should sex offenders be allowed visit...

should sex offenders be allowed visitation with their kids

Posted in the Massena Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

Syracuse, NY

#1 Sep 19, 2012
what is all your opinions on this subject and please don't hold back.
Creepie

United States

#2 Sep 19, 2012
I think it depends on the nature of their offense.

A 22 year old man that had sex with a non-related16 year old? It's illegal, and I agree with that much, but there's no reason he can see his children if he has them.

A man or woman molesting their own kids? Definitely not.

It would be unfair to pass a blanket law prohibiting all people convicted of sex crimes from seeing their children.
I know 1

Massena, NY

#3 Sep 20, 2012
If a grown adult chose to have sex with a child up to age 16, NO! They see children as sexual partners not children. I say NO visitation.
Creepie

United States

#4 Sep 20, 2012
I know 1 wrote:
If a grown adult chose to have sex with a child up to age 16, NO! They see children as sexual partners not children. I say NO visitation.
Right, I agree that it is wrong and I'm not arguing that it should be (and is) illegal.

But that does not indicate a desire to have sex with your own children. I see no reason to bar visitation.
my gosh

Auburn, NY

#5 Sep 20, 2012
do you really consider this a topic? go and ask a professional and get an informed empirical answer which is what their education and experience entails.
Stink Fist

Brasher Falls, NY

#6 Sep 20, 2012
Creepie wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, I agree that it is wrong and I'm not arguing that it should be (and is) illegal.
But that does not indicate a desire to have sex with your own children. I see no reason to bar visitation.
For the child it is a no win situation. If separated from the parent in an effort to keep it safe, the child loses out on having their parent in their lives. If the child has contact with the parent and IS abused, then it suffers the issues and recovery associated with it. So either way the child looses.

Here is food for thought. Just because a sex offender wouldnt make a victim of their own child doesnt mean that the safety of their friends is guaranteed.
Creepie

United States

#8 Sep 20, 2012
Stink Fist wrote:
<quoted text>For the child it is a no win situation. If separated from the parent in an effort to keep it safe, the child loses out on having their parent in their lives. If the child has contact with the parent and IS abused, then it suffers the issues and recovery associated with it. So either way the child looses.

Here is food for thought. Just because a sex offender wouldnt make a victim of their own child doesnt mean that the safety of their friends is guaranteed.
Right, but the question here wasn't "should the sex offender be allowed near his children's friends". Visitation, to me, means supervised visits, either with a county employee as the supervisor or another adult, preferably the other parent.
mike

Auburn, NY

#9 Oct 9, 2012
Are you kidding? Someone in this town was convicted of sexually battery with a child under 11 and he lives with his daughter or someone's little girl not a day over 12 they are attached at the hip it creepy as he lllll he was convicted in Massachusetts so this town probably doesn't even know....sad
jd

Auburn, NY

#10 Oct 9, 2012
Who
yup yup

Utica, NY

#11 Oct 9, 2012
Depends on the circumstances a person can be labeled a sex offender for being with someone they thought was old enough only to discover they were lied to, on the other hand if it is some perv who has molested a small child , then hell no....
yes

Ardsley, NY

#12 Oct 9, 2012
Supervised visits at the library
Watch your children

Massena, NY

#13 Oct 9, 2012
There are 44 sex offenders living in Massena. These are Level 2 and Level 3. Pretty sad.
Oh Jeez

Earlville, NY

#14 Oct 11, 2012
You guys really need to stop! Most of the sex offenders in this town are guys who were barely 18 and slept with their 16 year old girlfriend! Which if that be the case than there should be no visitation stipulations. Which if he was a sex offender while you were with him, and you had a child with him, then it seems to me this is something you are just trying to use against him now because you are no longer with him! Seems people use this to be vindictive and hurtful, if he was good enough to be around your kid when you were with him he is good enough now! And if this be the case than the only people you are hurting are your children!
Common Cents

Rochester, NY

#15 Oct 11, 2012
I know 1 wrote:
There are different variations of child sex abuse - people use the term Pedophile as a blanket name for all offenders when that is NOT the case, there are different age ranges and each has a specific name, which are not being used correctly.

People who have sex with partners from ages 15 to 17, especially in a consenting form (not actual forcible rape) are NOT attracted to children under 10 in the overwhelming majority of cases 90% or more.
Oh Jeez

Pascoag, RI

#16 Oct 11, 2012
Common Cents wrote:
<quoted text>
There are different variations of child sex abuse - people use the term Pedophile as a blanket name for all offenders when that is NOT the case, there are different age ranges and each has a specific name, which are not being used correctly.
People who have sex with partners from ages 15 to 17, especially in a consenting form (not actual forcible rape) are NOT attracted to children under 10 in the overwhelming majority of cases 90% or more.
I totally agree with you 100%! Not every sex offender is a Pedophile!
yes

United States

#17 Oct 11, 2012
Oh Jeez wrote:
<quoted text>I totally agree with you 100%! Not every sex offender is a Pedophile!
Some disgusting people rape old women in nursing homes and hospitals
no no no

Syracuse, NY

#18 Oct 12, 2012
no way should anybody who is a sex offender be given custody let alone unsupervised visits with any child period. they are sex offenders for a reason.
Common Cents

Rochester, NY

#19 Oct 15, 2012
no no no wrote:
no way should anybody who is a sex offender be given custody let alone unsupervised visits with any child period. they are sex offenders for a reason.
You shouldnt be allowed to reproduce kids, since you lack the proper brain power.
good try

Syracuse, NY

#20 Oct 16, 2012
Common Cents wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldnt be allowed to reproduce kids, since you lack the proper brain power.
you must be with one of these sex offenders with a response like that either that or you are one
unbeliveable

Boston, MA

#21 Oct 17, 2012
I think level 2 and 3 offenders shouldbt see the light of day. If a girl lied to guy about her age in high school or a guy got drunk and publicy urinate at a playground at 2am that's one thing and people are stupid to label that sex offenders. But if u r so sick in the head as to do something against someone's will u should have ur nuts chopped off and be locked up. If there where no murderers or rapist in this world it would be a lot better place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two Massena residents charged with felonies for... 1 hr Eternally wonderi... 3
News Father and son charged following assault on Mas... 11 hr Plinko 16
Wiener Mobile 11 hr Holy Smokes 7
News Massena woman jailed for theft of services, res... 12 hr idiot 9
What Do You Think About Redheads? (Sep '10) 20 hr flaming storm 160
Massena Home of the WEINER Wed prime beef 4
Weiner factory coming to massena?? Wed Fact Jack 3

Massena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massena Mortgages