3/10/13 pit attacks less than 2 yr old

Posted in the Massena Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
manslaughter on legs

Auburn, NY

#1 Mar 10, 2013
NEVER DONE ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE - UNPROVOKED - SEEMS YOU HEAR THAT A LOT CONCERNING PITBULLS - THERE'S BEEN A LOT OF RECENT ATTACKS IN MARYLAND - PROBABLY WHY THE BILL TO APPEAL OR CHANGE THEIR RECENTLY ENACTED BSL IS MOST LIKELY GOING TO BE KILLED

Toddler Bitten In Face By Pit Bull Mix In Dundalk
March 10, 2013 8:00 PM
Share on email 18
View Comments

Reporting Derek Valcourt
Filed Under

Local, News, Syndicated Local
Related Tags

DUNDALK, Md.(WJZ)— A child, less than two-years-old, is bitten by a pit bull. The dog has been taken by animal control.

Derek Valcourt was in the Dundalk neighborhood where it happened.

We are told that little girl was sent to Johns Hopkins Pediatric Center with a pretty good gash over her eye. She needed several stitches after this frightening ordeal.

WJZ was the only news crew there as the dog named “Raven” was turned over to Baltimore County Animal Control already in muzzle.

A family member was visibly upset to have to surrender the dog. Neighbors say they heard the frantic screams for help.

“All the police cars cars came and I saw the kid come out. I guess it was her mother holding her and she had blood all down her,” a neighbor said.

Police say the little girl’s family was getting ready to leave the house. She was about to get off the couch when police say the dog attacked her–unprovoked.

“I was upstairs and everything happened so quick,” said Mark Southern.

Mark Southern says Raven is part of his family, calling her a pitbull-beagle mix. The little girl he says was the daughter of a family friend who was visiting. He says he did not see the dog bite.

“I feel very bad. They are very good friends of the family, very close friends of the family. I love them a lot and it’s terrible. I don’t know what to say, I’m just so shook up over it. I don’t know what to say,” Southern said.

Valcourt:“Had this dog ever done anything like that before?”

Southern:“No, she’s never done anything like that before.”

Mark Southern says he’s not sure if he even wants to get the dog back. We are told that little girl is in stable condition.

No word yet if charges will be filed in the case
CD Dont Work

Hudson, NY

#2 Mar 10, 2013
How do you find Ronald McDonald at a nude beach?

He's the one with the sesame seed buns!
manslaughter on legs

Auburn, NY

#3 Mar 11, 2013
CD Dont Work wrote:
How do you find Ronald McDonald at a nude beach?
He's the one with the sesame seed buns!
THIS IS ANOTHER REASON YOU ARE AN UNFIT MOTHER YOU TELL JOKES WHILE A BABY HAS BEEN MEDIVACED TO A HOSPITAL - LOTS OF MOTHERLY INSTINCT GOING ON THERE - I FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR CHILDREN AND ANY OTHER CHILDREN IN YOUR PRESENCE
CD Dont Work

Hudson, NY

#4 Mar 11, 2013

action alert!
In some countries, 7 in 10 women will be beaten, raped, mutilated or otherwise abused in their lifetimes. It's time for our leaders to take a stand.
Work to End Violence Against Women Worldwide!

please share
it helps!

Violence against women is a horrifying, serious problem nationwide. In some countries, 7 in 10 women will be beaten, raped, abused, or mutilated in their lifetimes. These aren't just numbers -- these are mothers, sisters, daughters, lovers, and friends who face real danger every day.

In the United States, we're lucky in some respects. Our Congress just passed the Violence Against Women Act, although it took months of using the lives of women and girls as political leverage to do it. But millions of American women are still suffering from rape, domestic abuse, and sexual violence -- and signing a bill won't be enough unless our leaders take necessary action.

We also must act in solidarity with women around the world who face direct violence at the hands of their own country's police and government forces. If we don't demand that our leaders stand up for their protection, who will?

On International Women's Day this past Friday, it was great to remember how far we've come. But we must not forget how far we have to go.

Ask President Obama and leaders around the world to take steps to end violence against women.

Thank you for taking action,

Kathleen
Care2 and ThePetitionSite Team

PROUD father of Pitbulls

Massena, NY

#5 Mar 11, 2013
You know manslaughter I don't understand why you feel you need to post stuff on the Massena Forum that 1) anybody in this area can look up and read if they want to and 2) stuff that doesn't apply to our area. We don't have a pitbull problem in Massena like you seem to think. I'm starting to wonder if this hatred is because you have a neighbor who has a pitbull that doesn't conform to your image of them because for some reason you're afraid of them and that just makes you so mad but there's nothing you can do so you come on here and rant about it thinking someone is gonna take your side but no one does. Why don't you go post these newsflashes to the forums for the towns they happened in. Your little posts don't apply to our area so why are you wasting your time posting them. What you couldn't find a better forum to run your mouth on? Go get a life or a hobby or just stay on your meds and stare at a wall all day.
PROUD father of Pitbulls

Massena, NY

#7 Mar 11, 2013
I understand all that, Annie but the joke that she or he calls informing people is just too good to stand down from. I've given up trying to get them to see a point of view that they are just willingly blind to for whatever reason. I think it's because she's jealous that she's has no friends and that not even dogs want to be her friend. But we can sit here and ponder why she is the way she is until we're all blue in the face and at the end of it all it'll just be pointless. So I'm gonna become as pointless and ridiculous as her. From here on out I am lobbying for CSL (Chicken Specific Legislation), they fight just like dogs do and they're nasty! We need legislation on them.
CD Dont Work

Hudson, NY

#11 Mar 11, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to reason with a rooster, but I have two that I really like, as well as one psychotic rooster. So I don't want to get rid of mine, at least not all of them. And, as unreasonable as they are, they're still entertaining. Whenever I see one running across the field, I think fondly of OCD, as they have so much in common. Also, since I like to eat chicken, I don't think getting rid of all roosters is a good thing.
Annie you can't say only one is violent after all they are all roosters who come from an egg. I think if we were to look back in the chicken families they are all related. The two who you think are ok may just have brains that will eventually outgrow their heads and go crazy after all they all live on the same farm so they much be related. You need to be careful Annie, there are three of them and only one of you. I wouldn't want to see you in a headline.
CD Dont Work

Hudson, NY

#13 Mar 11, 2013
Oh ok I agree even if you get plucked by your roosters we will never see it in the paper unless OCD or some reporter who wants to make a name for himself figures out that you might have a dog who's grandmother's uncles, best friends brother had a pit bull who escaped and may have passed your farm on his way to commit murder and mayhem in another town 100 yrs ago and that will prove that your chickens are part Pit and that is why they are mean, mean, mean as well as outright liars. That is a documented verifiable fact and I still don't like chickens except in a stew.
PROUD father of Pitbulls

Massena, NY

#14 Mar 11, 2013
Oh and hey anti-pit peoples Roosters are specifically bread for cockfighting! Yep that's right people breed certain roosters for fighting. All the more reason we need CSL! don't believe me fine hear read about it :http://www.aspca.org/fight-an imal-cruelty/cockfighting.aspx

Says it right there in the first sentence! so why aren't you screaming for CSL?? Roosters attack people too!

And lets look at other animals that were bred for one reason and we now use for another. Horses were bred for working not show yet we use them in show riding. Can anyone else thing of other animals that were bred for one reason but now used for another....???
Annie

Yorkville, NY

#15 Mar 12, 2013
What? Another hit and run? The only response OCD has made after starting this post is to call someone an unfit mother. Lashing out in a personal matter, especially one she knows nothing about, is no way to gain credibility in the effort to promote BSL.
manslaughter on legs

Auburn, NY

#16 Mar 12, 2013
PROUD father of Pitbulls wrote:
You know manslaughter I don't understand why you feel you need to post stuff on the Massena Forum that 1) anybody in this area can look up and read if they want to and 2) stuff that doesn't apply to our area. We don't have a pitbull problem in Massena like you seem to think. I'm starting to wonder if this hatred is because you have a neighbor who has a pitbull that doesn't conform to your image of them because for some reason you're afraid of them and that just makes you so mad but there's nothing you can do so you come on here and rant about it thinking someone is gonna take your side but no one does. Why don't you go post these newsflashes to the forums for the towns they happened in. Your little posts don't apply to our area so why are you wasting your time posting them. What you couldn't find a better forum to run your mouth on? Go get a life or a hobby or just stay on your meds and stare at a wall all day.
it's called public awareness and it is what affects change nobody around here would know of these things happening and even if they don't open the thread they will read the headline and realize how many of these savage maulings and piticides happen but i suspect with the fascination with blood and gore that this country has lots are reading them even if they don't comment on them - and why does it bother you so much that i am posting the truth - allow me my right to freedom of speech - just because a child hasn't been killed around here doesn't mean we shouldn't care about children elsewhere only non humans would not care - we haven't had a school shooting around here either so according to your argument we shouldn't care about the other children killed in them - right non human - none of my neighbors will ever have pitbulls on my street because i would call and complain every single day to animal control and the owners would get sick of it and get rid of the frankenmauler or move - already done it - and if these don't apply to this area and are meaningless because of that why exactly are you so up in arms about them - why do you care so much if i am only wasting my time - and if i am wasting my time and nobody agrees why do you feel the need to tell numerous outright lies about pits and feel the need to discredit someone who is only exercising their right to free speech and telling the documented verifiable truth about pitbulls - very telling isn't it - now if you can't bring yourself to tell the truth maybe your dr. has some meds for that he could make a fortune selling them to pitnutters alone
manslaughter on legs

Auburn, NY

#17 Mar 12, 2013
Annie wrote:
What? Another hit and run? The only response OCD has made after starting this post is to call someone an unfit mother. Lashing out in a personal matter, especially one she knows nothing about, is no way to gain credibility in the effort to promote BSL.
you would know all about lashing out in a personal matter "all of you" have bashed me to no end in almost every single post "all of you" have made - HYPOCRITE - anyone who allows their children around breeds of dogs that kill more children than any other breed are unfit parents and "me again" has no problem bashing me so if she can dish it out she better be able to take it and according to your argument she is not gaining any credibility in the effort to promote pits - right - HYPOCRITE - and i don't see you admonishing her or the "rest of you" pitnutters for bashing me - i guess it's alright as long as you pitnutters are doing it - right - HYPOCRITE - maybe they have some meds for hypocrites - isn't it you pitnutters who always bash me about mental illness and meds - HYPOCRITE - and you are not gaining any credibility compulsively outright lying all the time now.....

WHY ARE YOU AVOIDING EXPLAINING WHY YOU TOLD A GIGANTIC LIBELOUS OUTRIGHT LIE WHEN YOU STATED THAT DOGSBITE.ORG COLLECTS DONATIONS FOR VICTIMS AND NEVER GIVES THEM TO THEM WHEN YOU KNEW THAT WAS AN OUTRIGHT LIE AND KNEW YOU HAD ABSOLUTELY NO FACTUAL EVIDENCE TO BACK UP THAT OUTRIGHT LIE - WHY ARE YOU HIDING FROM THIS-
CD Dont Work

Hudson, NY

#18 Mar 12, 2013
Ohio town mourns 6 teens killed in mysterious car crash

Scott R. Galvin / AP

Mindy Morgan reads a note at the memorial where six teens were killed in a car crash on Park Ave. in Warren, Ohio on March 10.

By Andrew Rafferty, Staff Writer, NBC News

An Ohio town was in mourning on Sunday after a single-car crash took the lives of six teenagers, the deadliest car accident the Buckeye State has seen in three years.

Around 7 a.m. local time, a sport utility vehicle carrying eight people in Warren, Ohio veered to the left, hit a guardrail and flew out of control, according to Ohio State Highway Patrol. The car came to rest in a pond, and only two of the teens were able to escape and find help.

A joyride in northeast Ohio ended tragically after an SUV slammed into a guard rail and flipped into a swamp, killing six teens inside. Two others were injured in the crash early Sunday morning.

Killed in the crash were 19-year-old Alexis Cayson, 14-year-old Andrique Bennett, 17-year-old Brandon Murray, and 15-year-olds Kirklan Behner, Daylan Ray, and Ramone White.

All the victims were from Warren, Ohio, about 60 miles east of Cleveland.

Brian Henry, 18, and Asher Lewis, 15, survived and were taken to a local hospital and later released.

Authorities say the Honda Passport was traveling at "highway speeds" when the driver hit the guard rail on a street where the speed limit is 35 mph. Some of the occupants were wearing seat belts, though it is unclear how many. The SUV only has five seats.

Tom Sheeran / AP

A Honda Passport that crashed into a guardrail and flipped over into a swampy pond Sunday morning in Warren, Ohio, killing six teenagers.

The teens were all friends, but investigators say it is still unclear where they were coming from or going to. At a press conference Sunday night, State Highway Patrol Lt. Brian Holt said,“none of the occupants of the vehicle had expressed permission to be in possession of the vehicle.” The car's owner lives in nearby Youngstown, Ohio, though the automobile had not been reported stolen. Police said it is unclear at this time what the connection is between the vehicle owner and the teens.

Police also declined to speculate on drug use or alcohol pending the results of a toxicology report.

As news spread of crash, mourners throughout the community visited the scene of the accident to grieve. Along with the grief came questions of how it happened and why the victims were out at the early hour.

A local school where several of the teens attended was opened to the community to come for counseling. Counselors will be on hand Monday as well as students return from the weekend.

“It’s going to be a rough week, a rough rest of the school year,” said Michael Notar, Warren school superintendent.

manslaughter on legs

Auburn, NY

#19 Mar 12, 2013
CD Dont Work wrote:
Ohio town mourns 6 teens killed in mysterious car crash
Scott R. Galvin / AP
Mindy Morgan reads a note at the memorial where six teens were killed in a car crash on Park Ave. in Warren, Ohio on March 10.
By Andrew Rafferty, Staff Writer, NBC News
An Ohio town was in mourning on Sunday after a single-car crash took the lives of six teenagers, the deadliest car accident the Buckeye State has seen in three years.
Around 7 a.m. local time, a sport utility vehicle carrying eight people in Warren, Ohio veered to the left, hit a guardrail and flew out of control, according to Ohio State Highway Patrol. The car came to rest in a pond, and only two of the teens were able to escape and find help.
A joyride in northeast Ohio ended tragically after an SUV slammed into a guard rail and flipped into a swamp, killing six teens inside. Two others were injured in the crash early Sunday morning.
Killed in the crash were 19-year-old Alexis Cayson, 14-year-old Andrique Bennett, 17-year-old Brandon Murray, and 15-year-olds Kirklan Behner, Daylan Ray, and Ramone White.
All the victims were from Warren, Ohio, about 60 miles east of Cleveland.
Brian Henry, 18, and Asher Lewis, 15, survived and were taken to a local hospital and later released.
Authorities say the Honda Passport was traveling at "highway speeds" when the driver hit the guard rail on a street where the speed limit is 35 mph. Some of the occupants were wearing seat belts, though it is unclear how many. The SUV only has five seats.
Tom Sheeran / AP
A Honda Passport that crashed into a guardrail and flipped over into a swampy pond Sunday morning in Warren, Ohio, killing six teenagers.
The teens were all friends, but investigators say it is still unclear where they were coming from or going to. At a press conference Sunday night, State Highway Patrol Lt. Brian Holt said,“none of the occupants of the vehicle had expressed permission to be in possession of the vehicle.” The car's owner lives in nearby Youngstown, Ohio, though the automobile had not been reported stolen. Police said it is unclear at this time what the connection is between the vehicle owner and the teens.
Police also declined to speculate on drug use or alcohol pending the results of a toxicology report.
As news spread of crash, mourners throughout the community visited the scene of the accident to grieve. Along with the grief came questions of how it happened and why the victims were out at the early hour.
A local school where several of the teens attended was opened to the community to come for counseling. Counselors will be on hand Monday as well as students return from the weekend.
“It’s going to be a rough week, a rough rest of the school year,” said Michael Notar, Warren school superintendent.
YOU CAN'T STAY ON TOPIC BECAUSE YOU KNOW IF YOU POST ABOUT PITS I WILL PROVE YOU TO BE OUTRIGHT LYING AGAIN - SCARED
Eman Resu

Syracuse, NY

#20 Mar 12, 2013
manslaughter on legs wrote:
<quoted text>it's called public awareness and it is what affects change nobody around here would know of these things happening and even if they don't open the thread they will read the headline and realize how many of these savage maulings and piticides happen but i suspect with the fascination with blood and gore that this country has lots are reading them even if they don't comment on them - and why does it bother you so much that i am posting the truth - allow me my right to freedom of speech - just because a child hasn't been killed around here doesn't mean we shouldn't care about children elsewhere only non humans would not care - we haven't had a school shooting around here either so according to your argument we shouldn't care about the other children killed in them - right non human - none of my neighbors will ever have pitbulls on my street because i would call and complain every single day to animal control and the owners would get sick of it and get rid of the frankenmauler or move - already done it - and if these don't apply to this area and are meaningless because of that why exactly are you so up in arms about them - why do you care so much if i am only wasting my time - and if i am wasting my time and nobody agrees why do you feel the need to tell numerous outright lies about pits and feel the need to discredit someone who is only exercising their right to free speech and telling the documented verifiable truth about pitbulls - very telling isn't it - now if you can't bring yourself to tell the truth maybe your dr. has some meds for that he could make a fortune selling them to pitnutters alone
So you make up lies to get someone to move or get rid of their dog, simply calling up animal control and saying someone owns s pit bull won't do anything.
heres a thought

Auburn, NY

#21 Mar 12, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I've not been available. Work keeps me busy, as well as my kids and the farm.
Proud Father, I have to respond to this. Have you looked at the times she posts? She has nothing but time to waste, and this is the only place she feels she has any power. She's obviously reclusive, probably not by choice, and is paranoid. She feels she does not need to abide by society's norms as you can see regarding the lack of cyber etiquette, obviously narcissistic and sociopathic. I would hope she is on meds, although I doubt she takes them faithfully. This is her arena, the only place she can delude herself into thinking she's winning, probably because she can operate anonymously and so won't get beaten up. You were right, she is not long on intelligence, which is the market Colleen Lynn preys upon. She recites her mantra mindlessly.
She, unfortunately has a right to post this garbage, just as pitsbite does, although they have to state that they are a blog, a bunch of opinions. OCD doesn't get that.
and exactly why do care how much time i waste you post on here just as much as i do and i see again today you are full of wild unsubstantiated claims that you will never back up with anything instead of trying to guess what i do and don't do why don't you explain why you told that gigantic libelous outright lie when you stated that dogsbite.org collects donations for victims and never gives them to them when you knew that was an outright lie and knew you had absolutely no factual evidence to back up that outright lie - instead of analyzing me why don't you analyze you own libelous outright lying behavior - and by the way the societal norm is to not tell libelous outright lies in case you didn't know it's also a sin in case you didn't know and you recite the outright lying mantra of your proven outright lying pitnutter sites - HYPOCRITE - and most everything on dogsbite,.org is documented verifiable fact and she does include her opinions on those documented verifiable fact unlike your proven outright lying pitnutter sites....... NOW WHY ARE YOU AVOIDING EXPLAININGG WHY YOU TOLD A GIGANTIC LIBELOUS OUTRIGHT LIE WHEN YOU STATED THAT DOGSBITE.ORG COLLECTS DONATIONS FOR VICTIMS AND NEVER GIVES THEM TO THEM WHEN YOU KNEW THAT WAS AN OUTRIGHT LIE AND KNEW YOU HAD ABSOLUTELY NO FACTUAL EVIDENCE TO BACK UP THAT OUTRIGHT LIE - WHY ARE YOU HIDING FROM THIS - LIBELOUS OUTRIGHT LIAR
manslaughter on legs

Auburn, NY

#22 Mar 12, 2013
Toddler Bitten In Face By Pit Bull Mix In Dundalk
March 10, 2013 8:00 PM

DUNDALK, Md.(WJZ)— A child, less than two-years-old, is bitten by a pit bull. The dog has been taken by animal control.
Derek Valcourt was in the Dundalk neighborhood where it happened.
We are told that little girl was sent to Johns Hopkins Pediatric Center with a pretty good gash over her eye. She needed several stitches after this frightening ordeal.
WJZ was the only news crew there as the dog named “Raven” was turned over to Baltimore County Animal Control already in muzzle.
A family member was visibly upset to have to surrender the dog. Neighbors say they heard the frantic screams for help.
“All the police cars cars came and I saw the kid come out. I guess it was her mother holding her and she had blood all down her,” a neighbor said.
Police say the little girl’s family was getting ready to leave the house. She was about to get off the couch when police say the dog attacked her–unprovoked.
“I was upstairs and everything happened so quick,” said Mark Southern.
Mark Southern says Raven is part of his family, calling her a pitbull-beag
THIS MUTANT DOG WON'T BE BREEDING ANY MORE MUTANT DOGS - GOOD

Toddler Attack: Pit Bull Mix Labeled Dangerous & Was Euthanized
March 11, 2013 9:48 PM

Reporting Derek Valcourt

DUNDALK, Md.(WJZ)—Baltimore County Animal Control has euthanized the pit bull mix dog that bit a little girl on the face this weekend in Dundalk.

