11/5/12 pitnutter sentenced to 7 year...

11/5/12 pitnutter sentenced to 7 years in jail

Posted in the Massena Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
cant deny

Auburn, NY

#1 Nov 6, 2012
TYPICAL PITNUTTER WHO DOESN'T HAVE A SHRED OF HUMAN DECENCY AND CARES FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT HERSELF GLAD SHE'S OFF THE STREETS FOR A WHILE WE NEED STRICTER LAWS LIKE NEW ZEALAND HAS

Woman who set pitbull on sister jailed for seven years
1:22 PM Monday Nov 5, 2012

Phillipa Bayley is accused of encouraging her pitbull puppy to join in a savage attack on her sister. Photo / John Borren

A woman who set her pitbull dog on her sister has been jailed for seven years.

Phillipa Bayley, 55, was sentenced in Tauranga District Court today on a charge of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm after using her dog to inflict horrific injuries on her sister during a dispute in May last year.

Bayley's sister Liz Smith was in the public gallery at the beginning of sentencing today but left in tears as details were read out.

The jury in Bailey's trial was unable to determine whether the dog was used in self-defence but the judge determined that it was not.

A decision on the dog's future is expected later today and it remains in the care of Tauranga pound
Annie

Yorkville, NY

#2 Nov 6, 2012
I think you should go to New Zealand, then, where you will be appreciated.
cant deny

Auburn, NY

#3 Nov 6, 2012
Annie wrote:
I think you should go to New Zealand, then, where you will be appreciated.
maybe i will after i get stricter laws enacted right here in the US again not one word of sympathy for this woman who suffered through a horrific mauling at her sister's hands not one word condemning the actions of this deranged pitnutter keep on proving how low on the evolutionary scale the moral character of pitnutters is none of you have an ounce of human decency or at least not one that i have have encountered on here
troll watcher

Syracuse, NY

#4 Nov 6, 2012
A lot of talk about getting stricter laws, but little action from you.
cant deny

Auburn, NY

#6 Nov 7, 2012
Me Again wrote:
Did anyone take a look at the story? The lady was horribly injured but something is a little odd. Did you notice in the original article, the dog was originally called a puppy. I went to the beginning of the story. There is a picture of the puppy, who is really quite small and he is identified as being 4 months old. I have had dogs my whole life and I have yet to see a 4 month old puppy of any breed that would attack a person that he lived with even if someone told him to. Unless this rather large woman was tied up or passed out drunk why didn't she fend him off, he was a sick small puppy. All her injuries are to her face and head, I can't imagine how a little puppy who really don't look much like a pit, could do that to an adult of normal strength. Something is stinky here.
listen the judge did not put her in jail for 7 years FOR NOTHING it's only common sense and the article said [ if you read it] there were other dogs attacking and the pit joined in what breeds the other dogs were i don't know but again the judge isn't going to send someone to jail for 7 years for nothing any idiot that would sic a pit on their sister needs serious help and needs to be BANNED from ever owning a dog again and once again not one word of sympathy for this woman who suffered through a horrific mauling and not one word condemning the pitnutters actions ONLY CONCERN ABOUT THE DOG TYPICAL PITNUTTER
confused

Massena, NY

#7 Nov 7, 2012
How can I conact the people who have this dog? I would like to go see if I can possibly adopt this animal and bring him back to massena to raise .
I will hug him and squeeze him and I will call him George
cant deny

Auburn, NY

#9 Nov 7, 2012
Me Again wrote:
I agree with you the judge and jury did not put this woman in jail for nothing. I think she got away with far less than I would have given her. Once again though, you need to slow down when you read. The word pit seems to make you go brain dead and blind.
The point that I was trying to make is that I don't think that you have posted the whole story. I know you don't like pits but even you would have to admit that it is unlikely that a 4 month old sickly puppy that probably was about 20-25lbs at a guess could do all that damage to a large adult woman. In the pictures and the story there was no mention of defensive wounds. Did she just lay there and let it happen? You mentioned that there was more than one dog and if so what happened to them and what kind of dog were they. If there were other dogs why was only a puppy used to charge this psycho. If I were a lawyer the puppy would have been my last choice. Would you please point out where the article says there were other dogs. I guess I missed it. That would make the story a little more realistic. I would also like to ask you to point out where you expressed sympathy in this situation. So far, all I see is you using a sketchy story in the hopes if bettering your agenda. Shame on you.
it was a pit that she sicced on her sister apparently the pit did do the damage and if you can PROVE with documented verifiable facts that it didn't then please proceed but if you can't you are just using another famous lame pitnutter tactic blame everything for the attack except the pit i'm sure she tried to defend herself just because it doesn't say she did doesn't mean she didn't you are really grasping at straws now i can only tell you what the article stated i obviously was not there so i do not know about the other dogs again grasping at straws to excuse the pit there are other accounts of pit puppys attacking and causing severe injury so it isn't out of the realm of possibility like you are trying to make it out to be go back and read the article if you missed it you said you looked up follow up articles on the case reread them reread my posts and you will see what i said about this savage mauling you can read right you seem to MISS a lot of things that are right in front of your face - WHY IS THATn all i see you doing is not comprehending what you read and then try to make excuses for pits out of thin air if you can not PROVE your allegations don't make them
cant deny

Auburn, NY

#10 Nov 7, 2012
SEE HOW EASY IT IS TO FIND THE INFORMATION JUST GOOGLE THE VICTIM'S NAME DDDDDDUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH

Liz Smith And Pitbull - News Results

Woman who set pitbull on sister jailed for seven years The New Zealand Herald - Nov 04 04:53pm
Woman who set pitbull on sister jailed Stuff - Nov 04 07:54pm
Woman jailed after pitbull attack NZ Newswire...- Nov 04 05:22pm
Pitbull mauls woman in Welcome Bay | Bay of Plenty News ...
An american pitbull dog has torn the scalp off a woman and left her suffering puncture wounds and bruising all over her body in a ... Kawerau woman Liz Smith,...
www.bayofplentytimes.co.nz/news/pitbull-mauls... ...- Cached
Liz Smith And Pitbull - Image Results

Why woman own piitbulls – Pit bull attack owner on trial ...
... STOP THE DEED- PIT BULL HOLOCAUST FORUMS ... Liz Smith from Kawerau, thought she was going to die when she was attacked by the pitpull puppy.
pitbullholocaust.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/why... ...- Cached
7 years' jail for dog attack on sister - National - NZ Herald ...
[Nov 6, 2012] Liz Smith left court yesterday in tears before her sister was sent to prison. The dog will be put down. Photo / APN ... then set pitbull on her.
www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm... ...- Cached
Woman jailed after pitbull attack - Yahoo! New Zealand News
A woman who used her pitbull dog in an attack on her sister has been sentenced to seven years in prison. New User? Sign Up; Sign In; ... Liz Smith, at her Tauranga home ...
nz.news.yahoo.com/.../woman-jailed-after-pitb... - Cached
Pitbull tears off woman's scalp in vicious attack | Rotorua ...
ATTACK: Liz Smith was mauled by a pit bull dog which is now in the Tauranga City Council pound. Mark Mckeown. Related. Woman in 'fight for life'
www.rotoruadailypost.co.nz/news/pitbull-tears... ...- Cached
Sister attack: Woman denies unleashing pitbull | Rotorua News ...
A Tauranga woman accused of bashing her sister and encouraging her pitbull to savage her has told a court she ... she was sitting astride a bloodied Liz Smith,...
www.rotoruadailypost.co.nz/...unleashing-pitb... - Cached
Liz Smith Remembers Helen Gurley Brown - I4U News
A woman who set her pitbull dog on to her sister, causing serious injuries, has been jailed for seven years.... Liz Smith: A World Lit By Fire. Source: Women on the Web.
www.i4u.com/2012/10/liz-smith/liz-smith-gurle... ...- Cached
Woman Who Set Pitbull On Sister Jailed For Seven...| Stuff.co.nz
A woman who set her pitbull dog on to her sister, causing serious injuries, has been jailed for seven years.... Liz Smith from Kawerau, in May last year,...
www.stuff.co.nz/.../Woman-who-set-pitbull-on-...
SunLive - Alleged pitbull attack owner on trial - The Bay's ...
Alleged pitbull attack owner on trial - Sunlive - The Bay's News First.... The court has heard how Bayley’s sister, Liz Smith from Kawerau,...
www.sunlive.co.nz/news/32589-alleged-pitbull-... ...- Cached
cant deny

Auburn, NY

#11 Nov 7, 2012
Me Again wrote:
I agree with you the judge and jury did not put this woman in jail for nothing. I think she got away with far less than I would have given her. Once again though, you need to slow down when you read. The word pit seems to make you go brain dead and blind.
The point that I was trying to make is that I don't think that you have posted the whole story. I know you don't like pits but even you would have to admit that it is unlikely that a 4 month old sickly puppy that probably was about 20-25lbs at a guess could do all that damage to a large adult woman. In the pictures and the story there was no mention of defensive wounds. Did she just lay there and let it happen? You mentioned that there was more than one dog and if so what happened to them and what kind of dog were they. If there were other dogs why was only a puppy used to charge this psycho. If I were a lawyer the puppy would have been my last choice. Would you please point out where the article says there were other dogs. I guess I missed it. That would make the story a little more realistic. I would also like to ask you to point out where you expressed sympathy in this situation. So far, all I see is you using a sketchy story in the hopes if bettering your agenda. Shame on you.
there wasn't other dogs involved i must have confused this attack with another i read so many of them it states the pit "joined" in on the attack which i thought meant other dogs but it meant the sister so the pit did the damage
cant deny

Auburn, NY

#12 Nov 7, 2012
Pitbull mauls woman in Welcome Bay
Michele McPherson | Tuesday, May 24, 2011 13:54

Related
Judge declares mistrial for pitbull puppy attack

An american pitbull dog has torn the scalp off a woman and left her suffering puncture wounds and bruising all over her body in a brutal attack lasting 20 minutes.

The dog belongs to the victim's sister who is accused of attacking her with the dog joining in.

Kawerau woman Liz Smith, 52, was visiting her sister at her Welcome Bay home when the dog attack happened early Saturday.

Her sister Phillipa Bayley, 54, appeared in Tauranga District Court yesterday over the incident.

Ms Smith alleges her sister attacked her about 2am after they had spent the night discussing "issues".

The dog joined in and Ms Smith estimates it attacked her for 20 minutes before police arrived. She suspects a neighbour heard the noise and called for help.

Ms Smith said the dog tore at her scalp, ears, nose and lips.

She was taken to Tauranga Hospital and has undergone surgery.

"It was not going to stop, I begged her 'get the dog off me'," Ms Smith said.

"I don't know how I'm going to get it out of my head when I go to sleep at night," she said. "I'm very lucky to have survived this."

The dog has been impounded.

Ms Smith wanted to speak out about the attack so the public knew "these dogs don't stop".

Because the dog was only a puppy she believed claims the breed was trained to attack were untrue.

"I think this will help to prove that it's actually in the breed," she said.

Previously the dog had been sitting on Ms Smith's knee.

"Half an hour before that, I'd been patting the dog," she said.

Ms Smith said she haemorrhaged during surgery to repair her face and scalp. She was discharged from Tauranga Hospital yesterday afternoon and said she wanted to thank the staff for their compassion and care.

In court yesterday, Ms Smith's sister faced a charge of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

Standing in the dock dressed in blue police-assigned overalls, she was remanded on bail without plea and is due back in court on June 3.

Community magistrate Robyn Paterson granted Bayley bail subject to conditions including a ban on consuming alcohol and non-prescribed drugs and entering licensed premises, except supermarkets.

Mrs Paterson also banned Bayley from having control of any dog.

Bayley is also barred from having any contact with her sister and entering Kawerau township.

Tauranga City Council animal services team leader Brent Lincoln said american pitbull terriers were the biggest biters, accounting for 18 per cent of attacks yet constituting just 1 per cent of the Tauranga dog population.

In the Western Bay in April last year, an american pitbull terrier inflicted leg wounds so serious that the victim needed 10 days in hospital and plastic surgery.
cant deny

Auburn, NY

#13 Nov 7, 2012
Me Again wrote:
i am reading through a lot of these various articles about this attack and i have not read anything about the puppy being sickly i will continue reading but please post you documented verifiable facts that the pit was sickly
cant deny

Auburn, NY

#14 Nov 7, 2012
this is what an officer said about the attack when he came onto the scene

They said the pitbull had blood coating its snout and jaw, and one officer said blood was dripping from its mouth. Inside the house Ms Smith was an almost ``unrecognisable bloody mess''.
confused

Massena, NY

#15 Nov 7, 2012
lmao you cant remember ? thats caused youpost SO MUCH SH*There!!!!! now do me a favor and find out where that cute little budle of joy is I want to adopt his puppy arse and bring e'm back to massena
cant deny

Auburn, NY

#16 Nov 7, 2012
Me Again wrote:
i also have not seen anything about the puppy being 4 months old i will keep looking but post your documented verifiable facts about the puppy being 4 months old
cant deny

Auburn, NY

#17 Nov 7, 2012
Me Again wrote:
here's a picture of the dog it doesn't look sickly 4 months old or only weighing what ever it was you said it weighed 20 to 30 lbs i think how much did you say the dog weighed again

http://www.sunlive.co.nz/news/32747-woman-gui...
cant deny

Auburn, NY

#18 Nov 7, 2012
oh you posted 20 to 25 lbs the pit in the picture is much heavier than that
cant deny

Auburn, NY

#19 Nov 7, 2012
Me Again wrote:
post exactly where you found the info that the pit was sickly 4 months old and only weighed 20 to 25 lbs i think you are lying to try and make excuses for the pit if you don't post the info YOU ARE PROVING YOURSELF TO BE A LIAR i will be waiting for you to back up your wild unsubstantiated claim
cant deny

Auburn, NY

#21 Nov 7, 2012
Me Again wrote:
I did not ask you for a link. I had those, at least the ones that work. I asked you to show me where you saw that other dogs were involved. That was a lie....The sister beat her up and hit her with a stone chess piece and knocked her down, then she sat on her and encouraged the puppy to bite her. I knew there had to be more to the story than what you printed. Now it all fits. When printing stories like this you should not leave things out or add things. It makes you look like a fool and puts every other item that you print in question. Perhaps you should take your own advice. duhhh You also did not show me where you showed any sympathy for the victim.
that was not a lie it was a misstatement you saying the puppy was 4 months old sickly and weighed 20 to 25 lbs is most likely a lie now back it up or PROVE yourself to be a liar when commenting on stories like this YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE THINGS UP TO EXCUSE THE PIT NOW SHOW ME THE PROOF THAT THE PUPPY WAS 4 MONTHS OLD SICKLY AND WEIGHED 20 TO 25 LBS i posted the article i came across pitnutters are always free to look up other articles the sister did not rip her scalp lips and ears and making up things like the puppy being 4 months old sickly and weighing 20 to 25 lbs makes you look LIKE A LIAR AND DEFINITELY SHOOTS YOUR CREDIBILITY everything i posted about the attack was true
cant deny

Auburn, NY

#22 Nov 7, 2012
Me Again wrote:
I did not ask you for a link. I had those, at least the ones that work. I asked you to show me where you saw that other dogs were involved. That was a lie....The sister beat her up and hit her with a stone chess piece and knocked her down, then she sat on her and encouraged the puppy to bite her. I knew there had to be more to the story than what you printed. Now it all fits. When printing stories like this you should not leave things out or add things. It makes you look like a fool and puts every other item that you print in question. Perhaps you should take your own advice. duhhh You also did not show me where you showed any sympathy for the victim.
suffered through a horrific mauling that would be sympathy - SUFFERED

maybe i will after i get stricter laws enacted right here in the US again not one word of sympathy for this woman who suffered through a horrific mauling at her sister's hands not one word condemning the actions of this deranged pitnutter keep on proving how low on the evolutionary scale the moral character of pitnutters is none of you have an ounce of human decency or at least not one that i have have encountered on here
cant deny tarded

Massena, NY

#23 Nov 7, 2012
its not that people don't hate pitbulls, they just hate your spam more, you are over the top tarded, chill out and stop posting 20 threads a day, you replace any new news with your same repeat crap, you should be banned

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Female junkies? 7 hr lurtin 5
hot girl in walmart 8 hr Noticed 6
Armed incident on the Rez 9 hr truth be told 4
The Bin Laden raid story is complete BS and fan... 9 hr truth be told 2
old diamond eatery in massena NY (Apr '13) 10 hr Senior Chalupa 30
Trump camp admits he was playacting- he will be... 15 hr Gop 8
why do adult children treat their parents like ... (Jan '12) 16 hr Dee 132
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massena Mortgages