First Prev
of 2
Next Last
what

Ithaca, NY

#1 Feb 12, 2012
I see that Speedway (Auggies) is for sale? What happened?
really

Saranac Lake, NY

#2 Feb 13, 2012
r u serious????
Carl

United States

#3 Feb 13, 2012
Wher is this place??
what

Ithaca, NY

#5 Feb 14, 2012
yeah there is a for sale sign in the window. its downtown Massna

Since: Dec 09

Syracuse, NY

#6 Feb 14, 2012
That would be a great spot for a specialty shop. There are enough taverns on that block and they probably aren't making enough money there in order to make it profitable. It would be great as something else.

“Entirely Scandalous, Baby.”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#7 Feb 14, 2012
A new age shop would be awesome...until it gets burned down.
Carl

United States

#8 Feb 14, 2012
Is this place up from Friars?

Syracuse, NY

#9 Feb 14, 2012
Yes, the old Phil's Tavern
hmmm

Ithaca, NY

#10 Feb 15, 2012
for sale sign in friars window also.
Sanity

Ithaca, NY

#11 Feb 15, 2012
Alguire going out of business, maybe? Auggie's was open unpredictable hours, and Friar's, well, you never knew what kind of horror show you were walking into.
wow

Ithaca, NY

#12 Feb 15, 2012
How about opening a gay and lesbian bar . The town really needs one.

Syracuse, NY

#13 Feb 15, 2012
Retaliation over the parking issue?

Since: Feb 12

Saranac Lake, NY

#14 Feb 15, 2012
i am buying all the drinks for the ladies and they have to shut down because they cant keep anything in stock with all my demand.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#15 Feb 15, 2012
Droopy Draws wrote:
Retaliation over the parking issue?
Looks like it...
word

Ithaca, NY

#16 Feb 15, 2012
Actually the whole family is moving out of state, as soon as everything is finalized.
OKkk

United States

#17 Feb 15, 2012
Droopy Draws wrote:
That would be a great spot for a specialty shop. There are enough taverns on that block and they probably aren't making enough money there in order to make it profitable. It would be great as something else.
the only business that works downtown is a bar/tavern...no place to park...its perfect for keeping people from behind the wheel and perfect for those that have to park so far away the cops never see them go from bar to car...
tammy

Ithaca, NY

#18 Feb 18, 2012
really try running a bar in massena, then talk to me
Just Do It

Ithaca, NY

#19 Feb 19, 2012
Only way for a bar to really survive in this town is to serve food also. No other way

Syracuse, NY

#20 Feb 19, 2012
OKkk wrote:
<quoted text>
the only business that works downtown is a bar/tavern...no place to park...its perfect for keeping people from behind the wheel and perfect for those that have to park so far away the cops never see them go from bar to car...
Not true. during nice weather people would walk a few blocks to browse through specialty shops. I will give an example of New Hope Pennsylvania. Basically, it's like downtown Massena. In the summer months the main street there is jammed with foot traffic. I personally find it a little pathetic that people devise plans to avoid dwi's in a way that you describe. Eventually, everyone's luck runs out and it'll be your turn to go in front of a judge. I truly believe downtown could and would be a high traffic tourist and local place to go and window shop or find neat items that you would not find at the box stores. It can be done but the effort put into it to date has been little to none.
Hammer

Massena, NY

#21 Feb 19, 2012
He should give the bar to Junior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Home Depot 1 hr Homer 2
ultimate flooring installer 2 hr screwed customer 5
Alcoa announces review underway that could lead... 3 hr tinman 2
On A Roll Deli 6 hr just saying 1
Salvation Army 16 hr Methinks 15
Best pizza 20 hr yup 18
Review: Angel's Nails (Aug '13) 20 hr hate cheaters 12
Massena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web