Courier Observer Letter To the Editor...

Courier Observer Letter To the Editor By Richard Babcock, December 17, 2011

Posted in the Massena Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Disbelieve

Lake Placid, NY

#1 Dec 17, 2011
Mr. Richard Babcock loosely threw the derogatory term "handicapped" around regarding children in the school system. You were misinformed and downright rude and offensive in doing so. Handicapped can be perceived as someone having some type of impediment. You have verbally attacked a group of children who didn't deserve your comment and are in no way your term handicapped. Your assumption and the misinformation you received caused you to make an incorrect statement. This teacher you spoke of just up and threw a tantrum because he wanted to teach calculus not Algebra. Do you believe math college and teachers go to school only to learn and teach calculus? Your insult was not appreciated.
droopy-balls

Ithaca, NY

#2 Dec 17, 2011
This guy is a complete tool who thinks he is all that and then some. He's all over the Internet trying to pick up woman who are in a relationship and trying to split them up. He is a down right turd to society.
sceneit

Lake Placid, NY

#3 Dec 18, 2011
He has always been an a hole.
Team Bab

Ithaca, NY

#4 Dec 23, 2011
Who would you rather have on your side?

1. A retired respected law enforcement officer who has worked hard for everything he has.

2. This guy.http://www.mugshotsonline. com/florida/madeira-beach/gord on-r-fetterly/4984542
Team Bab

Ithaca, NY

#5 Dec 23, 2011
clean machine

Ithaca, NY

#6 Dec 26, 2011
he is over 70 years old and has been married over 50 years!! don't think he would be on the internet..he spends his time writing letters to the editor!!!!!!!!!!
Team Bab

Ithaca, NY

#7 Dec 26, 2011
Yeah! He was busy fighting crime for years while Gordy has been busy committing crimes. Roger is an idiot for asking Gordy to write that letter. Everything in it, Roger told him to write. Every letter you read that Roger has "supposedly " written, has been written for him. What you read in Gordy Fatterly's letter is Roger's wording. You can tell by the redundant whining.
This Gordy Person

Lake Placid, NY

#9 Dec 26, 2011
This Gordy person must be your new victim to attack? Who is next? This is Massena drama at its best.
eyes wide open

Ithaca, NY

#10 Dec 26, 2011
Disbelieve wrote:
Mr. Richard Babcock loosely threw the derogatory term "handicapped" around regarding children in the school system. You were misinformed and downright rude and offensive in doing so. Handicapped can be perceived as someone having some type of impediment. You have verbally attacked a group of children who didn't deserve your comment and are in no way your term handicapped. Your assumption and the misinformation you received caused you to make an incorrect statement. This teacher you spoke of just up and threw a tantrum because he wanted to teach calculus not Algebra. Do you believe math college and teachers go to school only to learn and teach calculus? Your insult was not appreciated.
Can you post a link to this letter/article? I would be interested in learning more. Thanks
You know

Syracuse, NY

#11 Dec 26, 2011
This Gordy Person wrote:
This Gordy person must be your new victim to attack? Who is next? This is Massena drama at its best.
Actually it all leads right back at Clough.....
Thin Gray Line

Ithaca, NY

#12 Dec 26, 2011
Richard Babcock is among the most respected conservative voices in the North Country. His service to the community that he chooses to live in, is without doubt, an act of duty and dedication. Attempts to besmirch the Babcock family lead to nothing but frustration to the haters out there of a better way of life. He could live anywhere in the world but he stays among the people he grew up with, meaning he has roots and values.

If something bad happens next year and we have to stick together, I'm in Babs corner, all the way. Lots of guys in our generation will.
Blast From The Past

Lake Placid, NY

#13 Dec 26, 2011
Name sounds familiar. Heard his name mentioned many years back as a kid. I not sure it was in the best light. I could be wrong. Was he really knocking disabled kids? If that is so in the paper, that is not right though. I will ask around about him some more.
Thin Gray Line wrote:
Richard Babcock is among the most respected conservative voices in the North Country. His service to the community that he chooses to live in, is without doubt, an act of duty and dedication. Attempts to besmirch the Babcock family lead to nothing but frustration to the haters out there of a better way of life. He could live anywhere in the world but he stays among the people he grew up with, meaning he has roots and values.
If something bad happens next year and we have to stick together, I'm in Babs corner, all the way. Lots of guys in our generation will.
Blast From The Past

Lake Placid, NY

#14 Dec 26, 2011
Do you think Roger Clough thinks he has all the aces in a hole really? Do you think he has time to plot something everyday and he would really want to do that so people would hate him? Doesn't the guy have enough to do with running the school? Seems like some of you people out there are acting pretty miserable toward the guy. I am glad I don't have you people mad at me for something. It just is awful to watch this go on really. There are so many mean people in this town. No wonder people are committing suicide.
You know wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it all leads right back at Clough.....
REALITY

Ithaca, NY

#15 Dec 26, 2011
Blast From The Past wrote:
Do you think Roger Clough thinks he has all the aces in a hole really? Do you think he has time to plot something everyday and he would really want to do that so people would hate him? Doesn't the guy have enough to do with running the school? Seems like some of you people out there are acting pretty miserable toward the guy. I am glad I don't have you people mad at me for something. It just is awful to watch this go on really. There are so many mean people in this town. No wonder people are committing suicide. <quoted text>
Yes, he does have the time and is why the entire school system in Massena is in turmoil. He's NOT doing his job because he is spending all of his time plotting against people and talking on the phone with his attorney trying to figure out who he can sue next. He could care less who hates him. He has been heard saying that he likes to rule by fear and intimidation rather than by making friends. Sick.
really

Ithaca, NY

#16 Dec 26, 2011
Blast From The Past wrote:
Do you think Roger Clough thinks he has all the aces in a hole really? Do you think he has time to plot something everyday and he would really want to do that so people would hate him? Doesn't the guy have enough to do with running the school? Seems like some of you people out there are acting pretty miserable toward the guy. I am glad I don't have you people mad at me for something. It just is awful to watch this go on really. There are so many mean people in this town. No wonder people are committing suicide. <quoted text>
Wow!! By what you've written, one would get the impression that Roger is being burned at the stake, without cause! If you haven't been subject to his manipulative power trip, please save your defense of him. I have witnessed far too many being made the victim, not the other way around! Those looking on can only provide moral support to those targeted. They realize they are also at his mercy and far too many have far too much to lose by standing up to our very own vindictive, leader.
zappia

Lake Placid, NY

#17 Dec 26, 2011
REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he does have the time and is why the entire school system in Massena is in turmoil. He's NOT doing his job because he is spending all of his time plotting against people and talking on the phone with his attorney trying to figure out who he can sue next. He could care less who hates him. He has been heard saying that he likes to rule by fear and intimidation rather than by making friends. Sick.
How do you know Clough is on the phone all the time? How do you know the attorny fees he is racking up? It must be Chad Simpson organizing and writing on topix's.The teachers look like fools when they voted down the budget and left the kids to suffer.its not all the teachers just a some whack nut left wingers.You guys are showing your true colors. The taxpayers are watching the union leadership throwing a fit. They do not care about the taxpayers. When the next budget comes up they will not come out to support the school.Roger has a job to do!If you were working at alcoa(a union job)and were told to move to another part of the plant would you cry on topix's about your boss.NO you wouldn't!! Stop crying act like proffesionals and grow up!
Cry Babies

Lake Placid, NY

#18 Dec 27, 2011
These cry babies have it too good! This is the problem. Next they will want to be having the taxpayers give them facials and massages in their contract with an extended lunch hours and paid vacation trips to the Bahamas and Mexico every year. come on now! This is getting ridiculous. These people really haven't a clue on what is going on in this town and every other town across the country. Things are on a downward spiral. These people think Roger Clough is bad? Oh my my. I lived downstate for 30 years near a school district the size of Massena's. That school district could not keep a good Superintendent there because they had a similar situation with teachers who got spoiled so bad. Those teachers who complained getting worse and worse Superintendent each time one changed. None of the good ones wanted to go there anymore for good reason. The school district had to make severe cuts. The taxpayers couldn't afford to give them any raises and the school had to drastically cut employee benefits. The district had to close buildings. Cut jobs, move teachers to different grades, close buildings and double up teachers' using classrooms. Don't wish to hard for a change. You may not like it any better. You find yourself in a worse shell shock!
zappia wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know Clough is on the phone all the time? How do you know the attorny fees he is racking up? It must be Chad Simpson organizing and writing on topix's.The teachers look like fools when they voted down the budget and left the kids to suffer.its not all the teachers just a some whack nut left wingers.You guys are showing your true colors. The taxpayers are watching the union leadership throwing a fit. They do not care about the taxpayers. When the next budget comes up they will not come out to support the school.Roger has a job to do!If you were working at alcoa(a union job)and were told to move to another part of the plant would you cry on topix's about your boss.NO you wouldn't!! Stop crying act like proffesionals and grow up!
Chad Simpson

Lake Placid, NY

#19 Dec 27, 2011
Sounds like the orange mouthed cheese doodler Chad Simpson complaining. Why don't you do something good and fight for drug testing of teachers for the safety of the people in the school district. You have a few suspect ones I have heard.
REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>
Sherlock Holmes Chad

Lake Placid, NY

#20 Dec 27, 2011
Hey Sherlock, do you have your magnifying glass and your stethoscope next to the Superintendent's window outside? What class did you let the kids watch movies for eye spying activities? You said what now about the kids in need of improvement? Teacher quality time you spend with the kids is at its utmost finest? Art classes are essential to getting a job in the real world today? Is that why they call you the cheese doodler? I thought it was because you ate cheese doodles all day long in school. I noticed your face had a orange-brownish tint to it. Excuse me, honestly, where is your self accountability and the accountability you should be having to the members of the teachers' union? You are continuing to once again look like the mule's behind. Why don't you just have cold one and unwind for awhile. Just to let you know, I will always greet you with a smile. Maybe you will figure out who this old fart is after awhile.
REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>
Ginger Brandy Man

Lake Placid, NY

#21 Dec 27, 2011
Isn't this the guy they called the ginger brandy man because he always had a pint of ginger brandy tucked in his jacket?
Thin Gray Line wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Country Broadband activates fiber to home... 1 hr whatevs 5
News Currier explains descision behind Working Famil... (Jul '14) Wed cops run business... 7
Donald Trump Thinking of running for President! (Oct '10) Tue Mexicant 18
Massena Humane Society Tue ASPCA 6
mmh (Jan '17) Tue Hmm 33
News Massena woman third to plead guilty in August s... Nov 19 smoke pills everyday 1
News Incumbent Massena Town Supervisor issues last-m... Nov 16 Truth Speaker 14

Massena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massena Mortgages