trying3find animals lover that can help get my pitbull out of jail (shelter),

Posted in the Massena Forum

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Oct 6, 2010
redshortie

Ithaca, NY

#1 Oct 4, 2010
Hi,
I am looking for help from anyone who is an animal lover. We had to get rid of my pit-bull mix, because he is hyperactive and strong. Reason his strength is hard is because I will be having gastric bypass and I am only 4’8” so he is a big boy for me. I had found him a new home with a 19 yr old that fell in love with him and it was like a match; however, by that night his grandparents were threatening to kill him. Therefore, I tried to get him back, and somehow he ran away, but I had a gut feeling it was otherwise. I searched for three days and finally found him in the local shelter. Apparently, he was tied to a dumpster in the hard rain we had for the last week, even with a note attached to him at least saying his name, but now no one can tell me what the note said. What makes me mad is no one just called me. Well now since I just found him on Friday he has been in the shelter since last Thursday and there is a $20 fee everyday he is there. They just did his rabies shot and is ready to register so when I called today it was roughly $140 to get him out but since we did not have the money it will go up another 20 everyday. However, we are not the ones that lost him. I searched frantically for him and I am claiming he is mine so now they want all this money when face it this area sucks on job wise and making any decent money. I am hoping to maybe get donations to get him out of jail. I will put up with his strength after the surgery just to see him home. It killed on Saturday when we saw him and not being able to leave with him, and then in the car my 3 yr old son just broke down full out crying saying “I want my rexi boy” and it just killed as being his mom and seeing it. I will accept any help, any ideas on what can be done, and so forth, I hope there are strong animal lovers as I am and can understand. Thank you.
Yes, he is a pit-bull mix, but you could not ask for a better dog, just hyperactive needs more training. People needs to get over what the media says, look up different facts of all kinds.

“My text crits for over 9000”

Since: Jan 10

The Planet Vegita

#2 Oct 4, 2010
It is pretty ridicules when it will cost the owner more to get it out then someone to adopt it in 2 weeks. Get a friend to go in there when you see it up for adoption and adopt it for 80$. It will have a license and shots then you can transfer it back to you for half of what they are asking.
i know

Ithaca, NY

#3 Oct 5, 2010
Dogs are 80-100 and there are fees like taxs and lic.'s.They wont give u your dog back if they think u had a part in abusing it.I am an animal lover and have had a similar problem with them.
what I know

Ithaca, NY

#4 Oct 5, 2010
It cost me $70. Couldnt afford $30 and it got up to 70 before I could get help.
the queen

Little Falls, NY

#5 Oct 5, 2010
Not to sound heartless but maybe he will be adopted to a home where an owner has the strenth,time and money to care for him properly.You need to focus on getting well and taking care of your child.Maybe you can dogsit for a friend so your little boy still has contacts with dogs.when you get back on your feet,maybe then would be a good time to find a more appropriate pet.
redshortie

Ithaca, NY

#6 Oct 6, 2010
the queen wrote:
Not to sound heartless but maybe he will be adopted to a home where an owner has the strenth,time and money to care for him properly.You need to focus on getting well and taking care of your child.Maybe you can dogsit for a friend so your little boy still has contacts with dogs.when you get back on your feet,maybe then would be a good time to find a more appropriate pet.
only thing i can figure to say is huh about taking care of my child. my kids are spoiled it wasn't their fault me trying to find a good home for rex. rex was spoiled rotten and a total mama's boy. stays and goes everywhere with me and the kids. u would be surprised how a dog as well can make a person feel better when they are dn about a lot of situations. also it doesn't help the landlord is off and a control manner so that is why i tried fast to find a home. but thanks for the comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Violi's closing Sept 27th 1 hr Dirty 14
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 3 hr Ann 16,777
hells angels 4 hr THE GREEN WATCHDOG 25
Massena man jailed after injuring police office... 5 hr IDK 2
massena taxi 11 hr pissed 3
News - State Trooper Shot in Northern New York (Jun '07) 11 hr pissed 11
Deer Hunters Are Stupid (Nov '13) Wed siamwitch 187
i heard violies was broken into this past week Wed huh 2
•••
•••