st lawrence county to ban cigarettes ...

st lawrence county to ban cigarettes & smoking tommorow

Posted in the Massena Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
johnswackyworld fan

Massena, NY

#1 Sep 16, 2012
st lawrence county legilators will be banning smoking in the county tommorow at their meeting. better light up while you can. you will not be able to smoke within 20 feet of a bar or restaurant or a store or business. nice going politicians..goodbye american legion, amvets, vfw...goodbye business in the area. nobody will eat anymore at restaurants..why dont we all leave here before the nazi's of politics take over st lawrence county and massena. you will go to jail for smoking soon after you enjoy a drink or food....just like smoking weed!!
ban smoking

Massena, NY

#2 Sep 16, 2012
or stop killing us non smokers and the little children you pisen with your disgusting habit
No smoker

Auburn, NY

#4 Sep 17, 2012
I am a non smoker and I do not agree with what they are trying to do. They would be much better off designating a smoking area. Businesses will suffer badly. Look around the bar businesses are still suffering. Yes there are some that are doing ok, but they are also the ones that have smokers. The county should be more concerned about the jail, the budget and the rehabs for all the young kids and adults that are hooked on pills.
tracy

Redwood, NY

#5 Sep 17, 2012
ban smoking wrote:
or stop killing us non smokers and the little children you pisen with your disgusting habit
Every time you drive a car, you're contributing to killing people. Every time you spray an air freshener, you're killing people. Every time you eat something with preservatives, dyes and chemicals, you're killing people. Every time you mow your lawn, you're killing people. Every time you bbq, you're killing people. Every time you use anything that is manufactured in a factory, you're contributing to killing people.

Get a grip. There are things YOU do EVERYDAY that contribute to pollution and the ill health of others. So, jump down off your high horse soap box and stop being a hypocrite....I find that habit to be the most disgusting of all......
VOICE

Syracuse, NY

#7 Sep 17, 2012
i would just mark all cigarettes up. say $17.00 a pack. then if they still choose to smoke so be it. maybe 10 ft from businesses. what bugs me is stores with pharmacys that sell then
wtf

Auburn, NY

#8 Sep 17, 2012
I'm allergic to the smoke and anything that keeps it away from me I'm all for.
Plus smoking killed my parents.
WOWW

United States

#9 Sep 17, 2012
for u 'wft' to say 'smoking killed my parents' is absolutely absurd... im sorry to telll u this, but they CHOSE to smoke. the cigs didnt kill them, it was their choice to smoke.

I think this is law is ridiculous!... isnt america 'the land of the free'.... now we cant smoke outside, OUTSIDE!!! also, the government are the ones that push the selling and advertising of cigarettes(which goes back 50+ years), and they always have... because they make alotta money and it helps keep the population down (as sick as that sounds, that is our lovely governments train of thought.)
wtf

Auburn, NY

#10 Sep 17, 2012
WOWW wrote:
for u 'wft' to say 'smoking killed my parents' is absolutely absurd... im sorry to telll u this, but they CHOSE to smoke. the cigs didnt kill them, it was their choice to smoke.
I think this is law is ridiculous!... isnt america 'the land of the free'.... now we cant smoke outside, OUTSIDE!!! also, the government are the ones that push the selling and advertising of cigarettes(which goes back 50+ years), and they always have... because they make alotta money and it helps keep the population down (as sick as that sounds, that is our lovely governments train of thought.)
No, they were killed in an accident caused by a smoker who had a coughing fit and ran into them.
freedom no more

Massena, NY

#11 Sep 17, 2012
just keep you're mind on the latest gadgets and all them Reality Shows. Everything is fine, no need to be alarmed, what was that? oh just some drones checking to see if i'm burning my garbage, no big deal, a few more cameras will keep us safe, cigarettes are bad but they keep making them, big $$$ to be made. have they found life on Mars yet?? forget a cure for cancer or anything else....WAKE UP PEOPLE!A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
Ban it all

Massena, NY

#12 Sep 17, 2012
No farting toxic gas. No alcohol(kills alot of folks)No large sugar soda,No high fat foods, No texting while walking.No cars with less then 40mpg.No guns, How about NO NEW TAXES? No that will never happen.No No No No No No No how about JOBS. No No No No No No No. Ban it all!!!!!!!!!!
No more cigs please

Massena, NY

#13 Sep 17, 2012
I smoked for 7 yrs, quit 12 yrs ago. Now, the very smell of cigarette smoke makes me sick.
Cigarettes are not pure tobacco. They contain a chemical-laden array of impurities and contaminants. Things like the heavy metal cadmium, arsenic, and more.
Banning cigs would reduce a lot of strain on medicaid/medicare and hospitals as well as making a healthier environment for all.
No more cigs please

Massena, NY

#14 Sep 17, 2012
johnswackyworld fan wrote:
st lawrence county legilators will be banning smoking in the county tommorow at their meeting. better light up while you can. you will not be able to smoke within 20 feet of a bar or restaurant or a store or business. nice going politicians..goodbye american legion, amvets, vfw...goodbye business in the area. nobody will eat anymore at restaurants..why dont we all leave here before the nazi's of politics take over st lawrence county and massena. you will go to jail for smoking soon after you enjoy a drink or food....just like smoking weed!!
Yea...I just checked up on this...it is a PROPOSED LAW....why are people so misleading? Living in their own little world.
Ndn

Moravia, NY

#15 Sep 17, 2012
Don't worrie the Rez will always have cheap cigs for everyone
Righton

United States

#16 Sep 17, 2012
No smoker wrote:
I am a non smoker and I do not agree with what they are trying to do. They would be much better off designating a smoking area. Businesses will suffer badly. Look around the bar businesses are still suffering. Yes there are some that are doing ok, but they are also the ones that have smokers. The county should be more concerned about the jail, the budget and the rehabs for all the young kids and adults that are hooked on pills.
So true
reality

Syracuse, NY

#17 Sep 17, 2012
Smoking should not be allowed in public spaces where no one has a choice of whether or not to be exposed. Private property, do what you will, but smokers should be given significantly higher medical insurance premiums so the rest of us don't end up paying for their smoking related health problems.
cool

United States

#18 Sep 17, 2012
Good. Smokers who smoke right at the ddoors of these businesses cause the smoke to go right inthe buildings. If smokers were more courtious we wouldn't need this law
i agree with cool

United States

#19 Sep 17, 2012
Its the smokers fault for not respecting non smokers by smoking by people eating or by children playn. Keep the cigs out of food establishments and parks let them smoke anywhere else they please
Get rid of cigs

Massena, NY

#20 Sep 17, 2012
i agree with cool wrote:
Its the smokers fault for not respecting non smokers by smoking by people eating or by children playn. Keep the cigs out of food establishments and parks let them smoke anywhere else they please
Nobody challenges "no dogs in the park" rules.....if you choose to have a dog you cannot bring it in the park. That doesn't mean that you yourself aren't allowed.

So why is it that smokers want to go where other people gather AND puff their toxic fumes? It's as if smokers think they are special somehow, and their disgusting habit must go where they go.

If you CHOOSE to smoke you are limited to places where it is allowed. The laws are created by people who elect them. If you really want to be in a room filled with second hand smoke, then vote.

And personally, I'd rather see a dog in a park than a smoker.
jacques

Utica, NY

#21 Sep 17, 2012
Get rid of dip while your at it. That is a habit as disgusting as smoking.
yep

Brasher Falls, NY

#22 Sep 17, 2012
smoking is stinky , stay away from doors where people have to go in and out. Use ur brain and this crap wouldn't even be out there to vote on...just sayin..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Massena man jailed after alleged DWI, rear-endi... 5 hr Mayor 9
Erin at woodchop shop in norfolk 7 hr nocd 1
Store closings 10 hr Rachel 65
Owner 18 hr Bill 7
Bk massena Thu Unknown 7
alcoa to cease all operations in 2018 (Aug '13) Dec 13 Joe 192
News Massena man jailed on sexual abuse count (Apr '13) Dec 13 bananas 61

Massena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance