, 2013
What are you people, f'ing stupid?(Wait, don't answer that, I forget this is Topix)

Where do you think the drugs come from?

Canada.

What magical line are those drugs crossing?

The Border.

You ever notice there is almost always one BP vehicle sitting on Route 37 right before you hit the old traffic circle. That vehicle is scanning license plates, probably both sides of the road but they're mostly in the traffic heading west.

They keep track of all the plates in a large database. If they keep seeing the same plates being scanned again per say at Alex Bay or even Downstate, you can bet your ass they will pull you over and check you out.

I mean hell, they built their station on the Grasse River where the US border is about 2 miles long, versus the Saint Lawrence River.

They may not be out to get specific drug dealers, but they are out to get those transporting the drugs.
massena piece of manure

United States

#9 Mar 20, 2013
Haters and jealous all over town. You really wish you were an Agent. Don't you "co-co" But, forgot that most of you trash citizens of massena lack the following:

A) Credit. Most of you collect welfare, eat with food stamps, and are addicts to drugs.

B) clear backgrounds. Most of you have an extensive rap sheet, with multiple convictions. Normal criminal record from a hater.

C) education. most of the people that write threads behind their computers are uneducated. Therefore, passing the academics will be impossible.

D) Physique. obese, lack of any physical fitness.

Thanks to you welfare collectors, honored citizens like Border Patrol Agents have to suffer with our government pay cuts to support you.

If you have not idea what are you talking about "co-co"
Please take your thread and used as a toilet paper.
Luke Skywalker

New Kensington, PA

#10 Mar 20, 2013
Way to many BP, plain and simple!
massena piece of manure

United States

#11 Mar 20, 2013
Way to many collecting welfare. Who cares if there is 100 or 200. You don't need, either, to share your bigotry here. I go to Wal-Mart all the time. I noticed tons of people paying with benefit cards. Why don't you people worry about that??
harassing

Brasher Falls, NY

#12 Mar 20, 2013
They have plate readers, they stop us for driving on a known drug route, they even stop us on a snowmobile! Enough already!
Border Dad

Utica, NY

#13 Mar 20, 2013
massena piece of manure wrote:
Haters and jealous all over town. You really wish you were an Agent. Don't you "co-co" But, forgot that most of you trash citizens of massena lack the following:
A) Credit. Most of you collect welfare, eat with food stamps, and are addicts to drugs.
B) clear backgrounds. Most of you have an extensive rap sheet, with multiple convictions. Normal criminal record from a hater.
C) education. most of the people that write threads behind their computers are uneducated. Therefore, passing the academics will be impossible.
D) Physique. obese, lack of any physical fitness.
Thanks to you welfare collectors, honored citizens like Border Patrol Agents have to suffer with our government pay cuts to support you.
If you have not idea what are you talking about "co-co"
Please take your thread and used as a toilet paper.
My kid works for the BP and there are some things you forgot to add.

E) The willingness to move away from your friends and family to some god forsaken town which is essentially in Mexico for at least 5 years. There will be no English spoken and you will be daily harrassed by citizens for doing your job. When you try to transfer back home the union will screw it up and they will end up hiring new guys to send to your home town. You will likely never live near your family ever again.

F) The willingness to actually work 50-60 hours a week. Most people here refuse to even work 40. 50 hours week after week takes a toll on you.

G) Crap benefits. Federal retirement and insurance is horrible compared to NY state. I tried to convince him to get on with troopers. Everything from co-pay to pension is better with most states.

H) The willingness to get in physical confrontations and get shot at. Most people wouldn't walk up on 20 people and try to arrest them by themselves in the middle of the desert. This also creates a huge amount of stress on a family not knowing if he is safe every night.

I) After all that you try to do your job because you believe in it and then Obama doesn't let you arrest certain people and lets other go who you've already caught. Amnesty is coming down the pike and to top it all off Obama directs his lackeys to cut your pay to try to make Republicans look bad.

I don't think I'd want that job.
Border Dad

Utica, NY

#14 Mar 20, 2013
And it's funny how there are two types of posts here. One group says border patrol doesn't do anythign but sit in their trucks, and the other group complains that they can't go anywhere without being pulled over/followed/stopped at a road block. Which is it? Are they lazy or are they overzealous? Sounds to me like people just hate law enforcement.
enchiladas

United States

#15 Mar 20, 2013
Que vato celoso, joto, come mierda, mama la verga. " pinches buerquillos mocosos" cojeme la verga.
my opinion

Auburn, NY

#16 Mar 20, 2013
i do not find the BP offensive. they keep the drugs from flowing. apparently some of you have had a bad experience and there probably are some bad BP apples. by and large, we should be happy that the BP are there to protect us and our children by nabbing those drugs. you must be aware that when some of those stops are made, the BP are putting their lives on the line. i just wish that the D.A. was more skilled at handling there prosecution when they are arrested.
i hear you!

Hailesboro, NY

#17 Mar 20, 2013
Mr Snatchural wrote:
Their hours are being cut from 50 to 36. 40% of their pay for 28% of their hours. That's less than time and a half. And you won't be saving any tax money. The government is still spending more than it did last year. Besides, Obama is still giving all of your tax money to his welfare voters. This should bother you more than Border Patrol agents working overtime.

You hit the nail right on the head!
co-co f4ace

United States

#18 Mar 20, 2013
Dear co-co
You need to get your facts straight, before, foaming ignorance through your filthy mouth.
You need to search the meaning of the word furlough. Once you understand what furlough means, you will find out that is not only BP. It is 14 furlough days for every government agency.
Then search about BP overtime. How is getting affected by budget cuts. Please educate yourself, do yourself a big favor. Stop being so ignorant.
border patrol just fine

Auburn, NY

#19 Mar 20, 2013
my opinion wrote:
i do not find the BP offensive. they keep the drugs from flowing. apparently some of you have had a bad experience and there probably are some bad BP apples. by and large, we should be happy that the BP are there to protect us and our children by nabbing those drugs. you must be aware that when some of those stops are made, the BP are putting their lives on the line. i just wish that the D.A. was more skilled at handling there prosecution when they are arrested.
agree completely!
mocotieso

United States

#20 Mar 20, 2013
El BP me la pela.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Competent CPS workers 4 hr Indicated 14
Ill Bill (Sep '11) 7 hr Maverick 808 130
News Malone man gets prison for larceny, identity theft 12 hr Really 6
Underage, Drugs and Employment 14 hr bunnie 10
St. Lawrence County reaches brink of bankruptcy. Aug 28 Tell Me This 18
speak up when someone destroys you Aug 28 nothing but slander 3
Dirtbag murders deaf and mute whaite man for sp... Aug 27 reality 1

Massena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance