First Prev
of 4
Next Last
ABC

Tallahassee, FL

#1 Feb 22, 2012
Hello I will be moving to Massena from the South this Summer. Besides cold weather what can I expect?
not much

Ithaca, NY

#2 Feb 22, 2012
Think of hell with the heat off and take it a step down from there.
evil

Ithaca, NY

#3 Feb 22, 2012
hell 2 miles massena 4 miles read topix you will see
dont do it

Lake Placid, NY

#4 Feb 22, 2012
I would never move to Massena if I were you! The place is loaded with drug addicts, thieves, and all around dirt. My advice to you is to move into the outskirts.
rethink it

Ithaca, NY

#5 Feb 22, 2012
What you can look forward to is, no work, high taxes, lots of drugs and welfare here, and if you want to go shopping anywhere with good stores you have to drive at least an hour away. Why anybody would want to move here is beyond me, heck I'm trying to get out of the area.
Lisa

Ithaca, NY

#6 Feb 23, 2012
I moved here last year, I like it here. Just be careful which end of town you move into. I moved into a good part, I love my awesome house, I have a huge backyard, and all of my neighbors are elderly so it's quiet every night. I have only heard one siren once since I moved here. If you don't mind a small town, it's an ok place to live.
Stan

Winthrop, NY

#7 Feb 23, 2012
ABC wrote:
Hello I will be moving to Massena from the South this Summer. Besides cold weather what can I expect?
If you have a job to come to then you will like it here. If you do not have a job then you might think of a different location. Also, please do not take this the wrong way but if you are moving here to use our welfare system then stay away as we taxpayers are sick of supporting the non working class. Best to you.
mom

Ithaca, NY

#8 Feb 23, 2012
Wow people if you like this place so much why are you still here???//
Resident

Ithaca, NY

#9 Feb 23, 2012
Well, moving to Massena is not as bad as some of the folks on here state. Don't expect too much activity, there are folks trying to change that, but as a lifelong resident here, change is slow. Look for things to do, some people around here don't look they just B*tch about the bad stuff. I don't surround myself with the bad, but take advantage of the good. I agree with Stan, if you are moving here to suck the life out of welfare, then you will be a complainer, just like the folks who B*tch about Massena. Enjoy, it's really not as bad as stated above, (and I am sure to come below)
Ms Positive

Saranac Lake, NY

#10 Feb 23, 2012
A great quality of life. Every town has their share of crime, ours is minimal. Live out of town, Louisville, etc.
name withheld

United States

#11 Feb 23, 2012
I lived in massena for about 2.5 years, after a lot of problems with neighbors, hatefull people throwing things at me, drug adicts, alchohaulics, and the sleeze at town hall, i left to live in a shack in a mosquitto infested swamp,

my advice, stay away from massena and live in a swamp, the swamp is nicer to live in than massena
Massena

Ithaca, NY

#12 Feb 23, 2012
Don't forget about the price of rent here. It's high. Prices range from 375 to 900+. All depends on whether you like living in a hole or a nice place.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#13 Feb 23, 2012
Massena is not the worst part of the St Lawrence Valley to live if you are contemplating the area. Stay away from Ogdensburg.
Nice

Ithaca, NY

#14 Feb 23, 2012
Massena is a beautiful area. The st Lawrence river is just minutes away. Lots of fishing, hunting, boating, camping, ect. The summers here are beautiful and the adkrondacks are just a little over an hour from here....just beautiful and breathtaking. The biggest downfall of the area is no work :-/. It's all in how you want to live your life...don't get caught up in the drugs and you'll really enjoy it here...but there are drugs everywhere you go. Every city and town has its goods and bads...it's all in how you choose to live your life.
Who are YOU related to

Huntington, NY

#15 Feb 23, 2012
Massena is a WONDERFUL place to live! There are hundreds of older homes that showcase Massena's older history and are filled with young couples and lot's of children running around. Massena is culturally advanced, we have our own Museum. Downtown is a thriving hub of activity with many little shops and businesses.(We even have two barbershops downtown) There is all kinds of things to do, from outdoor sports, to bowling, to the Fireman's Field Day in the summer. Think of Martha's Vineyard without the Vinyard, or Bar Harbor without the Harbor or Key West without the Key... Taffy shops and T-shirt shops are everywhere. Tourists practically run each other over during the summertime visiting the Locks and other breathtaking attractions we have here. Our Mall is bursting at the seams with stores and flocks of cross-border traffic from Canada! Exotic nightlife is everywhere! Fine dining can be found at the flip of a finger! And Village and Town services are premium and visible in the well maintained roads and infrastructure! Local government is the absolute best that money can buy! And ths schools...ah..the schools... a shining example of the motto "No child left behind!" We even have a couple of surplus buildings in case our classroom sizes exceed a comfortable size! Come on, jump in the water's beautiful!
Prove It

Ithaca, NY

#16 Feb 23, 2012
Massena wrote:
Don't forget about the price of rent here. It's high. Prices range from 375 to 900+. All depends on whether you like living in a hole or a nice place.
Lol Thatbis cheap. Find another place with rent that cheap.
hi to roll tide

Lake Placid, NY

#17 Feb 23, 2012
ABC wrote:
I moved here from the south landed a great job,bought a house the winters are some to get use to but there are winter recreation.
It is what you make of it. Just make sure you have a job before moving here and learn about your heat source there are several ways to heat your house.I didn't do that and I learned the hard way.I love Massena the people making bad comments may not have found the good in the people here or just down right hang with the wrong people.
I enjoy the spring and summer I like buying veggies from the Amish and lots of places to fish and camp.
People having made bad choices here are not so happy about living here they have been here all their lives as for me I have seen it all and I am glad I landed my roots here.To get a nice place to live is the hard part,small apt are in one big 1800 houses that have been divided into 3 or 4 apt finding a updated house for a family will be hard to find and you will be expected to pay at least $750.00 for a house in town.Better to buy a house its cheaper and easy to get into one Good Luck
green eyes

Parrish, FL

#18 Feb 23, 2012
When you live in Massena, you are 50 years behind in times. There are no decent stores or restaurants. True, the summers, fall and spring are beautiful
fellowman

Ithaca, NY

#19 Feb 23, 2012
Massena not all that bad. there is alot Italians, whites, blacks, natives in this area. we got our share of good and bad people. do lock your doors though.
there isnt any good jobs in massena, unless u like flipping burgers and running cashiers. for fun we got a run down bowling ally. and a decent movie theater. and ofcorse alot bars. the mall here is ok but not many good stores stay there long.
hi to roll tide

Lake Placid, NY

#20 Feb 23, 2012
green eyes wrote:
When you live in Massena, you are 50 years behind in times. There are no decent stores or restaurants. True, the summers, fall and spring are beautiful
We love to cook at home and I shop on line. There is nothing better then a Southern home cooked meal at home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stuart Mossow (Oct '10) 2 hr Laughing at you 12
Lacey??? Not bashing her mom 3 hr Wow 1
fishing in Massena (Mar '10) 5 hr saf 396
Copper still restaurant- bad food and bad servi... 6 hr forrest 8
News Massena police charge six motorists 11 hr nothinbutthetruth 3
what happened at softails 13 hr Asma 64
Can you have someone arrested on topix? 13 hr Asma 27
More from around the web

Massena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE