Six new state troopers assigned to St...

Six new state troopers assigned to St. Lawrence County

There are 123 comments on the Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal story from Oct 28, 2012, titled Six new state troopers assigned to St. Lawrence County. In it, Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal reports that:

Six new graduates of the State Police Academy have been assigned to Trooo B's Zone 2 which encompasses St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal.

Wow

Gouverneur, NY

#25 Oct 30, 2012
barney fife wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL: WHATS THE LICENCE PLATE READER FOR? I'M SURE BEFORE PULLING A CAR OVER FOR NO LICENCE PLATE LIGHT BEING OUT,
THEY KNOW PRETTY MUCH WHAT AND WHO THEIR DEALING WITH. I DON'T NEED A COP TO GO INTO ANY ALLEY FOR ME
LET US POLICE OURSELFS
I agree that they have that ability to read the plate, but what if the car was stolen or the driver was on drugs, drunk or had someone else driving. Maybe the plate was exchanged or maybe they person just killed someone with that car. Pretty much, as you say,is far from the truth and if you had to police "ourselfs" you would not make it far I can tell you that. The smart part of your brain ran down your mothers leg I am afraid.
disgusted

Potsdam, NY

#26 Oct 30, 2012
hmmmm wrote:
they are millionnaires. over 100,000 a year, and another 40,000 a year in benefits. How can they possibly deal with the "common" man when they have no idea what it is like to struggle? They just are paid too much money! Yesterday a "retired" state trooper died on rt. 37 in malone. the roads were closed for hours. If a carpet installer had died they probably would have just kicked his corpse to the side of the road. Equal treatment for all!
What an arrogant person you are. Someone just passed away and you have this to say. Shame on you and may God have mercy on your soul.
Luke Skywalker

New Kensington, PA

#27 Oct 30, 2012
retired_lovingit go back to watching soap's on the tv. There shouldn't be such a big pay discrepancy between state and town. Town guys go through way more crap! Dumb B***H!
barney fife

Utica, NY

#28 Oct 30, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that they have that ability to read the plate, but what if the car was stolen or the driver was on drugs, drunk or had someone else driving. Maybe the plate was exchanged or maybe they person just killed someone with that car. Pretty much, as you say,is far from the truth and if you had to police "ourselfs" you would not make it far I can tell you that. The smart part of your brain ran down your mothers leg I am afraid.
So what your saying is, I should believe the same brainwashing bullshit they teach you at the police academy.(biggest violators of our constitutional rights) fk en clowns.
see, my car wouldn't be taken because i should have the right to shoot the scumbag! and let the cops clean up my mess. thats how you protect and serve.
retired_lovingit

Syracuse, NY

#29 Oct 30, 2012
Luke Skywalker wrote:
retired_lovingit go back to watching soap's on the tv. There shouldn't be such a big pay discrepancy between state and town. Town guys go through way more crap! Dumb B***H!
I NEVER watch soaps on tv and even if I did, what the hell has that to do with what we're talking about here. You are one RUDE a..hole!
lies

Fulton, NY

#30 Oct 30, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you? It is New York State Troopers and they are not referred to as police troopers. With your overuse of the word "cool" I would say about 14 or 15. Do you have anything to say to support why you think everything is (like) so cool?
We all have someone like you in our families, the one who has to be right about everything and corrects everybody!! Simmerdown douchebag, none of us care that he called them police or used the word cool, at least he/she was polite and nice.....and not an ass!!
lies

Fulton, NY

#31 Oct 30, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry WOW, but you don't come off as very bright yourself, you're more like the sauce that still clinging to your mother's leg!!
my entire life

Utica, NY

#32 Oct 30, 2012
NY Maniac wrote:
Get paid too much money...?! That's rediculous. They are paid well, and guess what, they put that money into the community, shopping, eating out, etc. But NO amount of money can compensate for getting shot at, missing family events, and doing what they do. They drag dead bloated bodies out of the river, pull mutilated bodies out of vehicle accidents, are first on the scene when someone else is shot, maybe an infant, and have to enter and clear a blood splattered room. They get to take pictures of child abuse and neglect and then go to court to testify about it and relive it. If you think the pay is so great, well sign right up! As for me, I'll just congratulate them and thank them for the job that they do.
Well most of that money does not go back into our community, most don't live here. They live outside of the city limits, and most of that money is spent elsewhere. Now I have a high regard for any police officer, no matter what agency they work for, but why should a NYSP officer make 100,000 a year, but a city police officer only makes 30,000, when they do the same job. As far as them doing those gross and nasty things that that do, NOBODY MADE THEM DO IT, THEY SIGNED UP FOR IT. They knew what the job consisted of but yet, they signed up anyways. State police are not the only police force that does these task, city police, and the sheriff department does as well. Nobody made them become cops, they volunteered, and they can quite if they want to.
Cool

Ardsley, NY

#33 Oct 30, 2012
I agree the pay discrepancy is wrong. Raise the town and city cops pay. As for most not living in the area ,where do you get your info? Almost all live close to their stations and if not they all rent apartments from locals. All spend a lot of money here. They have nicer homes usually so they put a lot of tax money back into the economy. God bless all of them. Most are very pleasant and their families are always pleasant. I wish we could get more to move to our neck of the woods.
romney supporter

Cambridge, MA

#34 Oct 30, 2012
They took the job knowing they would have to do these things but also knowing they would be fairly compensated at 100k. If you want to make 10k a year flip burgers at McDonald's. I've been there and certainly didn't make a career of it. I'm glad the state added 6 troopers in this county. This north country is invaded with illegal drugs and crime.
troopers daughter

Fulton, NY

#35 Oct 30, 2012
romney supporter wrote:
They took the job knowing they would have to do these things but also knowing they would be fairly compensated at 100k. If you want to make 10k a year flip burgers at McDonald's. I've been there and certainly didn't make a career of it. I'm glad the state added 6 troopers in this county. This north country is invaded with illegal drugs and crime.
LOLOLOL They do not make 100k a year, your dreaming!! They get paid well, but not that much!! My Dad and Uncle are both NYS Troopers!
troopers daughter

Fulton, NY

#36 Oct 30, 2012
And how sad that you support Romney, he doesn't support NYS troopers or law enforcement at all! This is America though, and we have our rights and opinions!!
Cool

Ardsley, NY

#37 Oct 30, 2012
Sorry, but they do after about 10 years.
barney fife

Utica, NY

#38 Oct 30, 2012
troopers daughter wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOLOL They do not make 100k a year, your dreaming!! They get paid well, but not that much!! My Dad and Uncle are both NYS Troopers!
Aren't you special, Do you carry your little card that lets the other dickheads know you have family in lawenforcement? Your get out of jail free card/ or do you just drop your daddy and uncles name.
troopers daughter

Fulton, NY

#39 Oct 30, 2012
Why would you assume I get in trouble, and after 10 years they barely make 90k, look at a tax return! And I have a good education! I don't know how special I am, but my life is good and i'm cared about! I take care of myself fiancially!! Your comment sounds like you have had trouble with the law, would you like me to get you your own little card or givee you some names to drop!! Sad people around here, glad I don't have to interact with any of you on a personal level!
barney fife

Utica, NY

#40 Oct 30, 2012
troopers daughter wrote:
Why would you assume I get in trouble, and after 10 years they barely make 90k, look at a tax return! And I have a good education! I don't know how special I am, but my life is good and i'm cared about! I take care of myself fiancially!! Your comment sounds like you have had trouble with the law, would you like me to get you your own little card or givee you some names to drop!! Sad people around here, glad I don't have to interact with any of you on a personal level!
You a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Just because your daddy is a cop your better then everyone else.(snob) Most suck for you not having any friends.
"The true snob never rests; there is always a higher goal to attain, and there are, by the same token, always more and more people to look down upon”
retired_lovingit

Syracuse, NY

#41 Oct 30, 2012
barney fife wrote:
<quoted text>
You a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Just because your daddy is a cop your better then everyone else.(snob) Most suck for you not having any friends.
"The true snob never rests; there is always a higher goal to attain, and there are, by the same token, always more and more people to look down upon”
She's not a snob, barney, just a bit annoyed with your sarcastic, rude remarks. Have a little respect for your fellow man, huh? Why do you need to treat her like s..t, just because you apparently despise the troopers? I imagine she is very proud of her Dad as she should be.
troopers daughter

Fulton, NY

#42 Oct 30, 2012
retired_lovingit wrote:
<quoted text>
She's not a snob, barney, just a bit annoyed with your sarcastic, rude remarks. Have a little respect for your fellow man, huh? Why do you need to treat her like s..t, just because you apparently despise the troopers? I imagine she is very proud of her Dad as she should be.
Thank you retired_lovingit, I am not a snob, I have worked since I was 16, paid for my own fun and clothes and anything else I wanted! My Dad, as well as the rest of my family taught me how to treat people with respect and I do! I am very proud of my family and I do have amazing friends, because I know how to be one!!
Luke Skywalker

New Kensington, PA

#43 Oct 31, 2012
Here we go....retarded_lovingit has found another retared on her side. Should start her out right and tell her what time the best soaps are on. Teach her how to cook too, women can't cook any more! NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!!
hmmmm

Massena, NY

#44 Oct 31, 2012
omg,my nephew has been to war for a total of 8 years and when he retires in a few years after 20 years of servicehe will receive 2 grnd a month. a state trooper retires after 20 and gets ver 4,000 a month. NOT FAIR>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Miss Piggy 1 hr Kermie 1
News Lack of disposal site for brush, leaves concern... 5 hr Matty 1
Cars 8 hr Go blue 1
lets all vortex out of massena Thu Johns plugged toilet 3
should sex offenders be allowed visitation with... (Sep '12) Thu Hello 23
Trump's finances being investigated Thu Local 304
new restaurant Wed Happy for Them 3

Massena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance