Six new state troopers assigned to St. Lawrence County

Six new graduates of the State Police Academy have been assigned to Trooo B's Zone 2 which encompasses St.

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
hhb1977

Boston, MA

#1 Oct 28, 2012
Wow. Four local police officers from three generations of the same family. Very cool. Congratulations to all.
reality

Massena, NY

#3 Oct 28, 2012
You can hire 100 new troopers, it won't do a thing for crime because the area economy is so poor from lack of decent jobs. Band-aids are expensive and wear out. Investing in local jobs and business is a long term money maker.

Until elected officials understand this, things will only continue to deteriorate.
Jdjsjsj

Bronx, NY

#4 Oct 28, 2012
They are all useless, busting kids for plants of marijuana, good job your saving lives and keep a real harmful drug off the streets. The potsdam police are the biggest pieces of shit. Disband the whole force and put our tax dollars to some real use. They cant solve real crimes and dont do anything accept break up fights at bars. I saw one with a mohawk, how professional, if most people showed up to work with a mohawk they would be sent home and reprimanded. It just shows the lack of leadership and responsibility in a job where integrity and responsibility are of the utmost importance. They need a refresher course in discipline. They were chosen to be police for a reason, and should be held to a higher standard for it.
facts

Lake Placid, NY

#5 Oct 28, 2012
true crime wont get better with no jobs\opportunitys. our govt would rather pay for half of the people around here. If you teach a man to fish he can feed himself but if you give him the fish he is a useless f***. Allof the free shit these bums are getting isnt enough so they do illegal stuff to get by. good idea uncle sam!
jessiesgrl

Sutton, MA

#7 Oct 29, 2012
Congratulations to all the new police troopers. Also cool family with all the police. Must have some cool stories?
Wow

Richville, NY

#8 Oct 29, 2012
jessiesgrl wrote:
Congratulations to all the new police troopers. Also cool family with all the police. Must have some cool stories?
How old are you? It is New York State Troopers and they are not referred to as police troopers. With your overuse of the word "cool" I would say about 14 or 15. Do you have anything to say to support why you think everything is (like) so cool?
my entire life

Ogdensburg, NY

#9 Oct 29, 2012
Jdjsjsj wrote:
They are all useless, busting kids for plants of marijuana, good job your saving lives and keep a real harmful drug off the streets. The potsdam police are the biggest pieces of shit. Disband the whole force and put our tax dollars to some real use. They cant solve real crimes and dont do anything accept break up fights at bars. I saw one with a mohawk, how professional, if most people showed up to work with a mohawk they would be sent home and reprimanded. It just shows the lack of leadership and responsibility in a job where integrity and responsibility are of the utmost importance. They need a refresher course in discipline. They were chosen to be police for a reason, and should be held to a higher standard for it.
There is nothing wrong with having a mohawk haircut. Just because you don't like it, does not mean they are not professional. What does a mohawk have to do with integrity or responsibility? I know of nobody, in my whole life, who either got fired or reprimanded because of thier haircut.
i know

Ogdensburg, NY

#10 Oct 29, 2012
the massena police just did a big herion bust

that is better than weed bust

need to get some pill pushers busted
Correction

Massena, NY

#11 Oct 29, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you? It is New York State Troopers and they are not referred to as police troopers. With your overuse of the word "cool" I would say about 14 or 15. Do you have anything to say to support why you think everything is (like) so cool?
Who cares hw old this individual is. They were paying a compliment to the NYSP. Go somewhere else with your negativity.
hmmmm

Massena, NY

#12 Oct 29, 2012
Each one a millionaire, wow
retired_lovingit

Syracuse, NY

#13 Oct 29, 2012
hmmmm wrote:
Each one a millionaire, wow
They're not millionaires, hmmmm. They all make a pretty nice salary, true, but I'd say it's fair compensation for having to strap on a bullet-proof vest before going out to work every day.
Wow

Richville, NY

#14 Oct 30, 2012
Correction wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares hw old this individual is. They were paying a compliment to the NYSP. Go somewhere else with your negativity.
I obviously cared and therefore I asked. Paying a compliment is ok...but I asked a question. I am not negative and from what I can see by your name it is not Topix Monitor so STFU.
barney fife

Ogdensburg, NY

#15 Oct 30, 2012
retired_lovingit wrote:
<quoted text>
They're not millionaires, hmmmm. They all make a pretty nice salary, true, but I'd say it's fair compensation for having to strap on a bullet-proof vest before going out to work every day.
most of you guys are dickheads,as far as the bullet proof vest goes
i know cops that have retired and never had to pull there gun.
Wow

Richville, NY

#16 Oct 30, 2012
barney fife wrote:
<quoted text>
most of you guys are dickheads,as far as the bullet proof vest goes
i know cops that have retired and never had to pull there gun.
That is great. I am glad they never had to pull a gun. But - they never know what is lurking inside that car when the pull it over or around that alley they have to go into. The NYSP are the elite police force for NYS and I have a lot of admiration for their efforts day in and day out.
hmmmm

Massena, NY

#17 Oct 30, 2012
they are millionnaires. over 100,000 a year, and another 40,000 a year in benefits. How can they possibly deal with the "common" man when they have no idea what it is like to struggle? They just are paid too much money! Yesterday a "retired" state trooper died on rt. 37 in malone. the roads were closed for hours. If a carpet installer had died they probably would have just kicked his corpse to the side of the road. Equal treatment for all!
Luke Skywalker

New Kensington, PA

#19 Oct 30, 2012
hmmmm you are right they make way to much money! Just another reason NY is so far in debt.
Real

Massena, NY

#20 Oct 30, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
That is great. I am glad they never had to pull a gun. But - they never know what is lurking inside that car when the pull it over or around that alley they have to go into. The NYSP are the elite police force for NYS and I have a lot of admiration for their efforts day in and day out.
Holy crap that is a Joke. Elite Police Force???????? Come on guy. Get the SP C@#%K out of your mouth. They are cops like the rest of the cops in New York State. All cops get the same training. What makes them elite? Writing tickets all day. Come on. Municipal Cops are where its at . City Cops have a far more dangerous job and are way more experienced. Take a look at a Troopers uniform after his shift. Probably looks perfect. Take a look at a city cops uniform after his shift. Probably all screwed up. Why????? Because the trooper did nothing when the city cop worked his arse off all night dealing with real crime.
NY Maniac

Gouverneur, NY

#21 Oct 30, 2012
Get paid too much money...?! That's rediculous. They are paid well, and guess what, they put that money into the community, shopping, eating out, etc. But NO amount of money can compensate for getting shot at, missing family events, and doing what they do. They drag dead bloated bodies out of the river, pull mutilated bodies out of vehicle accidents, are first on the scene when someone else is shot, maybe an infant, and have to enter and clear a blood splattered room. They get to take pictures of child abuse and neglect and then go to court to testify about it and relive it. If you think the pay is so great, well sign right up! As for me, I'll just congratulate them and thank them for the job that they do.
retired_lovingit

Syracuse, NY

#23 Oct 30, 2012
NY Maniac wrote:
Get paid too much money...?! That's rediculous. They are paid well, and guess what, they put that money into the community, shopping, eating out, etc. But NO amount of money can compensate for getting shot at, missing family events, and doing what they do. They drag dead bloated bodies out of the river, pull mutilated bodies out of vehicle accidents, are first on the scene when someone else is shot, maybe an infant, and have to enter and clear a blood splattered room. They get to take pictures of child abuse and neglect and then go to court to testify about it and relive it. If you think the pay is so great, well sign right up! As for me, I'll just congratulate them and thank them for the job that they do.
I totally agree. Yes, they make good salaries, but they do gut-wrenching jobs at times that I'm thankful I never had to do. My son is a state trooper, and there isn't a day or night that he goes out to work that I don't worry about him. He can be in harms way at any time during any shift. You just never know. He has told me about some of the things he has had to do, and I can tell you, as a parent, I'd be better off not knowing about it.
barney fife

Ogdensburg, NY

#24 Oct 30, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL: WHATS THE LICENCE PLATE READER FOR? I'M SURE BEFORE PULLING A CAR OVER FOR NO LICENCE PLATE LIGHT BEING OUT,
THEY KNOW PRETTY MUCH WHAT AND WHO THEIR DEALING WITH. I DON'T NEED A COP TO GO INTO ANY ALLEY FOR ME
LET US POLICE OURSELFS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sandy Cook 3 hr Joe 17
Highland nursing home 4 hr ailimhazel 28
Do you remember Fredricks Roller Arena?? (Oct '09) 5 hr Skate King 93
Junk yard at old g and g 6 hr americana 8
Massena seeks to uses $100,000 from gaming comp... 9 hr ashamed white man 4
Antibacterial soap ingredient linked to cancer 13 hr Electrical Engineer 2
Best softball players in Massena Wed jan 10
Massena Dating
Find my Match

Massena People Search