Derek Valcourt reports the incident comes as the General Assembly considers toughening the state’s dog bite laws.

What happened to that little girl is a perfect example of why some say Maryland’s laws need to change.

At issue is under what circumstance should dog owners be held liable when their dog attacks.

WJZ cameras were the only ones there as the pit bull mix named Raven was surrendered to Animal Control on Sunday after it bit a 20 month girl in the face at a home in the 7200-block of Conely Street.

The girl received several stitches.

Its owner says he was shocked and that the dog had never done anything like this before.

“I’m so shook up over it. I don’t know what to say,” said Mark Southard, dog owner.

Under current Maryland law, dog owners can’t be held responsible for a bite unless their dog has bitten someone at least once before.

But some lawmakers think Maryland should join 35 other states by adopting what’s called strict liability.

“Strict liability says if your dog bites, your responsible. Simple as that,” said Sen. Lisa Gladden, D-Baltimore.

But getting lawmakers to agree is not so simple.

Almost everyone in Annapolis wants to reverse last year’s ruling from Maryland’s highest court that labeled purebred pit bulls as inherently dangerous– in turn holding their owners automatically liable for any bite.

“So you’ve got a different rule in effect for attacks by pure bred pit bulls than you do by any other breed. I think you ought to have the same rule in effect for all dog bites,” said Sen. Brian Frosh- D-Montogmery County.

Sen. Frosh helped reach a compromise bill, which does presume all dogs–not just pit bulls–have the potential to bite.

Dog owners can then defend themselves in court by presenting evidence and letting a jury decide whether the dog’s owner should be held responsible for the bite.

But this is where it gets sticky.

Right now the House and Senate committees can’t agree on how much proof needs to be presented in court for the dog owner to defend themselves.

Health officials say it will be up to the family of the little girl bitten in Dundalk to decide whether they want to press criminal charges against the dog’s owner–who is a close family friend.
manslaughter on legs

Auburn, NY

#23 Mar 12, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to reason with a rooster, but I have two that I really like, as well as one psychotic rooster. So I don't want to get rid of mine, at least not all of them. And, as unreasonable as they are, they're still entertaining. Whenever I see one running across the field, I think fondly of OCD, as they have so much in common. Also, since I like to eat chicken, I don't think getting rid of all roosters is a good thing.
SEE ANNIE PITS DO JUST FLIP FOR NO REASON THIS WAS A TOTALLY UNPROVOKED ATTACK BY A FRANKENMAULER THAT WAS NEVER ABUSED - ANOTHER PITNUTTER WHO REALIZES THE HARD WAY THAT THE REST OF THE PITNUTTERS OUTRIGHT LIED TO HIM THUS CREATING MORE VICTIMS - AND ANYONE ALLOWING CHILDREN TO BE AROUND BREEDS OF DOGS WHO ARE WELL DOCUMENTED FOR FLIPPING FOR NO REASON IS AN UNFIT PARENT

Dog bite victim's uncle talks about saving her

Pit bull mix attacked toddler in Dundalk
VideoPhoto

Advertisement

Posted: 11:34 PM
Last Updated: 4 hours and 3 minutes ago

By: Christian Schaffer
Maryland’s latest pit bull attack comes amid the debate over the future of those dogs, and all dogs that’s going on in Annapolis.

On Sunday, inside of a home in the 7200 block of Conley Street in Dundalk, a woman put her daughter down on a sofa as they prepared to leave.

“I mean she was just laying there sleeping; the dog jumped up and that was it. I mean just went after her that was it,” said Nathan Bellman, the toddler’s uncle.“I turned my back to go grab my jacket; as I took two or three steps, that's when it happened"

The dog jumped on the girl; Bellman pulled off the dog, "Raven" -- a three-year-old pit bull mix. But the dog had already bitten the girl in the face.

“To be honest I thought it was really life-threatening,” Bellman said.“Because of the intensity of the situation, the blood, and just everything. I mean it was bad.”

Rescue crews got the girl to the hospital; she is expected to recover. But Bellman says her face will always bear the scars of what happened on Sunday.

“This will definitely change her life,” he said.

Meanwhile, in Annapolis legislators have been working on a compromise on pit bull legislation.

Last year the Maryland Court of Appeals ruled that pit bulls are "inherently dangerous."

Legislators are working on a bill that would extend the ruling to all dogs, but allow owners to defend themselves from dog bite lawsuits.

The State Senate's version of the bill is different from the House of Delegates’ version, which passed unanimously last month.

If the two chambers can't come together, the Court of Appeals ruling would remain in effect.

Nathan Bellman says neither he nor members of his family ever mistreated their dogs; but the incident has changed his personal view of pit bulls:“After seeing it myself, I would never own another one,” he said.“I would never allow one around my kids or my family ever again.”

He also said he believes the problem is that there's no way to tell what kind of a pit bull mix any particular dog might be, and he thinks legislators should be spending more time on that issue.“No one's regulating how they're being bred, and no one knows where most of these animals are coming from,” he said.

Animal Control put the dog down on Monday, with the support of its family.

The State Senate is expected to debate its version of the pit bull bill on Tuesday.
Eman Resu

Syracuse, NY

#24 Mar 12, 2013
"It's called public awareness and it is what affects change nobody around here would know of these things happening and even if they don't open the thread they will read the headline and realize how many of these savage maulings and piticides happen but i suspect with the fascination with blood and gore that this country has lots are reading them even if they don't comment on them - and why does it bother you so much that i am posting the truth - allow me my right to freedom of speech - just because a child hasn't been killed around here doesn't mean we shouldn't care about children elsewhere only non humans would not care - we haven't had a school shooting around here either so according to your argument we shouldn't care about the other children killed in them - right non human - none of my neighbors will ever have pitbulls on my street because i would call and complain every single day to animal control and the owners would get sick of it and get rid of the frankenmauler or move - already done it - and if these don't apply to this area and are meaningless because of that why exactly are you so up in arms about them - why do you care so much if i am only wasting my time - and if i am wasting my time and nobody agrees why do you feel the need to tell numerous outright lies about pits and feel the need to discredit someone who is only exercising their right to free speech and telling the documented verifiable truth about pitbulls - very telling isn't it - now if you can't bring yourself to tell the truth maybe your dr. has some meds for that he could make a fortune selling them to pitnutters alone"

So you make up lies to get someone to move or get rid of their dog, simply calling up animal control and saying someone owns s pit bull won't do anything.
lifeflight bulls

Auburn, NY

#25 Mar 12, 2013
Eman Resu wrote:
"It's called public awareness and it is what affects change nobody around here would know of these things happening and even if they don't open the thread they will read the headline and realize how many of these savage maulings and piticides happen but i suspect with the fascination with blood and gore that this country has lots are reading them even if they don't comment on them - and why does it bother you so much that i am posting the truth - allow me my right to freedom of speech - just because a child hasn't been killed around here doesn't mean we shouldn't care about children elsewhere only non humans would not care - we haven't had a school shooting around here either so according to your argument we shouldn't care about the other children killed in them - right non human - none of my neighbors will ever have pitbulls on my street because i would call and complain every single day to animal control and the owners would get sick of it and get rid of the frankenmauler or move - already done it - and if these don't apply to this area and are meaningless because of that why exactly are you so up in arms about them - why do you care so much if i am only wasting my time - and if i am wasting my time and nobody agrees why do you feel the need to tell numerous outright lies about pits and feel the need to discredit someone who is only exercising their right to free speech and telling the documented verifiable truth about pitbulls - very telling isn't it - now if you can't bring yourself to tell the truth maybe your dr. has some meds for that he could make a fortune selling them to pitnutters alone"
i will do what i have to to keep pitbulls off my street they kill more people than 300+ different breeds of dogs added together and there are too many children around pitbulls kill more children than any other breed of dog and wasn't it you who said that you only needed to use one name to get your point across i see you busted yourself posting under a different name and when you noticed it you then lamely said if you can do i can too more proof that you have been doing it all along you were so adamant that you didn't need to use other names so there was absolutely no reason for you to change your tune now you only did because you knew you were caught red handed - you're not fooling anyone - and by the way feeling threatened by an animal is relative if you get my drift

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amanda Kinney R.I.P. 20 yrs ago (Apr '10) 7 hr TBorey 15
Censorship 9 hr Vet 9
Open net 9 hr Timmy Timber 24
Town and Country Vet - Massena 12 hr nosey is as nosey... 28
Is 49 Phillip St. haunted (Oct '15) Sun nosey is as nosey... 14
Massena Car dealerships Oct 12 nosey is as nosey... 2
Massena Red Raiders Oct 11 Grow up people 13

Massena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance